Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,764 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer (1771 Views)

How I Responded To A Fake Job Interview / How To Identify A Fake CV / How Nairaland Helped In Exposing A Fake Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2023
I was preparing my normal jollof cooking for one of my customers fast because I opened late,this my other drink customer jst came in n asked that I should sell drinks for her,d aroma of d food made her say she loved the scent, which i dnt even answer to that till she said do i use bama to eat rice,answered her its for cosslaw,she dnt ask agn cos she dsnt knw wot it is.as i was counting d drinks 4 her she was muttering ah account yen,then i ask are u transferring? She opened her arms dt yes.in my heart dnt want to oblige cos dt time of transfer has gone.but i know her 4 some stupid act,like tellin me to give her drinks on credit seeing i just opened shop,or seeing me just buying d goods from market tellin me on credit,would jst tell her cant u see i jst open shop or newly bought them.so something told me its a lie i gave her,continued with my other works,30 min gone,went back to her to complain dnt see her alert o,she said she's done it,after another 10 min went agn she then showed me through her phone with my account name transaction successfull,some more time jst thought shd go with my atm card since she opreates pos one time, told her to bring out her terminal she was reluctant n said" someone we dont want to buy from before" told her thats good dt after this pls I take God beg una dont come to me again.(shes alws wantg to buy on credit even mayb at d time she sees am tryin to gather money n buy from store,why does she alws want to force credit on me.) So she did after inserting d card it brought declined she hersef said it has not entered.as i went back to my shop jst thought should go back n pack my drinks till i get alert n return them,went back told her took her some min to say should pack them,but as i said or we should involve people into this she just obliged,i packd them out of her freezer,she dnt say anythg.i replaced back to my crates very chilled but sold one out of them dnt mind she was evn tellin me wot about her own empty bottles told her to come n pack them.all i know about her own transfer during d cash crunch time,is that she uses palm pay n alws instant,but this one she no get shinshin.na me she come use brain 4,any transfer that is not done in ones presence shouldnt be taken.i was dazed that she can think of outsmarting me to sell,shes fond of selling by force instead of her husband to wake up to the task they both would agree dt shes my customer am supos to be selling 4 her till she has d cash.biz not by force,do tell her atms she will meet nothing in my shop,would wait till another time of having.they think they are smart,a fellow biz colleague jst came d time i wanted to go n pick d drinks,so after had left came looking 4 me dt am i not buyn eggs agn,she saw me shaking,gave her the gist as she was going back,d fraudster woman also called her to sell 4 her,after she told her she would pay via transfer she said NO,come n see her eyeball red,we 4 shout thief,ole.she gave her cash knowing she was comin frm my shop that have told her.ah pls lets be careful there is fake transfer o
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by DynamicWriter(f): 9:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Who do you expect to read this epistle?

Add paragraphs to your post for God's sake.

Please 🙏

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by CandyOps(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2023
That kind person fit poison u. Sha be careful and stay away from evil people and evil will avoid you
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by Balablue64: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nice one op,
But next time please put spaces and paragraph in your writing, Don't use shortcut short hand abi short form way of typing wey una dey use writing (again) as 'agn'

I love your courage, you see na person na im spoil person, na man do man, bad people everywhere.
You can imagine your regular customer waking up one day and decided to come and cheat you haba, that's why rich people say no friend in business, business is business, money is the king of business.

PEOPLE ARE BAD!!

5 Likes

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by kenniekool(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pls can anyone summarize this epistle ?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by gbame(m): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
DynamicWriter:
Who do you expect to read this epistle?

Add paragraphs to your post for God's sake.

Please 🙏

The writer was preparing jollof rice for a customer when another customer came in to buy drinks. The second customer claimed to have transferred money to the writer's account, but the writer was suspicious because the transfer did not show up in their account. The second customer then tried to use the writer's ATM card to pay, but the card was declined. The writer refused to give the drinks to the second customer until they paid in cash.

The writer's colleague then came into the shop and saw the writer shaking. The colleague was told what had happened, and they both went to the second customer's shop to confront her. The second customer denied trying to scam the writer, but the colleague refused to believe her. The colleague then told the second customer that she would not sell to her anymore.

The writer is warning people to be careful of fake transfers. They say that if a transfer does not show up in your account immediately, it is probably fake. They also say that you should never give someone your ATM card to pay for something.

4 Likes

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Sorry house for d long epistle.
she came today tellin me that i should check my acct dt smthg is wrong with my bank..
I dnt answer her until i finished what i was putting on fire, took my atm agn to her .told her pls d palm pay printed statement is needed,n pls bring out ur terminal agn she then transferd back d money after I told her how much was in d account.
Am suspecting she knows it would be a bad stigma if people hears,after sales yesterday she transferd yesterday d thing declined ow come today its there? Pls its btwn palmpay n fcmb,can anyone with experience of pos transfer shed some light on this?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
gbame:

The writer was preparing jollof rice for a customer when another customer came in to buy drinks. The second customer claimed to have transferred money to the writer's account, but the writer was suspicious because the transfer did not show up in their account. The second customer then tried to use the writer's ATM card to pay, but the card was declined. The writer refused to give the drinks to the second customer until they paid in cash.

The writer's colleague then came into the shop and saw the writer shaking. The colleague was told what had happened, and they both went to the second customer's shop to confront her. The second customer denied trying to scam the writer, but the colleague refused to believe her. The colleague then told the second customer that she would not sell to her anymore.

The writer is warning people to be careful of fake transfers. They say that if a transfer does not show up in your account immediately, it is probably fake. They also say that you should never give someone your ATM card to pay for something.
Thanks as if U were there.help me read up.again.she came back,can say she is smart with the use of pos,transfers n all dt but she knows can never sell to her again
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by olusolaalisha: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
fohlarp:
she came today tellin me that i should check my acct dt smthg is wrong with my bank..
I dnt answer her until i finished what i was putting on fire, took my atm agn to her .told her pls d palm pay printed statement is needed,n pls bring out ur terminal agn she then transferd back d money after I told her how much was in d account.
Am suspecting she knows it would be a bad stigma if people hears,after sales yesterday she transferd yesterday d thing declined ow come today its there? Pls its btwn palmpay n fcmb,can anyone with experience of pos transfer shed some light on this?

dem suppose slap you. Money dey your account come dey accuse your customer
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by Styluss: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
anyone that understands this epistle without a paragraph needs an award.
Like what the Bleep is this?
Learn to write with paragraphs OP

fohlarp:
I was preparing my normal jollof cooking for one of my customers fast because I opened late,this my other drink customer jst came in n asked that I should sell drinks for her,d aroma of d food made her say she loved the scent, which i dnt even answer to that till she said do i use bama to eat rice,answered her its for cosslaw,she dnt ask agn cos she dsnt knw wot it is.as i was counting d drinks 4 her she was muttering ah account yen,then i ask are u transferring? She opened her arms dt yes.in my heart dnt want to oblige cos dt time of transfer has gone.but i know her 4 some stupid act,like tellin me to give her drinks on credit seeing i just opened shop,or seeing me just buying d goods from market tellin me on credit,would jst tell her cant u see i jst open shop or newly bought them.so something told me its a lie i gave her,continued with my other works,30 min gone,went back to her to complain dnt see her alert o,she said she's done it,after another 10 min went agn she then showed me through her phone with my account name transaction successfull,some more time jst thought shd go with my atm card since she opreates pos one time, told her to bring out her terminal she was reluctant n said" someone we dont want to buy from before" told her thats good dt after this pls I take God beg una dont come to me again.(shes alws wantg to buy on credit even mayb at d time she sees am tryin to gather money n buy from store,why does she alws want to force credit on me.) So she did after inserting d card it brought declined she hersef said it has not entered.as i went back to my shop jst thought should go back n pack my drinks till i get alert n return them,went back told her took her some min to say should pack them,but as i said or we should involve people into this she just obliged,i packd them out of her freezer,she dnt say anythg.i replaced back to my crates very chilled but sold one out of them dnt mind she was evn tellin me wot about her own empty bottles told her to come n pack them.all i know about her own transfer during d cash crunch time,is that she uses palm pay n alws instant,but this one she no get shinshin.na me she come use brain 4,any transfer that is not done in ones presence shouldnt be taken.i was dazed that she can think of outsmarting me to sell,shes fond of selling by force instead of her husband to wake up to the task they both would agree dt shes my customer am supos to be selling 4 her till she has d cash.biz not by force,do tell her atms she will meet nothing in my shop,would wait till another time of having.they think they are smart,a fellow biz colleague jst came d time i wanted to go n pick d drinks,so after had left came looking 4 me dt am i not buyn eggs agn,she saw me shaking,gave her the gist as she was going back,d fraudster woman also called her to sell 4 her,after she told her she would pay via transfer she said NO,come n see her eyeball red,we 4 shout thief,ole.she gave her cash knowing she was comin frm my shop that have told her.ah pls lets be careful there is fake transfer o
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Judgement will come this month for unrepentant fraudster..be using hunger as excuse

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by illicit(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pls calm down before you write your stories...
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by blowjohn(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na sagem phone u use type this document?

Abi u get small OCD?

1 Like

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by ruggedtimi(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na Morse code u type?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by DKM123: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
This write-up is excruciating to read

1 Like

Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by kenearth50(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
She was trying to play a fast one on you.

But
★★★
I'll urge you to minimize your abbreviation typing and also you should work on how to use the comma and fullstop.
Inasmuch as I was able to decide most of the message but along the line, I later got lost and when I checked some other comments you've made, I realised that's how you type.

Please find a way to stop abbreviating words 🙏
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
fohlarp:
Ok.

It's Cole slaw not Coss...
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by Iliveforever(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
fohlarp:

Didn’t you go to school?

Can’t you comprehend a statement?

So shameful I’m reading such write up from an adult.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by falcon01: 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
gbame:

oshey ChatGPT
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by falcon01: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
Iliveforever:

Didn’t you go to school?

As you can see from the writeup, the OP is poorly educated. So don't blame them, just smile and leave.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2023
My eyes got lost in his write-up...It's certainly a maze.

Next time, type your thoughts and ideas in paragraphs or sequences.

Nobody has the patience to read long and muddled experiences even though it's interesting.

Cheers!
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
Iliveforever:

Didn’t you go to school?

So pls am a busy person n disturbd shd understand dnt really have d time n patience.if u dnt undstd pass abeg dos dt wld do.oshe
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
kenearth50:
She was trying to play a fast one on you.

But
★★★
I'll urge you to minimize your abbreviation typing and also you should work on how to use the comma and fullstop.
Inasmuch as I was able to decide most of the message but along the line, I later got lost and when I checked some other comments you've made, I realised that's how you type.

Please find a way to stop abbreviating words 🙏
Thx she later transferd to redeem her image,i guess.she went to someone nearby/ customer that she shd talk to me.dt one accused me of packg my stuffs out of her freezer.

i told her she made a statement dt "somebody we dnt want to buy from before" afta goin back to my shop jst rememberd dt, n using her own terminal seeing declined. D woman said, she said so? said yes, she said she went far.shes close to me am supose to chil 4 her,but wth d statement just decided.

After she transferd succesfuly back to her acct she smiled at me which i dnt respond to.today she was smilg afar off was jst looking at her,her son passed with bag of bottles thinkn would call him na so i dey luk dem.

D woman she reported to told her tell your financial level,are u unable at d moment to raise money cos as she is she has being owing me 4 weeks n no rancour.n dis one is a new customer
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
olusolaalisha:

dem suppose slap you. Money dey your account come dey accuse your customer
she used her own terminal to check with my own atm,was declined 96%, she hersef said nothing was there.
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
falcon01:
As you can see from the writeup, the OP is poorly educated. So don't blame them, just smile and leave.
Thanks 4 being stupid to decode
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Ok.

It's Cole slaw not Coss...

wen typing atimes some letters dont fall,so o o
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by falcon01: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
fohlarp:
Thanks 4 being stupid to decode
I had to, How else can your intelligence be explained?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
It shows ur IQ level is very low
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2023
fohlarp:

wen typing atimes some letters dont fall,so o o
Rather than take correction, you are making excuses for an obvious ignorance. Lol
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by scutches(m): 3:57am On Jul 15, 2023
Shit!
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by fohlarp: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Rather than take correction, you are making excuses for an obvious ignorance. Lol
pls ur business?
Re: How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2023
fohlarp:
pls ur business?
You should have resisted the urge to shalaye since it's not my business. grin

(1) (Reply)

New Book On Job Opportunities Is Out! / Have These Numbers Called You? / Access Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.