Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? (38264 Views)

Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market / Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Eking: 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hello, NLanders I want to know if hyundai and kia cars are as reliable as Toyota cars considering that they are cheaper.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2011
They're reliable, but not as durable as the established Japmobiles.

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 19, 2012
@Mod
Oct 2011 thread on FP!!
You dey mad niii? sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Jamesmelbin(m): 1:36am On Jun 19, 2012
idk.
Take a look at my signature
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Gentleboby: 1:59am On Jun 19, 2012
If both cars are currently available in spare parts Kia and Hyundai are the most reliable cars presently

consider first: shock absorbers and brake system Kia or Hyundai reliable than
second: check both their sand protectors Kia or Hyundai stronger than
Third : Main body interior and exterior
Those are the Key areas you most consider first as a car owner, But both are very good in Engine and Electrical system.

Mean while Kia and Hyundai are looking for more costumers in Africa than Toyota in other to make names and values if you look at cost of purchasing them.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by purefella(m): 2:28am On Jun 19, 2012
KIA and Hyundai are very very reliable , I have used couple of toyota and Honda but right now am with KIA they rocks
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 19, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
@Mod
Oct 2011 thread on FP!!
You dey mad niii? sad sad sad

grin grin grin
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by funshint(m): 5:41am On Jun 19, 2012
Toyota is d king, everybody knows dat!
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by FEMARY(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2012
purefella: KIA and Hyundai are very very reliable , I have used couple of toyota and Honda but right now am with KIA they rocks
Oh really?Great then.But I think Toyota are more reliable.

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by femmy2010(m): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2012
FEMARY: Oh really?Great then.But I think Toyota are more reliable.

Hyundai and Kias are also very reliable but durability is what keeps them below Hondas and Toyota.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 19, 2012
The only thing I prefer in Kia to a toyota is their superlative Airconditioner. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Kzea: 6:31am On Jun 19, 2012
y u dey compare death and sleep wit each oda na

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Murphy7h4: 6:32am On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Martini101(m): 6:52am On Jun 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The only thing I prefer in Kia to a toyota is their superlative Airconditioner. grin
. Bros, U mean d other way round? Cos My 1996Camry Air con is Haier Thermocool Freezer oh! U dare nt pass d mid-level or else U want to turn to Ice fish. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by walcolm(m): 7:43am On Jun 19, 2012
i know the Hyundai has become real formidable in terms of cost effectiveness and if you cannot afford the Toyota or Honda, a Hyundai will serve you quite well

the Kias are also coming up

don't forget the Toyota and Honda didn't get to where they are in a day

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by space01: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2012
♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ using latest kia optima. It rocks. The AC na bomb.the inteior sweet.breaks,Engine na BABA.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by space01: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2012
♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ using latest kia optima. It rocks. The AC na bomb.the inteior sweet.breaks,Engine na BABA.the level fast die
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by ayojosh2k(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2012
@Space01. i will earnestly wait for your comment in the next 5 years. Even the chinese geelee rocks on the first day you buy it

3 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Boyoorisha: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2012
Toyota is by far better and more reliable than any of KIA or Hyundai
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by viperman: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2012
since 2008, Hyundai have stepped-up their game and have churned out fantastic vehicles ever since.
My brother has owned a 2010 sonata that he bought since then, and his job requires him to travel inter-state at least once every month...and he's been using this car to bruise the roads like this....wnd he's not changed the shock absorbers or ball-joints since then nor had any engine issues.
If there's one brand new car supplier in nigeria that i believe in(asides coscharis & benz-globemotors), its the HYUNDAI!

2 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by MaraGod: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2012
A major difference is the second hand value, you can always resale your toyota and honda cars

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Faithnn: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2012
The problem with kia and hyundai is spare parts is very scare.Not as common as toyota and others cars,even if u happen to find any u pay more to get it.This is where the company should look into.In terms of durability and second hand value it cannot match japanese cars.

1 Like

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2012
Nope, they certainly are not.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by naso2(m): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2012
i am so interested in the reviews here. i have an option to buy either a corolla 2012 or hyundai ix35. i so like the hyundai , but guys are telling me hyundai is not reliable and maintenance is expensive. just need advice
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by deyrock(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2012
i think i will be very unfair to compare toyota with those 2 cars.
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by bashydemy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
I use both Honda and Toyota and i really enjoy them, but not sure about KIA and HYUNDAI, am gonna try each of them and see
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by lilkech(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
bashy_demy: I use both Honda and Toyota and i really enjoy them, but not sure about KIA and HYUNDAI, am gonna try each of them and see

"try each of them" ?

moto no be shoe o
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by Meristem: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
Op: do keke napeps compare with bentleys?
Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by ocheejemb: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
I got a brand new 2009 Hyundai Elantra in 2010. My only complaint so far is that they brought out the 2012 edition which makes mine look ugly..lol..but in terms of perfromance, reliabilty etc.. i have no complaints. Does everything it says on the tin...

2 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by t2luv: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
Faithnn: The problem with kia and hyundai is spare parts is very scare.Not as common as toyota and others cars,even if u happen to find any u pay more to get it.This is where the company should look into.In terms of durability and second hand value it cannot match japanese cars.

Bingo. You just hit the nail on the head. Just so you know both Kia and Hyundai are made by the same company. in fact they both use interchangeable parts. The main issue I have is in their Timming Belt. Honda and Toyota cars that uses Timming Belt, can go close 100K miles before you need to change them. With both Kia and Hyundai you have 70K miles. Since both kia and Hyundai models uses DOHC (Dual Overhead Cam Engine) engines, if the timming belt happen to break this will lead to engine Cylinder head problem. Both Toyota, and Honda do not have the ths problem since their engines are MPFI (Multi Port Fuel Injector). If their timming belt happen to break, you do not have to worry about the engine needing to be replace. For my money, I take Toyota. Low cost of maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2012
kia and hyundia are high on aesthetics but low in real substance.

for those comparing toyotas and these cheap imitations, please

wait another 7 to 10yrs before you compare them!

2 Likes

Re: Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? by myfriend1(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2012
Your maintenance culture will also determine the durability of the car.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Transformation Of 1970 Volkswagen Beetle Car (photos) / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / Watch The 2018 Range Rover Evoque Drive Over The World's Largest Speed Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.