Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him (38090 Views)

Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele: Full-text Judgement By Justice Tsoho / Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele / Army Denies Re-Arresting Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by FreeStuffsNG: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
That Judge just lost his job wink He just attempted to grant an unconstitutional immunity against prosecution to Mr Emefiele. That is doa. It's not going to stand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by adioolayi(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
DSS has charged him to court...na so we read am...make Emefiele and his lawyers relax na..

All these injunctions not necessary
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by RecentHistory: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Emefiele will end up like Alex Badeh if he's not careful.
Na those wey follow am do business be him greatest threats now.

Prison is the safest place for some people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by sofeo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
When the DSS guys are not serious themselves, bunch of fools.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by henlooma80: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
I trust DSS, they will not release Emefiele. They will only abide by the order that was given yesterday.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by AuschwitzPrefec: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dem don settle .

Watch how DSS releases him .
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by pfadom: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Trash!!!

TemplarLandry:
This government steered by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is law-abiding.
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate β€œDo We Have A Problem?” by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby to PBAT. Great jam!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Pipefitter: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Court my black ass! It was part of deal made by Buhari and Tinubu...then dey whine una
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by DEXTROVERT: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by enemyofprogress: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Emefiele 1-0 Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by worksmart(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nice one!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Sitwalkstand:
Let's see wether Tinubu will obey court orders

Doesn't make sense that Emefiele is being harrased while Buhari eats Gworo in Katsina.

Oil theft was monumental in the last 8 years. Buhari was minister for petroleum

You're ever so rustic, bucolic and without refinement.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Nothing new here! Nigerian Judiciary is only good at letting Wealthy people off the hook!

As I said earlier on another thread, the following is without a doubt in this Animal Farm called Naija!

But quite honestly, Emefiele has no business being in detention while the man who was his employer and principal walks free without anybody lifting a finger in question.

Buhari was clear and unequivocal when he insisted that Emefiele was acting under his marching orders. So on what grounds is the employee being detained and prosecuted and his principal is not undergoing same treatment?

It makes no sense whatsoever!

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Babastrong(m): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Huunm. i/begin/to/doubt/RENEWHOPE.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Manna4Gurls: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Now they want to release him yet unable allow MNK go.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Forest122: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ooooooo
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by BabaIbo: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This government steered by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is law-abiding.
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate β€œDo We Have A Problem?” by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby to PBAT. Great jam!

You are just a low budget MannaBBQgrill and nothing more.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by krushdripper(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.
Seems you didn't read the last part where upon all the court orders demanding his immediate release, he still remains in detention for over a month now. The case is more solid than you think.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
DSS terrible at investigation
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by michoim(m): 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.
What are you talking, that "the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash". Apart from being used, Emefiele is personally dirty and corrupt and also engaged in corrupting top government and security personnel across the country; fronting some micro finance banks, and manipulating forex( multiple forex) using his cronies...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Badgers14: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
While I was aggrieved by CBN policy under the former governor...

He was acting under the directive of his boss. The President.

Also, the Senate and House are culpable also in the sense they could have invited him for questioning to understand what's going on but they didnt..

Thr CBN governor is just the man in the middle and there are many people responsible for the plight Nigerians faced at the time..

In my view.. the most blame should go to our legislatures.. the senate and the House of Rep.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Opolopoopolonio: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
DSS should appeal

Emefiele must not go free
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Una dey dream
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Racoon(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
michoim:
What are you talking, that "the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash". Apart from being used, Emefiele is personally dirty and corrupt and also engaged in corrupting top government and security personnel across the country; fronting some micro finance banks, and manipulating forex( multiple forex) using his cronies...
Godwin Emefiele is utterly corrupt but what I am saying is that as with Sambo Dasuki nothing is going to come out of all these dramas no matter the watertight case they have against him.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by worksmart(m): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Regarding the bolded below, Emefiele remains the CBN Governor, he has only been suspended and he can only be dismissed if the court convicts him of whatever criminal charges Tinubu is charging him with.
Racoon:

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That Judge just lost his job wink He just attempted to grant an unconstitutional immunity against prosecution to Mr Emefiele. That is doa. It's not going to stand.
As in
This is rascality of the court

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by TrustedLawyer: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
It doesn't stop the DSS from charging him to court. After his arraignment, he will still be remanded in prison custody until perfection of his bail. Then trial will begin. He is still not a free man.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by nauto: 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
ok
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by occfx: 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:

Don't mind stupid people. They are just happy that the man is been detained without asking what the problem is. Nigerians no get sense
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Godwin Emefiele is utterly corrupt but what I am saying is that as with Sambo Dasuki nothing is going to come out of all these dramas no matter the watertight case they have against him.
Sambo Dasuki was released by express permission of the president on the basis of medical treatment.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by shortgun(m): 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
See this one, what do you know about the constitution?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don’t Allow Obaseki Take Custody Of 1,130 Stolen Artefacts - Oba Of Benin To FG / Pictures From Labour Party Meeting In Kadana / Boko Haram Kingpin Arrested With His Family While Trying To Escape (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.