Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh (12649 Views)

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth / Daniel Okoh Elected President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You don't sound like someone who's a believer of Christ and that makes you either an atheist or a non-Christian. I've read lots of your reactions to several reasonable opinions and posts , including those confirmed and backed by the biblical words and teachings, which you have kicked against here in NL.

Only atheists and non-Christians would behave that way. You could be either of these or both. People don't have to start swearing by their lives before you'd believe any story just because it didn't happen in your presence or it's got no match as your faith or reasoning. Those bible teachings you've attacked here in the past made you more of a non-believer. But God knows how to handle people like you, not me, not any human. Bye
See this one whose trails reeks of a confused babalawo disciple hiding behind the mentions of the name of Jesus Christ pretending that when Jesus Christ said, "By their fruits you shall know them..." , Jesus Christ was somehow speaking also to Him. undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:
According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste. Stop wasting your time in the church praying and fasting without engaging in any handiwork. It doesn't work that way. You don't expect God to fall down from heaven and help you when you are not doing something meaningful.

Finally, it is good to see a pastor who can deliver a true message to his followers. It's actually a breath of fresh air to see this because oftentimes, these pastors and so-called men of GOD thrive in lies and deception to rob and steal from their followers. They live a very opulent lifestyle while most of their followers don't even know where their next meal would come from, It boggles the mind to even think that some people would believe the lies that come out of their mouths. How can any person with any brain cells believe that he could fast and pray all day while doing nothing else and expect to sustain his life? Even the Bible that these preachers read and supposedly preach from tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10, "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." So, how then can these deceivers and liars from the pit of HELL with a straight be encouraging their followers to sit in church all day fasting and praying in hopes that manna would fall from heaven? I hate to disappoint these sloths, but it does not work. If you do NOT work and you decide to stay home or in your church all freaking day fasting and praying, just like this pastor said, you will die of hunger. Africans especially Nigerians need to understand the principles of life that GOD does not work in a vacuum. Just like in any biological reaction, you must have a substrate, so must you work in other for GOD to bless your handiwork as you fast and pray
This is what Jesus Christ said of all those who embrace the doctrines and traditions of men, all of whom He said are hypocrites.
7 You are hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he spoke for God about you:
8 These people honor me with their words, but I am not really important to them.
9 Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules.’ - Matthew 15 vs 7 - 9
6 Jesus answered, “You are all hypocrites. Isaiah was right when he wrote these words from God about you:‘These people honor me with their words, but I am not really important to them.
7 Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules.’
8 You have stopped following God’s commands, preferring instead the man-made rules you got from others.”
9 Then he said, “You show great skill in avoiding the commands of God so that you can follow your own teachings! - Mark 7 vs 6 - 9
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Chucks13: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
Going to church Monday to Sunday I swear you will only be spiritual millionaire but physically and financially very very poor because the time you should have use to hustle you have spend it in the church to please one pastor and not God.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ogascomax: 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You could be hardworking and still die of hunger.

Being hard-working doesn't guarantee the lack of hunger.

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5

Modified:

To all those who couldn't comprehend my point, kindly read and understand.

Jesus who made it easy work for them to catch many fishes than they'd ever done with all their hard work in life, used the illustration of the birds of the air who don't toil but God feeds to prove to them that it's not by hard work but obedience of God's Word. Hence the saying, "seek first the Kingdom of God and everything shall be added to you".

After all, God made it easy for man in the beginning when man didn't need to work hard to feed but just to obey God's Word. God made feeding free for man, but man only had to work hard to feed after he disobeyed the Word of God and God told him he will have to toil and sweat to be able to eat of the ground.

So actually man loves to work hard but hates to obey God, but obedience is the most important thing spiritually speaking. If all you have in this world is hardwork but you don't obey God's Word, you have gained nothing in Truth.

God bless.

Bro you spoke well. They are people with several skills and talents yet still poor. Na by grace abeg. I have seen uneducated or intelligent being heads of some places.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Chucks13:
■ Going to church Monday to Sunday I swear you will only be spiritual millionaire but physically and financially very very poor because the time you should have use to hustle you have spend it in the church to please one pastor and not God.
Spiritual millionaire of compound fool? God no send anyone go church nor did He send anyone to work Jobs and companies in His Name - John 6 vs 25 - 35. All of man's spirituality has nothing to do with God so one who doesn't believe in God at all is far better than all of your many spiritual millionaires. undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ufotunang: 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5

Modified:

Jesus who made it easy work for them to catch many fishes than they'd ever done with all their hard work in life, used the illustration of the birds of the air who don't toil but God feeds to prove to them that it's not by hard work but obedience of God's Word. Hence the saying, "seek first the Kingdom of God and everything shall be added to you".

After all, God made it easy for man in the beginning when man didn't need to work hard to feed but just to obey God's Word. God made feeding free for man, but man only had to work hard to feed after he disobeyed the Word of God and God told him he will have to toil and sweat to be able to eat of the ground.

So actually man loves to work hard but hates to obey God, but obedience is the most important thing spiritually speaking. If all you have in this world is hardwork but you don't obey God's Word, you have gained nothing in Truth.

God bless.
.... the Bible says faith without work is dead...the Bible also says I will bless the hand of your labour, your work...the Bible also says no food for a lazy man
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ufotunang: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
You are saying the truth.... for the Bible says faith without work is dead, ..the Bible also says I will bless the hands of your labour, your work, the Bible also says no food for a lazy man
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Coledatalord: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nice
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Jephsticks: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2023
When your fasting and praying without having any source of income you will die of hunger certainly
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Good question. Evil people could allow you to get to a point in life and wait for you with close monitoring until when you get to a point where your efforts of many years would start to pay off and truncate it.

Most of the problems we all have or face in life can be traced to our backgrounds while some were caused by us cos of either our negligence or naivety. That's human nature. There are several of such examples in the bible and in our generation too. There are many first class graduates today who are roaming the streets. It's not ordinary my brother. I attended one interview years back, during which we were discussing generally as applicants...we were just rubbing minds together. One guy said people get employed every day despite how though it has always been in the Labour market and without even influencing it. That's why we should pray always

Smiles. Wonderful !
And who are the evil people who wait for people to keep succeeding academically and get out of school only to make them unsuccessful in the labour market? cheesy

I will be sincere with you , this explanation you have given is only an africanalized Christianity outlook to matters. We see every setback individuals face as a Christian as "Enemy attack" "evil people" . grin
We feel because we are yet to get a job on time one enemy is on our case. Because we are yet to gain admission it is a "family problem" because we have delay in childbirth it is a spiritual attack etc. grin
It is a really pathetic situation.
Delay in childbirth which IVF will end up solving then u will hear people testifying that it was their enemy that was defeated in battle. grin. It is well.

The mistake many of us make is trying to make a spiritual meaning of every problem in this country.
You think it is the devil or your enemy is the one that don't want you to get a job, when for a fact your country is suffering from massive unemployment. Your industries are closing down. Competition is very stiff. Yes some will still keep getting employed. But everyone can't get gainfully employed. The jobs are scarce.
This is not one family problem or evil people problem (as you all like to paint it) it is the countries problem.

Often times there are no evil enemies on Nigerians case. It is simply life.
Life is about time and chance. Understanding this will make you labour less.

As a Christian no power of the enemy can operate in your life if you wear the armour of God. So do your best to always put on that armour and stop giving powers to unseen imaginary enemies.

Even Christ did not promise us of a tribulation free life as a Christian.

And I will so love you to point me to a biblical reference of these enemies you talk about.
I wonder if they were so irrelevant that Christ said we should pray for them.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Melagros(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
idonhammer:
You must be commenting from Bet9ja shop.

Abi grin
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Melagros(m): 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
ictplotter:

Stupid biblical mental slavery.
I dey tell you
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Porksupplyib:
As a Christian no power of the enemy can operate in your life if you wear the armour of God. So do your best to always put on that armour and stop giving powers to unseen imaginary enemies.
Even Christ did not promise us of a tribulation free life as a Christian. And I will so love you to point me to a biblical reference of these enemies you talk about. I wonder if they were so irrelevant that Christ said we should pray for them.
Interesting claim there in bold. According to Scripture, the only one able to wear the armor of God is Jesus Christ https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122627307

So, how did you go about putting on an armor specifically for Jesus Christ to dorn? Care to explain. undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Porksupplyib:
Nigerians have decided to build thousands of prayer houses based on their belief in prayers, yet they have built next to zero industries and factories. Every available space has been turned into a church, yet they pray for jobs in those spaces. Who are you all decieving ?

Will God come down to give brother John a job when you you have not created an opening as a human? We pray very unnecessary prayers in Nigeria.
That is the simple truth
True
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by GUNITGuy: 3:20am On Jul 17, 2023
So all this hard work Nigerians go through is what .....oh Politicians are hard working....
While a Nigerian that toil all day yet can't feed himself and his family well is lazy ...
Life no balance
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Nsogbu001(m): 4:46am On Jul 17, 2023
CaptMarvel:
I don't understand? Why would a church put a flat screen behind the pastor? If I can't see the pastor in front of me, how would I see the thing on the flatscreen that's behind the pastor.

People that pray and fast also have handiwork, some pray to get handiwork, it's good to do one without leaving the other.
The screen is to read some bible quote and not to see the pastor
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by payloader(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Modified:

God bless.
Truthfully, you must still have something doing, because God needs something of yours to bless;(Deuteronomy 15:10 KJV).......the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by samjay2020: 9:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Practical truth
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim there in bold. According to Scripture, the only one able to wear the armor of God is Jesus Christ https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122627307

So, how did you go about putting on an armor specifically for Jesus Christ to dorn? Care to explain. undecided

Is there any point trying to explain the scripture to someone who selects what to believe within the gospel? Someone who doesn't believe the teachings and admonisions of the apostles ?
Absolutely not! cheesy

For that reason you are excused dear.

I have always said it but I will reiterate today ; Endevour to preach your own sermon and make your points very clear. Open threads for them and state it boldly that Paul and other apostles were not led by the holy spirit. No need beating around the bush.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2023
payloader:

Truthfully, you must still have something doing, because God needs something of yours to bless;(Deuteronomy 15:10 KJV).......the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
So you actually believe there's any greater work God blesses than seeking His Kingdom of God, which Jesus commanded you should do and God shall add everything to you? Luke 12:33

By the way, I'm not against doing other works, but trying to pin such man-made ideas on God is what I'm against.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2023
ufotunang:
.... the Bible says faith without work is dead...the Bible also says I will bless the hand of your labour, your work...the Bible also says no food for a lazy man
Jesus says the birds of the air do not work yet the Father feeds them, how much more are humans better than them? Luke 12:26

Jesus said do not worry about what you will eat or drink and cloths you'd wear, because it's the gentiles (world) that worry about such things but seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you. Luke 12:31-33

By the way, if you thought the work being spoken about in the respect of faith @bolded, is that which you do for your own self, you haven't gotten the least idea of what it means. The works has nothing to do with the work you do for yourself but the work you do for God as seeking His Kingdom, so stop confusing the two.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
Porksupplyib:
Is there any point trying to explain the scripture to someone who selects what to believe within the gospel? Someone who doesn't believe the teachings and admonisions of the apostles ?
Absolutely not! cheesy For that reason you are excused dear. I have always said it but I will reiterate today ; Endevour to preach your own sermon and make your points very clear. Open threads for them and state it boldly that Paul and other apostles were not led by the holy spirit. No need beating around the bush.
1. I didn't ask you to explain scripture to me since scripture requires none of that as far as one has God as His Teacher. I instead asked you to explain your claim which in itself stands against that which is documented in the book of the prophets. undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't ask you to explain scripture to me since scripture requires none of that as far as one has God as His Teacher. I instead asked you to explain your claim which in itself stands against that which is documented in the book of the prophets. undecided

Smiles
Eph 6:11-13

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness in this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

That was Paul admonishing us christians to put on the armour of God.

Do you need any other explanation ? cheesy
I am waiting for you to say Paul's teachings are irrelevant. grin
No be today.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
Porksupplyib:
Smiles
Eph 6:11-13
That was Paul admonishing us christians to put on the armour of God.

■ Do you need any other explanation ? cheesy
I am waiting for you to say Paul's teachings are irrelevant. grin No be today.
Again, Interesting. According to Scripture, the only one able to wear the armor of God is Jesus Christ https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122627307

So, how did you go about putting on an armor specifically for Jesus Christ to dorn? Care to explain. Or is it that you haven't actually "put on" this armor on yourself and so have no answers? undecided

2. Paul said Jesus Christ is the authority over him so it is easy to circle back to what the authority in fact said in order to understand what Paul alludes to. You, however , reject Jesus Christ and go about attempting to pitch Paul against Jesus Christ in your beliefs. So, tell us, how did you go about putting on said armor as you claim? undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, Interesting. According to Scripture, the only one able to wear the armor of God is Jesus Christ https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#122627307

So, how did you go about putting on an armor specifically for Jesus Christ to dorn? Care to explain. Or is it that you haven't actually "put on" this armor on yourself and so have no answers? undecided

2. Paul said Jesus Christ is the authority over him so it is easy to circle back to what the authority in fact said in order to understand what Paul alludes to. You, however , reject Jesus Christ and go about attempting to pitch Paul against Jesus Christ in your beliefs. So, tell us, how did you go about putting on said armor as you claim? undecided

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Here we go again. I am not surprised. grin
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ufotunang: 7:20am On Jul 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Jesus says the birds of the air do not work yet the Father feeds them, how much more are humans better than them? Luke 12:26

Jesus said do not worry about what you will eat or drink and cloths you'd wear, because it's the gentiles (world) that worry about such things but seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you. Luke 12:31-33

By the way, if you thought the work being spoken about in the respect of faith @bolded, is that which you do for your own self, you haven't gotten the least idea of what it means. The works has nothing to do with the work you do for yourself but the work you do for God as seeking His Kingdom, so stop confusing the two.
.....so people or nigerians should not work , so people or nigerians should not go to their place of work, office, shop, bussinesses...but they should just sit at home pray from morning till night everyday and after the prayers God will drop money and food from heaven for them ..and food for them to eat ...is this what you mean?....
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by sunshineV(f): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Ever8090:
no, you are the one that is stupid..ask me how...
how? if Dem born your papa well no reply me
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by sunshineV(f): 7:44am On Jul 18, 2023
Biola67:

you sha wan sound smart.
na if u smart u go understand
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Biola67: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2023
sunshineV:
na if u smart u go understand
Kpele
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Ever8090: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2023
sunshineV:
how? if Dem born your papa well no reply me
them born my papa well but I go still answer you....

The "HOW" is because you are a very stewpit somebary
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by sunshineV(f): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ever8090:
them born my papa well but I go still answer you....

The "HOW" is because you are a very stewpit somebary
😂😂😂😂😂ode
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by FRANCISTOWN: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
Nsogbu001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTBLbOML5Q

According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste.

Stop wasting your time in the church praying and fasting without engaging in any handiwork. It doesn't work that way.

You don't expect God to fall down from heaven and help you when you are not doing something meaningful.

Listen carefully and mediate over it as you go to church today.
Got bless us all.

Even your Pastors and Revereneds know that this shit don't work, bros come clean no dey hide🤣🤣🤣

Don't waste your time fasting and praying.

Get your acts together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / Pastor Kumuyi's Easter Message: Suicide Not The Way Out Of Economic Hardship / Six Important Ways To Please God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.