Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today (85430 Views)

Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / Breaking : Highest JAMB Scorers Offered Scholarships. / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by meum: 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hmm
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by SayNo2SmallPrik: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by bluefilm: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mmesoma has really opened a can of worms.

Soon now, some Nigerians go begin wan use JAMB do Guinness World Record attention grabbing.

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by abobote: 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
They are all doing well, which means they are truly brilliant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by SpatialKing(m): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
Impressive đź‘Ź op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Danidinho4: 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
Notice that the scores increased since the introduction of CBT after JAMB decided to scrap PPT.

Stats don't lie

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by BrazilianOG(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Guy go siddon e be lyk say you don pass yr peek for nland. No body sabi you again, boogeyman na our lord for now GERRIT

2 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by justhenrii(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=124399273][/quote]
Ifeanyi Justus Akachukwu is currently a 500 level medical student at the University of Port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Greece Is Logo

Georgios Papanikolaou, seen where he nearly always was: by his microscope, examining a slide. New York City, 1958.

GREECE ISHEALTH
The Amazing Story of The Man Who Developed the Pap Test
Georgios Papanikolaou, creator of the legendary cervical cancer test, is rightly regarded as one of the most brilliant scientific minds of the 20th century.
By Elena Kiourktsi | February 28th, 2018

Millions of women are grateful to him for the test he discovered and presented for the first time in 1928. He was 45 years old at the time, and the medical community was initially skeptical about him and his work. Nearly a century has now passed, and there is still no sign of a better, more modern method for the prevention of cervical cancer. And yet, Georgios Papanikolaou almost didn’t become a doctor.

He was born May 13, 1883, the second son and third child of Nikolaos Papanikolaou a doctor popular enough to be elected mayor and subsequently a Member of Parliament.

To this day, the Pap Test is used worldwide for the diagnosis of cervical cancer, precancerous dysplasia and other cytological diseases of the female reproductive system.

“ideal in life was neither to become rich, nor to live happily, but to work, act, create and do something worthy of a man who is moral and strong.”

conversations with them, he began to form the opinion that the New World was the place where the conditions for scientific research were at their best.

On October 19, 1913, Georgios Papanikolaou, together with his wife, disembarked in New York. The couple initially faced serious financial difficulties. At the beginning, they lived in a single room on 116th Street and both worked at Gimbels Department Store. He sold carpets and, in the evenings, played the violin in various restaurants, while she sewed buttons for five dollars a week.

However, although poor and seemingly unknown, Papanikolaou overcame the difficulties quickly. He found work as a journalist for the Greek paper Atlantis and was later recruited by the New York Hospital, having been recommended by Professor Thomas Hunt Morgan of Columbia University. Dr Morgan knew Papanikolaou from Germany and appreciated his work. Finally, in October 1914, he started working at Cornell University where he would remain for the next 47 years. Two months later, his wife Machi joined him as his technician.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by ahamonyeka(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
This list is not compkete without nmesoma
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by NuCypher: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

Obrimah Eseoghene Oluwawunmi (290): A film producer based in Chicago, US. A summa cum Laude graduate from both Xavier University (BSc, Film and Television) and Columbia University (MA, Fine Arts). https://www.linkedin.com/in/eseobrimah/

Columbia University is different from Columbia College.

Honestly, most of these highest scorers in Jamb took their exam in special centers. Many of them did not deservedly get those scores. Through the connivance of their parents and teachers, they get mercenaries to write these exams for them and end up getting really high scores. The true high scorers end up in the mid 200's, or much less than the highest scorers. This is why many of the supposed highest JAMB scorers end up as underperformers.

When I took JAMB that year too, I had a friend from school who score around 310. I knew this guy was an average student, so I knew for sure that he took his exam in the special center. The highest scorer that year ended up maybe a few scores above than 310, so he could easily have been the highest scorer in JAMB. Of course, he was an average student and ended up unable to cope in University, eventually dropping out of school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by kenny714433(m): 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Damn! Simple "Who is" search on Lookup would have given me these information that year on Kali Linux.
Dude wanted to become a goddamn cybersecurity expert but the forces against me won...

I would do wonders if I could man the intelligent unit of this country's security sector. Not those fat unintelligent hausa/fulani corrupt officials..

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by kalufelix(m): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nawa o.. this thread sef na another low key jamb..
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Their trajectory is not exactly exceptional. There are people with far less JAMB score who are doing better in their career.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Diamond2222: 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Well detailed article.kudos, I enjoyed reading this piece

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by NaijaCover(m): 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Following The Thread
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by wunmi590(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2023

Kudos 👏 to you for sparing some of your precious time ⏲️ to make this research...

Based on your question, I still believe WAEC is a better yard stick to judge student brilliant prowess, because majority of these JAMB centre are miracle centre..

I'm not saying all of the JAMB candidates are into it, but I will also go for a better WAEC than a JAMB, JAMB is just four subject, while WAEC is nine subject, which comprises of both practical, theory and objective...

Some of my friend we graduated together never had a better JAMB score, but their. WAEC results were superb, they graduated 🎓 as the best student in our class

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by VicM6: 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2023
If Mesoema name no enter this list then the list na fake...if u knw u knw.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by stankezzy: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wonder shall never end

3 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Putinofrussia: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
Interesting
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by BigDickProblems: 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
First of all is not the best of all... likewise, Best of all is not the first of all too.

Some of them are doing well and some of them may not have their foot on the ground as well (as you can see some of them are looking for jobs).
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Raph82(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
This is a well-researched article. It's been a while I've seen a quality article like this here. Keep up the good work.

9 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by BigDickProblems: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
I didn't have the best of WAEC results neither did I have the best of JAMB result, but I graduated top of my class from the University.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Gerrard59:
The lure of Medicine and Surgery declined in recent years compared to previous years. For instance, if the profile of Yusuf Bala Abdullahi is correct, it makes him the only non-medical doctor scholar in that year. Then fast forward to 2019 (before Covid), only one medicine and surgery scholar. Move to 2020 and none pursued medicine and surgery. The same occurred in 2021. The top scorers in WASSCE aka WAEC has to be researched to compare with JAMB scholars from those years to know if academically excellent students are not interested in Medicine and Surgery as a course to study.

Money is everything. Money made Utuk Uwakmfon Joseph accomplished more academically and career-wise than his fellow stellar achievers. To illustrate this, Ojuba Mezisashe Shalom chose Covenant University as where she would prefer to study but is now at Howard University. As an alumna of Loyola Jesuit, it is certain her parents are well-to-do to sponsor her either to HU or through the process (SAT, TOEFL, visa application, flight fees etc) to get a scholarship to study there. The same could be said for Soladoye Damilola Faith who got into the UK as his BSc was at Covenant University, a private university. What money cannot do, more money can do.

The penetration of the Internet and social media made it quite easy to get results from successive years. It also seemed like Nigerians got more intelligent in 2015. Furthermore, it is important these people or those close to them know how to position their profiles on the Internet. Basically, they should have an online image to present even if they prefer to be private. The 2020 achievers did well. Three out of five have LinkedIn profiles; Ojuba Mezisashe Shalom, Elikwu Victor Chukwuemeka and Maduafokwa Egoagwuagwu. Although no picture of the former, but the latter has. For both, I am sure it is because of their locations, siblings studying abroad for the former and internship at Meta for the latter. Others should do the same. Being among the highest scorers in any country’s universities’ entrance examination is not a mean feat. These people go on to make exploits.

The South West is the most preferred region for these students, even for non-Yorubas to study in. This further corroborates what I have written here: indisputably, the South West has the best universities in Nigeria. Also, Nigeria’s most prestigious private universities are located in the region. Thus, she attracts the best and brightest. Unsurprisingly, it is Nigeria’s most prosperous region
(apart from Abuja) as adjudged by the Economist Magazine (https://www.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/how-kidnappers-zealots-and-rebels-are-making-nigeria-ungovernable/21805737).

Absuchat tongue, the bolded is the conclusion of the project above. Have a nice day. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by odenkirk: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
this stupid list wont change the fact that school is scam
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by odenkirk: 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:
Mtchew
na dem sabi
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by lozanni(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:
My score that year was 267 finished school searched for job upanda I no c. undecided

Thank God for the hustling spirit in me. I no rich I no poor. But, Sapa don bidme farewell. grin

grin Funny write up.

I wish you success in your pursuits

2 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by egojeny1(f): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Cashio:
Nigerians did not get more intelligent in 2015. I think the result outcome started getting better from 2015 because of the introduction of computer based tests in place of the traditional ppt tests which were used in the previous years.
I think the computer based test and result marking corrected so many errors previously experienced during the years of Paper/pencil test.
Myself as a case study, I wrote jamb five times from 2011 to 2015 and my results were always poor between 2011 and 2014, except 2012 when I scored 212 despite being so sure I should have scored better.
Then in 2015, the CBT was introduced and the system changed and boom, I scored 253 despite scoring 191 the year before. This particular incident made it sure to me that something was wrong with the PPT marking system or that the individuals marking the scripts were totally incompetent because, how can I, after taking the first position in my class almost throughout my primary and secondary years be scoring 178, 176, 191, and 212 in jamb. Yes something was wrong and they corrected that with the introduction of CBT and that’s why you see students going as high is over 300.

Exactly. I noticed same too

Also noticed that majority of them are science students

7 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by onuman: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Gerrard59:
Additionally, Covenant University has risen up the ranks to be one of the country’s most preferred universities. This was a university that many ignorant Nigerians lampooned for producing too many “half baked” first class graduates. The humdrum and stoopid axiom of a first class from CU is equivalent to a 2.1 from UNILAG or OAU or let the first class from CU come to my university to repeat the feat, make I see how e go dey possible” was peddled recklessly. I mentioned here that Covenant University will be Nigeria’s Harvard where even diasporans will send their children to study as a way to understand Nigeria better. Although, the charismatic man behind it - Bishop Oyedepo - can be brash at times, but you see this Covenant University’s project of his? He deserves the accolades.

In 2017:

All secondary schools are equal, but some are more equal than others. Jephthah Schools, Ambassadors College, Loyola Jesuit, Graceland International Schools and the numerous Catholic-managed schools are good breeding grounds for academic excellence. I do understand that students from the likes of British International College, Grange Schools or the elite of elite secondary schools in Nigeria rarely write JAMB, but focus on SAT and IGSCE. However, I admire the earlier aforementioned schools for their academic excellence and moral upbringing. Ambassadors College and Loyola Jesuit tend to dominate WASSCE rankings, but that will require separate research on its own. For Ndi diasporans, I dare say Loyola Jesuit College is a better option than public and private schools in the US, Canada or UK or even Germany. The children get the academic knowledge, and moral upbringing (a boy is a boy and not the other way round) and they get to be amongst people who look like them during their nascent years. Generally, schools managed by the Catholic Church tend to be very good. This is a global phenomenon. Kudos to the Catholic Church.

The United States attracts the world’s best and brightest. No wonder she is the world’s greatest country. China, which I admire, tries but cannot try enough. The singular act of being able to get the best and brightest from all countries to study at your universities and participate in your economy is a bragging right and makes the US a superpower. The route to eventual naturalisation is tough though and it is a lottery system (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how). Marriage is the surest path because, without it, you fit sabi book yet find yourself kicked out because you don’t have the right visa or passports (some passports are more equal than others in accessing the US labour market). For a Black African and I dare say Black person anywhere, the US is the best place to thrive and succeed financially. No wonder African Americans are the richest set of black people globally.

In 2017, there were conflicting reports about the highest scorers with Ariori Ibrahim Olabode coming top with 375, Iworiso Blessing coming behind with 316 and Felix-Ngige Chukwuebuka being the third at 315. Unfortunately, I could not find anything about them. Also, I am sceptical of the scores considering the gap between the first and second scorers. When compared to other years, the chasm is too wide. That said, the score by Ariori Ibrahim Olabode was shown to be false: https://www.nairaland.com/3820763/meet-16-year-old-boy

God bless Nigeria!

After all, these too much bukuru southerners will end up being ruled in Nigeria by Aboki who would hardly score 200 in UMTE; because Aboki has too much presidential election advantages through the too many states and political constituencies proliferated in Aboki's North by northern military dictators between 1967-1996.
Winner of presidential election must score 25% of votes in 24 states. Aboki must win or Abokis select a surrogate president from the south. Retrogression of Nigeria goes on. Muhammadu Buhari just gave order that anyone who asks him to come to court to give evidence must be in trouble.
Ask for democratic political restructuring of Nigeria today; Abokis tell you to come to the National Assembly for political restructuring, knowing full well that the National Assembly is overpopulated by Aboki lawmakers drawn from the undue large number of states with legislative constituencies in the old Northern region.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Experiencing University Of Ibadan At Night (Pictures) / Emmanuel Acheampong: Nigerian Student Offered Me Sex For Grade - Ghana Lecturer / Top 15 Universities In Nigeria With Most Beautiful Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.