Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? (9614 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2023
What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

For me, it's walking.

I just feel most prayerfully charged when I walking and praying.

Although it wasn't the posture I started my prayer life with, it's that which appeared to stick after having tried other postures overtime, as it seemed to be the most fitting and suitable for me while praying.

Perhaps it has something to do with the factor of sleep.

Sleep is perhaps the biggest threat to prayer.

The disciples of Christ missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime to pray with Jesus at the most crucial stage of His life and ministry on Earth because of sleep. Matthew 26:37-45

Though it was late at night, they ought to be praying at particular point in time, especially after Jesus asked them to watch with Him, but sleep made them miss out of that rare privilege.

That's why it's important not to fall asleep while praying, so that's one area where walking helps me a lot, because it's hard for me to fall asleep during prayer while the walking. Especially during midnight prayer when I need to be awake.

I noticed that once I stopped walking sometimes to rest a bit, and took up another posture, maybe kneeling down or sitting, no matter how I tried to shake my body to enable me remain awake, it's almost impossible for me not to fall asleep after a while.

So although I still utilize other postures while praying, like sitting, kneeling, prostrating or bowing down, etc. my favourite prayer posture is walking.

God bless.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2023
My least favourite posture while praying is lying down. It seems to be an invitation to sleep, especially when I'm feeling weak and tired.

I would be praying and the next thing, I'm dozing off. If I wake up and continue praying, I would keep dozing off.

If I don't get up and take up another prayer posture, especially walking, but continue lying down, I noticed that I usually won't be able to make any significant headway in my prayers. I would keep repeating myself until the sleep gets deeper to the point I'm completely cut off and not able to pray anymore for a while, only to later wake up later to realize that I haven't really left where I was before I started feeling sleepy.

It's just once in a while that I'm able to pray while lying down for a significant period without falling asleep, so although it is the most comfortable posture for my flesh, it seems the most dangerous to my spiritual life, because I am supposed to pray so that I wouldn't fall into temptation, for the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing according to Jesus.

Moreover my spirit is not always very comfortable with it because it often gives the impression that it's not a very humble way of appearing before God in prayer.

That's why it's the least favourite prayer posture for me, however that may not be the case for believers who have better experiences with that posture while praying, as someone here who once told me it's her favourite prayer posture, so it may be different strokes for different folks really when it comes to prayer postures.

If it doesn't make them sleep off after a while though, it's really good for them. I also wish I could learn how to do that myself.

God bless.

11 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:34am On Mar 12, 2023
blazepascal:
Bowing is the best
I absolutely agree.

Bowing or prostating is also my favourite.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by blazepascal(m): 7:44am On Mar 12, 2023
Bowing is the best

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2023
Putting my head on the floor is my best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Olachase(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2023
It depends on the situation I find myself

When time to run reach woman way carry big yansh go kW wetin she do herself 😊😊😊

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2023
Placing my head on the floor in total submission to the only true one God
Just try it and remain in that posture for about 5mins and experience a whole new experience with your creator

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by mytime24(f): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2023
as d spirit leads

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Osunfunbi: 9:11am On Mar 12, 2023
Bowning
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by phorget(m): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2023
Prostrate... so I can easily get my sleep.
undecided
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by ad84ada(m): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2023
Bowing in total submission to Baba God.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by MetroLane: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2023
If you like use doggy style,

without a clean heart your prayer is likely going nowhere.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Mindlog: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2023
In my personal space or at the Blessed Sacrament, I prefer prostrating during prayers while any other setting, is kneeling down.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by BigYash: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Dey play,just dey play .. Running no dey your list op..
Na running round church o. When pastor says.. Put your two hands on your head.. Say my father ,my father... Every power.. In your father's house, in your mother's house ,stopping your blessings, shout fayayayayayaya. Depending on the prayer point ,anyways. While at home,any way na way o. God hears me in any position as long as one is praying the right way and for the right thing.. Mayaya!

Offering time ,Blessings time.. Oya op come drop ur offering.. Transfer is allowed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Jsucre(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2023
Depends on the prayer points

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by TheBTCinvestor: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2023
angry
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by OBTOREPA(m): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2023
Walking
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by spencekat(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2023
Walking.Followed by kneeling.It depends on prayer points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by tolumizzy(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2023
Punishment is my own...and ur has reasons
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by 3nity7: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2023
MetroLane:
If you like use doggy style,

without a clean heart your prayer is likely going nowhere.
ur mind dirty Sha 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Shadysen: 9:46am On Mar 12, 2023
no posture for me
in anyway i use
he hears my prayers.
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by jibrilELsudan: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2023
FACE DOWN ARSE UP

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Blackazuma99(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2023
I always stand with my hands left up
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by MaverickA3: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Prostrate , sitting down and kneeling. In that order
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Honchoslim16(m): 9:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Christians and wahala 😅

What about doggy

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Nehyooh(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2023
Bowing
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2023
Prayer or sex?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Kisico: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2023
BigYash:
Dey play,just dey play .. Running no dey your list op..
Na running round church o. When pastor says.. Put your two hands on your head.. Say my father ,my father... Every power.. In your father's house, in your mother's house ,stopping your blessings, shout fayayayayayaya. Depending on the prayer point ,anyways. While at home,any way na way o. God hears me in any position as long as one is praying the right way and for the right thing.. Mayaya!

Offering time ,Blessings time.. Oya op come drop ur offering.. Transfer is allowed..

Account no for transfer please
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Okiemute101: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2023
AlfaSeltzer:
Prayer or sex?

Kontinue....
Re: What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? by Johnchrix(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2023
That Johnson suleman posture grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Should We Direct Our Praises To? God Or Jesus? / A Question For The Atheists / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.