Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way (16201 Views)

Nigerian Agriculture - Farming In Nigeria / Which Agriculture Sector Can I Venture Into With Capital Of N200,000 / Brazil To Inject $1.1b Into Nigerian Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Gaabasky: 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
AbuTwins:
The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians!

Before nko. See this one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Alcoron: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nigerian institutes have a very bad attitude towards emails, it's known worldwide. This corruption at CRIN and NIFOR is disgusting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Shantyken(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.

U can now understand that the problem of this country is we citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Shantyken(m): 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
MohammadSAW:

We generally don't want kafiris occupying the highest seat of power in Nigeria.
Peter Obi is a kafiri and Tinubu been a Yoruba Muslim,we don't rate Yoruba Muslims as genuine Muslims.
He's also a lesser kafiri that's why we all wanted the unifier,Atiku.

We only voted for Tinubu because of the Islamization of Nigeria agenda aside that, he's also useless to us.

For ur small head
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Bodexinvest: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
Something caught my attention and I quote " how difficult is it to get a decent human being?" Hmmmm, very difficult.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by DeLaRue: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
I have said it repeatedly here, one of the lowest hanging fruits out there for this new administration is to mandate that all federal agencies, institutions, ministries must have a functioning website with up to date information and where applicable, for their services to be almost completely accessible online.

This easy win will boost efficiency across the economy, boost growth, and transform citizens interaction with government.

Any vested interest, heads of these organisations that resist the change should be retired immediately.

Until a few years ago, registering a company was a nightmare with endless bribing of CAC staff.
Since the entire process was moved online, the process is super fast with zero bribing.

Mr Tinubu, please this move will cost very little, and yet bring huge advantages for the economy.

Just do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by pragmatistm(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
So sad. Not good for those of us interested in farming. See the way I grow groundnuts for the best yield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QpvZin-3g
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by koxyz: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

You just discovered a business opportunities sir start your own quality seedlings business

If u want good seeds contact East west seeds
They are the best in Nigeria have agents across Nigeria
Are you sure if they are into cocoa seedlings.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by codemaniacs: 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
djon78:

Not just Agriculture but entire system in Nigeria
It was delibrately designed like that
They don't want a progressive country

The only way is to insulate yourself somehow to reduce the draw back and move on in Life

Once you insulate yourself, you are good to go

There can only be progressive ethnic states in Nigeria.

Nigeria does not exist it is a Bri:tish location on the world map and the br:it's didn't create the ethnic nations within the location called Nigeria so its only the ethnic nations within the location that can be individually progressive.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by mrvitalis(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
koxyz:

Are you sure if they are into cocoa seedlings.
Not sure
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by rexchazy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
The malaria will killyoucontinue scammingpeopleinthenameof begging, there is always nemesis
Lecuna:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Shantyken:

U can now understand that the problem of this country is we citizens.

I have believed that. Majority amongst us are no good people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

What makes you think their ogas are on nairaland?

If they can't respond to emails, na nairaland dem.go see?

Even if na there juniors go see am, make someone sha send report give them of awful there services have been. The ogas to their oga might be here too.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Highways:
Same thing with immigration... If you decide to do it by yourself, they will delay you

The shameful culture of "anyhowness" has to be killed somehow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kimjongun:
I hope the concerned body are here to resolve this

I pray o.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
GreatManBee:

Very true! I once wrote to IITA (ibadan), called the phone number and even visited some year ago in the needed to buy some seedlings for research. Unfortunately I never go any response! So bad!

Probably the worst country to conduct any meaningful research. The support is barely zero. Kenya and Uganda are doing great with agriculture. And they can't be achieving such progress without solid and helpful research institutes.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mindlog:
There are racketeering rings in various agricultural research institutes across Nigeria.

Closer to the truth.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:
You wan buy Agricultural products as a Nigerian living within the country and you dey go websites owned and run by their government parent bodies for the purchase?

You never ready to buy anything!

I don buy small from person weh I know rip me wella. But it shouldn't continue this way.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
SaLongs1:
It is rather unfortunate because a well fed society is the beginning of an advanced country. Our leaders should look at all the advanced countries of the world and agriculture is usually heavily subsidized instead of being stunted as is the case in most of Africa.

It really is unfortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
happney65:
Lmao. I don't know about NIFOR but you see CRIN, make person no talk.. grin grin grin.

Talking from personal experience.

Do you live in Ibadan or you wrote to them?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by lexy2014: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

Even if na there juniors go see am, make someone sha send report give them of awful there services have been. The ogas to their oga might be here too.

Who are the people that u say don't respond to your emails?

Who are those supposed to respond to your emails that you complain aren't responded to? Is it the ogas or the juniors?

If they don't respond to your emails, how then would they bother about your nairaland post?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

I don buy small from person weh I know rip me wella. But it shouldn't continue this way.

Cocoa is in abundant quantities in states like Cross River and Ogun. If what you want is in large or commercial volumes, it will do you much good to travel to those places and get your goods.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

You just discovered a business opportunities sir start your own quality seedlings business

If u want good seeds contact East west seeds
They are the best in Nigeria have agents across Nigeria

Can't seem to find their Nigerian weblink. Do they have a website for Nigeria? And they are only involved with perishable foods, isn't it?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
Please go to Benin and buy at cheaper rates especially coconut I mean improved seedlings

Republic or Edo State? I no get that kind money to travel out.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Agriculture, Health, Sports, Education... Not one sector works or functions by any standard!

No lies...
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
djon78:

Not just Agriculture but entire system in Nigeria
It was delibrately designed like that
They don't want a progressive country

The only way is to insulate yourself somehow to reduce the draw back and move on in Life

Once you insulate yourself, you are good to go

At least make dem allow person make money the legit way.....abi how person wan insulate oneself in poverty?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
BlueBlackPackag:
I reached out to NIFOR through the email on their website and I got response almost immediately. The price they gave me for seeds and seedlings of tenera palm was relatively cheap. I don't know why your case is different anyways.

The price is cheap that's why I went there. But do I need to write any stressful email after seeing the price of what's to be purchased online? My biggest problem isn't about their attitude to emails or what not. It's about getting what I want without the need of going through any hassles.

To be fair to NIFOR, I got a mail reply yesterday after writing this, but until I get my seedling, I don't think they deserve a praise.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
Fiscus105:
Naija civil servants? If u dnt bribe ur way out, u will never scale tru. Go to immigrantion and see things.

Any president/gov that really want to develop naija, he needs serious work on naija civil service.

Population's commission nko, even our embassies abroad? One useless official was trying to justify his inadequacies by telling me this is Nigeria ooo at our Berlin embassy.... that's when I went to renew my passport. That's a man that's been in Germany for God knows when. I was forced to ask him whether we are cursed not to be able to do anything the right way.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
mamaafrik:

They do so because "ọga tá ọga kota owó alárùn a pe" syndrome.

Get intouch with people at Federal University of agriculture, Abeokuta, your issue is an ìtì ogẹẹdẹ thing.
Or you d.m me.

I'll do that boss.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omenlon:
Funny enough, those in charge of these institutes will still be among those blaming the country of bad leadership. Their Ogas and those indulging in this corrupt practices are either Christian or Muslim.

Sad.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
JustPowerApps:
They even tried, you should see the website of NCC and CBN😂😂😂, you will laugh hard and long if you get the glimpse of what a responsive website should look like.

I wonder who's incharge of government websites, they always look like shit. A day after BAT's swearing in, I checked his personal website, dude is down with database error. The website of a sitting President. I FEEL FOR THIS COUNTRY TBH.

Getting led by men who couldn't even take care of things personal to them.

I so much believe in this country. But I guess I'll have to love it from a distance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
KayB:
You actually nailed it but it's not peculiar to agricultural institutions alone, even the websites of the federal government and the States are not up to date.
Meanwhile, in my personal opinion the day Nigerian government embrace paperless governance and online processing is the day we start experiencing decrease in corruption.
On the cashew plantation even the CRIN, as at today cannot boast of Improved seedlings without mentioning WEST AFRICA PROCASHEW PROJECT introducing a discounted polyclonal cashew seedlings to encourage more plantations.
Get in touch and book for it before the program closes next year

Any verifiable link to that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Not Trading Soya Again. / Kebbi Begins Massive Soya Beans Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.