Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom (26917 Views)

G5: Anti-party, Ortom Loses Bid For Senate / Atiku First Picture From US / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: "Who will be Atiku’s First Lady if he wins? Titi or Jamila?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Lutherblaq: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Former Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has reacted to a statement by 2023 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar’s aide, Phrank Shaibu, describing him as the worst governor in Nigeria’s history.

Shaibu had accused the G-5 Governors of working against Atiku and stressed that they were only seeking relevance, appointments, and protection from prosecution.

Reacting, Ortom in a statement issued by his aide, Terver Akase said Atiku Abubakar ought to be worried that he has gone into history as the first presidential candidate of a leading political party to be rejected by key stakeholders and many other members of his party.

”We are not sure that the Special Assistant on Public Communication to the PDP presidential candidate got his consent before making the statement; because if he did, he would have refrained from blaming the G-5 for his loss at the polls.

The question that should bother him is, why did the G-5 and other members of the Integrity Group reject his candidacy? The group stood for justice, equity and fairness that the 2023 presidency must go to the southern part of the country and Nigerians saw the indisputable facts contained in the position of the Integrity Group and voted for a presidential candidate from the south.

”Another reason for Atiku’s attack on Chief Ortom is the former Benue State Governor’s boldness to speak truth to his face and rebuke him for making unstatesmanlike comments regarding the killing of Benue people by Fulani herdsmen.

Atiku is on record to have expressed bitterness towards Ortom for daring to enact a law to prohibit open grazing of livestock in the state.

”The former Vice President’s diatribe against Chief Ortom can therefore be understood as the manifestation of frustration for losing the 2023 election.

His failure to humble himself and unite the PDP, opting to remain haughty even when the signals were clear that he was heading for defeat summarized his performance in the last election.

”Atiku lacks the moral ground to accuse anyone else of corruption. The words of his erstwhile principal, the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who described him as a very corrupt man have remained indelible and incontrovertible.

Chief Obasanjo, in his book, ‘My Watch’ states on pages 191-192 thus:
“Atiku Abubakar’s name was among names sent to us. Up to that time EFCC had enjoyed a close cooperation and collaboration with law enforcement agencies in the UK and the USA. I gave the green light to Nuhu for the investigation as requested by the authorities and forwarded his report to the USA.

The report was uncomfortable and unsavoury about Atiku and his associates.

I thought it was bad enough that the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was under investigation for corruption, when my Administration had made fighting corruption one of its cardinal objectives.

As it turned out, the investigation in Nigeria and in the US led to Atiku’s house being searched by the US Bureau of Investigation (FBI). It was so embarrassing for our Administration and Embassy in Washington.

”The role of anti-graft agencies is to investigate allegations of corruption.

Whenever they invite someone, such a person has to honour the invitation.

As a man who believes in the rule of law, Chief Ortom willingly visited EFCC when the Commission sought clarifications on the actions of his administration, the statement added.

Ortom, therefore, urged Nigerians to disregard the allegation by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar because it is unfounded and tantamount to cheap blackmail.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/12/atiku-first-presidential-candidate-to-be-rejected-by-his-party-ortom/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by taylor89(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
No comment

Una goodnight

9 Likes

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
The 2023 election was won very early cos I am still wondering how some Nigerians truly believed that 93% of the registered voters collected their PVC, how ?

When be say na phone low battery average Nigerians dey take seriously .. grin cheesy

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Lutherblaq: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
The 2023 election was won very early cos I am still wondering how some Nigerians truly believed that 93% of the registered voters collected their PVC, how ?

When be say na phone low battery average Nigerians dey take seriously .. grin cheesy

it is because many nigeraian are afraid to go out and vote.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lutherblaq:

it is because many nigeraian are afraid to go out and vote.

How about all those voters card that was buried inside the bush, abi the one wey dem burn for Inec office in some places, no be some people's voters card be that?

Funnily, na the known one we read/heard, how about yet to be found buried voters card?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Lutherblaq: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:

How about all those voters card that was buried inside the bush, abi the one wey dem burn for Inec office in some places, no be some people's voters card be that?

That could be caused by election lose, and so many reasons.

You see as for me, the last time i voted was back then in 2015, That i narrowly escaped being facialy blinded by some thugs in kaduna state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
2023 elections was free and fair, tinubu is a great man and he will definitely make our country great again👍

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by BMathew: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
I am a Lawyer 38 years at the Bar.
I know LP will lose
Why?
Obi is saying he won the Election by going for Tinubu initially.
How?
Did Obi come 2nd?
Obi has to first go for Atiku who came 2nd, defeat him
then begin the case with Tinubu.
He didn't do that
Due process skipped
Obi says he won the Election
Really?
Did he have the Spread?
Obi should have brought the results from the 36 States and the FCT in Evidence to show his scores are higher than Tinubu's scores.
Then he is talking but he didn't.
Ob in proving he won a 2023 Election was trying to say Tinubu did not attend University in America but forgot Tinubu worked at ExxonMobil.
He attended or not doesn't even have anything to do with the matter before the Courts.
How do you work at ExxonMobil without a Degree?
ExxonMobil recruits directly from Colleges not only that; they recruit the best Students from the Class.
Tinubu went DIRECTLY from Chicago State to ExxonMobil!
The only issue with Tinubu's academic Status is confusion between University of Chicago and Chicago State University.
They are 2 different Schools.
The former is high class and the latter is middle class.
When you use the former having attended the latter America believes you are fraudulently trying to gain advantage presenting yourself as Ivy when you are not.
I use Tinubu's University issue to counsel my Friends sending kids here that University of Pennsylvania in Pennsylvania State is different from Pennsylvania State university both in Pennsylvania State.
While they are both tops and expensive one is an Ivy League the other is not.
( You don't want Tinubu's Issue I always tell them )
A call to Chicago State University requesting the Books for $15 showed Tinubu graduated from there and was their best Accounting Student!
Now the School laughs at People calling to inquire if he attended.
They said they are grateful though because the $15 inquiry had helped raised almost a Milliion dollars for the School!

66 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lutherblaq:

That could be caused by election lose, and so many reasons.

You see as for me, the last time i voted was back then in 2015, That i narrowly escaped being facialy blinded by some thugs in kaduna state.

See bro, the oppositions in this 2023 election are just jokers.

When the new electoral law was proposed at the house, the oppositions were no where to be found.

Transmitting of results in real time to Irev portal should have been made mandatoy and also all results from polling unit is final.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Ihateheadslamer: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
It still doesn't change the fact that Atikulooter got more than he expected after the just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria tongue
helinues:

See bro, the oppositions in this 2023 election are just jokers.

When the new electoral law was proposed at the house, the oppositions were no where to be found.

Transmitting of results in real time to Irev portal should have been made mandatoy and also all results from polling unit is final.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
It still doesn't change the fact that Atikulooter got more than he expected after the just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria tongue

And how is Peter Obi different from Atiku? Aren't they both losers?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Ihateheadslamer: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
As far as Nigerians are concerned, there's no winner in the just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria tongue
helinues:

And how is Peter Obi different from Atiku? Aren't they both losers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
As far as Nigerians are concerned, there's no winner in the just concluded presidential elections in Nigeria tongue

No winner yet we are not in military government. undecided undecided

Sometimes, I dey wonder whether na idleness dey make you to dey quote me daily with incoherent comments.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Ihateheadslamer: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
The same Nigeria militaries without balls reason why I respect Mamady Doumbouya the most fearless soldier of his generation angry

helinues:

No winner yet we are not in military government. undecided undecided

Sometimes, I dey wonder whether na idleness dey make you to dey quote me daily with incoherent comments.
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by helinues: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The same Nigeria militaries without balls reason why I respect Mamady Doumbouya the most fearless soldier of his generation angry

You just justified the above quote.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Ihateheadslamer: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
That is what you guys are best at, always running away from the truth tongue
helinues:

You just justified the above quote.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by DAYPEN: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Make Atiku rest small. He had his calculations. G-5 had theirs. Their equations just did not have a common root.

Daz all.

The bead must cut somewhere.

Make I mimic person here: May 'Atiku being the first presidential candidate to be rejected by his party' favour me and my family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by ZUKKYY(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Any house that divide against itself shall not stand. Truly principle of all time
Atiku was never a Unifier as he refers to himself and can't never be.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by ShaqFu: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
😁
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Made2Last: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Atiku should relax jare..

For how long did the marabouts tell him to try for?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Yankee101: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Go and face your corruption case Ortom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by tunjijones(m): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Atiku? Customer dada ni....

1 Like

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by MuslimIgbo: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Samogloby: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Criminal talking,the man who could not pay workers salaries for 8years,the man who packed all the vehicles in Benue government house for his selfish interest. The man his best achievement was blaming Buhari for 8 years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Chucks13: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Oga panel beater have you gone to reclaimed your fraudulent panel beater tools taken away by the governor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
AND WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THAT,

THAT'S POLITICS FOR YOU,ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by Boyooosa(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Noted
Re: Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom by 1gbdata: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Haha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Seychelles Begins Probe Of Saraki, Wife, For Alleged Money Laundering / IGP Adamu Warns Against 'Revolution Now', Calls it "treasonable felony" / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.