Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions (51737 Views)

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage / See The Immoral Act South Africa High School Children Display At School / Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bakrabas:
The day I graduated my mum was very Happy to the extend that she started crying while praying for me.

I couldn't get her all I promised her she didn't care about that she's only concerned about my well being

She doesn't care if I give her or not all she care for is my well being

When I got to the point of paying her back, she left me.

To you guys who still have mum Pls take care of her because mine is gone

And pray may God shower on her his blessings and and protect her more than how she protected me when she was with me
I know that feeling.

Only those with low self esteem and inferiority complex put together will not understand that mothers joy.

I share in her joy journey...

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Abee79(m): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
DKM123:
Abeg this is overdoing it and being excessively dramatic. Did she just know that her daughter has graduated? Wetin be this?
Hear her story first, then you can judge. Thank you wink wink
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Sweetvie: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Smile.
Really cute smiley
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Gbogbowa: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
White men don't have African type of joy after graduation because schooling is a bit easier but in African let say Nigerian even after jamb your child may not be sure of admission you start prayer and fasting,after admission strike and oppression from some people,parent go through a lot to send children to school, at times borrow money or sell property to pay school fee.if at the end the children did not put someone in a family way or they put the child in a family way you will be so happy that you have not labour in vain

2 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by bablon20(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Old news
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by davidtemi(m): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
She is joyous. I like it

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by scally11: 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
I go dance more than this in November when I finally finish my dissertation at Strathclyde. When I remembered how I take leave naija, source for form A finish my assessment and all. Walahi dey go call police Scotland for me.

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by bukatyne(f): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
I thought the mother removed her wrapper sef..

Nice one mama, you would reap the fruit of your labour.

How sweet if it was back home; all the women there or in her circle would have rallied round her in joy kiss

I am yet to see how the one minute display 'interrupted' or 'disturbed' the occasion.

2 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Octopusssy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
dyera:

Nonsense, so if a South African women come take off her clothes and dance naked in celebration of her daughter graduation from oyibo university, you will also say it's their way of life? Any over excessive celebration that will disturb the order of the event must be discouraged.
So how did her dancing disrupt the order of anything?? Una go just dey cap crap

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Bakrabas: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
Qadaffi2idiamin:
I know that feeling.

Only those with low self esteem and inferiority complex put together will not understand that mothers joy.

I share in her joy journey...

Honestly she couldn't wait ... the time when I was in the university back in 2011/2015 that she usually struggled to give me 3k per months.

I thank God for everything we only meet on the Dreamland but I missed her

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Bakrabas: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
talented321:
Ur story touch me, sorry for the loss at the wrong time.

Thanks bro...
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by talented321: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
One love
Bakrabas:

Thanks bro...
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by sirchim(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
CJStarz:
Wetin concern us with oyibo reaction or not? If na me sef, I go tie ichaka for leg dey dance.
Proudly African.
May God keep all the parents in this platform to raise and train their children to greater heights and may we live to reap the Fruits of our labour in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.
no b lie, 🀣 u dey mind them.

1 Like

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Omoawoke: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Was this necessary? Do the right things at the right place, behaving like someone loose in the brain
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Bakrabas: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
talented321:
Ur story touch me, sorry for the loss at the wrong time.

She taught me to be an hustler, she taught me to be contented. I became a top hawker in 2001 at new Court Road, ogunpa Ibadan.

Pa died when I was in pry 1.

Mum was the one carrying the burden

It's very long bitter story bro...

But I thank God for everything not on top of the world but the little is much if God is in It
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Omoawoke: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Throw the dramatic jungle bunny and her calf out of there!! angry

This is exactly the thoughts going through the minds of those in attendance, but they are good in hiding their feelings, they will display a fake smile for the camera
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by talented321: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
I know life is very bitter especially when it involve lack of money and suffering, everybody will just leave u to ur fate including family members and friends. I can relate that is why i quote u.
''cheers''
Bakrabas:

She taught me to be an hustler, she taught me to be contented. I became a top hawker in 2001 at new Court Road, ogunpa Ibadan.

Pa died when I was in pry 1.

Mum was the one carrying the burden

It's very long bitter story bro...

But I thank God for everything not on top of the world but the little is much if God is in It
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Bakrabas: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Godson213:

Na mama way care about person we day care about. My own mother no even send me at all

Yes please take It easy with her. If there's anything like small god it should be our parent especially mum.

Sometimes if there's no dinner and we're hungry my mum will look for dried maize and fry it for us

Just to eat something

Meh... The eyes have seen I still have something to thank God.

Your mum will be there for you even if she's not rich she will find a way to be there for you

Except if something is wrong with your steps
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Dentalgist: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
jesmond3945:
you wont understand
Definitely, he won't understand. As I was watching the video, am smiling and shedding tears at the same time, her joy is palpable!
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by brownbib(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
If you don't know Name of institution or location, it's null and void!
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Omoawoke: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
DKM123:
Abeg this is overdoing it and being excessively dramatic. Did she just know that her daughter has graduated? Wetin be this?

Ignore those ones quoting you and spitting out their frustrations.
There’s a place and occasion for everything. This is madness and unreasonable. People should respect their environment. Is that place for a cultural dance?
Senseless people always take things from their emotional part of the brain instead of rational

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MrBroke(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
The things people value other people dey see am as trash. Na so life e b. For example going to school is trash to me i don't care if it is harvard or Oxford
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by DKM123: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Entanglement:
oga enemy of progress, chief executive manager of the head of village people, the overall chief of army staff (brigade General) of enemy of progress, CEO of poverty management firm, HOD of "brought up by an abusive family background"
vice-chancellor of hate and envy

WE GREET YOU SIR!

Are you sure you are okay upstairs? Who stole your biscuits?
See as you dey type like frustrated m@d woman wey escape from yabaleft.

How envy and h@te take come in? It's either you projecting or just a s!lly fo.wl going through her painful menstrua.l period.
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by rollywise(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Glimpsetv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omiGKS2qfg0

The internet is buzzing with mixed reactions over a proud African mother's display at her daughter's convocation.

In the midst of the crowd, the woman danced joyfully and laid down her clothes as a makeshift red carpet for her daughter to walk on. Embracing her tightly, the mother showered her with affection. However, not everyone was on board with this spectacle. Behind the camera, a voice could be heard screaming in a manner that was both amusing and irritating.

While some find this act to be incredibly beautiful, others find it rather embarrassing. Unfortunately, we do not know the name or location of the school, but it is evident that it is a foreign institution as the majority of students in attendance were white.

Anyone who finds this embarrassing or annoying can go to hell and burn there

3 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by rhythyson: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Wawelexy:
I can understand her joy.... We all pray to make our mama proud...

Joy of motherhood impressive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by emonis88: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nigeria n over doing it🀣🀣🀣🀣 , na so everybody for Nigeria wan break GWR .πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by ACCESSTECHGLOBA: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
ACCESSTECH GLOBAL IS A REGISTERED NIGERIA COMPANY, WE DEAL IN CONSTRUCTION OF FILLING STATION AND GAS PLANTS, SALES OF DISPENSERS AND ACCEESSORIES, REPAIRS AND MAINTAINACE. KINDLY CALL US 08134860895, INSTAGRAM : @accesstechglobal, FACEBOOK : ACCESSTECH GLOBAL OIL & GAS.

1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by wiseone28: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
WannaHowzit:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Warl0ck and wiseone28 's mother squealing like a pig after they finally graduated from their undertree Grade7 at the ages of 20 and 22 respectively.
Seems you are obsessed with me i am not LGBTQ guy πŸ™„
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by WannaHowzit(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
wiseone28:
Seems you are obsessed with me i am not LGBTQ guy πŸ™„

Is my future mother-in-law still squealing like a πŸ–? And don't think I didn't notice you trolling my snow thread😑

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully / 300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.