Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him (38110 Views)

Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele: Full-text Judgement By Justice Tsoho / Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele / Army Denies Re-Arresting Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by providencia(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
shiwex:
Nigeria is now a joke........Anything goes in this country. Afterall, we have a drug dealer as President. Now I see the Ijaw Pig Dokubo and the Edo thief IBORI..being entertained in the Villa. The West wil now believe we are truly cursed...

Ibori is not an edo man
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by InvertedHammer: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Nothing new here! Nigerian Judiciary is only good at letting Wealthy people off the hook!

As I said earlier on another thread, the following is without a doubt in this Animal Farm called Naija!
/

Only the poor jubilate whenever the FG and her agencies do small shakara to pretend that dem dey fight corruption. grin grin It is always a shake down. Why do you think that EFCC only secure the conviction of yahoo boys? On rare occasions when they go after the big men/women, they intentionally botch the investigation to let them off the hook.

/
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Segzy19: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
That is the court judgement, and that is the constitutional means but I can assure you that the Jagaban that I know would have made him reveal a lot of things while in DSS custody and Meffy would have made a lot of concessions and forfeitures.

The media will never capture the full story or details of anything but it is those who know that know...

Take it or leave it..
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Angelfrost(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Only the poor jubilate whenever the FG and her agencies do small shakara to pretend that dem dey fight corruption. grin grin It is always a shake down. Why do you think that EFCC only secure the conviction of yahoo boys? On rare occasions when they go after the big men/women, they intentionally botch the investigation to let them off the hook.

/

Quite true sir... It's all Window dressing!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Mummiesboy: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
shiwex:
Nigeria is now a joke........Anything goes in this country. Afterall, we have a drug dealer as President. Now I see the Ijaw Pig Dokubo and the Edo thief IBORI..being entertained in the Villa. The West wil now believe we are truly cursed...
Ibori is from Delta
Former delta state governor
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by ConfidentialDoc: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Behold the Nigeria of renewed hope.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by lexy2014: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This government steered by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is law-abiding.
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “Do We Have A Problem?” by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby to PBAT. Great jam!

How did Emefiele end up in DSS custody in d first place? Was it under the government steered by Zelensky?

If the courts hadn't given this judgement, what would have the "government steered by Tinubu done with Tinubu"?

Are the courts under the "government steered by"?
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
onuman:

It would be impossible for Emefiele to disobey Court order if the then President Buhari did not instruct Emefiele to disobey Court order. If you don't have enough grey matter in your head to understand this, sorry for yourself.
Since he (emefiele) disobeyed.what does he expect other arms of govt to do!
Start obeying court orders because it has now come to affect him?
If the grey mata in your head supported the outright disobedience of the court back then.at least you should use your grey mata of ya head to understand that it will continue
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by lexy2014: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Nothing new here! Nigerian Judiciary is only good at letting Wealthy people off the hook!

As I said earlier on another thread, the following is without a doubt in this Animal Farm called Naija!

Fact of the matter is that d courts acted right. It is wrong for d DSS to keep Emefiele in detention till infinity without charging him to court.

If they feel he did something wrong, why didn't they charge him to court? All this barbaric way of dealing with issues makes them to loose traction and alooe some of these people who abuse office to ealk free.

It's d same thing d EFCC does. The police did it with Seun and ended not achieving anything legally
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Badgers14:

He reports to and follows the order of the president.

If the president felt he was out of line, he would have fired him but he didnt..
Well
It still boils down to emefiele in his disposition at the DSS to category state that the president is his accomplice.
Of which it cannot happen.
Because he(emefiele) would be proved to be the mastermind.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nice one
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by AskNgige2: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Let's see how it plays out. How could u arrest Emefiele without Buhari being involved? Let's watch and see.
Emefiele is no longer cbn governor yet d economy is getting to d bottom. Imagine an elderly man of 60+ begging for cleaning job? Just imagine people begging for cleaning job here in Lagos.
I just want to see Tinubu's economic blueprint, all I hv being seen is just articles upon articles. How could an item sold at 12100 is now selling 18500 within 3 weeks. Well I know those that begs to do party and later sell their father's properties

Sometimes I ask why God is too merciful..

Why not kill those evil politicians one by one starting from Buhari and Tinibu
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by goody234: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Bunch of idiots EFCC should have been the ones dealing with this ...they messed up now he will disappear
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by UnabashedIPOB: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
We have to wait and see if the lawless Fulani Government of Nigeria will obey the court order in Emefiole's case. That would be very surprising. to see how it would dance around this one.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by themanderon: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Shameless DSS. All they are good at is media trial. I wonder if they even have good investigators in that service. In saner climes you gather evidence before charging to court but here they arrest you and they start their investigations that holds no water in court.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by qtx(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Sitwalkstand:
Let's see wether Tinubu will obey court orders

Doesn't make sense that Emefiele is being harrased while Buhari eats Gworo in Katsina.

Oil theft was monumental in the last 8 years. Buhari was minister for petroleum
In bold, when you say it most Nigerains i dont know whether they reason through the an.us will start arguing baselessly.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Image123(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
When you big for 9ja, you use the courts to your advantage.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Toktee(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.
Tinubu only want to punish the guy for trying to stop him from using money to rigged
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Even though emefiele is a messager of doom, his master new no clue of the technical jargons he used to punish Nigerians with fake new note,causing scarcity of dollar and hike in inflation. angry
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by truthhurtsnaira: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family. I shall get 7 figure job this year, I shall marry this year and I shall be favoured.

What does that have to do with Tinubu regime…

Some of you Negroes in 2023 LOL
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Badgers14: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
baralatie:

Well
It still boils down to emefiele in his disposition at the DSS to category state that the president is his accomplice.
Of which it cannot happen.
Because he(emefiele) would be proved to be the mastermind.

This could be the possible reason why the case was thrown out..

There are many deals that happens behind the scene that we don't know..

From the moment he was arrested, I knew he wouldn't be prosecuted.. the new FG wanted to generate a buzz since CBN policies affected many Nigerians.. FG thought people will be clapping for them for nabbing him but the streets are already wise cool
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Mayeldah(m): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Yorubas rejoiced when Emefiele was arrested but said nothing to the atrocities of Buhari, Hadi Sirika, Malaami and all the Northerners enmeshed in corruption.

The North will always use Yorubas to betray the South.

Why is Tinubu afraid of prosecuting the Northerners that looted this country dry since 2015?
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Sirchiboy: 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

What does that have to do with Tinubu regime…

Some of you Negroes in 2023 LOL
Migwo
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by ncoolsome(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This government steered by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is law-abiding.
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “Do We Have A Problem?” by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby to PBAT. Great jam!

Pls let's wait till after the Presidential tribunal to know if his law abiding..seems the call of the tribunal wld be close..
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Badgers14:

This could be the possible reason why the case was thrown out..

There are many deals that happens behind the scene that we don't know..

From the moment he was arrested, I knew he wouldn't be prosecuted.. the new FG wanted to generate a buzz since CBN policies affected many Nigerians.. FG thought people will be clapping for them for nabbing him but the streets are already wise cool
Which street
Ojuelegba or ahmadu bello
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Badgers14: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
baralatie:

Which street
Ojuelegba or ahmadu bello

Bourdillion
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by loswhite(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.
The Arrest was to force him out of office
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by apstpaulg(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
The moment President Bola Tinubu visited ex-President Buhari in London, it was then i knew that Emiefele wil get an unconditional pardon, though after a plea bargain behind the scene.
As far as Malami, then Minister of justice was not arrested, then, that case was mean't to die naturally. Malami, was the chief actor in all the actions of Emiefele. Bawa (efcc), & Emiefele, were only acting Malami's script.
Truthfully, there was no Buhari (if u knw u knw).
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by nedekid: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Sensationalism.
Before you arrest, you must have done your investigations.
You don't just grab someone and then detain him indefinitely claiming investigation. A good lawyer will get all the proceeds of such investigation quashed as it was done under duress.
Claims he did this and that should be brought along with evidence before the court and if found wanting, be jailed.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by nairalanda1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

/

1.Remember when EFCC tried to arrest Ibori, or what would happen if GEJ, Buhari, Tinubu or even Obi is arrested for corruption? Yes, crisis.

A large segment of Nigerians back the corrupt pols. So long as they are from their side, they can do no wrong.

So, you are an efcc official. Do you arrest a big man and risk a national security issue?

(After all, as someone said when EFCC was trying to arrest Ibori...HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE!)

2.Yahoo boys are easier to arrest (and indeed, EFCC was really set up to fight them because online crookery was debasing Nigeria well well).

The problem with EFCC is that Nigerians don't yet realize that corruption is WRONG. Yes, I blame Nigerians. We haven't yet woken up to the fact that corruption is WRONG. (Sometimes, I think the secessionists have a point. Secession would end the excuse many corrupt people use of persecution since 'we are all the same tribe and religion' lol. )

Infact liberally misapplying and mixing up a quote from Mao here...the corrupt politician swims among the people. EFCC in going after him is not going after the politican, he is going after the people. EFCC, no matter how good it is, cannot fight against people's attitudes and ideas. It was not made for that purpose.

The f act that we are a communal society, with strong bonds among 'the people' messes things up. Compare with the USA...or the developed world. Why corruption wars work there is because they are very individualistic. You mess up, you end in your own mess. Nigeria?

Finally, when MR corrupt steals lots of money, and at the same time does things like pay for the school uniform of 1000 girls in his region (happened in another West African country, but similar happens in Nigeria), won't the parents stand up and fight for him?
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by AK481(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
He should be immediately reinstated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki / Bola Tinubu Visits Ibadan (Photos) / Ffk's First Post On Facebook, Claiming Innocence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.