Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East (2694 Views)

Shops Are Beginning To Spring UP In Lagos Blue Rail Stations / Urgent Message To Wise Nigerians! / #EndSARS Massacre: No evidence Pres. Buhari is listening to wise counsel —Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by enemybulldozer(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2023
Jagungidi:
Much welcomed news, let them go and eat each other in the east.
As if people no longer stay in SE. This una propaganda is becoming too much.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by gidgiddy: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2023
TimeMachine2:

Whataboutism is a weak form of rebuttals. Here I was thinking you are going to show me how people were chased away or killed because they are not indigenes as you premised, alas you ended up pulling a straw man's fallacy.

Thats to show how bad Nigeria has sunk

People are being killed all over the place, this one is more concerned with who sat at home

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by TimeMachine2: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2023
enemybulldozer:
TimeMachine2 and helinues are not living in SE yet, they want to finish SE with lies and propaganda they fabricated in their camp.
I have a vacation house in Awka for my second wife. When east was peaceful, I spend every Christmas with my in-laws there. I used to drive around mid night from her community to awka. So, please say what you want to say, but do not disrespect me.
I married her out of love and anger when a foolish boy insulted me on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Basic123: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2023
😆 😆

Just mouth!

What is the essense of thread?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Basic123: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2023
😆 😆

Just mouth!

What is the essense of thread?

We will come here next 5years to analyze how has lagos felt the impact so far
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by TimeMachine2: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

Thats to show how bad Nigeria has sunk

People are being killed all over the place, this one is more concerned with who sat at home
Mr man, do you understand that Nigeria is not one ? I am particularly worried about the southeast and people like you that keep lying all over the internet because my second wife is from anambra and my 3 beautiful kids from her visits their grandparents regularly. So, what's my business with what is happening in Jos or wherever? I have businesses across 5 states, and I adhere to the local laws and respect the culture of my hosts communities and support their candidate of choice during election.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by stacyadams: 9:14am On Jul 14, 2023
TimeMachine2:

Please give me an example of such place, be holistic.
..Lagos state....when mc oluomo threatened the Ibos during election

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Cooly100: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2023
TimeMachine2:
Which east ? Stop deluding yourself. Just mention a single billionaire business man living in any part of the traditional 5 South Eastern states and I will give you a million naira. Even the so called meeting amongst ibo elders is done outside the southeast. Obi china lives in lagos, the shameless Kenneth Okonkwo rants from his lagos abode while evil twin psaure and that old fool charlie boy can't last 5 minutes in the east. Every other prominent person from southeast have moved to asaba or elsewhere.
Southeast is the most hopeless place to live at the moment, far beneath desolate places like Zamfara or Boko haram states.

How much new blood is added in your veins with these high level of lies. deceit and propaganda...?

Na wahooo.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by franchasofficia: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Funny.
What a cheap propaganda.
It is not a propaganda. I personally have some lands around Ajah and Ibeju lekki, but after the last election, I can't see myself developing them. In fact, as a matter of fact, all my lands in Lagos are up for sale since April though I haven't gotten good offers.

My brother that's into real estate on the Island; he builds and sell....has put up more than 8 different lands he has for sale on the Island, and he said the rate of selling properties (finished buildings on the Island) have dropped unlike some years back, so he is gradually expanding into other businesses outside Lagos.

I have friends who live abroad (US, Germany, Korea, etc) that have been telling me how they plan to acquire a property in Lagos this year, but since the last election, they said God forbid. One have already bought massive land in Owerri, Awka and planning to start building before the year runs out, the only thing discouraging him now is the insecurity in southeast.

The second friend have started investing in Abuja as we speak, be said Lagos is too toxic, that he won't even be landing in Lagos like before any longer whenever he is coming back to Nigeria.

If you ask people into real estate in Lagos, they will tell you that the tribal attacks on Igbos in lagos during the last election has affected the real estate business. Its a gradual process, the message is spreading among Igbos.

I can never encourage any friend or relative to invest in real estate in Lagos again like I do encourage them before 2023.

Though its nothing for now, but gradually the impact will be felt cos the message is being spread by Igbos, one at a time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by BentizilL2: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2023
[quote author=DatNiggaDaz post=124409668][/quote]
Mention one prominent man that say Ilorin is not a Yorubaland... Infact I've never met a person from Ilorin that denied being Yoruba, even those crossbreed that went to same school with me in Edo claim Yoruba...

Anything that happen in Ilorin is religion intolerance among same people, stop giving it ethnic colouration.. It makes you sound dumb... 💯
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by XerXers: 11:24am On Jul 14, 2023
This is why that are sponsoring propaganda against SE. IPOB agitation has been on for long. Sit at home has been around for many years. There is nothing new now except hightened media propaganda. The gradual decline of Lagos has started and no propaganda can stop it. These things don't happen overnight but the long term impact are great

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Maazieze(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]owo massacre initiators have been apprehended and chilling in prison this present moment. The difference it makes in Southwest is that you can hardly do crime and go Scot free. Stop regurgitating this narrative as if it is fresh,I guess whenever issues come up for the next 20 years,that will be your perpetual response. You are making it look like nursery rhymes already[color=#770077]

https://tribuneonlineng.com/kidnappers-back-on-the-beat-in-south-west-launch-renewed-attacks/

Here is more recent news if that suites you, the South west is lucky to have Amotekun, but the proliferation of non-state actors acting as security guarantor's doesn't bode for the countries future stability as you can see in the east, (which i remind is still overblown compared to the security situation elsewhere and the army has failed to fill the niche, if that is not adressed, more ESN like groups could appear not just in the south east but across the country as civilians try to defend themselves)

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by SOSinNigeria: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
aswani:
This is welcome news all round. Lagos property prices are well out of control.

The more people that leave to go to other places, the better.

Hopefully those places they are going to can cope with the influx of people and property price increases will be steady.

Lol, you don't even understand how economics work. If there is significant reduced investments in Lagos property market I.e. land and buildings, rents will skyrocket. You will end up paying 200,000 for a dirty 'face me I slap you' room. When new houses are not being built, there would be increased pressure on existing ones and thus increase in rents.

Secondly, slums will appear everywhere as desperation pushes people into living in ghettos since houses are either unavailable or too expensive.

Thirdly, the property sector in Lagos will crash. No one will be will be willing to sell lands they bought for 20 million at the rate of 10 million because that's what the few interested buyers are pricing. Even other non Igbo investors will run away from Lagos since there is no guaranteed reasonable ROI. These investors will now move to other places in Nigeria like Abuja, SE and SS.

The multiplier effect will see Lagos decline since no one will want to live in slums or forced to pay 1 million naira for a one bedroom flat.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by SOSinNigeria: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
franchasofficia:
It is not a propaganda. I personally have some lands around Ajah and Ibeju lekki, but after the last election, I can't see myself developing them. In fact, as a matter of fact, all my lands in Lagos are up for sale since April though I haven't gotten good offers.

My brother that's into real estate on the Island; he builds and sell....has put up more than 8 different lands he has for sale on the Island, and he said the rate of selling properties (finished buildings on the Island) have dropped unlike some years back, so he is gradually expanding into other businesses outside Lagos.

I have friends who live abroad (US, Germany, Korea, etc) that have been telling me how they plan to acquire a property in Lagos this year, but since the last election, they said God forbid. One have already bought massive land in Owerri, Awka and planning to start building before the year runs out, the only thing discouraging him now is the insecurity in southeast.

The second friend have started investing in Abuja as we speak, be said Lagos is too toxic, that he won't even be landing in Lagos like before any longer whenever he is coming back to Nigeria.

If you ask people into real estate in Lagos, they will tell you that the tribal attacks on Igbos in lagos during the last election has affected the real estate business. Its a gradual process, the message is spreading among Igbos.

I can never encourage any friend or relative to invest in real estate in Lagos again like I do encourage them before 2023.

Though its nothing for now, but gradually the impact will be felt cos the message is being spread by Igbos, one at a time

I have a cousin who works as nurse in a US penitentiary. She wanted to buy five plots of land in Lagos for a mini estate. However, I warned her seriously about what is going on in Lagos. About violent attacks on Igbos and envious plans to reclaim Igbo properties in Lagos by Yorubas. She stated she wasn't even aware of all these issues until now. I convinced her to buy in Owerri. She bought the 5 plots there @13 million per plot.

Lagos loss has become SE and Abuja gain.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by XerXers: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Lol, you don't even understand how economics work. If there is significant reduced investments in Lagos property market I.e. land and buildings, rents will skyrocket. You will end up paying 200,000 for a dirty 'face me I slap you' room. When new houses are not being built, there would be increased pressure on existing ones and thus increase in rents.

Secondly, slums will appear everywhere as desperation pushes people into living in ghettos since houses are either unavailable or too expensive.

Thirdly, the property sector in Lagos will crash. No one will be will be willing to sell lands they bought for 20 million at the rate of 10 million because that's what the few interested buyers are pricing. Even other non Igbo investors will run away from Lagos since there is no guaranteed reasonable ROI. These investors will now move to other places in Nigeria like Abuja, SE and SS.

The multiplier effect will see Lagos decline since no one will want to live in slums or forced to pay 1 million naira for a one bedroom flat.

Abuja has overtaken Lagos in domestic flights since 2019 with Owerri growing fast. This happened unnoticed. It's a sign of shifting middle class population SE

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Queenslander(f): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
TimeMachine2:

I have a vacation house in Awka for my second wife. When east was peaceful, I spend every Christmas with my in-laws there. I used to drive around mid night from her community to awka. So, please say what you want to say, but do not disrespect me.
I married her out of love and anger when a foolish boy insulted me on this forum.

LyingMachine1 😭

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by horsepower102: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
XerXers:

Abuja has overtaken Lagos in domestic flights since 2019 with Owerri growing fast. This happened unnoticed. It's a sign of shifting middle class population SE

One day the same “go back to your village” people will be posting promotional videos for igbos to come invest. Don’t worry. Things will change soon.
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by mankand(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
Which south east? Or you sre talking about those closing their businesses in the south east for Delta State and Rivers State!
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by aswani(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

I doubt your prophecy of doom for Lagos will ever happen but if it does, I look forward to watching Obidients dancing like David danced.

Lagos needs decongesting and quickly.

Pátápátá, Yoruba and other non Igbo will migrate to the heavenly Eastern Region and tag them "No man's land" . Who knows maybe an APC governor who speaks fluent Yoruba and little or no igbo. Nutin spoil.
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Yorubafather: 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
TimeMachine2:
Which east ? Stop deluding yourself. Just mention a single billionaire business man living in any part of the traditional 5 South Eastern states and I will give you a million naira. Even the so called meeting amongst ibo elders is done outside the southeast. Obi china lives in lagos, the shameless Kenneth Okonkwo rants from his lagos abode while evil twin psaure and that old fool charlie boy can't last 5 minutes in the east. Every other prominent person from southeast have moved to asaba or elsewhere.
Southeast is the most hopeless place to live at the moment, far beneath desolate places like Zamfara or Boko haram states.

Stop commenting on what you know nothing about because you are actually exposing your illiteracy here.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by 2mch(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Always announcing that they are leaving but we no see the one way traffic night or morning buses going to the East.
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by XerXers: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
aswani:

I doubt your prophecy of doom for Lagos will ever happen but if it does, I look forward to watching Obidients dancing like David danced.

Pátápátá, Yoruba and other non Igbo will migrate to the heavenly Eastern Region and tag them "No man's land" . Who knows maybe an APC governor who speaks fluent Yoruba and little or no igbo. Nutin spoil.
You are welcome but we will beat you in everything hands down. We beat you in your backyard with all unfair advantage how do you think you can come over here?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by XerXers: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
2mch:
Always announcing that they are leaving but we no see the one way traffic night or morning buses going to the East.
You think it will happen suddenly? Wait for next 20 years before the signs become too obvious for you to deny again

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by aswani(m): 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
XerXers:

You are welcome but we will beat you in everything hands down. We beat you in your backyard with all unfair advantage how do you think you can come over here?

First off, no Obidient beat me in anything.

Secondly, that's the beauty of politics. Once upon a time, PDP was ontop, look at them now, standing outside in the rain while President Tinubu is Lord and master of all he surveys.

But I appreciate the welcome sha

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by a4cube: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

I have a cousin who works as nurse in a US penitentiary. She wanted to buy five plots of land in Lagos for a mini estate. However, I warned her seriously about what is going on in Lagos. About violent attacks on Igbos and envious plans to reclaim Igbo properties in Lagos by Yorubas. She stated she wasn't even aware of all these issues until now. I convinced her to buy in Owerri. She bought the 5 plots there @13 million per plot.

Lagos loss has become SE and Abuja gain.
I was around b4 during and after election. Before the election I went to see some plots at Epute after sangotedo, like I know the out come of the election already, after seeing the land I told the guy to wait after the election. The guy called me 2 days after election to ask if am still interested? I asked him if he is in my shoes right now will he buy the land? I heard a deep breathe b4 he said well things are not that bad everything will settle down with time. I told him that I should wait when things settled down then. Yesterday he sent me "Good Afternoon Boss".

Another one at Elerengbe same thing.

Business and enlighten Yorubas know that the behaviour of some touts and their political sponsors dented the image of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by SOSinNigeria: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2023
aswani:

grin grin
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by princeemma69: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
TimeMachine2:
the problem is you and your family do not even have the 1 million. Innoson, Coscharis, Emeka Ofor, etc are living in the southeast
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by anungangampu: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
This is why the outcry to release Nnamdi Kanu is going around among the elites. Many Igbos want to invest home. The days of Lagos being a rallying ground is over.
It's fast circulating. We see those building anything in Lagos as Mumu. This message is gradually spreading.
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by gidgiddy: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
anungangampu:
This is why the outcry to release Nnamdi Kanu is going around among the elites. Many Igbos want to invest home. The days of Lagos being a rallying ground is over.
It's fast circulating. We see those building anything in Lagos as Mumu. This message is gradually spreading.

The days of investing in Lagos by Igbos have come to an end, thats why the are now buying up lands to build huge estates in the East
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by AuschwitzPrefec: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
horsepower102:

My guy this is no propaganda. Please speak to any real estate agent especially ones in lekki areas. It’s been a struggle since this election.

Also news from yesterday shows that even diaspora remittances is significantly down for Nigeria based on data from first half of this year.

Election have consequences.

Then who is complaining ?

The entire point was to let them concentrate on their region .
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by Icejayz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Queenslander:

LyingMachine1 😭
A f**liah liar like you calling someone lying machine? wonders
Re: Igbos Are Beginning To Wise Up And Invest In The East by ebufa: 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
TimeMachine2:

when Biafra comes, you will need a visa to come over.........una wahala dey too much! That is if it is true,Yoruba men have a fetish for Igbo women!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Million British People Have Less Than £100 Pounds In Their Accounts / I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu / Who Is More Proficient In English - Dame Jonathan Or Rita Koko Mansion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.