Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today (85268 Views)

Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / Breaking : Highest JAMB Scorers Offered Scholarships. / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by 9jaRealist: 12:57am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
All secondary schools are equal, but some are more equal than others. Jephthah Schools, Ambassadors College, Loyola Jesuit, Graceland International Schools and the numerous Catholic-managed schools are good breeding grounds for academic excellence. I do understand that students from the likes of British International College, Grange Schools or the elite of elite secondary schools in Nigeria rarely write JAMB, but focus on SAT and IGSCE. However, I admire the earlier aforementioned schools for their academic excellence and moral upbringing. Ambassadors College and Loyola Jesuit tend to dominate WASSCE rankings, but that will require separate research on its own. For Ndi diasporans, I dare say Loyola Jesuit College is a better option than public and private schools in the US, Canada or UK or even Germany. The children get the academic The United States attracts the world’s best and brightest. No wonder she is the world’s greatest country. China, which I admire, tries but cannot try enough. The singular act of being able to get the best and brightest from all countries to study at your universities and participate in your economy is a bragging right and makes the US a superpower. The route to eventual naturalisation is tough though and it is a lottery system (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how). Marriage is the surest path because, without it, you fit sabi book yet find yourself kicked out because you don’t have the right visa or passports (some passports are more equal than others in accessing the US labour market). For a Black African and I dare say Black person anywhere, the US is the best place to thrive and succeed financially. No wonder African Americans are the richest set of black people globally.

Without prejudice to the rest of your post…

It’s only because they are Americans domiciled in America…
Looking at specific economic demographics, AAs are some of the WORST earners (even behind several immigrant communities).

Of course racism and its legacy (including systemic and institutional racism) remains a key factor…
Nonetheless, while 2018 average Nigerian household wealth in the US is $68K, African-American household wealth was $24K!
>
PS: Average white household wealth in the US (2019) was $188K.
>

4 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by LikeAking: 12:58am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
Additionally, Covenant University has risen up the ranks to be one of the country’s most preferred universities. This was a university that many ignorant Nigerians lampooned for producing too many “half baked” first class graduates. The humdrum and stoopid axiom of a first class from CU is equivalent to a 2.1 from UNILAG or OAU or let the first class from CU come to my university to repeat the feat, make I see how e go dey possible” was peddled recklessly. I mentioned here that Covenant University will be Nigeria’s Harvard where even diasporans will send their children to study as a way to understand Nigeria better. Although, the charismatic man behind it - Bishop Oyedepo - can be brash at times, but you see this Covenant University’s project of his? He deserves the accolades.

In 2017:

All secondary schools are equal, but some are more equal than others. Jephthah Schools, Ambassadors College, Loyola Jesuit, Graceland International Schools and the numerous Catholic-managed schools are good breeding grounds for academic excellence. I do understand that students from the likes of British International College, Grange Schools or the elite of elite secondary schools in Nigeria rarely write JAMB, but focus on SAT and IGSCE. However, I admire the earlier aforementioned schools for their academic excellence and moral upbringing. Ambassadors College and Loyola Jesuit tend to dominate WASSCE rankings, but that will require separate research on its own. For Ndi diasporans, I dare say Loyola Jesuit College is a better option than public and private schools in the US, Canada or UK or even Germany. The children get the academic knowledge, and moral upbringing (a boy is a boy and not the other way round) and they get to be amongst people who look like them during their nascent years. Generally, schools managed by the Catholic Church tend to be very good. This is a global phenomenon. Kudos to the Catholic Church.

The United States attracts the world’s best and brightest. No wonder she is the world’s greatest country. China, which I admire, tries but cannot try enough. The singular act of being able to get the best and brightest from all countries to study at your universities and participate in your economy is a bragging right and makes the US a superpower. The route to eventual naturalisation is tough though and it is a lottery system (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how). Marriage is the surest path because, without it, you fit sabi book yet find yourself kicked out because you don’t have the right visa or passports (some passports are more equal than others in accessing the US labour market). For a Black African and I dare say Black person anywhere, the US is the best place to thrive and succeed financially. No wonder African Americans are the richest set of black people globally.

In 2017, there were conflicting reports about the highest scorers with Ariori Ibrahim Olabode coming top with 375, Iworiso Blessing coming behind with 316 and Felix-Ngige Chukwuebuka being the third at 315. Unfortunately, I could not find anything about them. Also, I am sceptical of the scores considering the gap between the first and second scorers. When compared to other years, the chasm is too wide. That said, the score by Ariori Ibrahim Olabode was shown to be false: https://www.nairaland.com/3820763/meet-16-year-old-boy

God bless Nigeria!

Lies!

CU is just a glorified secondary sch whoose days are numbered..

The student loan has come to put an end.

After the degree what's next?
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Emmiekeyz(m): 1:09am On Jul 14, 2023
OriOko88:
Many of these students attended the best private secondary schools in Nigeria. I'm yet to see a public secondry sch student who scores above 250 in jamb. Most of them are either into yahoo or prostitution.

undecided

I went to a public school, I wrote jamb in 2018 and scored 300, 2019 (due to a terrible network issue in my centre) I scored 240
Currently studying MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE @ University of Jos.

Most time it depends on the individual and the people around him/her.
My friend that attended School for the gifted scored 321 (2018 jamb) he's studying medicine now. so now you've seen someone who scored above 250.

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Lekan239(m): 1:54am On Jul 14, 2023
Cashio:
Nigerians did not get more intelligent in 2015. I think the result outcome started getting better from 2015 because of the introduction of computer based tests in place of the traditional ppt tests which were used in the previous years.
I think the computer based test and result marking corrected so many errors previously experienced during the years of Paper/pencil test.
Myself as a case study, I wrote jamb five times from 2011 to 2015 and my results were always poor between 2011 and 2014, except 2012 when I scored 212 despite being so sure I should have scored better.
Then in 2015, the CBT was introduced and the system changed and boom, I scored 253 despite scoring 191 the year before. This particular incident made it sure to me that something was wrong with the PPT marking system or that the individuals marking the scripts were totally incompetent because, how can I, after taking the first position in my class almost throughout my primary and secondary years be scoring 178, 176, 191, and 212 in jamb. Yes something was wrong and they corrected that with the introduction of CBT and that’s why you see students going as high is over 300.

cbt started in 2012/2013 I think. I think the marking scheme was reduced for both Jamb and waec 2015 upward.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:02am On Jul 14, 2023
9jaRealist:

Without prejudice to the rest of your post…

It’s only because they are Americans domiciled in America…
Looking at specific economic demographics, AAs are some of the WORST earners (even behind several immigrant communities).

Of course racism and its legacy (including systemic and institutional racism) remains a key factor…
Nonetheless, while 2018 average Nigerian household wealth in the US is $68K, African-American household wealth was $24K!
>
PS: Average white household wealth in the US (2019) was $188K.
>

Globally, sub-Saharan Africa has the highest number of poor people. Sub-Saharan Africa is home to the majority of black people in the world. Thus, blacks in sub-Saharan Africa constitute the highest number of poor blacks. When compared with Brazil which has the highest number of people with Japanese ancestry outside Japan, we can see that Japan has the richest set of people with Japanese ancestry. AAs are the richest set of blacks globally. I am comparing blacks to blacks across regions, not blacks to other races.

The average Nigerian household is a poor comparison because there are fewer Nigerians in the US than the native black population. Funny how Nigerians are richer than AAs in the US meanwhile, Nigeria has the most poor people in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0NsJ6RgJ0

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by godstino(m): 3:05am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
I saw this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/7752744/meet-highest-jamb-scorers-last) about the top scorers in JAMB in a decade, and as an admirer of academic excellence, I thought about where these scholars are today. The mini-research brought about interesting results, which I explained after the compilation.

Officially known as UTME, but popularly known as JAMB, the organising body. It is the exam Nigerian students write to gain admission into universities nationwide. For easy understanding, both JAMB and UTME will be used interchangeably. I could not find anything for some people, so it is stated as “nothing was found”. In few cases, I was not sure, so no definitive statement was stated. If you know such persons, kindly comment.

JAMB score is: /400

Arienmughare Oghenetega (296) is now a Doctor. Graduated with MBBS from the university of Benin in 2021.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Osanoghodua1: 3:05am On Jul 14, 2023
Absuchat:
Op you take style wipe Oraimo cord for those people from that side neck grin
At the end of this life, your tribe won't matter.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Cashio(m): 3:11am On Jul 14, 2023
Lekan239:
cbt started in 2012/2013 I think. I think the marking scheme was reduced for both Jamb and waec 2015 upward.
CBT started in 2015 sir. I between jamb from 2011-2014 and they were all PPT. 2015 was the only time I wrote CBT jamb.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by muhammedbilal(m): 3:12am On Jul 14, 2023
✅✅✅✅✅

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:12am On Jul 14, 2023
haybhi1:
Lol... don't be daft. Attended public schools all through my secondary. Never did anything at all with special centres, only scooped 4 Bs and 4 Cs. Had 303 in JAMB, 82% post jamb. Now in Unilorin studying MBBS. Were it not for the strikes, I'd have graduated.

Countless are in my class with better or top scores, yet graduands of public schools. The way you guys glorify private school sha, OP, Gerrard.59, is culpable, with some snide remarks on public universities...

Lol... if I tell you how many profs are lecturing me. If I tell how much the global achievement of these folks are. If I tell you how National bodies presidents, like federal Anatomy and Physiology topmost bodies, are some of my lecturers, underlining the degree of national and regional administrative academic leaders I'm open to learning from. If I tell you how high the standards are. If I tell you how private schools try to lure these people, yet they stay, and only do part-time with them.
If I tell you how many of my public schools-schooled friends, with high JAMB scores, are on fully-fledged scholarships overseas, including Harvard and Oxford - just check out Adebisi Yusuff https://www.nairaland.com/6401080/meet-adebisi-yusuff-adebayo-graduate (UI, Now Oxford, 2022), Animashaun (Unilorin, Now Harvard, 2023), Basicity, Teslim, and so on, and so forth. Check the heads of most public and private enterprises...

You guys feed too much on publicity and media puddings and make the conclusion public schools are spiraling down, looool... comedians...

On the contrary, I went to a public university. Heck, it was a state university. However, I kept an open mind regarding the progress of private universities and how they churned out first class graduates. I did not say a first class from CU is akin to a 2.1 from UNILAG. That is where I have the problem with those people. Just because CU convokes more first class graduates than UI does not mean she has poor quality. Besides, the increase has more to do with percentages rather than actual figures. Simply because private universities have fewer students than their public counterparts.

Kudos to those fellows. When the money plenty, I will dig into their profiles to answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:16am On Jul 14, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Can you do a study on the highest score any of these best students had in English. I had an argument that no one ever got above 80% in English. Even this year, the four best had less than 70% in English.

That would be a very narrow study, which I am neither fascinated or interested in. To be fair though, it is OK if they had low scores in English since all applied for STEM courses. Your request will be better suited if we want to assess the English JAMB scores of first class graduates in Law from selected universities. Now, that sounds interesting but still narrow. grin
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:23am On Jul 14, 2023
NuCypher:

Honestly, most of these highest scorers in Jamb took their exam in special centers. Many of them did not deservedly get those scores. Through the connivance of their parents and teachers, they get mercenaries to write these exams for them and end up getting really high scores. The true high scorers end up in the mid 200's, or much less than the highest scorers. This is why many of the supposed highest JAMB scorers end up as underperformers.

Honestly, this is a very embarrassing take from you. No evidence whatsoever, you just accused them of being cheaters. Rather than ask why do some of them fail when they head to the universities? What were their WASSCE grades even though they had high JAMB scores but a low CGPA? What about others, did they graduate with low CGPAs but had high JAMB scores?

When I took JAMB that year too, I had a friend from school who score around 310. I knew this guy was an average student, so I knew for sure that he took his exam in the special center. The highest scorer that year ended up maybe a few scores above than 310, so he could easily have been the highest scorer in JAMB. Of course, he was an average student and ended up unable to cope in University, eventually dropping out of school.

Just because your friend had 310 and you seem sure he cheated does not mean others cheated as well. How come some of these folks later got into top universities in the US? What were your friend's WASSCE grades? One of the scholars mentioned had a perfect SAT score in Physics. According to your analogy, he cheated too. Did Yinka Cheat as well? Someone who smashed SAT and IELTS? Let's assume she performs poorly in MIT, should we say she cheated in JAMB?

My aim is to check the academic performance over time across different levels of study and make a full judgement rather than using the concocted story of a friend to smear brilliant students from different schools across different parts of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:25am On Jul 14, 2023
justhenrii:

Ifeanyi Justus Akachukwu is currently a 500 level medical student at the University of Port Harcourt

Thank you.

cc: godstino
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Absuchat(m): 3:27am On Jul 14, 2023
TheGiftedOne:

Stu9id boy, I'm sure the list under this your comment surprised you. Typical 1diots like you aren't hard to identify. Your mates are on the list but you're here fanning the embers of tribalism. I would be condescending too low replying a scum like you, so bin whatever garbage you intend to reply me along with yourself before slamming the lid over your head.
inconsequential scums everywhere
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:28am On Jul 14, 2023
jumper524:
Waec body is highly compromised, miracle centers everywhere. Jamb still has high level of integrity.

Yet students who smashed WASSCE went on to perform very well in JAMB. That defeats your claim. As I posted, none of the students who smashed WAEC had less than 300 in JAMB. So, your claim is false. Your claim would be looked into if say, someone who smashed WAEC goes on to score very low in JAMB and graduates with a third class later on in the university, all things being equal.

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by mutvy: 3:32am On Jul 14, 2023
Did you know that high score in an exam does not mean that the person is a genius?
Go and find out.

2 Likes

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Gerrard59(m): 3:39am On Jul 14, 2023
ednut1:
Jamb is like a sprint. University and life is a marathon . I know someone who scored high in jamb and finished with 3rd class.

The answers to why that happened lie in his/her WASSCE grades and whether s/he liked the course s/he studied.

mutvy:
Did you know that high score in an exam does not mean that the person is a genius?
Go and find out.

It is why I am finding out now. This is the genesis of my finding out process. Besides, some of the scholars have demonstrated they are geniuses judging from their consistent progress over time.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by wman(m): 4:03am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59

Thank you for your hard work and efforts. This must have taken you a lot of time to compile.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by ubimagos: 4:56am On Jul 14, 2023
MMESOMA no make the list? We will not take this!

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by eepeepook: 4:57am On Jul 14, 2023
1. This is a very enlightening thread. I applaud the OP and the moderator who moved it to the front page.

2. Education is not everything. Like man can not live by bread alone, academic excellence is not all needed to survive. Indians and Chinese the world over are the most intelligent people in their fields. These people are very timid, socially awkward and non-athletic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by babyfaceafrica: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

On the contrary, I went to a public university. Heck, it was a state university. However, I kept an open mind regarding the progress of private universities and how they churned out first class graduates. I did not say a first class from CU is akin to a 2.1 from UNILAG. That is where I have the problem with those people. Just because CU convokes more first class graduates than UI does not mean she has poor quality. Besides, the increase has more to do with percentages rather than actual figures. Simply because private universities have fewer students than their public counterparts.

Kudos to those fellows. When the money plenty, I will dig into their profiles to answer my questions.

But getting first class in CU doesn't make the students better than those with 2.1 In unilag or UNN.. Does it?
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Unperturbedpota: 5:32am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
Additionally, Covenant University has risen up the ranks to be one of the country’s most preferred universities. This was a university that many ignorant Nigerians lampooned for producing too many “half baked” first class graduates. The humdrum and stoopid axiom of a first class from CU is equivalent to a 2.1 from UNILAG or OAU or let the first class from CU come to my university to repeat the feat, make I see how e go dey possible” was peddled recklessly. I mentioned here that Covenant University will be Nigeria’s Harvard where even diasporans will send their children to study as a way to understand Nigeria better. Although, the charismatic man behind it - Bishop Oyedepo - can be brash at times, but you see this Covenant University’s project of his? He deserves the accolades.

In 2017:

All secondary schools are equal, but some are more equal than others. Jephthah Schools, Ambassadors College, Loyola Jesuit, Graceland International Schools and the numerous Catholic-managed schools are good breeding grounds for academic excellence. I do understand that students from the likes of British International College, Grange Schools or the elite of elite secondary schools in Nigeria rarely write JAMB, but focus on SAT and IGSCE. However, I admire the earlier aforementioned schools for their academic excellence and moral upbringing. Ambassadors College and Loyola Jesuit tend to dominate WASSCE rankings, but that will require separate research on its own. For Ndi diasporans, I dare say Loyola Jesuit College is a better option than public and private schools in the US, Canada or UK or even Germany. The children get the academic knowledge, and moral upbringing (a boy is a boy and not the other way round) and they get to be amongst people who look like them during their nascent years. Generally, schools managed by the Catholic Church tend to be very good. This is a global phenomenon. Kudos to the Catholic Church.

The United States attracts the world’s best and brightest. No wonder she is the world’s greatest country. China, which I admire, tries but cannot try enough. The singular act of being able to get the best and brightest from all countries to study at your universities and participate in your economy is a bragging right and makes the US a superpower. The route to eventual naturalisation is tough though and it is a lottery system (https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how). Marriage is the surest path because, without it, you fit sabi book yet find yourself kicked out because you don’t have the right visa or passports (some passports are more equal than others in accessing the US labour market). For a Black African and I dare say Black person anywhere, the US is the best place to thrive and succeed financially. No wonder African Americans are the richest set of black people globally.

In 2017, there were conflicting reports about the highest scorers with Ariori Ibrahim Olabode coming top with 375, Iworiso Blessing coming behind with 316 and Felix-Ngige Chukwuebuka being the third at 315. Unfortunately, I could not find anything about them. Also, I am sceptical of the scores considering the gap between the first and second scorers. When compared to other years, the chasm is too wide. That said, the score by Ariori Ibrahim Olabode was shown to be false: https://www.nairaland.com/3820763/meet-16-year-old-boy

God bless Nigeria!

Guy you talk too much
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Scamwatcher: 5:59am On Jul 14, 2023
Enlightening.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by UnfairLife7(m): 6:01am On Jul 14, 2023
NuCypher:

Columbia University is different from Columbia College.

Honestly, most of these highest scorers in Jamb took their exam in special centers. Many of them did not deservedly get those scores. Through the connivance of their parents and teachers, they get mercenaries to write these exams for them and end up getting really high scores. The true high scorers end up in the mid 200's, or much less than the highest scorers. This is why many of the supposed highest JAMB scorers end up as underperformers.

When I took JAMB that year too, I had a friend from school who score around 310. I knew this guy was an average student, so I knew for sure that he took his exam in the special center. The highest scorer that year ended up maybe a few scores above than 310, so he could easily have been the highest scorer in JAMB. Of course, he was an average student and ended up unable to cope in University, eventually dropping out of school.
what are you saying guy? I have a cousin that score 301 in JAMB this year and hoping to study medicine. He's from a poor home. He attended public secondary school. I'm sure you know how public school teachers behave? They don't care about their students unlike private school. I disagree with your view. Some of these students are very good. Also, JAMB had reduced her standard.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by UnfairLife7(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2023
OriOko88:

Its still d same. U scored within 250 to 254. So what?? Gettat. Why can't u score above 300 like those private school students.
my cousin attended public school in Ogun state and scored 301 this year jamb. Hoping to study Medicine at UI
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by 9jaRealist: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
Globally, sub-Saharan Africa has the highest number of poor people. Sub-Saharan Africa is home to the majority of black people in the world. Thus, blacks in sub-Saharan Africa constitute the highest number of poor blacks. When compared with Brazil which has the highest number of people with Japanese ancestry outside Japan, we can see that Japan has the richest set of people with Japanese ancestry. AAs are the richest set of blacks globally. I am comparing blacks to blacks across regions, not blacks to other races.

The average Nigerian household is a poor comparison because there are fewer Nigerians in the US than the native black population. Funny how Nigerians are richer than AAs in the US meanwhile, Nigeria has the most poor people in the world.

You can blame that on Buhari and the APC… grin

Point is that because the US is the world’s richest-ever nation…
AAs in the US are generally the richest black folks because they earn American wages.

It’s essentially no different from average Nigerian household wealth in the US…
Which is significantly much higher than average Nigerian household wealth in Nigeria!

>
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by severee(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2023
Treasure17:
My name is not there op. So I declare the list invalid.
grin bloody obidient

1 Like

Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Wizygreat12: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2023
Why me that score 245 2008 back then also shocked :onow working with a life time contract in Europe Italy with a salary of 1600euro what a life we live in cool cool
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Karlifate: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2023
Englishisamust:
grin grin Only a mumu will tell you that education na scam...

Education has never been a scam.

The individuals only scammed themselves by attending a school & choosing a discipline just to be called a "graduate"

They fail to take accountability for their actions, hence the cliché.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by phemmyfour: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
I saw this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/7752744/meet-highest-jamb-scorers-last) about the top scorers in JAMB in a decade, and as an admirer of academic excellence, I thought about where these scholars are today. The mini-research brought about interesting results, which I explained after the compilation.

Officially known as UTME, but popularly known as JAMB, the organising body. It is the exam Nigerian students write to gain admission into universities nationwide. For easy understanding, both JAMB and UTME will be used interchangeably. I could not find anything for some people, so it is stated as “nothing was found”. In few cases, I was not sure, so no definitive statement was stated. If you know such persons, kindly comment.

JAMB score is: /400

LinkedIn isn't a reliable source to get info about Nigerians. Some would have dropped first/surname and adopted another. Except you are sure about the face, you might reading out a profile of a different personality.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Karlifate: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2023
Cashio:
Nigerians did not get more intelligent in 2015. I think the result outcome started getting better from 2015 because of the introduction of computer based tests in place of the traditional ppt tests which were used in the previous years.
I think the computer based test and result marking corrected so many errors previously experienced during the years of Paper/pencil test.
Myself as a case study, I wrote jamb five times from 2011 to 2015 and my results were always poor between 2011 and 2014, except 2012 when I scored 212 despite being so sure I should have scored better.
Then in 2015, the CBT was introduced and the system changed and boom, I scored 253 despite scoring 191 the year before. This particular incident made it sure to me that something was wrong with the PPT marking system or that the individuals marking the scripts were totally incompetent because, how can I, after taking the first position in my class almost throughout my primary and secondary years be scoring 178, 176, 191, and 212 in jamb. Yes something was wrong and they corrected that with the introduction of CBT and that’s why you see students going as high is over 300.

You remind of "parallax error" in Physics practical cheesy grin

Both Sec. School & Uni., I used them & also came across them often.
Re: Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today by Karlifate: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2023
wunmi590:

Kudos 👏 to you for sparing some of your precious time ⏲️ to make this research...

Based on your question, I still believe WAEC is a better yard stick to judge student brilliant prowess, because majority of these JAMB centre are miracle centre..

I'm not saying all of the JAMB candidates are into it, but I will also go for a better WAEC than a JAMB, JAMB is just four subject, while WAEC is nine subject, which comprises of both practical, theory and objective...

Some of my friend we graduated together never had a better JAMB score, but their. WAEC results were superb, they graduated 🎓 as the best student in our class

Good point of view 👍

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bizarre Photo Of Monkey 'Working' At A University In Taiwan Goes Viral / Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / Experiencing University Of Ibadan At Night (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.