Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now (61106 Views)

Abuja Office Of The President In 1980 Used By Shehu Shagari-photo / Buhari Appeared In US Army War College 1980 Album / Col Muhammadu buhari on completion of his Masters degree in US in 1980- Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by paskal16: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Absuchat:
grin
That's what you get when Yoruba and Hausa people keep breeding like ants just for election purposes. Tufiakwa
you’re right
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Godstiger(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
How poor men dey get erection na something I still never understand.

If dem no get money atleast dem get joystick
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by AjaoEstater(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:
Anyone who believes Nigeria is anything above 100 million is joking

I laugh at them saying Lagos is 20 million

Lagos that 40% is still untouched bushes? Before going argue use Google Earth don't come and disgrace yourself here

95% of Lagos population live at the center... East is bush, West is bush

Nigeria population is maximum 100 million

You could say the same about literally any country on the planet (like a island country UK having ~70 million people) especially India and China the latter with vast uninhabitable regions and the UN does estimate that Nigeria produce 8 million babies per year (even Wikipedia use UN Population data as official guidance) and India produce 20 million annually, China produce 10 million annually. It also more believable that our population is nearly 300 million my late grandmother had 10 children, and my mother had 8 children. Northern Nigeria which is the "Food basket" of the nation also have the largest lake in west africa, and then we have the largest river in west africa- River Niger, and also River Benue and thousands of other rivers. Then there is Polygamy which is legal here (a man can have like 60 children from 6 wives), child marriage is also legal, and the age of consent is 11 or 18 (16 depending on the state). If Tiny Uganda can have ~50 million people and landlocked, there is no way in hell Nigeria is not over 300 million people.

Note: Nigeria's population is "speculative" because it could be over 500 million, about 11 years ago my dad who was part of the chieftaincy system in the Federation said Nigeria had 300 million people. The Federal Government is underestimating so it wont cause panic esp. with the EU crowd and migration.

2 Likes

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by OVB123: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jogs1900:
Do you think Nigeria population is up to 200m?
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by OVB123: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jogs1900:
Do you think Nigeria population is up to 200m?
Yes! it is.

1 Like

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by ALAYORMII: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
How poor men dey get erection na something I still never understand.

Erection is the 0nly thing they have readily available

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by CodeTemplar: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
tolue42:
When I tell people that population is one of our biggest problem, people will be looking for excuses

In 1960 Nigeria population was 45million, that same year UK population was 52 million

2023 Nigeria population is above 220 million , that same UK is just above 65 million..

How are we going to live a better life when we are not even productive like the UK..
India and China disproves that. It is productivity level that determines poverty level. If 200m people are just justling for oil proceeds, as they grow in number, poverty increases. If they are productive, supply increases progressively with demand and poverty is kept in check.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by olaolaking: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Tunechi5:
honestly ,dont think population is our problem ,what nigeria needs is a good leader, more population more manpower, US is prime example ,other than population what do they have?
The population of US is not increasing rapidly like our own
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by AjaoEstater(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
MOTIONTECH:
In US they are about 250million people and US is like 5 Nigeria in terms of land mass. So you cant use to compare.

Nigeria is larger than the whole of southern europe which is like 15 countries, or France and Germany combined. Nigeria is also one and half times larger than Texas which is the second largest state in the US.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by dapadawee: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by OVB123: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lagos that 40% is still untouched bushes? Before going argue use Google Earth don't come and disgrace yourself here

You are wrong. We are more than 200 million people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Shantyken(m): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
tolue42:
When I tell people that population is one of our biggest problem, people will be looking for excuses

In 1960 Nigeria population was 45million, that same year UK population was 52 million

2023 Nigeria population is above 220 million , that same UK is just above 65 million..

How are we going to live a better life when we are not even productive like the UK..
No mind every morning they will open mouth wah and be blaming govt. Even China get birth control law
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by donhils: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
I don't believe Nigeria's population is up to 200 million. This is another scam they use to divert funds directly or indirectly. Everything in Nigeria must have elements of scam in it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by twilliamx(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
arejibadz:
what happened

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1678796289868443650?s=20

Nigeria's population is based on falsehood. We are not that much and the truth showed itself during this past election

1 Like

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by arsenal33: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Tunechi5:
honestly ,dont think population is our problem ,what nigeria needs is a good leader, more population more manpower, US is prime example ,other than population what do they have?
Having children in a reckless manner is a problem.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by mrvitalis(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Quebec91:
Nonsense talk πŸ˜’πŸ™„

Lemme burst your bubble, don't be surprise if new Population census carries out, Nigeria population will be nothing less than 300million by now 🀣🀣

With the way does northern illiterate giving births like pigs and end up becoming almajiri beggers everywhere

NORTH is our Problem in Nigeria as far as population is concern
What's the population of Niger... No be same culture with North?

1 Like

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Cmeo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Tunechi5:

I concur with you. China's is another good example to prove that huge population is not a problem.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by juman(m): 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Our huge population is big advantage.
Jagaban should make use of that opportunity.
Tinubu de, irorun de.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Skyehigher1: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nigeria will be more productive if we have a visionary leader even we self.... There is no Nigerians that is pactrotism if we are all patriotic Nigeria will be moving forward.... Even if government build something there some sabotaged that they are going to vandalized transformers... Pipelines... Health sectors everywhere the resources that supposed to feed every Nigerians there some people that sabotage everything for there personal reasons and for political reas
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Tijani009: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jogs1900:

Chief, all these northern population figures are fake.Maybe we are a little above 100m

Where i stay to serve in the north almost every youth is married even the ones with no jobs i am talking 15 and 16 years
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by SayNo2SmallPrik: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
Quebec91:
Nonsense talk πŸ˜’πŸ™„

Lemme burst your bubble, don't be surprise if new Population census carries out, Nigeria population will be nothing less than 300million by now 🀣🀣

With the way does northern illiterate giving births like pigs and end up becoming almajiri beggers everywhere

NORTH is our Problem in Nigeria as far as population is concern
Which of the Lagos be 40% bush
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by codemaniacs: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
AjaoEstater:

You could say the same about literally any country on the planet (like a island country UK having ~70 million people) especially India and China the latter with vast uninhabitable regions and the UN does estimate that Nigeria produce 8 million babies per year (even Wikipedia use UN Population as guidance) and India produce 20 million annually, China produce 10 million annually. It also more believable that our population is nearly 300 million my late grandmother had 10 children, and my mother had 8 children. Northern Nigeria which is the "Food basket" on the nation also have the largest lake in west africa, and then we have the largest river in west africa- River Niger, and also River Benue and thousands of other rivers. Then there is Polygamy which is legal here (a man can have like 60 children from 6 wives), child marriage is also legal, and the age of consent is 11 or 18 (16 depending on the state). If Tiny Uganda can have ~50 million people and landlocked, there is no way in hell Nigeria is not over 300 million people.

Note: Nigeria's population is "speculative" because it could be over 500 million, about 11 years ago my dad who was part of the chieftaincy system in the Federation said Nigeria had 300 million people. The Federal Government is underestimating so it wont cause panic esp. with the EU crowd and migration.

Northern Nigeria is not the "food basket" of Nigeria.. Southern Nigeria is the food basket of Nigeria.

How can a place that is filled with desert have and produce more food than a place with fertile soil.

Use your brain.

Nigeria's population is not more than 80 million..
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by FireUpNow(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
arejibadz:
what happened

Nigerians don't do family planning. Always fvcking skin to skin and giving birth just anyhow
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by ShaqFu: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
arejibadz:
what happened

this is as a result of having too many unprotected sex and marrying many wives. 😁
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by benjaminlawson(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
tolue42:

Good leaders without much resources ??

Why is it that out of the the most populous countries in the world only US and China(not really enjoying like Americans) are living a GoodLife??

What happen to standard of living of Brazil, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Nigeria, are you saying they don't have good leaders

Modified***
Bring sanwo olu, ambode , Tinubu and fashola to jigawa state as a governor, I want to see the magic they will perform without resource..

Stop your ignorance, Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources, but mismanagement and corruption on the part of our leaders had hindered us from enjoying God given blessing. On the issue of population, are we not hear during the election that some regions are boosting that some men have 20 to 30 children, with the intention of dominating other regions that controls their birth rate, with this kind of mentality, would any one be surprised that our population is escalating.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by lawani: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Nigeria's population is most probably wrong but the population of the country is mainly determined by arable land and fresh water resources. Production of food is the base of any economy and that is why Nigeria has a larger population than Niger or Libya. The real wealth of any country is water resources. Therefore Nigeria must invariably have a higher population than Germany, no matter what. Some years ago, Lagos registered 140k waec students, Kaduna 100k and Kano 63k or so. For 140k WAEC students, there should be like one million secondary school students and maybe two million primary school students and maybe one million in higher institutions and five hundred thousand droputs. Total kids and dependants will be 4.5 million or thereabouts. Workers and retirees can be 6 or 7 million. Total maximum of 13 million but the figures is many years ago, I can't remember how long ago. I don't think Lagos can be up to 20 million but the WAEC figures I used can serve as guide. The figures mean that Kaduna is definitely more populated than Kano and that census figures used in Nigeria are rubbish. Why will Kaduna not even be more than Kano when it was the capital of the North. Even Ibadan a few decades back was far more populated than Lagos. Real data like exam registration, airtime usage, petrol consumption, bank credit and etc are the real markers of population distribution in Nigeria. You can only get reliable figures when nation building starts
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Olaide1295: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Tunechi5:
Other than population, the US produces 10 million barrels of oil per day. They have much more resources than we do by far.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Tijani009: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
[quote author=Cmeo post=124374661]

I concur with you. China's is another good example to prove that huge population is not a problem.[/qu]
After china and usa state anyother country , population is a problem bros
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by AjaoEstater(m): 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
donhils:
I don't believe Nigeria's population is up to 200 million. This is another scam they use to deivert funds directly or indirectly. Everything in Nigeria must have elements of scam in it

Now tell me how can you count animals (non-humans) that does not stay in one place for like 1 second and all look identical? Unless that person is God.

Even Ireland now relies on estimate for census especially during the height of covid because the Irish government always carry out census every 10 years (2016 was special) but before that was 2011 until 2022 which is like 11 years after. Dont say housing count make it also fake because the US have 330 million inhabitants and like 120 million households. Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) have 5 million inhabitants and 900,000 households. Heck China with 1.4 billion inhabitants have like 600 million households- the reasons because they cannot count the census with shared accommodation, holiday homes, military camps, corrections etc. plus people move everytime it human nature.

Only in this country people think everything is fake or so bad and that not right. We need to change that mentality.
Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by Parrot69: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
anungangampu:

All you guys know is quoting statistics that took 30-50yrs to achieve with strong institutions and alot of compromise.
China Invested alot in Education and at least solved alot of issues that mitigate patriotism.
What Nigeria is doing isn't different from what China did in the 60s. But the issue we have here is the opposite of what is happening in China.
Chinese goes to US and comes back to China to startup while Nigeria does thesame and are not willing to return as we don't have a peaceful environment for startup. In most cases the ones trained here are leaving.
We have to solve our issue with patriotism without that Nigeria will keep dreaming.
Even their education sef is useless. Half-baked graduates everywhere. You may be surprised the guy you're quoting may be a graduate with masters. embarassed
Look at these pictures, it's among the major cities in
Northern Nigeria. Take a look at the surrounding, there is one building that is better than all the thousands of houses/homes in this picture. That is exactly one of the problem of Africa and black man.

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by lawani: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
codemaniacs:

Northern Nigeria is not the "food basket" of Nigeria.. Southern Nigeria is the food basket of Nigeria.

How can a place that is filled with desert have and produce more food than a place with fertile soil.

Use your brain.

Nigeria's population is not more than 80 million..

North is not a desert. It is a savannah. They produce 90 percent of tomatoes, pepper, onions and etc that we eat every day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now by wolement: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
tolue42:

The whole country cannot be covered then. only major cities will be counted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Ganduje And His Wife Mock Maryam Shetty / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.