Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language (2936 Views)

"The Language Is Now Clear For Everyone To Understand" - Bashir Ahmad / El-rufai Returns To Nigeria After Widespread Rumours Of Being Dead. Pictures / Fresh MC Oluomo Returns Back To Nigeria After Vacation In The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2023
After English language and pidgin language, what Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria and states where they are spoken ?

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2023
At the topic, the most spoken language in Southern Nigeria is pidgin language, spoken by majority of southerners, then English langue then followed by Igbo language spoken in 7 states and beyond, then Yoruba llanguage spoken in five core Yoruba states.

I created this thread in reaction to those that think they can catch up with Igbos in language spread by adopting their local language in Alausa..

This is one of the reason that gave rise to mid West agitation in 60's where they exhibited their bigotry with archaic and ridiculous law

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ikaeniyan0: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Broken English, Yoruba and Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Broken English, Yoruba and Igbo.

How many states speak Yoruba ?

Just five, Lagos is mixed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by attackgat: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:
After English language, what Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria and states where they are spoken ?

Broken English

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by inoki247: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2023
Pidgin or Speaking in Tongues shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2023
Fulani

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by OVB123: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Pidgin english.

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by SwissMass: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

Even millions of igbo and other tribe refuge in Lagos and south west are now speaking Yoruba

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by ratiani6: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Yoruba

8 Likes

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 10:52am On Jul 12, 2023
SwissMass:
Even millions of igbo and other tribe refuge in Lagos and south west are now speaking Yoruba

Point of correction, Igbos are not refeguess in Lagos because I have never seen where refeguess are living in a good house while the owner of the so called land is managing tents..

Check the percentage of people living in a good house in Lagos compare it with your kinsmen that dominated huts in Mushin, agege and iyanipaja grin

Keep deceiving yourself...Meanwhile @ your post........

Is it not because of refusals of Igbos in Lagos to blend with you in culture and langue that is causing problem in Lagos ?

You hardly see Igbos speak Yoruba in Lagos except few Igbos that are in Yoruba dominated areas, that why you hardly see anybody speaking English language in places like Agoor, Ajao Estate, Festac, Isolo, Amuwo Odofin, Abulado, Ejigbo some parts of Sululere, In fact Yoruba language is going into extinction in Oshodi/Isolo areas. ...,people in these areas communicate with Igbos more than even English language as if they are in the east, and Yoruba language is almost into extinction in the aforementioned places.. They communicate with Igbos in the market and other places..

This is why your people are bitter towards Igbos, at a point SW people started feeling insecured and dominated because Ibos refused to mix with you.. Places like Leekki and and some parts of island that is dominated by Igbos communicate in English for obvious reason including some few yorubas in those axis as well..

Igbos are not minority tribe that will easily bled due to environmental factor.. They must stick to their culture and belief no matter what.. Any Ibo man you see speaking Yoruba is a thing of choice, not conditional.. Learn how to travel to learn some things and quit lies..

U can lie for Africa

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by illicit(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

Keep deceiving yourself... Is it not because of recusal of Igbos to blend with you people in culture and langue is causing problem..

Just dey play

With this post

It's obvious you opened this thread with sinister motives at the back of ur brain

This is not an intellectual thread

It is very efulefucious

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Fulani

undecided
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by olisaEze(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2023
Tongues! tongue
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by drlateef: 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

At the topic the most spoken language in Southern Nigeria is pidgin language, spoken by majority of southerners,English langue then followed by Igbo language spoken in 7 states and beyond, then Yoruba llanguage spoken in six states.

I created this thread in reaction to those that think they can catch up with Igbos in language spread by adopting their local language in Alausa..

This is one of the reason that gave rise to mid West agitation in 60's where they exhibited their bigotry with archaic and ridiculous law

You are the bigoted one lout!!! Yoruba is mostly dpoken in the west, middle belt and south south - Edo, Delta. Even in southeast many igbos speak yoruba as evidence of having lived in Lagos. Igbo is a language threatened by extinction.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by helinues: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pidgin of course
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Hisbah(f): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
Pidgin of course
Hi, I'm Aisha from Abuja. I work with the ministry of finance. Someone recommended you to our office saying you desperately need a job. What's your qualifications to begin with?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Beremx(f): 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
drlateef:

You are the bigoted one lout!!! Yoruba is mostly dpoken in the west, middle belt and south south - Edo, Delta. Even in southeast many igbos speak yoruba as evidence of having lived in Lagos. Igbo is a language threatened by extinction.
Oga Lateef which kind lie be this na? Yoruba mostly spoken in SS? Who told you Igbo people who have lived in Lagos speak Yoruba in the SE? I speak Yoruba fluently but I have never spoken it outside Lagos. Who do I need to communicate Yoruba language in my state of Imo?
Fear God o!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Ezeama400: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beremx:
Oga Lateef which kind lie be this na? Yoruba mostly spoken in SS? Who told you Igbo people who have lived in Lagos speak Yoruba in the SE? I speak Yoruba fluently but I have never spoken it outside Lagos. Who do I need to communicate Yoruba language in my state of Imo?
Fear God o!

That guy is very daft.. There is a reason why I don't want to reply him.. I don't even know where to start curing his ignorance.. He even said I am from South East, meaning that every Ibo man on nairaland is SE..

Apart from Five Yoruba states, others speak mixed language...
Core 5 Ibos State communicate with Igbo alone.. while SS communicate with pidgin language and Ibo in some cases

One clown said that all Igbos in Lagos speak Yoruba.. grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by drlateef: 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beremx:
Fear God o!

The itshekiri and Urhobo have yoruba origin, same with Benin and Ijaws living in these areas. I have seen igbo speaking yoruba in the east to deceive other igbos who have not gone to southwest before.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by LegendHero(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beremx:
Fear God o!

How do you now proof to them that you’ve been to Lagos?

In another news, Yoruba is a language that is bigger than Africa. Even in Nigeria, you have Yoruba speakers in Kwara, Kogi, and Niger who run into several millions.

In Africa, you have countries that speak Yoruba. In South America, you have countries that speak Yoruba, and etc.

Igbo should go and compete with Ijaws. Yoruba language is bigger than Africa.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by MisterBanny(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
LegendHero:

How do you now proof to them that you’ve been to Lagos?

Legend Hero.... Happy Wednesday. Abeg show me love. This country hard. To be alive is expensive in this time.
Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by LegendHero(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
MisterBanny:

Legend Hero.... Happy Wednesday. Abeg show me love. This country hard. To be alive is expensive in this time.

How I fit send am without my name showing?

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by ODUBEZE: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
If only language can solve the problems in Nigeria undecided

Our dynamic languages use to be our strength in the past but now...

I don't hear the french or other language speaking countries ask these questions

They make rooms to accommodate you no matter who you are or where you are from

Many of them do not have half of the resources we have in this country and they cater properly for their citizens and non citizens

They always thinks of ways forward through forward thinking conversations

But here, we keep allowing minions to divide us along the religious, politics and ethnic lines

It is well!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by LegendHero(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

At the topic the most spoken language in Southern Nigeria is pidgin language, spoken by majority of southerners,English langue then followed by Igbo language spoken in 7 states and beyond, then Yoruba llanguage spoken in six states.

You created a thread to lament about Yoruba people trying to promote their language in their state? Who do you Ibo people like this?

Below is Igbo language made compulsory for student in your own land. Even tho that school is a federal school, how many Yoruba have you seen opening senseless thread to wail?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Sharpsharp00123: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ezeama400:

Just five, Lagos is mixed
u don enter kogi before, I guess u don’t know they also speak Yoruba well well in d Jos not to even talk about some parts of edo just to mention a few

3 Likes

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by EcoNews: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Every foolish Igbo now as opinion about others on NL while multitude of their kinsmen remain jobless on NL.

Hisbah:
Hi, I'm Aisha from Abuja. I work with the ministry of finance. Someone recommended you to our office saying you desperately need a job. What's your qualifications to begin with?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Sharpsharp00123: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hisbah:
u igbos should rest now

Even if this guy dey pepper u well calm down

Emeka forming aisha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Opolopoopolonio: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
More Igbos speak Yoruba than Yorubas speak Igbo.

In fact, Yorubas who can speak Igbo without any form Igbo ancestry are almost neglible.

All hail piiiggs... cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
ODUBEZE:
If only language can solve the problems in Nigeria undecided

Our dynamic languages use to be our strength in the past but now...

I don't hear the french or other language speaking countries ask these questions

They make rooms to accommodate you no matter who you are or where you are from

Many of them do not have half of the resources we have in this country and they cater properly for their citizens and non citizens

They always thinks of ways forward through forward thinking conversations

But here, we keep allowing minions to divide us along the religious, politics and ethnic lines

It is well!!!

Preach to your fellow clansman that created this thread. You people think about yoruba all day, no wonder you have to forge results and NYSC certificates to gain employment. Too much fugazi activities coming out of your region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language by ODUBEZE: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jagungidi:

Preach to your fellow clansman that created this thread. You people think about yoruba all day, no wonder you have to forge results and NYSC certificates to gain employment. Too much fugazi activities coming out of your region.
You are one of the people in dire need of this preaching

You are exactly what you preach against

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Death Penalty For Kidnappers - 36 Govs Advocate / Boko Haram Burns Residences Of Speaker Of Yobe State House Of Assembly / FG To Spend N1.5bn On Zik’s Mausoleum In Onitsha- Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.