Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing (105765 Views)

Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster / Marvelous Barinaadaa Sent Out Of School For Wrapping Her Book With Obi's Poster / The 9th Senate: Full List Of Newly Elected Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by Xiaohei(m): 1:02am On Jul 13, 2023
A dress shirt would have been better. However sending the lawmaker out of the chamber because of his casual attire was an overkill! We too like show off for this country. Place those lawmakers on minimum wage and watch the wankers turn up for work looking like agberos!

1 Like

Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by XAUBulls: 1:25am On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by lexy2014: 2:34am On Jul 13, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/news-extra-newly-elected-rep-sent-out-of-chamber-for-improper-dressingdrama-as-reps-send-out-member-for-improper-dressing/

As soon as the Speaker’s attention was drawn to the member’s improper dressing, the lawmaker in question was forced out of the chamber.

From the pictures, I don't see how force was used except the meaning of the word has changed.

From the pictures, that isnt the floor of Nigerias house of representatives.

Also, that isn't the floor of any legislative chambers in Nigeria. That seems more like a lecture theatre in an organization or a school.

The picture is grossly misleading and am certain that d story is a lie
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by lexy2014: 2:36am On Jul 13, 2023
Jman06:
The rep was wrong to have dressed in that manner. You don't dress like a motor park tout in the gathering of honourable members of the house.

This is why it is important to always elect well educated people into such positions. The difference is always clear.

It is very easy to deceive u folks with a simple headline or story. What makes u think d story is true or that the man in question is a lawmaker?
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by lexy2014: 2:38am On Jul 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
This is strange. Was he not aware of the dress code?
Even if, there is just no excuse.

This is strange. Does that picture look like the picture of the chambers of Nigerias house of representatives? There is no excuse for allowing yourself to believe such a made up story
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by vengertime: 3:11am On Jul 13, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Fixed.

You are elected to represent a constituency and you show up to the highest venue of debate in a T-shirt.

Maybe your three quarter wearing elders dress like this every meeting day but this is not how things are done at the echelon venue of national debate.

Go and tell that to your grandmother
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by Naijanascam: 4:16am On Jul 13, 2023
Why more of Empty seats?....... besides his dressing is normal... enough of all these their babanriga and up and down things
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by flokii: 4:37am On Jul 13, 2023
If you check well, he is from EluuP.. He should get a good tailor and sew nice native designs with better cap.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by DatNiggaDaz: 4:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Ademola47:
I think they were being petite. What's more important is what he can contribute to the intellectual discourse to move the nation forward and quality representation of his constituents. His dressing is just his way of life.

He might not like to wear Agbada or suit like his colleagues.
Apt
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by flokii: 4:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Naijanascam:
Why more of Empty seats?....... besides his dressing is normal... enough of all these their babanriga and up and down things

No it's not..
It's either corporate (suit with tie) or native with cap.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by TheOmoney(m): 5:54am On Jul 13, 2023
Ademola47:
I think they were being petite. What's more important is what he can contribute to the intellectual discourse to move the nation forward and quality representation of his constituents. His dressing is just his way of life.

He might not like to wear Agbada or suit like his colleagues.

You're right....but not correct
Induction and Orientation was done.

Do you know how much is his wardrobe allowance?

RULES ARE RULES for a reason...let him getat
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:54am On Jul 13, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by 7arrows: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2023
nnamdi640:
Instead of them to debate on how to make the country better, rather they were busy checking who dress well and who didn't dress well as if that will solve the problem of this country. Unserious set of criminals parading themselves as politicians.

Don't mind them. That's how some of them decided to ban students from driving cars on campus simple because they felt intimidated. Is that the matter they should be talking about.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by Jman06(m): 6:16am On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

It is very easy to deceive u folks with a simple headline or story. What makes u think d story is true or that the man in question is a lawmaker?
I read the story here and also in punch. A point of order was raised by another honourable member (Hon. Billy) who must have known the man before raising a point of order.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by Decarbonisation: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2023
Wetin them dey do there sef wey warrant proper dressing?

Useless bunch of thieves!
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by kafeii123: 6:23am On Jul 13, 2023
Can't say much about this
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by enomakos(m): 6:25am On Jul 13, 2023
Hmm
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by viczeni: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2023
He's New na.
Must be LP grin
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by Coolgent(m): 7:10am On Jul 13, 2023
Rechargeam247:
Lol, must he wear buba and Sokoto
See your hand like Buba
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by MIM77(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2023
[/s][s]
Enskynelson:
Where is the picture of the improperly dressed person?
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by IfnobeGod20: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Fixed.

You are elected to represent a constituency and you show up to the highest venue of debate in a T-shirt.

Maybe your three quarter wearing elders dress like this every meeting day but this is not how things are done at the echelon venue of national debate.
Mr. Man, is T-shirt rag? We attach too much importance to unnecessary thing. We patterned ourselves to trivia issue than the real substance. What someone like me will detest is wearing tattered and rag to the hallowed chamber. Clothe wearing is all about comfortability and not for show or beauty parade.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by bewla(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2023
money121:
Maybe dem never pay his Wardrobe Allowance

AWON OJELU grin grin
And none of you see the empty sits
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by AuschwitzPrefec: 7:26am On Jul 13, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, is T-shirt rag? We attach too much importance to unnecessary thing. We patterned ourselves to trivia issue than the real substance. What someone like me will detest is wearing tattered and rag to the hallowed chamber. Clothe wearing is all about comfortability and not for show or beauty parade.

Shut up.

There are rules guiding proceedings and one if them is a dress code.

It is a formal event and not your typical newspaper debate arena

It also shows total disrespect to both the house proceedings and other members .
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by IfnobeGod20: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Shut up.

There are rules guiding proceedings and one if them is a dress code.

It is a formal event and not your typical newspaper debate arena

It also shows total disrespect to both the house proceedings and other members .
See you, you forgot that Nairaland also have rules, that throwing abuse up and down is a breached to one of the rules. Typical of Nigerians to debase someone for doing supposedly wrong thing but later find yourself doing same impeccable thing.
The question is, what makes t-shirt and jeans unofficial and who classified it to be so? So far you don't wear rags or tore clothes and you put on what will give you comfortability you're wearing official dress to me.
With all our adorned suit and babariga, how far has the nation fair, else they used their supposedly official wear to stock and stuff our common patrimony and leave the large population into penury and the nation as poverty capital.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by viczeni: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2023
grin
LP undecided
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by viczeni: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2023
grin
LP undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by AuschwitzPrefec: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

See you, you forgot that Nairaland also have rules, that throwing abuse up and down is a breached to one of the rules. Typical of Nigerians to debase someone for doing supposedly wrong thing but later find yourself doing same impeccable thing.
The question is, what makes t-shirt and jeans unofficial and who classified it to be so? So far you don't wear rags or tore clothes and you put on what will give you comfortability l, you're wearing official clothing to me.

I know you are an Okoro and that legislator is one of your newly elected Okoro LP rep.

The rules are there.

He should avail himself with the house rules before he disgraces you idiots further .

For Christ sake this stupid rep obviously does not have a single clue on how proceedings are conducted .

Another bench Warner that is only in the NASS for his own selfish interests.

To my understanding, this is the second Okoro that has been chased out from the chamber.
The last one side a three quarter combat short and a T-Shirt to proceedings.

Common descent home training would have made the Okoro know that you dress as the way you want to be addressed.

Decorum is one of many traits missing in you inbred imbes.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by sameks08(m): 7:56am On Jul 13, 2023
Just to deny him seating allowance### sence wount kill me
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by MuslimIgbo: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2023
pquaver:
. You are stupid if u dont understand the topic.. You said is he there for modeling.. I ask if his dressing is not important and in the house we have more important things than his dressing.. So should in be in school.. The most important thing is passing information and knowledge to a student in a school not hijabs... Your hypocrisy will kill you... Let u brains work...
You're the senseless nitwit.
Someone dresses casually to the office, where he's required to sit and talk and his dressing became a problem and you don't see any problem with that. How daft can you be?
You even went far to bringing religion and Islam to it as a mo run that you are.
Get a life ho low ree buu ruu kuu.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by IfnobeGod20: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

I know you are an Okoro and that legislator is one of your newly elected Okoro LP rep.

The rules are there.

He should avail himself with the house rules before he disgraces you idiots further .

For Christ sake this stupid rep obviously does not have a single clue on how proceedings are conducted .

Another bench Warner that is only in the NASS for his own selfish interests.

To my understanding, this is the second Okoro that has been chased out from the chamber.
The last one side a three quarter combat short and a T-Shirt to proceedings.

Common descent home training would have made the Okoro know that you dress as the way you want to be addressed.

Decorum is one of many traits missing in you inbred imbes.
For the umpteenth time, I would not mind pressing the report button if you continue using vulgar words and you refused abiding with the rules of nairaland. Can't you be civil in discourse, why must you take pleasure at throwing tantrum in making submission? Same you will be abusing obidients that they abuse people but you do the worse.

Sorry, not everybody that makes contrary submission on critical issue is Igbo. You have to heal yourself of stereotyping people or tribe. Come to think of it, what is the correlation between my submission and the tribe I belong? You need to heal yourself of this bitterness of making fight with imaginary enemy. Just to burst your bubbles, I am not even Igbo but full blooded Yoruba man. Your classification is error full.

Meanwhile, is it not going to be better if you can post the house rule on what to wear and what not to wear than making blanket assumption. I would want to see where it is stated that wearing of jeans and t-shirt is not allowed during proceeding. This will go along way to make more sense than throwing abuses at people with contrary view.
Re: Newly Elected Rep Sent Out Of Chamber For Improper Dressing by successmatters(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
flokii:
If you check well, he is from EluuP.. He should get a good tailor and sew nice native designs with better cap.

This guys entire thinking capacity cannot pass Elupee matters. It cannot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.