Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Spending 500billion In A Better Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spending 500billion In A Better Way (165 Views)

Shehu Sani Advises CBN On A Better Way To Resolve The Cash Scarcity Saga / Ikpeazu’s Developmental Strides; A Better Way To Start A New Year. / Sanwo-Olu: 'Ambode Lied, I Was Never Arrested For Spending Fake Dollars In USA' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spending 500billion In A Better Way by thinkmoney(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
What are the immediate ways the fuel price hike has affected us?
*Transportation has become prohibitively expensive, leading to
*High price of commodities in the market
If a government program must help alleviate the sufferings caused by fuel hike then it’s only wise that it target those two after effects of the fuel hike.
These are suggestions of what they can do quickly with the 500billion that will have nationwide benefit;

-They should choose one location from the 6geopolitical zones and build big modern storage facilities specially for vegetables, perishables and meat.
This will force down the price of Tomatoes for example.

-They can make available at beat down prices those kind of payment machines we see on BRT buses in Lagos for all public drivers. And then make available for people cards with money units inside that they can use to pay for their transportation. Price must depend on the distance travelled.
The drivers can then have their money calculated and handed over to them say at the end of the day.

**Another thing they can do is to put all the money into sorting out electricity issues. They can for example make available in a more easier way pre-paid metres.

THIS IS JUST ME THINKING

Re: Spending 500billion In A Better Way by CodeTemplar: 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
You tried but storage of perishable doesn't work that way.

I will suggest they invest massively and wisely in transport, power and agriculture.

Transport can be adoption of EVs. Diesel powered mass transits, or low profit transport companies establish by govt over busy routes.

Power can be CNG conversion, renewable adoption for small businesses or massive renewable power plants in strategic location..

Agric can be farm input distribution.
Re: Spending 500billion In A Better Way by thinkmoney(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You tried but storage of perishable doesn't work that way.

I will suggest they invest massively and wisely in transport, power and agriculture.

Transport can be adoption of EVs. Diesel powered mass transits, or low profit transport companies establish by govt over busy routes.

Power can be CNG conversion, renewable adoption for small businesses or massive renewable power plants in strategic location..

Agric can be farm input distribution.
Those will take time.
And I think they have programs for Agriculture already like loans etc

It is like I said me thinking. There should be another way other than the 8k that many men if the poor household will feel it’s free ‘awuf’ and just take to the beer parlor and spend at a sitting

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma Of The Obidient / Revealed! Dapo Abiodun's SSG, Tokunbo Talabi Helped Rig Ogun Election / Bayelsa Guber: Anxiety Grips APC As Sunny-goli, Daumiebi Set To Make Announcemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.