Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market (40542 Views)

Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles / Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by fun4: 6:50am On Aug 11, 2014
The management of Stallion Group announced on Sunday that its made-in-Nigeria range of Hyundai vehicles manufactured and assembled locally are ready for sale at affordable prices.

This is coming one month after the Stallion Group, which operates a multivehicle assembly plant, said it had begun locally produced Hyundai range of vehicles, after inaugurating and rolling out the first set of made-in-Nigeria Nissan automobiles in April.

The investment, in line with the Federal Government’s automotive policy initiative driven by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, according to Stallion Chairman, Sunil Vaswani, is to give Nigerians a break from the stranglehold of wholesale vehicle importers.

Some of the Hyundai passenger cars for sale at between N1.5 and N1.9 million, Stallion Group added, “are i10, Grand, Accent, Elantra and iX35, while in the truck and bus segments, the 10-tonne HD160, seven-tonne HD 120, five-tonne HD78 and three-tonne HD65 as well as 28+1 seater Hyundai County bus and 30-seater Stallion County bus are now being supplied to the market.”

The group announced, specifically the starting price of N1.594 million for the Hyundai i10 and N1.990 million for the Grand, urging customers to take advantage of the price and drive a certified made-in-Nigeria Hyundai car.

Hyundai Motors Nigeria Limited’s plant Managing Director, Tokunbo Aromolaran, said the vehicles are certified to the world’s highest automotive operating standard – ISO/TS 16949.

This is an assurance that they are of the “highest automotive operating standard in the world and its benefits include improved quality processes at the facility along with streaming supply chains both leading to a better overall product”, he explained.

According to him, the plant had supported its ambitious growth plans by prioritising the need for a faster and more efficient environment to facilitate concurrent product development and support a rapidly changing requirement for a vehicle programme, Aromolaran added.

He stressed: “Today, we are glad to inform Nigerians that we have delivered

on our promise to make available affordably priced vehicles – thanks to strong-willed President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the indefatigable supervisory roles of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment headed by Dr. Olusegun Aganga.”

The first phase of delivery, which has already begun, he continued, establishes a system of record for the complete vehicle programme, which will gradually be expanded to meet the ever-increasing demands for functional vehicles in Nigeria.

“Prospective customers can now walk into any of our dealership showrooms nationwide to buy value-driven made-in-Nigeria Hyundai certified vehicles.

“Hyundai i10, Grand, Xcent and Elantra are elegantly crafted functional cars with eye-popping styling, good fuel economy, and fantastic driving experience with modest starting price that is affordable to every desiring buyer,” Aromolaran assured.

Group Managing Director, Stallion Automobile Division, Parvir Singh, who received the made-in-Nigeria Hyundai vehicles on behalf of the sale & marketing division of Hyundai Motors Nigeria, described the achievement as a milestone in the history of Nigeria’s automotive industry.

The company’s dealers in Lagos, Warri, Asaba, Anambra and Abakaliki, the statement said, have also commended the initiative, expected to expand customers’ options of owning vehicles of below N2 million range.

Speaking at a media parley after meeting the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers (NAMA) comprising 14 vehicle manufacturers like Innosons based in Nnewi, Anambra State; Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (Kaduna); Leyland (Ibadan, Oyo State), as well as other global car manufacturing brands that have already started local assembly of their various products, Aganga said there are ongoing discussions to ensure that Nigerians obtain loans at the rate of about 10 per cent to enable the buy the vehicles, over a four-year term.

“The Federal Government is not creating a pool of funds, but encouraging banks to buy-in, and we are working with them to reduce the interest rate and they have agreed.

“Government has brought the rate down close to about 10 per cent. The pool of funds can be as big as (the banks) want it, based on commercial consideration,” he added.

He said 14 vehicle assembly plant owners are involved in the new efforts, and would pay zero duty when importing Completely Knocked Down (CKD) parts, while the first type of semi-CKD is to attract 5 per cent duty; and the second grade – 10 per cent.

This, he continued, brings the blended rate for the new, CDK and both classes of semi-CKDs to about 20 per cent.

The idea of the automotive policy, he stressed repeatedly, is to ensure affordable cars and vehicles in the country.

He challenged all auto manufacturers to “prioritise affordability.”

Already, Director-General of Industrial Training Fund (ITF), Juliet Chukkas-Onaeko, said recently that as part of supporting the automotive policy, the Fund is setting up vehicle spare-parts production centres in Lagos, the South-East and North-East geo-political zones.

Fielding questions recently also, Chief Executive of the Bank of Industry (BoI), Rasheed Olaoluwa, spoke of a desire to fund local vehicle assembly plants and others “looking at manufacturing vehicle components locally, rather than importing them”.

“These are people we are discussing with, and we can finance the local manufacturing of some of the car components” as part of participating in the value-chain, he assured.
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/made-nigeria-hyundai-cars-hit-market/

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by bigtt76(f): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2014
I wonder how the press could miss the hype that usually exist when such assembly plants are to be setup in Nigeria undecided #Justaying but I never heard any commissioned so how come these cars are made in Nigeria?

29 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by bigx(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2014
IVM should sit up, the competition is coming

23 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Aug 11, 2014
These are more affordable for the average nigerian.

How many cars can they roll out a day? Can they satisfy the thirst if just lagos?
A lot more work has to be done.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:56am On Aug 11, 2014
Good news from a good policy from a good government by next two years car will be cheap for middle class to buy.

12 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by eledacedar(f): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?

26 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Took that right out of my mouth cheesy
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Dreyl(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2014
They re Assembled in Naija not made.

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by titoetal(m): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2014
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?

There's no big difference between 'Made in/Assembled in'. This is just the first step that will lead to sourcing the components parts locally.
The ripple effect of this policy if well managed will be of great benefit to all.

God Bless Nigeria.

82 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by REDBULL1(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
titoetal:

There's no big difference between 'Made in/Assembled in'. This is just the first step that will lead to sourcing the components parts locally.
The ripple effect of this policy if well managed will be of great benefit to all.

God Bless Nigeria.

Well said my friend. @OP where're the fotos to help us believe? we're in a foto age! pics or...

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by REDBULL1(m): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2014
titoetal:

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Itoroetti(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2014
bigtt76: I wonder how the press could miss the hype that usually exist when such assembly plants are to be setup in Nigeria undecided #Justaying but I never heard any commissioned so how come these cars are made in Nigeria?

do u expect them to report this?never will they do that.they all derive pleasure in reporting the politically motivated negative news

19 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by titoetal(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2014
REDBULL1:

Well said my friend. @OP where're the fotos to help us believe? we're in a foto age! pics or...

Thanks dear. Picture of various models will satisfy our appetite more. I was hoping to see it when openig the topic. Anyway, we can google it.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by DaVinChiSam(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Good Thang if eats through and north sum Propaganda sheet
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Valfrankie(m): 10:09am On Aug 11, 2014
OP who's that long boring Novel for, you expect me to read all that? Come again pls.....

*MODIFIED*
OK, there are pictures and I made front-page, NOW I BELIEVE!!! Please click like if you didn't read all that novel the OP wrote down, also click like if you did.... angryangryangry

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by gen2briz(m): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2014
fun4: The management of Stallion Group announced on Sunday that its made-in-Nigeria range of Hyundai
vehicles manufactured and assembled locally are
ready for sale at affordable prices. This is coming one month after the Stallion Group,
which operates a multivehicle assembly plant, said
it had begun locally produced Hyundai range of
vehicles, after inaugurating and rolling out the first
set of made-in-Nigeria Nissan automobiles in April. The investment, in line with the Federal
Government’s automotive policy initiative driven by
the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and
Investment, according to Stallion Chairman, Sunil
Vaswani, is to give Nigerians a break from the
stranglehold of wholesale vehicle importers. Some of the Hyundai passenger cars for sale at
between N1.5 and N1.9 million, Stallion Group
added, “are i10, Grand, Accent, Elantra and iX35,
while in the truck and bus segments, the 10-tonne
HD160, seven-tonne HD 120, five-tonne HD78 and
three-tonne HD65 as well as 28+1 seater Hyundai County bus and 30-seater Stallion County bus are
now being supplied to the market.” The group announced, specifically the starting price
of N1.594 million for the Hyundai i10 and N1.990
million
for the Grand, urging customers to take
advantage of the price and drive a certified made-
in-Nigeria Hyundai car. Hyundai Motors Nigeria Limited’s plant Managing
Director, Tokunbo Aromolaran, said the vehicles
are certified to the world’s highest automotive
operating standard – ISO/TS 16949. This is an assurance that they are of the “highest
automotive operating standard in the world and its
benefits include improved quality processes at the
facility along with streaming supply chains both
leading to a better overall product”, he explained. According to him, the plant had supported its
ambitious growth plans by prioritising the need for
a faster and more efficient environment to facilitate
concurrent product development and support a
rapidly changing requirement for a vehicle
programme, Aromolaran added. He stressed: “Today, we are glad to inform
Nigerians that we have delivered on our promise to make available affordably priced
vehicles – thanks to strong-willed President
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the indefatigable
supervisory roles of the Federal Ministry of
Industry, Trade and Investment headed by Dr.
Olusegun Aganga.” The first phase of delivery, which has already
begun, he continued, establishes a system of
record for the complete vehicle programme, which
will gradually be expanded to meet the ever-
increasing demands for functional vehicles in
Nigeria. “Prospective customers can now walk into any of
our dealership showrooms nationwide to buy
value-driven made-in-Nigeria Hyundai certified
vehicles. “Hyundai i10, Grand, Xcent and Elantra are
elegantly crafted functional cars with eye-popping
styling, good fuel economy, and fantastic driving
experience with modest starting price that is
affordable to every desiring buyer,” Aromolaran
assured. Group Managing Director, Stallion Automobile
Division, Parvir Singh, who received the made-in-
Nigeria Hyundai vehicles on behalf of the sale &
marketing division of Hyundai Motors Nigeria,
described the achievement as a milestone in the
history of Nigeria’s automotive industry. The company’s dealers in Lagos, Warri, Asaba,
Anambra and Abakaliki, the statement said, have
also commended the initiative, expected to expand
customers’ options of owning vehicles of below N2
million range. Speaking at a media parley after meeting the
National Association of Automobile Manufacturers
(NAMA) comprising 14 vehicle manufacturers like
Innosons based in Nnewi, Anambra State; Peugeot
Automobile Nigeria (Kaduna); Leyland (Ibadan,
Oyo State), as well as other global car manufacturing brands that have already started
local assembly of their various products, Aganga
said there are ongoing discussions to ensure that
Nigerians obtain loans at the rate of about 10 per
cent to enable the buy the vehicles, over a four-
year term. “The Federal Government is not creating a pool of
funds, but encouraging banks to buy-in, and we
are working with them to reduce the interest rate
and they have agreed. “Government has brought the rate down close to
about 10 per cent. The pool of funds can be as big
as (the banks) want it, based on commercial
consideration,” he added. He said 14 vehicle assembly plant owners are
involved in the new efforts, and would pay zero
duty when importing Completely Knocked Down
(CKD) parts, while the first type of semi-CKD is to
attract 5 per cent duty; and the second grade – 10
per cent. This, he continued, brings the blended rate for the
new, CDK and both classes of semi-CKDs to about
20 per cent. The idea of the automotive policy, he stressed
repeatedly, is to ensure affordable cars and vehicles
in the country. He challenged all auto manufacturers to “prioritise
affordability.” Already, Director-General of Industrial Training
Fund (ITF), Juliet Chukkas-Onaeko, said recently
that as part of supporting the automotive policy,
the Fund is setting up vehicle spare-parts
production centres in Lagos, the South-East and
North-East geo-political zones. Fielding questions recently also, Chief Executive of
the Bank of Industry (BoI), Rasheed Olaoluwa,
spoke of a desire to fund local vehicle assembly
plants and others “looking at manufacturing
vehicle components locally, rather than importing
them”. “These are people we are discussing with, and we
can finance the local manufacturing of some of the
car components” as part of participating in the
value-chain, he assured.
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/made-nigeria-hyundai-cars-hit-market/

How come the car is damm expensive abi na typo error

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2014
they are still too expensive.

the I10 should not be more than $5000 which is around NGN800k or what is the price in Korea

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Lordseyad(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2014
k
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Omojayejaye(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2014
Ok..Hyundai una welcome...when will the German machines come around....

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by SirAweezy(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2014
So u mean I'll use my 1.5m+ to buy that small carton called i10. Jeez! Some1 got to be kidding me embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by jsunex(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Happy to hear ds... my country is getting wise little by little
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Afrocatalyst: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
SirAweezy: So u mean I'll use my 1.5m+ to buy that small carton called i10. Jeez! Some1 got to be kidding me embarassed

really kidding..

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by fun4: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
REDBULL1:

okay sir! Will do the needful presently.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by fun4: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
titoetal:

Thanks dear. Picture of various models will satisfy our appetite more. I was hoping to see it when openig the topic. Anyway, we can google it.
have added it now.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by lyfe(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
SirAweezy: So u mean I'll use my 1.5m+ to buy that small carton called i10. Jeez! Some1 got to be kidding me embarassed

Worth the price tag since it's a new ride, if the safety measures are up to standard I would buy it if I fancy coupé car.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by gabriel212: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Took that right out of my mouth cheesy
Either made / assemble in NIGERIA all I know is our ECONOMY will grow new car is affordable to all NIGERIANS

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by SirAweezy(m): 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

really kidding..

This is an advance keke naw.. For 1.5m+. Abeg make una buy honda accord 98 instead. Freaking outrageous! angry
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by bizngr(f): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Good policy, good investment!

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by roufy235(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
not bad
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by bdek(m): 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2014

LOL 1.5m that is price for 2005 EOD ,this i10 whatever guy if u ever drive one or buy one ,u notice that is an advance glorified beetle .the car is very lazyyyyyyyyy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Honda Goldwing Three Wheeler Bike Spotted In Lagos / Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.