Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Yoruba Hi_story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Yoruba Hi_story (103 Views)

Open Letter To My Yoruba Brothers / Question For My Yoruba Brothers & Sisters / I Weep For My Yoruba Brothers, The Man Finally Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Yoruba Hi_story by thinkmoney(m): 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
Yorubas are an ancient people with rich history.
Their forefathers were black princess that had wisdom of war, town planning and sculpture.
They reign supreme in the middle forest of what is now Nigeria. And unlike other cities and nations north of the Sahara that built walls around their cities, this Yoruba people that was at that time probably called Oghone built awe-inspiring ditches around their cities.
They had elaborate scarification on their faces.
They most probably are remnants of the great Ancient kingdom of Egypt that came all the way from the upper kingdom in Sudan via Mali to settle in and around Ife (or Yufi as it might have been known in early times).
The Yoruba spoken now most definitely would have been different from the Yoruba spoken then.

I AM PART OF THIS RACE OF GODS. MY FOREFATHERS RODE ON HORSES WEARING ELABORATE HEADDRESSES AND ELEGANT COLAR LIKE THEIR BROTHERS IN EGYPT AND SUDAN.

THIS IS MY HISTORY. DO YOU KNOW YOURS?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Kyari, Fuanter Step In As Acting Chair, Secretary / Your Take On This Pre-election Empowerment / NGO Tackles Global Peace Index For Categorizing North Africa With Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.