Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way (16157 Views)

Nigerian Agriculture - Farming In Nigeria / Which Agriculture Sector Can I Venture Into With Capital Of N200,000 / Brazil To Inject $1.1b Into Nigerian Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
oluwatosin88:

At these present times of moribund systems,you need not go formal and follow due process to get to these institutions. You are a Nigerian,think our normal way. You need to have an in-house to get things done in a timely manner in Nigeria,if you don't want red-tappism to kill your ideas and moves. Your network is your networth. Buid a solid one

I don buy small weh I fit afford o. Could have done double with that little sha.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Shantyken:

U can now understand that the problem of this country is we citizens.

I will say 90 per cent to the people, the rest for the government.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeLaRue:
I have said it repeatedly here, one of the lowest hanging fruits out there for this new administration is to mandate that all federal agencies, institutions, ministries must have a functioning website with up to date information and where applicable, for their services to be almost completely accessible online.

This easy win will boost efficiency across the economy, boost growth, and transform citizens interaction with government.

Any vested interest, heads of these organisations that resist the change should be retired immediately.

Until a few years ago, registering a company was a nightmare with endless bribing of CAC staff.
Since the entire process was moved online, the process is super fast with zero bribing.

Mr Tinubu, please this move will cost very little, and yet bring huge advantages for the economy.

Just do it.

Some of the problems require little efforts. I pray he looks into this.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Cocoa is in abundant quantities in states like Cross River and Ogun. If what you want is in large or commercial volumes, it will do you much good to travel to those places and get your goods.

Na Coconut I want o.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

Who are the people that u say don't respond to your emails?

Who are those supposed to respond to your emails that you complain aren't responded to? Is it the ogas or the juniors?

If they don't respond to your emails, how then would they bother about your nairaland post?

They should be concerned about the criticisms that come with people reading this on nairaland, if there job means anything to them.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
idrisaleo1:

Na Coconut I want o.

Kogi State has coconut. And it's very affordable.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Kogi State has coconut. And it's very affordable.

I bought some already though. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Onuoha1234(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
You are commendable. I have raised both oil and cashew as a pastime. It cost me peanuts, I derived 1000 nuts from ONE Fruit bu nch. Simp)y push the| nut 6inch| into top soil Keep moist for 5months and see what happens. No seedlin|g should cost more than 100naira now. We can give out seeds For Free if we a serious nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AjaoEstater(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Is this guy for real? Nigeria is #1 in Africa for many food products and Top 10 in the world heck we are #1 in kolanut (obi) and we are not even trying to be and that alone generate like ~2 billion naira. Nigeria also did not sign all the global warming treaties like every other countries on the planet and we dont have such thing as carbon emission tax (which Ireland have and they are killing/eliminating their agriculture sector just because of global warming). Nigeria is also blessed in terms of land area (you can drive for 6 to 9 hours are you will still be in Cross River or Kaduna, meanwhile you can drive through all of Ireland or UK for 4 hours (in Ireland case) or 9 hours (in UK case) heck from Lagos to Baga that nearly two days journey) the North need the South for oil income and the South need the North for food. If we go our ways it will be a catastrophe not just for North and South Inhabitants but to the Black race. United we stand, Divided we fall.

God bless Nigeria, Long Live Nigeria

Note: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/29/ireland-targets-25-cut-agriculture-emissions-farmers-anger

(Ireland does not even rank #1 or Top 10 in any food/agriculture products either in western europe or europe or the whole world)
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by seunayantokun(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
The problems of Nigeria are people who are in love with evildoing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AfonjaPriest: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Lecuna:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank
This person, known as Angela, has all these names for just one account in GTBank:
Ann, Anne, AngelaUbi, Anngela, Angella, Anna, Angela, Angela Ubi, Angelah, etc.
He is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AfonjaPriest: 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Tinubu can never fight corruption, because he is extremely corrupt. It's like telling a very dirty person to wash your dirty linens. The result? Don't expect anything good.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by MrPRevailer(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
AbuTwins:
The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians!

Corrupt leaders. There are good leaders that will do right.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by lexy2014: 12:07am On Jul 15, 2023
idrisaleo1:

They should be concerned about the criticisms that come with people reading this on nairaland, if there job means anything to them.

that isnt what i asked you.

Who are those supposed to respond to your emails that you complain aren't responded to? Is it the ogas or the juniors?

If they don't respond to your emails, how then would they bother about your nairaland post?
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by prophetfire: 12:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Image123:
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt people. They need iron hand, not sissies like Obi lamba that his wife shouts on him to stay in Lagos and his ipobic followers bark on him to delete tweets.
. Tinubu's the great grand father of corruption in the whole Nigeria and he's the presiding president of the fantastically corrupt government.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 2:38am On Jul 15, 2023
lexy2014:

that isnt what i asked you.

Can't help your ignorance. Enjoy!
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by lexy2014: 3:37am On Jul 15, 2023
idrisaleo1:

Can't help your ignorance. Enjoy!

since you arent ignorant, then you shouldnt have any problems answering the questions.

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by cardoso514: 5:06am On Jul 15, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.
Idrisaleo,unless you taking an excursion no need visiting those places.In case you need quantity,even those will refer to mass producers.Let me link with commercial producers of those 0lanting materials and you will not regret it
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Image123(m): 5:08am On Jul 15, 2023
prophetfire:
. Tinubu's the great grand father of corruption in the whole Nigeria and he's the presiding president of the fantastically corrupt government.

Better than any of his other fantastically corrupt politician competitors(Atiku and Obi) that were in the ballot box/papers, we go manage am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by qanda: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by LivingSage: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2023
That's just it.

I once mail IITA Ibadan to make enquiry on this same seed, till date no response.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by wa7154733: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2023
I understand your frustration with the difficulties you've encountered while trying to purchase Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings from the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and the Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR). It is unfortunate that some individuals
https://pcsoresults.ph/stl-results-today/
within these institutes are engaging in corrupt practices, hindering the smooth progress of agricultural initiatives in the country.

Having a user-friendly website and efficient payment and delivery systems would undoubtedly improve the overall experience for buyers like yourself. It is disheartening to witness the lack of transparency and the negative impact it has on both agricultural development and the reputation of these institutes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AbuTwins: 9:10am On Jul 15, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Corrupt leaders. There are good leaders that will do right.

Our leaders are from among us!

Our leaders fit us!
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Bfly: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2023
The day i wanted to sign army dssc screening form on behalf of my friend at the LGA. They requested for #4000. I pleaded, But still no. I thought they would reconsider. I decided to take few steps away, thinking they will call me back.
Omo. Na so den turn continue to dey gist for office o. I wan cry. No be because of the form o. But because of how Nigeria don dey bastadized. Since then i just dey dey my dey o.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by OBA2503: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
Corruption is endemic in Nigeria.
Another classic example is the Police Clearance Certificate done in FCID headquarters in Alagbon- ikoyi, Lagos.
The website states N25,000. When you get to their office, you hear all sorts of information such as fast track,capturing fee etc which eventually takes the amount to N50,000 and in some cases N70,000.
My primary concern is that even criminals can bribe their way to obtaining these documents without any control simply because of our love for money, lack of integrity and desire to cut corners.
How will the international community view us?
What will they perceive of our certificates?
And, sham documents we present if any tom, dick and harry can purchase it on the streets without following due process.
When will Nigeria, its authorities and citizens learn to do the right thing?
Everyday we see cases of the Jamb fiasco coming up time and time again.
O sun mi ooo.................
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by XAUBulls: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
idrisaleo1:
I have been on Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) and Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research's (NIFOR) website respectively trying to buy Cashew Nuts Seeds and Coconut Seedlings, but I would never be able to because of some corrupt individuals working against the interest of agriculture in the country. For goodness sake, what will it cost you to have a user friendly website where payments can easily be made and my products delivered to wherever I am in the country?

These are institutes heavily subsidised and are solely established to cater for the agricultural needs of Nigeria. However, buying anything from them is near impossible as some of their workers are rumoured to resell at exorbitant prices to not so willing but powerless buyers. To make this into perspective, NIFOR sells a seedling of Coconut for 1500 and the least you can probably get that outside their walls is 2500. Some go as selling for 5000 or even more. For CRIN's cashew nuts jumbo seeds, the establishment sells for 1500 per kg and you get that around 4500 or even more from these ugly individuals.

It takes forever for them to reply your emails, the phone details are not easily seen, they most probably don't have one. The only thing that works well with lack of transparency is the desire to steal, exploit, and/or extort. Call it anything, it's most likely a negative thing.

My question will be, why do we love exploiting and wreaking havocs on ourselves? How difficult is it to be a decent human being? Are we so useless we can't seem to get anything right? I believe we can do better and we should be doing better.

Admin, please kindly move to the front page. Let their ogas respond to these allegations.
True that. Corruption thrives in an atmosphere of inefficiencies.

Agribusiness is big business in the U.S.
so these folk should NOT even be talking of a lack of funding because the field is self-financing if things are done right.

IITA is a lot more innovative and responsive because of the professionalism and focus of the folks there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by Taigaban: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Is it true that former minister of agriculture used 18billion for bush clearing? That amount is enough to plant Rice to feed the entire west Africa. We will succeed in agriculture if politicians stop stealing our common wealth and when they are focused. Common Rice Nigeria cannot produce. I was born to see sand Rice, and many years after Nigeria is still struggling with Sand Rice despite global innovations in modern agriculture. Well let's see if Tinubu will be different. The past government only planted Rice on pages of newspapers
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by idrisaleo1: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
NIFOR responded quite quickly, a lot quicker than expected. I have been connected to an official, a really helpful man who promised to bring me some to Ilorin tomorrow. There are no discrepancies between the online price and the one he quoted. He seems genuinely helpful. I'm impressed.

And thank you all for commenting. May Nigeria succeed!
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by AmVeryOk: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Nigerians make simple things to become complex . Once there is no avenue to loot,they don't do their jobs. Business Card

Agriculture should be given extra attention. If money no da atlist make food cheap grin.
Re: Nigerian Agriculture Sector Won't Develop If We Continue This Way by obama99: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
idrisaleo1:

The real problems are the old tired legs there that have refused to retire. Recycling old ideas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not Trading Soya Again. / Improved Treated Dwarf Hybrid Plantain/Banana Sucker ( See Video Below ) / Kebbi Begins Massive Soya Beans Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.