Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ (76304 Views)

WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen / Contaminated Sprite Soft Drinks In Circulation - NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians / Pastor Chibuke Who Declared War On Coronavirus Hospitalized In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 16, 2023
online4business:
Something I've been shouting for years.

Another one is sucralose marketed as Splenda.
Potassium acesulfame and high fructose corn syrup.

Aspartame was approved by the FDA under dubious circumstances so also is bovine growth hormone.

The revolving door policy of FDA should be stop.

Msg and glutamic acid should be stop too.

If you no like learn na you sabi.

You sha want to send loads of Nigeria companies out of business. Cos rhis is what they mainly use in their products. Any young man that does a liver test will surely see something unpleasant. Especially if he has been consuming factory foods with little or no exercise.

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by psucc(m): 6:10am On Jul 16, 2023
AareGaa:

This is a global issue that's affecting even USA. It's not peculiar to Nigeria

Most of you love to lie, exaggerate or fabricate.
Not a matter if exaggeration, have you tasted any of the drinks from or in other countries? If yes, what's your observations? Tell us if there's any difference.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Dybala11(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Looks like the only safe drink to take now is H20 cheesy
Water has what we call it's own LD50, it's about 90g/kgof body weight. Taking some gallons of water within a short time will lead to death, too much of everything is bad. You can confirm this from any scientist, be it a pharmacist, chemist or medical practitioner around you. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MrAmaechi(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2023
Now I understand the meaning of the Zero
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Dybala11(m): 6:24am On Jul 16, 2023
id4sho:
Na to put sugar for pocket begin lick tongue
Quickest way to die. 😂😂😂
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Exjoker(m): 6:56am On Jul 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Looks like the only safe drink to take now is H20 cheesy
Even the WATER you mentioned is not that safe to drink. Bottle and sachet water are full of chemicals and natural water sources are contaminated with microgerms...

Guy, something must kill a man....
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by GanagiBitrus: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2023
Exjoker:
Even the WATER you mentioned is not that safe to drink. Bottle and sachet water are full of chemicals and natural water sources are contaminated with microgerms...

Wahala cheesy
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Acidosis(m): 7:04am On Jul 16, 2023
Exjoker:

If you dig Google and Google scholar databases, you will find some studies that proved the carcinogenicity of chlorine, used for water purification. Pure water and bottle water companies use Chlorine. Bore hole drilling companies use it too because everyone says it is safe and effective.

Na God dey save person.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by GanagiBitrus: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2023
Dybala11:

Water has what we call it's own LD50, it's about 90g/kgof body weight. Taking some gallons of water within a short time will lead to death, too much of everything is bad. You can confirm this from any scientist, be it a pharmacist, chemist or medical practitioner around you. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Yeah, you may be stating a fact, but then nobody takes "gallons of water within a short time".
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Ferdinandu(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://www.thecable.ng/these-soft-drinks-contain-aspartame-the-sweetener-who-declared-possibly-carcinogenic/amp
Abeg Everyone will surely die one day. Eat anything you want to eat that is not obviously poisonous in moderation and enjoy your life before you die. From sugary coke to diet one, everything causes cancer. If you follow everything they said you will find you will even be afraid to drink water.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Dybala11(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Yeah, you may be stating a fact, but then nobody takes "gallons of water within a short time".
It's not a matter of may brother, it's a fact. The concept of LD50 is used to refer to the toxicity of chemical materials in chemistry and other fields.
Your last statement is right too, it's rare to see people taking gallons of water at once. Water is the safest liquid or probably even the safest substance to ingest. The safety cap is usually around or below 20-28 litres per day, anything above that can lead to "water intoxication" which can be critical/life threatening. I laughed the first day I was taught about this concept and this example was given while I was still at university. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by waice6571: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2023
All these products are being produced under the watchful eyes Food and Drugs Administration and Control yet, we still have to be discussing harmful effects from these products to the consumers.... Isn't that shameful?

What is the relevance of Consumers Protection Agency, Standard Organisation of Nigeria et:all in our society? Government collect direct tax and all manner or frivolous charges from these companies in exchange for consumer safety.

What kind of fruits blend that tastes like what we have in Chivita drinks.. and other products from that line? Unfortunately, the people in our high offices knows nothing about all of these. lipsrsealed shocked
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by 4evayours: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2023
Thank God say alcohol no dey the list if not, wetin man for take :- grin grin
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2023
samwash:

Five bottles of those soft drink is till on a high side my brother.
Multiply the five bottles a month by 12 months, then by 5yrs or even ten years.
How will your body reacts to the side effects in 25-20 yrs from now .
Think about it.

Calm down….. no be so e dey work

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Porksupplyib: 7:32am On Jul 16, 2023
DropsMic:
Stop consuming sugary drinks…

Most beers contain more sugar than "surgery drinks"
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by fsb(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2023
psucc:
When you taste any coca-cola drink from neighbouring countries, you will know we're being killed here in Nigeria.

Here, water + anything goes.

Aspartame is used worldwide and not just in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Fuckyoumod: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Josbreed:

How about those whi don't get to drink 5 bottles in a minth but still die by accidents and bandits? Die na die. E better make enjoyment kee person than no enjoyment and still die premruredly.
number one, drinking coke is not enjoyment. If you have money and want enjoyment please fresh fruit juice is superb.
Number 2, it's better to die knowing you did not cause your death with your own hand.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Mpanyi: 8:04am On Jul 16, 2023
samwash:

Think about it.

Not high at all

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by tonymyke4life(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2023
samwash:

Think about it.
. The body needs sugar. 5bottles a month is ok. It's d excess consumption that is an issue here.

2 Likes

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Nasri100(m): 8:15am On Jul 16, 2023
Jacobx007:

Even if it's only water you drink, YOU WILL STILL DIE

Relax i cant be here forever.

I am here for a good time.

Besides, stop trying to be God Almighty. You are nothing. You are mortal. Nil. You hold no say or prediction about other mortals like you.

Focus on your own coffin date, my boy.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by GanagiBitrus: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2023
samwillyco1:

Add natural fruit juice to it, just blend it and you are good to go.
👍

1 Like

Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by GanagiBitrus: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2023
Dybala11:

It's not a matter of may brother, it's a fact. The concept of LD50 is used to refer to the toxicity of chemical materials in chemistry and other fields.
Your last statement is right too, it's rare to see people taking gallons of water at once. Water is the safest liquid or probably even the safest substance to ingest. The safety cap is usually around or below 20-28 litres per day, anything above that can lead to "water intoxication" which can be critical/life threatening. I laughed the first day I was taught about this concept and this example was given while I was still at university. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
👍✌️
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by kmaster007: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2023
Even CR7 rejected soft drinks
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Justiceleague1: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2023
I knew there was something wrong with 7up..stopped drinking it long long ago..
Those bottled Fanta is suspect also

Thank God my dear pet bottle Pepsi ain't in the list. And can Fanta too.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by plumcomm: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2023
samwash:

Think about it.
dey play
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by online4business: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2023
Juliearth:

MSG withdrawal would be hard because the boullion cubes we use in cooking are heavily laced with this compound.

Was your great grandma using these chemicals?

We just have reasons to keep eating unhealthy foods sha.

Msg and glutamic acid are the leading cause of brain cancer and seizure.

The ball is in your court.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Banhammy717: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Please always detoxify with Agbo Jedi
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by online4business: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2023
litigator:

You sha want to send loads of Nigeria companies out of business. Cos rhis is what they mainly use in their products. Any young man that does a liver test will surely see something unpleasant. Especially if he has been consuming factory foods with little or no exercise.

So they should keep increasing peoples risk to cancer to stay in business

Na kabbalah you be I swear you and zigma f na the same grade ona be.

Aspartame was passed by the FDA when the person in charge of overseeing the research was the lawyer to san Santos aka evil corporation.

Even after studies upon studies that it causes cancer.

The guy even because the head of the FDA so nobody could even challenge the claims.

So was bovine growth hormone still in use in milk till day.

Potassium acesulfame was made to replace aspartame it's as dangerous if not worst than aspartame.

Your excuses no hold any water. Years ago there were alternative like sucrose which was expensive.

These added sugar are used because it's cheap and can be made in the lab.

. another one they should ban is blue dyes and yellow dyes it trigger allergic reaction in kids.

ADHD in kids in America is growing this dye is used only in America.

Here's what grinds my gears.

It's ban in cosmetics but still use in food.

American have been completely taken over by the food and drug companies.

Black rock and vanguard these companies own all the companies that produce these foods almost world wide except Russian and China.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2023
online4business:

Aspartame was approved by the FDA under dubious circumstances so also is bovine growth hormone.

Oga which is safe to drink

Recommend!
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2023
online4business:

Oga which one is safe to drink
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by Nuzo1(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2023
samwash:

Think about it.

You are only calculating from one side.

Do you know if that’s the only major source of sugar to his body?

Our bodies also need sugar. For lack of it can also be disastrous to our nervous systems.

Everything should be done in moderation.
Re: These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ by online4business: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2023
MondayOsunbor:

Oga which is safe to drink

Recommend!

Lemons water sweetned with Stevia to taste that's all I drink even my daughter as far away as she is she has made it a habit.

Also original honey.

Even the food companies has started making lab Stevia but e no go work for them.

Stevia is the only recommended sugar for diabetics..... Take this to the bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Vomits Stray Bullet Lodged In His Skull For Months / Overweight Chinese Man's Belly Help Him Escape Death After He Fell Into A Well / Mad Man And Woman Trying To Have Sex In Abia Caught. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.