Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos (3158 Views)

Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by geeez: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2012
I see this statistics being brandished all over Nairaland by a few illusioned people. The Lagos State Government is a very transparent one and you can check through the records at the Lands Bureau. To even say they own or control 20% of Lagos will be a generous overstatement.

I want to ask where the Igbos were when the Western region with Ibadan as its capital was Nigeria's most progressive region. Even today, Yorubas still control the economy of Lagos. If you are objective enough, you can look through records at the Inland Revenue Service and decipher for yourself which companies pay the most taxes to the LASG and which people control them.

If truly you're as industrious as you claim, how come the SE is a poorly developed region? How come the GDP of Oyo State is higher than that of any south eastern state? I will admit that Igbos are the Lords of trading in Lagos but the question is, how much does trading as a business generate in these days of e-commerce with online banking making international trade more seamless than ever?

How is buying and selling an intellectual bragging right? Anyway like Prof. Achebe admitted, they are a bunch of arrogant, loud, conceited and I must add illusioned set of people. I've met some Igbo people that have proved otherwise but majority of the ones I come across are just an exact replica of these ones online.

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2012
go suck some igbo ass hole or drink otapiapia and die like your master did you no little thing una don commit sucide is very common with yorubas..

i get am yesterday no be achievement,the question is what have yoropes contributed in Nigeria? una leave cocoa alone dey eye oyela yeye people..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2012
@@@@@

The Lagos State Government is a very transparent one and you can check through the records at the Lands Bureau. To even say they own or control 20% of Lagos will be a generous overstatement.

really?
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2012
lagos economy is not run by yorubas

lagos seaport is not run by yoropes

lagos infrastructural the funds did not come from any yorope state

most businesses in lagos is not run by yoropes

but they claim lagos as if they are the-ones that used their papa money to develop am bloody ingrates

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2012
@@@@

If truly you're as industrious as you claim, how come the SE is a poorly developed region?

right next time they talk about upgrading the Enugu airport to world class i can only hope ur anxiety shouldnt destory u finally

instead wasting money to send prostitute to mid-east that money should be used to encourage innovation from Nnewi; Aba; Onitsha

and then the sea port in Ontisha should be enough to accommodate freight and consignment straight from off-set with all the federal roads upgrade to solidity

and by the way we will love to know how much the Igbo contribute towards the so called gpd in Oyo
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by ACM10: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2012
geeez: I see this statistics being brandished all over Nairaland by a few illusioned people. The Lagos State Government is a very transparent one and you can check through the records at the Lands Bureau. To even say they own or control 20% of Lagos will be a generous overstatement.

I want to ask where the Igbos were when the Western region with Ibadan as its capital was Nigeria's most progressive region. Even today, Yorubas still control the economy of Lagos. If you are objective enough, you can look through records at the Inland Revenue Service and decipher for yourself which companies pay the most taxes to the LASG and which people control them.

If truly you're as industrious as you claim, how come the SE is a poorly developed region? How come the GDP of Oyo State is higher than that of any south eastern state? I will admit that Igbos are the Lords of trading in Lagos but the question is, how much does trading as a business generate in these days of e-commerce with online banking making international trade more seamless than ever?

How is buying and selling an intellectual bragging right? Anyway like Prof. Achebe admitted, they are a bunch of arrogant, loud, conceited and I must add illusioned set of people. I've met some Igbo people that have proved otherwise but majority of the ones I come across are just an exact replica of these ones online.
I thought that you will furnish us with the official statistics and raw facts to back up your assertion; but you only succeeded in making claims based on your emotional state.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2012
ACM10:
I thought that you will furnish us with the official statistics and raw facts to back up your assertion; but you only succeeded in making claims based on your emotional state.
the bigot is losing it slowly..
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by takedat(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Da infamous: lagos economy is not run by yorubas

but they claim lagos as if they are the-ones that used their papa money to develop am bloody ingrates

If out of foolishness ascribed to your tribe you chose to develop Lagos at the detriment of your region why lay your anguish on the Yorubas.

The last time I checked there was no Ibo man listed in Forbes yearly report. Adenuga and Otedola two of the three listed billionaires have companies in Lagos that pays heavy tax than any Ibo owned establishment.

If the hate of Yoruba is heating you up the earlier you jump inside the lagoon the better

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Akshow: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
Da infamous: lagos economy is not run by yorubas

you sound like a broken record. Retarded dim wit. Continue developin Lagos as you claim we will continue rulin you, dominatin you, using your tax to develop our state. When naija divide, uproot your biz and take it to aba you senseless swine. Lagos is and will continue to be ruled, controlled and dominaTed by yorubas. So idio.t inyamiri Igbo abi na ebo continue flockin your lineage to Lagos. Its your small London in the east. Bigoted tribalistics low life.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^^ok
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
@@@@@@@@@

If out of foolishness ascribed to your tribe you chose to develop Lagos at the detriment of your region why lay your anguish on the Yorubas.

The last time I checked there was no Ibo man listed in Forbes yearly report. Adenuga and Otedola two of the three listed billionaires have companies in Lagos that pays heavy tax than any Ibo owned establishment.

If the hate of Yoruba is heating you up the earlier you jump inside the lagoon the bette

ezikwo? really really realllllllllllllllly?

ask Brent council how much tax accrue from small and medium buiznesses

anuofia!
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
Akshow: you sound like a broken record. Retarded dim wit. Continue developin Lagos as you claim we will continue rulin you, dominatin you, using your tax to develop our state. When naija divide, uproot your biz and take it to aba you senseless swine. Lagos is and will continue to be ruled, controlled and dominaTed by yorubas. So idio.t inyamiri Igbo abi na ebo continue flockin your lineage to Lagos. Its your small London in the east. Bigoted tribalistics low life.
no be for mouth naah una no get liver
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
take dat:

If the hate of Yoruba is heating you up the earlier you jump inside the lagoon the better
adenuga and adetola
A)IBB =OGA adenuga house boy remeber that am the investor/stakeholder in your company!

B)Adetola sir OGA SIR. Jonathan how much you dey contribute from our oil wey u dey suck from lagos?ok from now on u have to suck my balls, i go use you set aboki up after all una second name na (betray) nigeria go understand! if u no wan make i use EFCC grin grin
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Akshow: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
Da infamous: no be for mouth naah una no get liver
Na you wey de Lagos de do boy boy for yorubas develop Lagos get liver? Abi Na you wey hausa man don turn to suya meat de kill anyHow get liver? Gbo answer me. Na you wey Because of your evil and wicked tendencies south south people no gree look your face Na him get liver? Mumu... If Nigeria divide do strong head say you no in live Lagos. Shey Una still de cry over biafra you see the wan wey pass that one. Yoruba will continue rulin and dominatin Lagos. Go jump inside lagoon if e de pain you
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Akshow: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
Da infamous: no be for mouth naah una no get liver
Na you wey de Lagos de do boy boy for Lagos, you de control the economy of Lagos as you claim and yet yorubas They rule, dominate and runs things in Lagos get liver? Na you wey hausa man de kill any How get liver? Mumu when Nigeria divide stay glue to Lagos Na Una small London. Biafra own Na small. Eni duro wotan. Awon oshisko ajeokuta ma mumi
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Akshow: Na you wey de Lagos de do boy boy for yorubas develop Lagos get liver? Abi Na you wey hausa man don turn to suya meat de kill anyHow get liver? Gbo answer me. Na you wey Because of your evil and wicked tendencies south south people no gree look your face Na him get liver? Mumu... If Nigeria divide do strong head say you no in live Lagos. Shey Una still de cry over biafra you see the wan wey pass that one. Yoruba will continue rulin and dominatin Lagos. Go jump inside lagoon if e de pain you
gbo make una start naa, wetin hold u? carry knife enter lagos street pull the first blood naah abi u dey fear blood bath? wink SS no be ur wahala naah,north dey bomb there region naah boko haram dey bomb and kill common hausaman for road naaah fulani dey massacre nko, na igbo man dem dey massacre? mumu are u col-our blind? wetin concern igboman undecided
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Dainfamous: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Akshow: Na you wey de Lagos de do boy boy for Lagos, you de control the economy of Lagos as you claim and yet yorubas They rule, dominate and runs things in Lagos get liver? Na you wey hausa man de kill any How get liver? Mumu when Nigeria divide stay glue to Lagos Na Una small London. Biafra own Na small. Eni duro wotan. Awon oshisko ajeokuta ma mumi
una good to embezzling oil money wey u no get, anambra hold there oil tight,una throats no reach there cheesy sorry if u like shout from heaven to hell but dont forget to shake awolowo hand for me when u reach there tell am say him free education no bear any fruit wink SEE

EFCC arrests FAAN official with N218m at airport

he Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has apprehended an official of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, Mr. Akinyele Adetula, for trying to launder $1.4m (N218m).

The arrest came less than a month after the commission arrested a 24-year old man, Mr. Abubakar Sheriff, at the same airport with $7m (N1.1bn).

Sunday PUNCH learnt that the suspect was arrested at Murtala Mohammed Airport on Saturday.

According the Head of Operations, EFCC, Mr. Iliyasu Kwarbai, the suspect was able to pass through Nigeria Customs Service and National Drug Law Enforcement Agency security checks because he was wearing his identity card and therefore did not draw any suspicion.

He said, “The suspect is a FAAN security guard. He wore his tag and was thus able to move freely in the airport without drawing suspicion. He was carrying a bag and it went through the scanner.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-arrests-faan-official-with-n218m-at-airport/ shocked OMO BURUKU shocked
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
geeez: I see this statistics being brandished all over Nairaland by a few illusioned people. The Lagos State Government is a very transparent one and you can check through the records at the Lands Bureau. To even say they own or control 20% of Lagos will be a generous overstatement.

How is buying and selling an intellectual bragging right? Anyway like Prof. Achebe admitted, they are a bunch of arrogant, loud, conceited and I must add illusioned set of people. I've met sorme Igbo people that have proved otherwise but majority of the ones I come across are just an exact replica of these ones online.

Wonderful top of the line post.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by abouzaid: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
Pls all igbos should stop responding to this thread. The yorubas are trying to tempt u into a fight with useless post without statistics and ur falling for it. Pls deny them that joy. Wrestling with a pig in mud would only make u dirty but it would make the pig happy therefore we should not make the pig happy by responding their tauntings. Pls all igbos stop responding on this thread no matter what they say.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2012

It's high time you guys quit creating useless threads that brings bigotry to this site. Must one start a thread if you are not intelligent enough to start a responsible thread.
Nonsensical.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Wadeoye(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
Andre Uweh:
It's high time you guys quit creating useless threads that brings bigotry to this site. Must one start a thread if you are not intelligent enough to start a responsible thread.
Nonsensical.
Igbos, they can't defend their lies and the are now looking for a way out.

What do they have? Those dirty shops where they cheat innocent hardworking people?
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by babsjnr(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lol minority own 80% of lagos olodo
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by joeyfire(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
My thoughts exactly. Ndi a na cho ndi fa ga ma njakili

abouzaid: Pls all igbos should stop responding to this thread. The yorubas are trying to tempt u into a fight with useless post without statistics and ur falling for it. Pls deny them that joy. Wrestling with a pig in mud would only make u dirty but it would make the pig happy therefore we should not make the pig happy by responding their tauntings. Pls all igbos stop responding on this thread no matter what they say.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by azpekuliar: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
**.. quickly dashes out to grab some pop-corn, coke and 3D glasses....dashes in to watch the thread.** cool
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Isaactop9(m): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
U guys are all foolish both Yoruba and ibo for even starting this kind of arguement I think both tribes should leave 9ja alone and go somewhere else and fight to death and let the minorities see peace, was lagos not a capital city for a very long time, resources where drawn frm the four cardinal points of 9ja to develop it majorly oil frm the south, why are u guys now fighting ova it, let the saying dat lagos is no mans land come to play. Fools arguing ova where ppl dey make thier money, I see this as a sign of joblessness.
Re: Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos by Sealeddeal(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
All Igbos should STOP RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD....IGBOS DO NOT OWE LAGOS. IGBOS DO NOT INTEND TO DO SO. YORUBA,DO not be anxious.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Madness!! Is Tonto Dike Not Afraid Of Ebola Virus? (photo) / Breaking! Jonathan Declares State Of Emergency Over Ebola. Soldiers To Take Over / INEC Chairman, Jega In Big Trouble! Replacement With Prof Olufemi Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.