Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights (21208 Views)

Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death / Breaking: UK Journalists Embark On Strike Over High Cost Of Living, 3% Pay Rise / Donald Trump Resigns From the US Actors Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Racoon(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
shocked Nigerian actors will never bat an eyelid but here is US protesting. A different world for different people.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by CodeTemplar: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Will anyone go hungry or fall sick without movies?
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by damkin24(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:
A working nation that stands as one accord

If it’s in Nigeria now you’ll see sell outs from Yorubawood

Imagine the entire Nollywood wants to embark on national strike

You’ll see people like Eniola Badmus & Toyin Ibrahim will boycott the protest and go ahead shooting movies

Stupid country
I don't know why you are so retard in thinking. Must you comment

4 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Ambitious21: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

You’ll see people like Eniola Badmus & Toyin Ibrahim will boycott the protest and go ahead shooting movies

Stupid country

You lack sense... Omo irankiran

4 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by wahalawahala: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country
yoruba's be giving osu's nightmare since 1900

4 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by lexy2014: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
ClearFlair:
It could have been an opportunity for Nollywood...but Nigeria under APC is too hard

Opportunity for Nollywood to do what?
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Angelfrost(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
Interesting... Recently, it was writers and producers who went on strike!

When will Nollywood actors go on strike for similar reasons??!

More pertinently, can Nollywood or Nigerian actors ever go on strike for any reason whatsoever??!

...Just curious!!! tongue
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

As you book space no dedicate any rubbish song here before Thunder will fire you
As in eh, the thing is becoming annoying. Dedicating songs up and down like one kind .......
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Tinubuwins2023e: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

See wetin this tribalistic clown dey talk

4 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Lukuluku69(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
Let them go on strike from now till the year 3,987. How e take concern me?
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Crofton: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

If it was Nollywood actors and actresses that went on strike, you'd still insult Nigeria, you just have to find any way to rubbish your country

3 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Natbrowny: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Offpoint1:
Pay rise? I thought they paid these guys millions for their lead roles?

Only the A-list actors.

Acting is just fame and little money.

They make money from it but pay little to the actors.
Matter be like bakery wey dey sell wella but pay little attention to staff or little attention to equipment and only remember to grease and service mixer, cutter, slicer and generator when damaged..

1 Like

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by rollywise(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Just watch, them go soon answer them o. This strike may not even hold. But for Nigeria federal government go find new actors that will take their place as change the name of the association. Awon werey
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by WantsandMore: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

Begging us oil allocations and contracts

Na Wike I blame shaa for romancing with that Irigbaji brown teeth criminal

Don’t quote me bcuz i don’t respond to quotes
do you understand the basis of this strike at all?

2 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Dittodat: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

IPOB retards posting rubbish as usual. Always delusional and deranged in their outlook
Pathetic souls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Chidex50(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

If we're truly a country it could have been easier. We just have different countries trapped together.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Svoboda(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
Offpoint1:
Pay rise? I thought they paid these guys millions for their lead roles?

Most, if not all, are not lead actors.

So your screen 'idols' might not be involved.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Dayotheeone(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
Who hurt you bro?
Is everything ok at home?
Do you need someone to talk to?
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

2 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by MardiGraso: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023

Zealot S67 vibe machine 60w massive bass

🔋 40 hours battery life
✴️ SD CARD
🔘 1 year warranty
⭕💯Brand new
🌊 AUX // USB
🔺 Touch Button
🔻 High Bass

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by PissInside: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Definitely low class "D" list actors 🤣

You can't expect someone like Tom cruise who earns $100 million a flick or Will smith who earns $35 million a flick to go on strike 😁
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Mccullum: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Their strike is just an industrial one which won't affect daily runs of American government and people, the film producers will feel it more.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by ezegenigbonine: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

Some go even say na IPOB protest.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by toprealman: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kimjongun:
I wish NollyWood actors can learn from this, the inequality there is too much.
They are suffering, but they won't talk about it, because of celebrity packaging.
In Nollywood, established names fix their pay, upcoming actors settle for between thank you and any amount.
Actresses are making more money because people slide into their DM and do “like that”.
Their men are not too streetsmart and/or lucky.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by toprealman: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by ezegenigbonine: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
If in the case of Nollywood, that's when you will hear some people pushing it to a particular tribe. Like what happened in END SARS and OBIDIENT MOVEMENT. If not that igboho is a pure breed yoruba and have never been to any eastern part of the country, IGBOHO movement would have automatically turn to IPOB movement. The hatred is too much.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by blowjohn(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kimjongun:
I wish NollyWood actors can learn from this, the inequality there is too much.
They are suffering, but they won't talk about it, because of celebrity packaging.

Nollywood?

How many Nigerians dey watch their uninspiring movies? Start frm there first.

Am yet to see realistic fights in a Nigerian film.

How do u want them to get funds?

Look at revenues frm Hollywood blockbusters.
Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by mozes01(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

THE ENERGY DEPLOYED IN TYPING THIS RUBBISH COULD BE PUT TO A MORE SENSIBLE USE, UNFORTUNATELY U HAVE NO SENSE.

2 Likes

Re: US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights by Myer(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
taylor89:

Stupid country

Shameless Unity beggars

Una hold more than 6 countries together all in the name of unity bcuz of oil money

Nigeria can never be one

Divide this shithole una dey beg up and down

If I talk they’ll say I’m from Anambra. Shebi na only Anambra dey suffer from this bad government

A whole Rivers son like me will be buying fuel that’s from my backyard for 540 a liter bcuz of a greedy cocaine sniffer who’s not even from Nigeria

Can you fight who God has blessed?
Better bless those whom God has blessed so that you won't suffer the consequences of stubbornness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Donald Trump Freezes All Venezuelan Govt Assets In The US / India overtakes China as most populous nation, added 23m babies in 2022 / La Palma: Lava In Spanish Island Destroys More Homes (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.