Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT (25294 Views)

60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Satazaa: 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The doctors that left aren't being replaced yet the NUC allow some govt funded schools maintain useless departments when health scientists are needed at tenfold the current rate. No planning whatsoever. I saw a video about Germany needing 40,000 skilled workers every year in the years ahead to close the gap of their dwindling workforce. They know their education system is expensive and so look towards Africa but over here we pretend as if our mini medical science department are adequate for us. SMH.
true, I read it too and they are actually relaxing thier country very strict immigration laws in order to attract skilled workforce so while we are undergoing skilled workers crisis they are attracting and retaining them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by CodeTemplar: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Satazaa:
true, I read it too and they are actually relaxing thier country very strict immigration laws in order to attract skilled workforce so while we are undergoing skilled workers crisis they are attracting and retaining them
The govt keep subsidizing theatre arts and law department of huge sizes at the expense of what is crucially needed locally and internationally. I wonder what kind of continent Africa is.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Dancebreaker: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Beremx:
A doctor attending to over 80 patients? With the level of migration of our doctors, patients will be the one treating one another

It is well o!
Anybody whose granddad is a herbalist should hurry to learn the craft from him before he exits. Because soon, trado-medical centres will take the place of medical doctors due to Japaology.
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by batistutajulio: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Obakoolex:

Back to sender
Me I don't want whahala
You can share it with your household

Next time, be careful.
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Kudman: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
emitsu123:
please which one is EFCC SCUML again

Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering. It is compulsory for certain businesses. Use the contact form for more enquiries.
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
froxydydx:
If you need a fairly good health care at an affordable rate, jejely locate any military hospital around you and register your family. Military medical facilities (army, navy & air force) got no time for your money. Their doctors doesn't japa because they are military men and women.
That's a bloody lie, especially if you're a civilian. It's civilian money that runs those hospitals cos Healthcare for the military is free
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by akaahs(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jman06:
Too bad. I don't just know why some of these hospitals will not employ. We have many healthcare workers who are willing to to take up jobs in Nigeria. All the government needs is to work on the management system of these hospitals by ensuring that astute and unbiased ADMINISTRATORS manage the hospitals. With good management, these hospitals will generate more than enough funds to pay any number of professionals they employ and still remit large sums to government coffers.

I'm of a strong opinion that the management of all hospitals should be left in the hands of administrators not those in the same medical line. They should focus on the aspectof health while the administrators focus on administration.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by spiceadole: 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
Beremx:
A doctor attending to over 80 patients? With the level of migration of our doctors, patients will be the one treating one another

It is well o!

When I worked in a govt hospital in Rivers state..If I attend to less than 60 patients a day,it means I didn't do anything that day

I was always worn out.
Glad I relocated abroad ooh.

I honestly feel bad for sick people in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Beremx(f): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
spiceadole:

When I worked in a govt hospital in Rivers state..If I attend to less than 60 patients a day,it means I didn't do anything that day

I was always worn out.
Glad I relocated abroad ooh.

I honestly feel bad for sick people in Nigeria
Chai!! I'm happy for you. It is well with Nigeria
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Thewesterner(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Deeprooted:
After the declaration of state of emergency in the agricultural sector, our health sector needs such immediate attention.

I was in a public health center in the federal capital territory and my experience was not good.

First is the attitude of the health workers. These people need to be given orientation on how to relate with people. They insult patients, very rude and lack empathy.

Secondly, my perspective changed when I see the level of work these guys were handling. A single doctor on call attending to 83 patients! The doctors and nurses are obviously worn out, hence their attitude ( not a justification though)

I sheded tears for 3 children brought in but could not get the attention of the doctor because she was clearly tired and completely worn out. She was the only one in the entire Emergency Paediatric Unit (EPU).

I then saw why most of my doctor friends left the country.

If you're healthy, you don't know what God is doing for you.

More health workers are urgently needed but I was informed that no new doctors were employed in the last few years back despite the departure of most consultants from the country.

Pray you don't fall sick!
Currently facing the same woe at one of the FMCs in Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by DrDunamis(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Deeprooted:
After the declaration of state of emergency in the agricultural sector, our health sector needs such immediate attention.

I was in a public health center in the federal capital territory and my experience was not good.

First is the attitude of the health workers. These people need to be given orientation on how to relate with people. They insult patients, very rude and lack empathy.

Secondly, my perspective changed when I see the level of work these guys were handling. A single doctor on call attending to 83 patients! The doctors and nurses are obviously worn out, hence their attitude ( not a justification though)

I sheded tears for 3 children brought in but could not get the attention of the doctor because she was clearly tired and completely worn out. She was the only one in the entire Emergency Paediatric Unit (EPU).

More health workers are urgently needed but I was informed that no new doctors were employed in the last few years back despite the departure of most consultants from the country.

Now you know...
It takes a lot to train to become a doctor and then the government tries to bully you after such struggles and sacrifices with peanuts as pay and ungodly regulations and laws
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Ay04z(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
[quote author= post=124412405]What a terrible sad thread, Is Here [/quote lolz..... U sha like bad news.... grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by Jman06(m): 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
akaahs:

I'm of a strong opinion that the management of all hospitals should be left in the hands of administrators not those in the same medical line. They should focus on the aspectof health while the administrators focus on administration.
Exactly
Re: My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT by PaulH07: 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Deeprooted:

The FG is still planning on no work no pay, and possibly eventually sacking the remaining Doctors that are planning on going on total strike soon.

Na to dey expedite my Japa plans remain so...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr Quick Herbal Capsules And Freeflow Herbal Are For Male And Female Infertility / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus / FG Bars Corpses Of Nigerians From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.