Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language (2935 Views)

"The Language Is Now Clear For Everyone To Understand" - Bashir Ahmad / El-rufai Returns To Nigeria After Widespread Rumours Of Being Dead. Pictures / Fresh MC Oluomo Returns Back To Nigeria After Vacation In The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
misano:

So, Ifa religion is bigger than Egyptians? đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚
Yeah it is. More people practice ifa. What is Egyptians lmao? They all speak Arabic and are Muslims
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by misano(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

Yeah it is. More people practice ifa. What is Egyptians lmao? They all speak Arabic and are Muslims

I have no business with religion. Tell me how Yoruba is bigger than Africa. The Egyptian population is 3 times Yoruba nation so explain to me how a tribe will be bigger than the continent.
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
misano:

I have no business with religion. Tell me how Yoruba is bigger than Africa. The Egyptian population is 3 times Yoruba nation so explain to me how a tribe will be bigger than the continent.
The point is that the religion and language has been extended to the Americas. It has presence in Brazil Cuba Trinidad and Colombia. The bigger than Africa documentary was about IFA and it’s extension outside Africa
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by DesChyko: 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
optionalY09:

Yes the igbos are refugee in Lagos because their place is in-habitable because of violent crimes most of them take refuge in lagos

But the last recorded crime statistics in Nigeria does not agree with your assumptions. In contrast, Lagos actually experience more crime at least 4 times more than any other state in Nigeria.

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by misano(m): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

The point is that the religion and language has been extended to the Americas. It has presence in Brazil Cuba Trinidad and Colombia. The bigger than Africa documentary was about IFA and it’s extension outside Africa

The title is just a very catchy and interesting title that should not be taken as fact. Good Night.
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by yetunsbay(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

Point of correction, Igbos are not refeguess in Lagos because I have never seen where refeguess are living in a good house while the owner of the so called land is managing tent.. Check the percentage of people living in a good house in Lagos compare it with your kinsmen that dominated huts in Mushin, agege and inapaja grin

Keep deceiving yourself...Meanwhile @ your post........

Is it not because of refusals of Igbos in Lagos to blend with you in culture and langue that is causing problem in Lagos ?

You hardly see Igbos speak Yoruba in Lagos except few Igbos that are in Yoruba dominated areas, that why you hardly see anybody speaking English language in places like Agoor, Ajao Estate, Festac, Isolo, Amuwo Odofin, Aulado, Ejigbo some parts of Sululere, In fact Yoruba language is going into extinction in Oshodi/Isolo areas. ...,people in these areas communicate with Igbos more than even English language as if they are in the east and Yoruba language is almost into extinction in the aforementioned places.. They communicate with Igbos in the market and other places..

This is why your people are bitter towards Igbos and started feeling insecure and dominated because they refused to mix with you.. Places like Leekki and and some parts of island that is dominated by Igbos communicate in English there for obvious reason including some few yorubas there..

Igbos are not minority tribe that will easily bled due to environmental factor.. They must stick to their culture and belief no matter what.. Any Ibo speaking Yoruba is a thing of choice, not conditional.. Learn how to travel to learn some things and quit lies..

U can lie for Africa
this guy is really in pain......damn

2 Likes

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
misano:

The title is just a very catchy and interesting title that should not be taken as fact. Good Night.
Okay mr jealous
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Tukpa8: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yoruba is the most spoken language....it difficult to see anyone in the ss,,,se,,,sw that cannot speak yoruba

In the south,,, majority of Ibos speak yoruba.
Ijaws speak Yoruba.
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Tukpa8: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beremx:
Oga Lateef which kind lie be this na? Yoruba mostly spoken in SS? Who told you Igbo people who have lived in Lagos speak Yoruba in the SE? I speak Yoruba fluently but I have never spoken it outside Lagos. Who do I need to communicate Yoruba language in my state of Imo?
Fear God o!
I am Ijaw, I can speak yoruba as well..
Apart from english and pidgin,,, Yoruba is the 2nd most speaking language in ss after Ijaw
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Tukpa8: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

That guy is very daft.. There is a reason why I don't want to reply him.. I don't even know where to start curing his ignorance.. He even said I am from South East, meaning that every Ibo man on nairaland is SE..

Apart from Five Yoruba states, others speak mixed language...
Core 5 Ibos State communicate with Igbo alone.. while SS communicate with pidgin language and Ibo in some cases

One clown said that all Igbos in Lagos speak Yoruba.. grin grin
that's a big lie.....it hard to find anyone in the ss that cannot speak yoruba..
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Advocate1810(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

How many states speak Yoruba ?

Just five, Lagos is mixed
They speak Yoruba in edo, delta, kwara, and kogi

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 13, 2023
misano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1C1ok5LB9Y
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Obiedun(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2023
misano:

So Akoko Edo speak Yoruba?đŸ˜‚
They have different languages but some speak Yoruba and bear Yoruba names
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by wolesmile(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2023
Ezeama400:

How many states speak Yoruba ?

Just five, Lagos is mixed
it is not about the number of states. It's about population, areas covered. Remember there are yorubas in kogi amd kwara too. Tell me what is mixed about lagos? Even other tribes in lagos now speak yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Protest, Tore His Clothe, Weep Inside Court / Jonathan Withdraws Two Ministerial Nominees / Us Has ‘strategic Interest’ In Nigeria’s Power Sector – Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.