Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh (12660 Views)

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth / Daniel Okoh Elected President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by idonhammer: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2023
Nti Odikwa
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Zupay: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You be hardworking and still die of hunger.

Being hard-working doesn't guarantee the lack of hunger.

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5
And when Jesus showed up , there were about at their work place and HE blessed their efforts, they caught more than they hoped for, they were not idling away in a betting shop

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5

Lol. How many ships did Jesus sit in to make them catch plenty fishes? I guess all the big fishing boats that have been catching millions of fishes even at that time had the presence of Jesus in their boats?

Well all those are by the way. Don't miss the message. It Is very simple. Do the work to expect the result. Don't just pray.
He is not saying don't pray.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ictplotter(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2023
Profadvocate:
Well said

Grace is the answer bro...
U can work all day with even fasting and prayers and nothing is working out.

There are several factors that could be responsible rather than ur hard work

But grace is the answer to break through
Biblical scam called grace.
Whatever a man sow, he must reap. Success comes with commitment, patient and sacrifice in one's endeavor not grace.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Opanka44(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

True talk sir. It is Grace. We have seen many hardworking people die of hunger while lazy ones enjoy. Though I'm not saying been lazy is good. I'm hardworking but nothing is working. Can u pls help?
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2023
Profadvocate:
Well said

Grace is the answer bro...
U can work all day with even fasting and prayers and nothing is working out.

There are several factors that could be responsible rather than ur hard work

But grace is the answer to break through

Hope you know that you can pray all day and night and still get no result? That is the story of millions of Nigerians who think prayers is everything .

The grace you talk about is what has been working for many who did not even pray. So it is not until you sweat in prayer.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Ever8090: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2023
sunshineV:
lol a god that expect you to starve before he can bless you๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Africans are y'all not stupweed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
no, you are the one that is stupid..ask me how...

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by michlins(m): 9:49am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

it's funny which part of the Bible you folks dwell on. Apart from that particular day,were they not catching fishes and doing well for themselves?

God just made an exceptional case on that particular day to convert them not that there are no fishes for them to catch

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Nigerians have decided to build thousands of prayer houses based on their belief in prayers, yet they have built next to zero industries and factories. Every available space has been turned into a church, yet they pray for jobs in those spaces. Who are you all decieving ?

Will God come down to give brother John a job when you you have not created an opening as a human? We pray very unnecessary prayers in Nigeria.
That is the simple truth

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by TheGift: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Yes, but when they "prayed" to the master. They didn't sit in their house and wait for fish to fall through the roof. They still went out to do the work.

The problem with many Christian's is that they pray to God then wait for the answer to fall from the sky. Forgetting that God will always use what is in your hands.

God has really blessed me financially in last few years, I have enough testimonies , but a lot of it was through the works of my hands.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2023
michlins:
it's funny which part of the Bible you folks dwell on. Apart from that particular day,were they not catching fishes and doing well for themselves?

God just made an exceptional case on that particular day to convert them not that there are no fishes for them to catch

God bless you o. grin
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Eriokanmi: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Very correct, especially when you pray amiss. I worked in a popular telecom company years back. I wasn't making a headway despite all the accrued benefits. I now resigned and went to inform the man of God, a successful first generation chartered accountant in Nigeria, who stood as my guarantor and informed him I had left the company. He now said, hmmm! I was thinking you were doing very well as I wasn't hearing from you since you joined the company.

He said to me, please, pray that the Lord should lead you in the right direction and show you the right path to your career freedom. God answered that prayer. Meanwhile, before then I had always been praying that God should provide a better job for me, which payed much better and with much more benefits in same sector, not knowing I was directing my prayer elsewhere.

In the bible, Peter and his brother had toiled all through the night but caught no fish. But Jesus said, put down your net and they said master, we've toiled all through the night with no catch (still telling stories) but at your word, we'd cast down the net. We knew what happened next. You can imagine they had been applying their same usual experience as fishermen in catching fish and without listening to Jesus when he spoke. They'd have left for home with fruitless efforts.

Pastor Adeboye was praying for just a house to be built for God for the gathering of His people and God told him stop asking me for a house. because I can give you a city and he changed the prayer point. Today, anyone who visits the redemption camp would know its a city indeed. Its bigger than the entire VI and lekki put together. One auditorium alone is 4x4 km in size, not to talk of the old ones and where people built houses and live. There's nothing you'd look for in a city that you'd not find there, except an airport but there's a helipad. They had their own power plant.

A friend of mine had a problem traceable to his family background. He's very intelligent and graduated top of his set. He'd write aptitude tests but they'd not call him. There was one in which he was second on the list of those who applied to Nigeria breweries job in those days. I was the one who collected the parcel which their rep who was driving a brand new Toyota condor brought to him cos he wasn't around to receive it. He asked me, where's our new colleague? He was one of the finalists selected from across Nigeria. They were just 6 in number. I was so happy for him. He just got married too and his ex wife was so happy. In the letter, they told him they'd invite them soon for a chat before resumption. That was the last he heard of them. All the 5 were employed except him. Today, one of them is an oga at the NB.

My friend was very prayerful but always prayed amiss. The day he tackled the family background war as exposed to him by a man of God during an intense prayer session, and those evil people told him they've left him alone ooo when the unseen fire of God hit them, was the beginning of his freedom. He has recovered all. His family relocated to UK but he stayed back home due to his thriving career. He never knew the problem was his family background. He was always praying for better jobs which he'd never get, though great opportunities kept coming his way. I have several similar stories but time won't permit me to tell it all.

4 Likes

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2023
You know the amusing thing we all forget to think about?
That is the fact that the prayers of a sinner is an abomination unto God.
So if you live and dwell in sin (like many so called christians do) but only know and remember that you are a Christian when you want something from God, and then you pray for 24hrs non stop, you are only making noise! Nothing more nothing less!

You don't expect to gain favour from one you have been disregarding his ways.

As a father will you be there to answer a child who does not obey you? Who does what he likes but only remembers you when he is hungry and wants something?

A man who has just duped his company of millions of naira is in church singing and dancing, praying to God. Giving offering.
And you believe he is praying? grin

In conclusion , most prayers by many so called christians are only physical gymnastic and wasteful labouring.
You need to live in the secret place of the almighty to be able to access his attention and power.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by clearcrystal: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Stop confusing yourself, hand that doesn't work should crave for food.
Yes, you can work hard and still don't make it but you won't go hungry.

If you engage in unnecessary fasting, you can develop ulcer and you will start querying God.
In whatever we do, we must always apply wisdom.
Prayer without work is dead on arrival.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by TajuDEENaMao: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2023
helinues:
Fasting?

Hahaha, no be everyone dey joke with their stomachs
You're always on Nairaland spewing trash from Monday through Sunday, morning till night. You better find something meaningful to do or else you'll kpฤ™mฤ™ from hunger like what the reverend said.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Ttipsy(f): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2023
And sitting in the house doing fasting and prayer without working ??
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by DrAda(f): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2023
Truer words are yet to be spoken. Well said sir.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by AbuTwins: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2023
Na destiny!
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Religion / Christianity is not an assurance to good life. I have seen so many holy and born again people die of sickness, depression, hunger and so on.
Don't let anyone fool you!!!

God bless you. That is the mistake many make. We have redefined what Christianity means
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by AngelicBeing: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Religion / Christianity is not an assurance to good life. I have seen so many holy and born again people die of sickness, depression, hunger and so on.
Don't let anyone fool you!!!
Salvation from Sin does not exempt you from the battles of life but rather it gives you the Platform to fight those battles and as long as you keep fighting those battles with relevant biblical weapons, you will overcome, Excel and succeed in life, life itself is a battle ground and not a playground, only true fighters prevail in the multifaceted battles of life as long as they don't give up,
Winners never quit and quitters never win, as one battle is coming to an end, several others are waiting for you, so you must keep fighting and keep your Weapons of Warfare battle ready daily cheesy
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by alobright17(m): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

So what's your own solution? Are you saying Peter and Andrew never caught fishes previous years. That particular period was meant to teach. They've been successful fishers.

You don't need prayers and fasting to be rich take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2023
alobright17:

So what's your own solution? Are you saying Peter and Andrew never caught fishes previous years. That particular period was meant to teach. They've been successful fishers.

You don't need prayers and fasting to be rich take it or leave it.
You don't need hard work to be rich.

And this doesn't mean via diabolic or illicit means, because a few are made richer than many hardworkers combined simply by being born into the family of the world's richest.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Grandkay21(m): 10:51am On Jul 16, 2023
Work hard while you pray too
jesusjnr2020:
You could be hardworking and still die of hunger.

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Grandkay21(m): 10:53am On Jul 16, 2023
Find a work, many priests are teacher, lecturers etc
Umsworld:

wetin be god of men man of God handiwork

Just asking for a friends grandma
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Daniluv1(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2023
orisa37:
THE BIBLE IS THE BREAD OF LIFE.
WE DON'T DIE BY THE BREAD, WE LIVE BY THE BIBLE.

Mugu
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Porksupplyib: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Very correct, especially when you pray amiss. I worked in a popular telecom company years back. I wasn't making a headway despite all the accrued benefits. I now resigned and went to inform the man of God, a successful first generation chartered accountant in Nigeria, who stood as my guarantor and informed him I had left the company. He now said, hmmm! I was thinking you were doing very well as I wasn't hearing from you since you joined the company.

He said to me, please, pray that the Lord should lead you in the right direction and show you the right path to your career freedom. God answered that prayer. Meanwhile, before then I had always been praying that God should provide a better job for me, which payed much better and with much more benefits in same sector, not knowing I was directing my prayer elsewhere.

In the bible, Peter and his brother had toiled all through the night but caught no fish. But Jesus said, put down your net and they said master, we've toiled all through the night with no catch (still telling stories) but at your word, we'd cast down the net. We knew what happened next. You can imagine they had been applying their same usual experience as fishermen in catching fish and without listening to Jesus when he spoke. They'd have left for home with fruitless efforts.

Pastor Adeboye was praying for just a house to be built for God for the gathering of His people and God told him stop asking me for a house. because I can give you a city and he changed the prayer point. Today, anyone who visits the redemption camp would know its a city indeed. Its bigger than the entire VI and lekki put together. One auditorium alone is 4x4 km in size, not to talk of the old ones and where people built houses and live. There's nothing you'd look for in a city that you'd not find there, except an airport but there's a helipad. They had their own power plant.

A friend of mine had a problem traceable to his family background. He's very intelligent and graduated top of his set. He'd write aptitude tests but they'd not call him. There was one in which he was second on the list of those who applied to Nigeria breweries job in those days. I was the one who collected the parcel which their rep who was driving a brand new Toyota condor brought to him cos he wasn't around to receive it. He asked me, where's our new colleague? He was one of the finalists selected from across Nigeria. They were just 6 in number. I was so happy for him. He just got married too and his ex wife was so happy. In the letter, they told him they'd invite them soon for a chat before resumption. That was the last he heard of them. All the 5 were employed except him. Today, one of them is an oga at the NB.

My friend was very prayerful but always prayed amiss. The day he tackled the family background war as exposed to him by a man of God during an intense prayer session, and those evil people told him they've left him alone ooo when the unseen fire of God hit them, was the beginning of his freedom. He has recovered all. His family relocated to UK but he stayed back home due to his thriving career. He never knew the problem was his family background. He was always praying for better jobs which he'd never get, though great opportunities kept coming his way. I have several similar stories but time won't permit me to tell it all.

Interesting success story. I have one question though cheesy. How did he become top in his set when according to you he had "family background problem".
His family background problem forgot to attack his academic success?
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by phemmyfour: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Balance your message

The following morning, he still cast his net at the command of Jesus. The fish didn't jump into his boat.

Combination of hard work and prayer bring success

Lk 5:5-6

But because you say so, I will let down the nets.โ€

6 When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by IkePeters(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2023
Truth ๐Ÿ’ฏ
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by alobright17(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You don't need hard work to be rich.

And this doesn't mean via diabolic or illicit means, because a few are made richer than many hardworkers combined simply by being born into the family of the world's richest.
you never understand the point of the message of hard work , it is for those that prays from morning to night year to year thinking Miracle money will fall from somewhere . Theyโ€™re just joking
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by millionboi2: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

very true, it's the lord that showed mercy.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Biola67: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
sunshineV:
lol a god that expect you to starve before he can bless you๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Africans are y'all not stupweed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
you sha wan sound smart.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.