Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides (3152 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / EFCC Ready To Probe Jonathan, His Ministers And Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by HighChief4(m): 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2011
How Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge, Aides’

MEMBERS of the Ogun State House of Assembly Committee on Land Matters heard yesterday how choice landed property in the highbrow Ibara, Abeokuta, the state capital, were allocated to a Federal High Court Judge and aides to the former Governor Gbenga Daniel.

The plots, allocated between 2008 and May this year, were given out at give-away prices.

The committee may invite the former governor to appear before it over the matter.

General Manager of the Housing Corporation, Mr. Anthony Ladega, who appeared before the Committee, which began a probe into the sales of landed properties under the guise of Ibara Urban Renewal Scheme, said no fewer than 160 plot of lands were allocated to cronies of Daniel.

Ladega also alleged that the Housing Corporation  allocated 108 hectares at Ogere, valued at N450 million to a private university almost at no cost to the institution.

Addressing reporters, Committee Chairman Remmy Hassan, who read  the document by Ladega alleged that former controversial Speaker, Soyemi Coker,  the deputy Governorship candidate of the Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN) during the last election, Mrs Jokotade Odebunmi had a hand in the deals.

Others mentioned in the controversial land deals included Daniel’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Isiaq Salako, the  Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Otemolu Adepegba, former Chairman, Ewekoro Local Government, Iskilu Makinde, former Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Housing, Ayo Von and former Chairman Abeokuta South Local Government, Yanju Lipede.

Hassan hinted that the former governor might be invited to defend his alleged action. 

Hassan said:  “The former governor does not have any immunity. When he had immunity, maybe there were constitutional constraints, but as at today, he does not have.

“If he has questions to answer, he will be called. And if he is not ready to come, the relevant sections of the Constitution would be invoked and he will be brought here.

“The foundation was faulty and it cannot stand, because of the irregularities in the deal. Imagine somebody gets allocation of land worth  N12.7 million for N1.2 million, two days after the controversial judgment was delivered.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/22010-ndlea-dg-advises-officers.html
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2011
He sold everything in ogun state including olumo rock .can you imagine ?
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by doctokwus: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2011
Some of dis pple crying foul now where dey not in office when Daniel was doing all d rubbish,what did dey do?Nothing.Now dat d man is out of power,everyone is claiming holier than thou.Even d top heads in d housing dpt,where dey not d pple dat signed d land deals,now he is out,dey want to exempt themselves and allign with d govt in power;bunch of annoying,disgraceful human beings fit only for d deepest dungeons known to man;to imagine dese clowns live amongts human beings is hard to fathom.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Beaf: 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
doctokwus:

Some of dis pple crying foul now where dey not in office when Daniel was doing all d rubbish,what did dey do?Nothing.Now dat d man is out of power,everyone is claiming holier than thou.Even d top heads in d housing dpt,where dey not d pple dat signed d land deals,now he is out,dey want to exempt themselves and allign with d govt in power;bunch of annoying,disgraceful human beings fit only for d deepest dungeons known to man;to imagine dese clowns live amongts human beings is hard to fathom.

Its sad, but thats what happens at the downfall of a corrupt person. All their "friends" run away.
I don't see how Gbenga Daniels will not spend a period in jail.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by ugotuf(m): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2011
doctokwus:

THESE SAME PEOPLE WILL FAITHFULLY SERVE LUCIFER PROVIDED THEIR JOBS ARE GUARANTEED.THEY ARE CALLED BIGOTS AND POLITICAL PROS*****TES. grin grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Xfactoria: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Do you know how daft that sounds? Even if someone told you that, won't you know that is an outright falsehood?? He concessioned the management of Olumo Rock. He didn't sell it.

Now about the lands allocated at give away prices, that is arguable. Government cannot sell lands at commercial prices, and there is no price caveat on sale of properties in the state. What is reasonable as a price is debatable. In the case of the school, government could ask for a meager amount to be paid as a way of encouraging the school to be cited in the state.

All these are flimsy reasons to hang Gbenga Daniel. I am sure the guy stole bastard money. If they want to hang him, they should do a proper investigation into the financial dealings of his administration and stop wasting our precious time on politics of vendetta.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by atasteve: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2011
X-factoria:

Do you know how daft that sounds? Even if someone told you that, won't you know that is an outright falsehood?? He concessioned the management of Olumo Rock. He didn't sell it.

Now about the lands allocated at give away prices, that is arguable. Government cannot sell lands at commercial prices, and there is no price caveat on sale of properties in the state. What is reasonable as a price is debatable. In the case of the school, government could ask for a meager amount to be paid as a way of encouraging the school to be cited in the state.

All these are flimsy reasons to hang Gbenga Daniel. I am sure the guy stole bastard money. If they want to hang him, they should do a proper investigation into the financial dealings of his administration and stop wasting our precious time on politics of vendetta.

I quite agree with you.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 07, 2011
X-factoria:

Excuse me please, can you explain to us why government cannot sell land at commercial prices to government officials? Yes, government can sell at give-away prices to intending businessmen or investors, but how many of these lands were sold for that purpose? In case you've not noticed, the land has been sold to government cronies. Are these people buying the land for the purpose of investment or for private use? Is this not a means of "rewarding" them for their "loyalty" to their "oga"?

Left to me, this is another reason why the Land Use Decree of the military era must be repealed.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Soskid(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2011
EFCC is toothless, they can only bark but cannot bite. what happened to those that were earlier arrested. it is quite disheartening to note that virtually everything in Nigeria have been politicized.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by RickyRoss1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2011
I WAS IN OGUN STATE DURING AND AFTER THE OCTOBER 1ST CELEBRATIONS I COULDN'T BELIEVE THIS STATE IS SO BACKWARD LIKE THIS, THERE WAS TOTAL BLACKOUT FOR TWO DAYS IN THE ENTIRE CITY, ALMOST ALL HOUSES AND BUILDINGS IN THIS STATE CAPITAL ARE OLD AS IF YOU ARE IN THE 7TH CENTURY, ALL THE ROADS BAD,
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Xfactoria: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
HNosegbe:

Excuse me please, can you explain to us why government cannot sell land at commercial prices to government officials? Yes, government can sell at give-away prices to intending businessmen or investors, but how many of these lands were sold for that purpose? In case you've not noticed, the land has been sold to government cronies. Are these people buying the land for the purpose of investment or for private use? Is this not a means of "rewarding" them for their "loyalty" to their "oga"?

Left to me, this is another reason why the Land Use Decree of the military era must be repealed.

Guy, there is no law guiding the sale price of government lands. I bought a land from FCT Abuja Municipal Area Council at a price that would seem ridiculous when viewed with the price at which some people bought the same size of land in that location from a third party.  Similarly, I applied and got allocation for a land in Igbogbo Ikorodu from Lagos State government at almost a token compared to what Omo Onile will ask for the same plot of land. If you have been buying land from government, you will understand better. Government direct allocation is always difficult because you have to know someone and you need information. You don't have to be a civil servant, you only need information. I'm sure some individuals who OGD didn't know from Adam would also have benefitted because they had information and they applied through the "right people". Whatever those people do with the lands is non of government business. I am sure members of the House of Assembly were angry at the fact that they were excluded from the land allocation despite their privileged positions. Those who got OGD's allocation for the lands were citizens of Ogun State and qualify for it in every sense whether they are cronies or not.

About purpose, the lands in question are in Ibara, Abeokuta and I know that almost all of that area has been reserved for development of residential houses/Estate developments. Government is not in the business of lands to make money but to control development basically. So they are not always about the prices of the lands but about the use. Go and ask the last set of legislators in Ogun State how much they paid to go with their official vehicles and how much were those vehicles actually worth. You will get a better understanding from there.

Like I said earlier, this is a distraction. They should go after the billions the guy looted.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Gbenge77(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2011
Reports have it that he has been deserted by his friends .
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by shollymata(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
X-factoria: Your explanations show you have a good understanding of the land use act and even the politics of EFCC. How can OGD be arrested or summoned for allocating/selling a piece of land that will bolster Educational development in his state. LBS was a concession and how much did they pay? It is at the prerogative of the Ministry in charge of lands, sanctioned by the governor to make provision of land for such use.

That being said, i see this as a gimmick by EFCC to design an arrest and a subsequent release of OGD. Or how can you explain someone who has obviously mismanaged FUNDS incredibly without any meaningful development, being summoned for sale of land. Is he the commissioner in charge of lands? Arrest the man for more tenable and cogent reasons.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by arsenefc: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

At least, we thank god, he didnt sell you.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by sashash(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
Well about tym som1 hold som1 responsible for the economic rot that ogun state is finding itself right now
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by ektbear: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by arsenefc: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
From internet pictures, yes it is gorgeous.

but errrrrr

Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by ektbear: 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
I didn't want to put the pic in directly; no need to become another Musiwa.

I kinda want to take 3 months and just travel around the SW taking pictures.

Skyscrapercity.com has all these gorgeous pictures of Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, and even my capital Ado Ekiti.

Really a gorgeous piece of earth, the SW.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
X-factoria:

Gbenga consessioned olumo rock for 25 years to a company that was linked to him and you said it was cooked up to bring him down ? You must be out of your mind !
arsenefc:

At least, we thank god, he didnt sell you.

For where ? Gbenga knew people he can oppress and i'm not one of them.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by arsenefc: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^^

You should also go to the "hinterland" where we both grew up. Nice ancient city, with incredible historical buildings and cultural practices.
Re: Gbenga Daniel Allocated Choice Lands To Judge And Aides by arsenefc: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Gbenga consessioned olumo rock for 25 years to a company that was linked to him and you said it was cooked up to bring him down ? You must be out of your mind !

You are talking about Gateway Holdings, owned by Daniel and Kaka?

Thats exactly what BAT is doing in Lagos, Osun and other ACN states.

Odili did the same thing, selling tax-payers properties to their private companies

BTW, why are you mad, do you even pay taxes? And you are from Ondo, not Ogun. Wetin consain you?

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Presidential Pardon For Major Hamza Almustapha / In Ogun South West Nigeria, People Eat Live, & Trade In The Midst Of Dirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.