Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? (286 Views)

Nigeria - Why Doonald Trummp Is Not A Racist Or White Supremacist / Racist Or True Nigerians Obsession With Money And Vanities / Che Guevera: Racist Or Realist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by AntiZikist: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2023
First time I watched the BBC interview granted by the late Sardunna , Sir Ahmadu Bello, I was fooled to see him as a bigot and racists. This was because I stumbled upon that interview after being brain washed to see Ibos as hapless victims of the north.

I was wrong.

The Sarduna's words ring through today and confirms what I have come to see as the real Ibo .

The Sarduna did not believe in one Nigeria per se but was ready to accept the regional agreement that promoted autonomy of the federating units above that of the central govt in Lagos.

I watched that video recently and all what he said was the truth and rings through even more in our current state.

2 Likes

Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by EtinosaDLaw(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2023
AntiZikist:
First time I watched the BBC interview granted by the late Sardunna , Sir Ahmadu Bello, I was fooled to see him as a bigot and racists. This was because I stumbled upon that interview after being brain washed to see Ibos as hapless victims of the north.

I was wrong.

The Sarduna's words ring through today and confirms what I have come to see as the real Ibo .

The Sarduna did not believe in one Nigeria per se but was ready to accept the regional agreement that promoted autonomy of the federating units above that of the central govt in Lagos.

I watched that video recently and all what he said was the truth and rings through even more in our current state.

Guy go and get busy with your life, your children won't accept "ibo" as your excuse for failing.

6 Likes

Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by Phoen1X: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2023
I always glance at the meth induced worn out faces of people whose leaders of years past erronusely thought that killing igbos would help them fare better,...and this foolish OP always come flashing on my mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by AntiZikist: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Phoen1X:
I always glance at the meth induced worn out faces of people whose leaders of years past erronusely thought that killing igbos would help them fare better,...and this foolish OP always come flashing on my mind.

Nobody is killing Igbos

We will leave that task to you guys to cull yourselves .
Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by Christistruth03: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1949-nnamdi-azikiwe-address-ibo-people/

"It would appear that God has specially created the Ibo people to suffer persecution and be victimized because of their resolute will to live. Since suffering is the label of our tribe, we can afford to be sacrificed for the ultimate redemption of the children of Africa. Is it not fortunate that the Ibo are among the few remnants of indigenous African nat ions who are still not spoliated by the artificial niceties of Western materialism? Is it not historically significant that throughout the glorious history of Africa, the Ibo is one of the select few to have escaped the humiliation of a conqueror’s sword or to be a victim of a Carthaginian treaty? Search through the records of African history and you will fail to find an occasion when, in any pitched battle, any African nation has either marched across Ibo territory or subjected the Ibo nation to a humiliating conquest. Instead, there is record to show that the martial prowess of the Ibo, at all stages of human history, has rivaled them not only to survive persecution, but also to adapt themselves to the role thus thrust upon them by history, of preserving all that is best and most noble in African culture and tradition. Placed in this high estate, the Ibo cannot shirk the responsibility conferred on it by its manifest destiny. Having undergone a course of suffering the Ibo must therefore enter into its heritage by asserting its birthright, without apologies "

Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by Phoen1X: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
AntiZikist:

Nobody is killing Igbos

We will leave that task to you guys to cull yourselves .

And i have sworn to make "colos" available and also cheap to every male or female in that little sw corner i control...
Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by Rolings: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Christistruth03:
https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1949-nnamdi-azikiwe-address-ibo-people/

"It would appear that God has specially created the Ibo people to suffer persecution and be victimized because of their resolute will to live. Since suffering is the label of our tribe, we can afford to be sacrificed for the ultimate redemption of the children of Africa. Is it not fortunate that the Ibo are among the few remnants of indigenous African nat ions who are still not spoliated by the artificial niceties of Western materialism? Is it not historically significant that throughout the glorious history of Africa, the Ibo is one of the select few to have escaped the humiliation of a conqueror’s sword or to be a victim of a Carthaginian treaty? Search through the records of African history and you will fail to find an occasion when, in any pitched battle, any African nation has either marched across Ibo territory or subjected the Ibo nation to a humiliating conquest. Instead, there is record to show that the martial prowess of the Ibo, at all stages of human history, has rivaled them not only to survive persecution, but also to adapt themselves to the role thus thrust upon them by history, of preserving all that is best and most noble in African culture and tradition. Placed in this high estate, the Ibo cannot shirk the responsibility conferred on it by its manifest destiny. Having undergone a course of suffering the Ibo must therefore enter into its heritage by asserting its birthright, without apologies "

Play the victim to those who don't know history

Did the rest of Nigeria just begin to hate igbos without reason?

As long as you keep grandstanding and beleiev you did right
Other Nigerians have no choice than to also think they did right and are doing right.
Re: Sardunna : Racist Or Pragmatist? by Christistruth03: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Rolings:

Play the victim to those who don't know history

Did the rest of Nigeria just begin to hate igbos without reason?

As long as you keep grandstanding and beleiev you did right
Other Nigerians have no choice than to also think they did right and are doing right.

"but also to adapt themselves to the role thus thrust upon them by history, of preserving all that is best and most noble in African culture and tradition""
----Azikiwe 1949

(The Missionaries were still in the thick of Wrestling to deliver his People from Cannibalism and in 1963 a law had to be made in his Region banning People from going to the Market naked )

Nigerians don't hate anyone

(1) (Reply)

Crisis Rocks Kogi PDP As Youths Want Melaye's Walk In Kabba Suspended / 'distribute Free Condoms To Nigerians' - Former PDP Senator Tells Tinubu / Atiku Exposed Tinubu Certificate Scandals The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.