Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ (76307 Views)

WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen / Contaminated Sprite Soft Drinks In Circulation - NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians / Pastor Chibuke Who Declared War On Coronavirus Hospitalized In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MadamExcellency: 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
samwash:

Five bottles of those soft drink is till on a high side my brother.
Multiply the five bottles a month by 12 months, then by 5yrs or even ten years.
How will your body reacts to the side effects in 25-20 yrs from now?
Think about it.

When I was in secondary school, I drank eleven bottles of Pepsi and Coke per day (60+ bottles per week) for several years and adulthood. Yet my sugar level is the best among equals who don't drink at all.

It's more than 30 years plus and everything is still normal for a person more than fifty years of age. My eyesight is one of the best among equals reading tiny letters.

All persons are not the same and moreover, some eat natural (plenty of fruits and vegetables) like I do while others eat junk.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by chroniclesss(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Make una just add pure water na sad
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by kalufelix(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2023
OgunkeelAllMod:
if you like ehn ,dey drink only Lab sterilized water..e no go make you reach hundred,no be curse o
Hhaha...especially in this part of the globe where many types of death dey wait for us on a daily..i never chop witch o..
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Gabby84: 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2023
I take Pepsi over 5 times a week for 4 yrs now
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Johnn44: 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
cool
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by ezewealth(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
Aspartame is an amino acid, it is not under the classes of sugar, it is said to be 200 times sweeter than sucrose which is our normal home sugar (carbohydrate)
There are many proteins that are 4000, 5000 sweeter than normal sugar eg moneliin and co.
But aspartame is only non- nutritive sweetner that is permited to be used in food industry.
Because they are less costlier than sugar.
The thing you should know is :
The ADI ( acceptable daily intake) of aspertame is 50milligram per kg of the body in a day ie if your weigh is 60kg you shouldnt exceed 3000milligram of aspartame. 6 to 9 cans of pepsi zero sugar grin
Mind aspermate is used in production of tomato peste, syrups, keshups, ice cream. Not only on soda
Pls pardon my blunders

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by mozona(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2023
Well I hardly take soft drinks the info is not for me.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Judolisco(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
psucc:
When you taste any coca-cola drink from neighbouring countries, you will know we're being killed here in Nigeria.

Here, water + anything goes.
taking water here is even more dangerous guy....

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by ahmepic: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
Draslo:
According to WHO, drinking regular Coke will kill you, we ran and started drinking diet Coke, now they're telling us Diet Coke will kill you too??

Be like say he only sure combination now is Fruits, blender and fridge in that exact order. Life's too short to die quick.

Unfortunately they will soon tell you refrigerating your drinks kill too and you decide to just blend your juice and drink it fresh a new report will come to show you the cancer effect of using a blender. Even the fruit itself will be said to be dangerous because of some nonsense chemicals.
Our sure bet is just to drink water but still they will tell you water won't be enough and then we go back to the soft drinks. undecided kiss undecided
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Bfly: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
Communism is highly sustainable to human specie. But America greed for money and curiosity for technology make them preach capitalism to the world.

Everywhere is Red. The rich always want more the poor is always wanting something.

The rich dish out some rubbish just to make more money and the poor rush to get it because they want anything.
Darn!

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by miketayo(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2023
samwash:

How will your body reacts to the side effects in 25-20 yrs from now .
Think about it.

Had 1 sprite this year, mixed with Lawson. No other soda.
Probably had less than 5 last year too
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Sambai65(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
MadamExcellency:

When I was in secondary school, I drank eleven bottles of Pepsi and Coke per day (60+ bottles per week) for several years and adulthood. Yet my sugar level is the best among equals who don't drink at all.

It's more than 30 years plus and everything is still normal for a person more than fifty years of age. My eyesight is one of the best among equals reading tiny letters.

All persons are not the same and moreover, some eat natural (plenty of fruits and vegetables) like I do while others eat junk.
oga I you continue like that Na when you reach 55-60 you will start feeling the heat
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Adjovi: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
So anything zero no be actual zero cheesy grin cheesy nawa o
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Isobug: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
samwash:

How will your body reacts to the side effects in 25-20 yrs from now .
Think about it.
Maybe you're are not medically inclined. Everything you take in is passed out as waste. It depends on quantity and quality at that particular time to cause harm.

2 Likes

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by odenkirk: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
something must kill a man so let that something be something he enjoys. sipping my 11th bottle of coke zero
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
I exercise on a regular, so I'm not really bothered 😕
I'm fvckin healthy 😌
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2023
online4business:
Something I've been shouting for years.

Another one is sucralose marketed as Splenda.
Potassium acesulfame and high fructose corn syrup.

Aspartame was approved by the FDA under dubious circumstances so also is bovine growth hormone.

The revolving door policy of FDA should be stop.

Msg and glutamic acid should be stop too.

If you no like learn na you sabi.

What of malt and energy drinks like Supa Commando?
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2023
Isobug:

Maybe you're are not medically inclined. Everything you take in is passed out as waste. It depends on quantity and quality at that particular time to cause harm.
So once a week is not bad?
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by intruder15(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by yusluvad(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2023
Carbonated drinks na wahala!
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MadamExcellency: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Sambai65:
oga I you continue like that Na when you reach 55-60 you will start feeling the heat

How many years do you think I am now? You have failed in your assumption. Just say 70 or 80. Shift the goal post to 100 and above because so far nothing will ever happen.

You are late to the party already..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by mastermaestro(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
id4sho:
Na to put sugar for pocket begin lick tongue

Please don't remind me of those beautiful days of pure joy. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MadamExcellency: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
yusluvad:
Carbonated drinks na wahala!

What do you say about tobacco and alcohol?

Na artificial food spices dey kill most of them and they are looking for a scapegoat to blame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by stevups(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
psucc:
When you taste any coca-cola drink from neighbouring countries, you will know we're being killed here in Nigeria.

No be lie ooo
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by FireUpNow(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nothing is safe anymore in today's world. Civilization is killing humanity
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by online4business: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Ishilove:

What of malt and energy drinks like Supa Commando?

Any drink that uses the following chemical and artificial sweeteners is dangerous for consumption.

Aspartame
Potassium acesulfame
Potassium benzoate
Sorbitol
Artificial wey protein.
Sucralose
Aluminum phosphate use in salt's and perfume
Chlorine in water and Floride in toothpaste.
Even the new cancer lab grown meat.

Also soy products is being used now to make men women it's infused with estrogen.

Estrogen make men feminine it's the new LGBTQ drug on steroids

Conspiracy theory na you know.

Follow us at your own peril

Google proposition list it contains lots of chemical that cause cancer PCOS in women and defective birth.

Also follow doctor Ted Broer, lee Merritt's and Dr Jason Fung.

Most important of all tell your friend on nairaland phoco you know her.

She's too smart to learn.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Nefort: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
psucc:

All of them na still sugar.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by stevups(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
I am killing myself gradually. I drink 20 Pepsi in a month please help me oo
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by billyG(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
Which way now,even good water is difficult to come by .
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by psucc(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
timefarm:

All theses exaggerated nonsense.
I have tasted in couple of places outside here. No [i]appreciable difference[/i].
Mark the bold.

You have just admitted there's a difference but the level is dependent on individual taste and preference
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Iamzik: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
Draslo:
According to WHO, drinking regular Coke will kill you, we ran and started drinking diet Coke, now they're telling us Diet Coke will kill you too??

Be like say he only sure combination now is Fruits, blender and fridge in that exact order. Life's too short to die quick.

Nothing beats water ......plain and simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Vomits Stray Bullet Lodged In His Skull For Months / Overweight Chinese Man's Belly Help Him Escape Death After He Fell Into A Well / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.