Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years (13026 Views)

JAMB To Extend Registration Deadline As Candidates Grapple With Difficulties / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by ugodson(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Then you don't know the present Jamb Registrar to think he will bribe anyone to forestall any new arrangements.

Ask anyone who passed thru the University of Ilorin about Professor Oloyede.

Thanks for the update, if you can talk about him this way, his what we need
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by wpadmin: 9:24am On Jul 13, 2023
crossfm:
Good news.

It will really go a long way to ease the burden on poor Nigerian parents.

If you are not financially ready this year,you can start early to plan for next year.

A poor Nigerian parent that cannot afford ₦5,000 for JAMB form has no business sending his/her child to the University or Polytechnic.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Blitzking: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2023
Slynation:
I think if you understand the process very well...the fact you scored 205 or even 350 doesn't mean you can't take the exams if you wish too...

It's a very welcome development because the more students stay at home, the more they are been affected by brain drain...

My first jamb score then was 285, I applied for FUT Minna as my first choice, but after going there to write my Post UTME examination, I hated everything about the state and school setting, it's been over 12years but bro, till today I didn't know my score in that exam because I didn't even bothered to check the results...

But the most funny thing was that i couldn't attain that score in my next jamb due to work and hustle I embarked on...

So imagine if these policy was in voke then, students can use that one year to hustle hard while they apply for their choice university the next year with same score without thinking of going via the rigorous process of taking another jamb...At it stands now, gaining admission are taking some parents unawares...

I will use my Alma mater (Unizik) as an example. Currently, parents will have to cough out roughly 400K including accomodation immediately there wards are admitted...I think this policy will ease off stress on parents to atleast prepare for what's ahead.

Sorry...for the long epistle
If I have a very good score say 330 I won't bother writing the next jamb..but if I have say 220 and I know am applying for a very competitive course in a first generation federal uni I will surely write another jamb..300+ in my first jamb didn't give me my choice course the next year I got 257 studied medicine in a 1st gen uni
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by McPolomy(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Whois:
If waec can conduct internal exams once a year and still conduct GCE exams twice in a year with all the subjects then jamb can also do theirs more than once a year

Do you get a certificate for writing JAMB?Whereas, you get one for writing either WAEC or NECO and you can as well use the certificate to work should you choose not to forward in your education...
Meanwhile, JAMB is a prerequisite for tertiary education while WAEC and NECO certifies secondary education. I hope you get my point.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Slynation(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2023
Blitzking:

If I have a very good score say 330 I won't bother writing the next jamb..but if I have say 220 and I know am applying for a very competitive course in a first generation federal uni I will surely write another jamb..300+ in my first jamb didn't give me my choice course the next year I got 257 studied medicine in a 1st gen uni
Yea...that's one of the benefits of the potential policy, with your 330, you don't have to take another exams next year if you didn't gain admission...

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2023
inoki247:
I just hope they won't stall it again at the Second reading....

You can't be ripping the masses in the name of generating income every year....

It's already been stalled.. grin

JAMB is one of the agencies that generates revenue for the government coffers year in and out, especially since Oloyede assumed that office. For them to be remitting revenue in billions to the FG, you should know the ranking officials have had decent shares from that revenue. There's absolutely no way this bill is going to see the light of day.

No be today them begin sing this chorus na!
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Murketeer: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2023
Rashduct4luv:

2018 was when the audit process came out!
So you mean the news about snake swallowing money that we all heard about in 2018 ... actually happened since far back as 2014?...pls share the original news...since 2018 own is audit report
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Ezmans: 9:44am On Jul 13, 2023
BNewsNg:
This is the true Representation of the people.
One the other hand, the examination body care less about the financial pressure in many homes
this this a very good Idea, jamb should not see them selves as money making organisation
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by frozen70(f): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2023
peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/reps-ask-jamb-to-extend-validity-of-utme-results-to-3-years/amp

In as much as is a welcome idea if complimented,

Jamb is more interested in generating revenue to boast their position in the country that they too are important because they are generating revenue

Yes they have stopped nonsense in Jamb malpractice

They should also consider the trauma students goes through when they fail and have to repeat it again and again.

The parents that keep paying another money for the purchase of forms again and again is alot hurtful

This is just an exam that is use here in Nigeria and not recognized as WAEC outside the country

Why making it to be as difficult as getting visas to certain country's
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by MasterTeeUSA: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2023
I agree with this and should be more than twice a year but twice is ok. If you fail to meet cutoff, you can have another go at it and it will bring JAMB more revenue. Likewise you can pass and wait two years to learn a trade, earn money to pay your way and this would reduce girls selling their bodies to finance their education or guys doing yahoo yahoo. Great idea all around.

peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/reps-ask-jamb-to-extend-validity-of-utme-results-to-3-years/amp
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by slowice(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2023
Jamb collecting money from same students every year for an examination they actually passed the previous year is a form of corruption. It is fraud.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Onewazobia(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2023
chiokeman:
Not only for three years, but for life, like that of waec and neco

None of them are for life oga
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by HealthKelvin: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2023
House of Rep and their rubbish.
Since most of them didn’t write UTME or understand the significance;
they will talk rubbish.

This is a screening test nor a certification hence no need to extending validity.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Decarbonisation: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2023
Makes perfect sense, this.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by kafeii123: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
I don't support this......if you write jamb after having put in your best this year...... It doesn't mean your knowledge will be current by next year.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by luckyz4rea(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
This means those without the required cut-off mark for their various choice of institutions can have the choice of retaking the exam when the form is out.
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by tosyne2much(m): 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
This bill is going nowhere. It will be swept under the carpet for sure

Any bill like this that will eat ease the burden of the masses will not see the light, especially a bill like this that this will reduce the revenue the FG and top officials are reaping bountifully from
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by liasmiram2567: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
ugodson:
This one is bad news for jamb o. Do you know how many billions they will lose to fund the houses and expensive life style.

I wont be surprised if jamb register will carry Ghana Must Go to bride so the law wont pass it.
Nigeria and corruption is like BEANS AND RICE

O ti shi. You are referring to a wrong person.The present JAMB registrar is a man of God. He is not your typical Nigerian
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Mariezaza1(m): 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rashduct4luv:
Just as there are advantages to this also there are demerits!

Let them check and recheck before a common ground is reached!

JAMB has been more proactive since over half a decade now and I pray more power to their elbow!
No snake dey swallow money again after President Jonathan's time!

That JAMB registrar would make a wonderful Minister for Education!
The snake thing was in buharis time stop spreading lies
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by lakesider2006(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Onepiece007: 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
It’s can’t work because Jamb works with demand and supply. The best they can do is to reduce the price for collect jamb form .
My reason being even if you get 300 in Jamb you might still not gain admission if plenty people going for ur course in the same uni you applied for also got above 300 . Which means the uni can only collect the maximum amount of students they can accommodate .
I.e passing jamb is not the only deciding factor of gaining admission
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Kay25(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
Good way to go
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by ugodson(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
liasmiram2567:

O ti shi. You are referring to a wrong person.The present JAMB registrar is a man of God. He is not your typical Nigerian

Good to hear good things about this man. May Almighty God bless him
Re: House Of Reps Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of UTME Results To Three Years by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mariezaza1:

The snake thing was in buharis time stop spreading lies

The audit or the act itself?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Zaria's Online MBA / BVN: University Of Nigeria Nsukka Requires Bank Verification Number For Registra / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.