Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa (265 Views)

Follow Up: Nigerian Locked Up for the Case of Rape —The Walk, The End. / 5 Guys Drug And Rape 2 Girls They Met Via Facebook In Lagos - Photos / T.I Nathan 2012 Tweet About Rape: "The Day I See You I'm Going To Rape You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa by BetterHeadline: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
•Islamist armed groups have carried out widespread killings, rapes, and lootings of villages in northeast Mali since January 2023 forcing thousands of people to flee.

•Security has deteriorated sharply amid clashes between two armed Islamist groups as they seek to control supply routes and increase their influence. The UN peacekeepers’ departure makes things worse.

•The Malian authorities need to ramp up efforts to protect civilians and work closely with international partners to ensure that displaced people have access to aid and basic services.

•Security in Ménaka and Gao regions has deteriorated sharply amid clashes between the Islamic State in the Greater Sahara (ISGS) and the rival Al-Qaeda-linked Group for the Support of Islam and Muslims ( Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wa al-Muslimeen , JNIM), as both Islamist armed groups seek to control supply routes and increase their areas of influence.

•From my hiding place, said a 49-year old man, I saw two fighters entering the courtyard [where two women were]. I heard them speaking in Fulfulde and Tamashek and asking the women: “Where is your husband?” The women replied that they didn’t know ... and then I heard gunshots and saw the women falling to the ground.
The man added that, when he left his hiding place, he found that the women had been “both shot in the head.”

•The fighters rape women, said a 70-year old man, We call it rape because if they like a woman in the village, they kidnap her and force her to sleep with [all of] them. To justify this rape, they tell us that it is a marriage .… If they don’t want the woman anymore, they release her and say she has been divorced .… Another system they use is that if they ask for your daughter in marriage, you have to give her against your will, under threat, and then if the fighter no longer wants her, he passes her to another fighter ... a system of gang rape..

SOURCE For More Reading.
Re: Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa by BetterHeadline: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2023
Apologies for not posting the whole article here. It is quite long. It'd be better to visit the source provided above to read the whole article.
Re: Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa by ItsReal: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
Why you dey cherry-pick articles on the website. Na only muslim related violence you they bring come here while there are multitudes all across the world on the same website.

1 Like

Re: Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa by STRI1: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2023
Fool. Looking for false evidences everywhere. Mumu.

At least get sense and be useful to yourself.

Mumu jew
Re: Killings And Rape: The Religion Of Peace In West Africa by mrgreen4real(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
ItsReal:
Why you dey cherry-pick articles on the website. Na only muslim related violence you they bring come here while there are multitudes all across the world on the same website.

Oga goan source for your own and bring it up to nairaland pple will read it. Stop castigating someone's effort. If the story is true then you shouldn't have any problem with this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Six Individuals Apprehended For Gang Rape In Anambra State, Nigeria / NDLEA Uncovers Illicit Drugs Concealed In Tomato Tins / Police-uncover Arms Factory In Lagos, Nab 2 Operators - SN News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.