Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,346 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years (12982 Views)

JAMB To Extend Registration Deadline As Candidates Grapple With Difficulties / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by peekspot(m): 12:40am On Jul 13, 2023

The house of representatives has asked the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to extend the validity of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results to three years.

The lower legislative chamber also urged the board to conduct the UTME at least twice a year.

By current arrangement, result of the exam conducted by JAMB is only valid for a year.

Candidates who are unable to get admission for that year are expected to take the exam the next year to pursue their quest for tertiary education.

But moving the motion on Wednesday, Akin Rotimi, the lawmaker representing Ekiti north 1 federal constituency, asked JAMB to “rethink” the arrangement to meet global standard.

Rotimi said the move “would bring immediate relief to students and their parents/sponsors, who bear the burden of paying every year for the exam, as well as give candidates multiple windows to sit for the exam in a year”.

He argued that there is nothing in the extant act establishing JAMB that stops it from immediately carrying out the resolutions of the house on the subject.

In a statement, the lawmaker said the house also adopted a motion seeking to establish an ad-hoc committee to discuss the resolution of the house with JAMB and other and relevant authorities.

“In addition to passing my motion, the honourable house also passed a motion for an additional prayer moved by Hon. Olumide Osoba, establishing an ad-hoc committee of the house to liaise with the authorities of JAMB and the ministry of education to ensure the resolution is expeditiously carried out,” he said.

Tolulope Akande-Sadipe, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from Oyo state, moved a similar bill during the 9th assembly.

However, the bill — which sought extension of UTME’s validity to four years — was stalled after the second reading.

https://www.thecable.ng/reps-ask-jamb-to-extend-validity-of-utme-results-to-3-years/amp

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by BNewsNg: 2:09am On Jul 13, 2023
This is the true Representation of the people.
One the other hand, the examination body care less about the financial pressure in many homes

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by crossfm: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2023
Good news.

It will really go a long way to ease the burden on poor Nigerian parents.

If you are not financially ready this year,you can start early to plan for next year.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by wunmi590(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2023

This is long overdue, I think the rep should finally put pressure on JAMB to do the dlneedful, this is what sone Europe 🇪🇺 are doing...

At least it saves money for the poor people, the only people who will be re-writing are those who have failed in their first attempt...

47 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Just as there are advantages to this also there are demerits!

Let them check and recheck before a common ground is reached!

JAMB has been more proactive since over half a decade now and I pray more power to their elbow!
No snake dey swallow money again after President Jonathan's time!

That JAMB registrar would make a wonderful Minister for Education!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Evilspirit666: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
I love this .This really affected me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Cassandraloius: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Beautiful! They're finally getting some sense, kudos to house of rep! They're should do more!

4 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by lincsnuel: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Long overdue.

Jamb seems to be only interested in money generation. I don't understand why someone will have to write Jamb multiple times even after scoring above 200 simply because the person didn't gain admission in his/her school of choice.

If the government wants to help Nigeria youth, then Jamb shouldn't include institution in their platform. Every student should write Jamb and use the result to apply to at least 10 or more Nigeria universities for a period of 3 years.

31 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by ugodson(m): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
This one is bad news for jamb o. Do you know how many billions they will lose to fund the houses and expensive life style.

I wont be surprised if jamb register will carry Ghana Must Go to bride so the law wont pass it.
Nigeria and corruption is like BEANS AND RICE

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by inoki247: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2023
I just hope they won't stall it again at the Second reading....

You can't be ripping the masses in the name of generating income every year....

10 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Sirmwill: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Trust me

It'll only make matters worse

If you know, you know.

Instead, other exam coordinating boards should be created like in the US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Opportuneke(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Please loud it 🎤.

This is very impressive 👌
One can’t keep writing jamb every year, codedly extorting the people, Haba.

O wrong now 💁🏾‍♂️
Now, I think our legislators are beginning to wake up.
I pray this present assembly shall favour us and our families 🙏🏻

lexy2014:

I pray they don't break your heart

That the process stalled sometimes ago doesn’t warrant us giving up.

We must keep trying to make life better and to make the world 🌎 a better place for all.

Thanks so much for your view, I perfectly understand your stand point.

7 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by femmykenny: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Cool
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by TwentyOnePilots(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Good Development.... I pray it sees the light of the day.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Agbadocassava: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
They keep saying the same thing every year

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by chiokeman(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Not only for three years, but for life, like that of waec and neco

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Cassandraloius: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Evilspirit666:
I love this .This really affected me

It affected everyone bro
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by vickydevoka(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2023
Jamb will no agree. They love money

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Cassandraloius: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2023
crossfm:
Good news.

It will really go a long way to ease the burden on poor Nigerian parents.

Honestly bro.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Nemesis0147(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2023
BNewsNg:
This is the true Representation of the people.
One the other hand, the examination body care less about the financial pressure in many homes
this is not the first time that this motion has been moved in the chamber…jamb no go ever gree

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by dsocioemmy(m): 8:15am On Jul 13, 2023
This is nice. This right here is a true representation of the plights of average Nigerian...

It will go a long way to ease the financial stress of parents and those who struggle to pay their Jamb fee by themselves

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by confirmerg(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
JAMB na thief, they no go gree
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Whois(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
If waec can conduct internal exams once a year and still conduct GCE exams twice in a year with all the subjects then jamb can also do theirs more than once a year
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by fatboyslym007: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
Good
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by millennium2012: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
God bless this man. This is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Stevengold(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
People still dey write jamb
They should scrap this unnecessary jamboree!!!

Post UTME is enough headache.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Dubetex96(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2023
FG no go agree they generate alot of income from yearly jambite

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by IMASTEX: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2023
Good
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Blitzking: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2023
Good for high scorers and bad for low scorers who narrowly escaped the ever reducing jamb cut off mark.
200last year has no way of competing with 285 this year in the admission cycle and a 320 would always have an edge..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For LEAP Africa School2work Programme For Nigerian Graduates 2018 / ASUU Strike: Universities To Resume 18th Nov 2013. / (ambrose Alli University 2batch Admission List Is Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.