Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! (1510 Views)

Poll: Would you leave your comfort zone in US, Canada, UK, Asia, etc to fight a war in Nigeria?

Yes, I was born and lived in Nigeria: 62% (5 votes)
Yes, I have Nigerian roots only but born outside Nigeria: 12% (1 vote)
No, i will rather support from here!: 12% (1 vote)
I am not sure!: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Fighting Breaks Out At Abuja IDP Camp / Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Ethnic Violence Breaks Out In Central Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by CyberG: 6:15am On Nov 10, 2011
In recent times, "war" and "violence" have been two of the most commonly used word on NL lately and for a while. I would like the NLander to pause and think, what will you do when these words become reality in Nigeria? Most of NL's ardent posters and most uncompromising in rhetoric, stance and ungraceful in debates don't actually live in Nigeria or experience daily life in Nigeria. This got me thinking: if the WAR you have talked about so much were to happen today, what would you do? Would you quit your work or education and comfortable life in US, Canada, UK, Asia, etc and relocate to your town to pick up arms and fight to the death? Or, you plan to stay in your cozy apartment, go and make some money and tell them at home you would be sending them money while they perish in the war and hatred you helped to grow? Even if you wanted to return home, would your parents and siblings advise it or would there be a functioning airport or airspace or admission at ports of entry if you came in through a neighbouring country?

Please give a honest opinion! Have in mind that:
1. If you don't have legal rights to live where you are, you probably won't leave as you may not be able to return, should you survive the war!
2. If you recently moved abroad to start school, you are still far away from getting residence permit and no guarantees on being able to return
3. Most with foreign citizenship by birth know virtually nothing about Naija survival and are easy pickings in all out war situation in Nigeria
4. The most eligible are legal residents / naturalized citizens born in Nigeria, know the terrain, languages (pidgin) and can survive are the most "ideal" candidates.

So tell NL on if you will put your life to defend the hatred you have helped to create. Pls, keep discussion civil and we can get somewhere!
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by Bornagain190: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2011
U dont need to physically fight b4 u take sides in a war, u could send in cash and arms wherever u are. However lets empower d judiciary to fight coruption and we wont need to go d path of war.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by asha80(m): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2011
Bornagain 190:

U dont need to physically fight b4 u take sides in a war, u could send in cash and arms wherever u are. However lets empower d judiciary to fight coruption and we wont need to go d path of war.

you must be having a laugh
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by BootyOnMe: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2011
Not so fast! cheesy
The question is: What are you fighting for? Who is the enemy?
Answer: NOTHING/NONE!

I can only fight for Nigeria if others invade Nigeria.
Fighting amongst Nigerians means only one thing.
We have sell-outs in our midst.
Useless sacrifice!
May history not repeat itself. Amen.
Till then, na siddon look I dey do.
The affairs of Nigeria and Nigerians have absolutely no bearing on my life.
Thank MY GOD! cool

In refused to be used by ethnicist to forster any political/diabolic agenda.

To each his or her own! kiss

Btw, please. . . .add a 5th poll option.

NO! IN OR OUT OF NIGERIA. . . . .NOT INTERESTED IN BIAFRA REVISITED! kiss
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by nku5: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2011
@op - good points you raised. At times I'm shocked to read some of the inflammatory statements made here calling for violence and even war Then I'm horrified that the ppl calling for death and violence are safely abroad, hoping to watch it all on cnn. To be honest those ppl scare me. Its the worst type of charact
er that thinks he/she can afford a conflict to "take car
e" of
so
me other ethnic group are beyond evil.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by nku5: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2011
Na wa for these smart phones sha. Anyway made my point
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 10, 2011
No, I'd rather support from here. Nigeria is N.O.T worth it. That support sef na just watch me watch you.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by Johndoe100(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2011
i am surprised that you or anyone takes the kids callingf for violence here seriously. At the first sign of danger all of them without exception will wee in their pants. Most of them enjoy the herd mentality they find on this board. They are not to be taken as being representative of real people.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by Amujale(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Not so fast! cheesy

I can only fight for Nigeria if others invade Nigeria.
Fighting amongst Nigerians means only one thing.
We have sell-outs in our midst.
Useless sacrifice!
May history not repeat itself. Amen.
Till then, na siddon look I dey do.
The affairs of Nigeria and Nigerians have absolutely no bearing on my life.
Thank MY GOD! cool

In refused to be used by ethnicist to forster any political/diabolic agenda.

To each his or her own! kiss

Btw, please. . . .add a 5th poll option.

NO! IN OR OUT OF NIGERIA. . . . .NOT INTERESTED IN BIAFRA REVISITED! kiss

If the fight is a genuine uprising against corruption and mismanagement and all legal avenues have been exhausted believe you me will be on the first available . . .
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by jaso1(m): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2011
@ poster,
Stop been pacifist! are you claiming innocent of corruption and nepotism taking place in the nation? the subsidy rampaging all the media has never occur to you as demon policy to impoverish and starve Nigerians to death which is worst than war. have you ever witness where greed leave power without blood shell? Perhaps Gadafi scene can repair some weaken vain in the brain. If they fear God do you think they will continue damaging the country with inhuman policies dominating as their priority? If you are benefiting from the routine situation of the country which you will prefer to continue without been checked I think you’re working on greed’s strategy to continue maltreating our people, religious bigotry that has colluded to ruin the country and your ilk will never survive by that time. These people deliberately collapsed rail system, our federal roads are dead trap where people die day by day in the process of surviving their daily means, Our refineries were collapsed for their selfish interest. What else do you think will solve and propel this country in a right direction? Tell everybody here in NL.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by ektbear: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
Interesting question.

I love my country of residence, but I love my homeland and its people more.

So definitely if the worst comes to worst, I'd help in any way possible. I think my talents would best be used on the technical side. . .but I'd be willing to do whatever my people need me to do.

Perhaps it is just youth, naivety and romanticism speaking, but I don't think dying to serve the cause of your people is the worst way to die. At least it is a meaningful death rather than a meaningless one. They'd put up a statue of me in my hometown at least, lol.

Granted, it would be best not to have to take any risks at all. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. . .
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by ektbear: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
I think most people are willing to die for things that they truly believe in.

If I had son, I'd be willing to die for him.

And if I am willing to do this for my son, how much more an entire people?

But of course, one can only do this for things that they view as greater than themselves, things they love and value highly.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by kodewrita(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
all intellectual discussion goes out the window once the first brother or cousin dies. then you'll know whether you would run or pick up a gun to make someone pay.
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by nku5: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
I wonder how many of the ppl who log on to mouth off about their warrior status have ever actually stared down the barrel of a gun. That's the beauty of the internet I guess, everybody is rocky, einstein and jason bourne all in one
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by asha80(m): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
nku5:

I wonder how many of the ppl who log on to mouth off about their warrior status have ever actually stared down the barrel of a gun. That's the beauty of the internet I guess, everybody is rocky, einstein and jason bourne all in one

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Not so fast! cheesy

I love the above response! grin grin
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by CyberG: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2011
jas_o:

@ poster,
Stop been pacifist! are you claiming innocent of corruption and nepotism taking place in the nation? the subsidy rampaging all the media has never occur to you as demon policy to impoverish and starve Nigerians to death which is worst than war. have you ever witness where greed leave power without blood shell? Perhaps Gadafi scene can repair some weaken vain in the brain. If they fear God do you think they will continue damaging the country with inhuman policies dominating as their priority? If you are benefiting from the routine situation of the country which you will prefer to continue without been checked I think you’re working on greed’s strategy to continue maltreating our people, religious bigotry that has colluded to ruin the country and your ilk will never survive by that time. These people deliberately collapsed rail system, our federal roads are dead trap where people die day by day in the process of surviving their daily means, Our refineries were collapsed for their selfish interest. What else do you think will solve and propel this country in a right direction? Tell everybody here in NL.

Your post is very funny Mr. Man! What am I benefiting from Nigeria illegally that you are talking like Ghaddafi, survival, etc when I carry a different passport for goodness sake!? Yes, I got a scholarship in Nigeria sometime ago on academic merit it and I didn't steal it! What selfish interest do you accuse me of? Abeg, go and read my posts and see if I have not been advocating and "fighting" for Nigeria to be better but yet, Naija people have attacked me so much but I keep trying, what else do you want me to do!? Your accusations crack me up seriously . . . how am I benefiting from the rotten situation in Nigeria, for goodness sake!?
Re: Nigeria: All Out "war" And "violence" Breaks Out! by CyberG: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2011
Most posters here can relate why this question is relevant: NL start and win "e-wars" on this site everyday! They talk about past conflicts and wars like they were there, and how Nigeria should go to war and their "side" of the country is ready - while they sit in front of their wide screen TVs, leather couches, and having a swell time but keep advocating violence and setting up imaginary theatres of war in Nigeria when they are so far away! So, it is a good idea to ask them what their plans are - are they gonna be on ground before the fight or they intend to sit in US, UK, Canada, etc directing and giving instructions from their PS3, Wii and Gameboys??

(1) (Reply)

A Journey To Asaba / Sheikh Zakzaky: ''the West Wants To Render Nigeria Ungovernable'' / Breaking News: Sincere 9gerian Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.