Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service (1550 Views)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
■ Are you Jesus Christ then when you said God gave you the power to recognized the citizens of his kingdom?
Jesus Christ told His followers that examining the fruits of obedience of others they can easily determine those citizens of the Kingdom of God
who belong to Him from those who do not. Jesus Christ also taught His followers that those who are born-again --- born of the Spirit of Eternal Life as well --- are in fact possessed by Him. These are just of the many clues Jesus Christ gave His followers as to tell those who are of born-again from those who aren't. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Sangoamadioha1: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:

What did you mean at the above bolded?

Observing Sabbath in a synagogue is a Jewish tradition.
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Observing Sabbath in a synagogue is a Jewish tradition.

Why not go back to the 10 commandments
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ told His followers that examining the fruits of obedience of others they can easily determine those citizens of the Kingdom of God
who belong to Him from those who do not. Jesus Christ also taught His followers that those who are born-again --- born of the Spirit of Eternal Life as well --- are in fact possessed by Him. These are just of the many clues Jesus Christ gave His followers as to tell those who are of born-again from those who aren't. undecided

People look at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

So those who are not born again won't stand on the judgement day but hell fire straight right? You need to re-examine your thinking before vomiting thrash
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
People look at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7
■ So those who are not born again won't stand on the judgement day but hell fire straight right? You need to re-examine your thinking before vomiting thrash
Judgement day as explained by Jesus Christ is only for those who are born-again and citizens of the Kingdom of God aka the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God. You need to see the sheep as the law abiding citizens in the Kingdom of God whereas the goats, also citizens of the Kingdom of God (born-agains) are those who refuse to obey the Law of God ij the Kingdom of God.. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Sangoamadioha1: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:

Why not go back to the 10 commandments

The one about keeping the sabbath day holy? It says keep it holy. It did not say anything about observing the sabbath day in church.
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

The one about keeping the sabbath day holy? It says keep it holy. It did not say anything about observing the sabbath day in church.

This is Jesus observing the sabbath day inside the synagogue (the house of God)

Luke 4:16

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 23:56
Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Mark 2:27-28
And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."

Luke 13:10
Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by bobestman(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:

Who is now the Messiah if NOT Jesus? Did I ever said Peter is the builder?

You are too dumbass for calling someone ignorant, next time read thoroughly and gently b4 commenting
LOL many ignorant christians believed that Peter is the rock through which the church was founded. But neither him nor the messiah built any church. The name "Jesus" is a fabrication. It has no meaning in any language on earth. He is an impostor the acts of the Hebrew messiah Yeshua Ben Yosef was credited to. It was just added to your bible. Many Hebrews know. This is why they never call him by that name. It is like you are comfortable in your ignorance
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Sangoamadioha1: 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:

This is Jesus observing the sabbath day inside the synagogue (the house of God)

Luke 4:16

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 23:56
Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Mark 2:27-28
And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."

Luke 13:10
Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.

Like I said he was observing the Jewish tradition of Sabbath in the synagogue(maybe it is in the Torah to do this) but the Bible never said Sabbath should be spent in church but keeping that day holy.
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Judgement day as explained by Jesus Christ is only for those who are born-again and citizens of the Kingdom of God aka the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God. You need to see the sheep as the law abiding citizens in the Kingdom of God whereas the goats, also citizens of the Kingdom of God (born-agains) are those who refuse to obey the Law of God ij the Kingdom of God.. undecided

2 Corinthians 5:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Does the above and below Bible verses says only those who are born again or citizens of whatever shall stand before the judgement?

Revelation 20:12

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

You can't twist or turn Bible around to suit your stupidity and ignorant, NEVER
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Like I said he was observing the Jewish tradition of Sabbath in the synagogue(maybe it is in the Torah to do this) but the Bible never said Sabbath should be spent in church but keeping that day holy.

I have gotten what is giving you headache, what did you understand by the words SYNAGOGUE and CHURCH BUILDING?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
bobestman:
LOL many ignorant christians believed that Peter is the rock through which the church was founded. But neither him nor the messiah built any church. The name "Jesus" is a fabrication. It has no meaning in any language on earth. He is an impostor the acts of the Hebrew messiah Yeshua Ben Yosef was credited to. It was just added to your bible. Many Hebrews know. This is why they never call him by that name. It is like you are comfortable in your ignorance

Still deviating, who asked you where the name Jesus comes from? Why not stay on the track and stop beating around the bush dumbass
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Sangoamadioha1: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:

I have gotten what is giving you headache, what did you understand by the words SYNAGOGUE and CHURCH BUILDING?

Synagogue and churches are places of worship. What is your point?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
Does the above and below Bible verses says only those who are born again or citizens of whatever shall stand before the judgement?
■ Revelation 20:12 .....You can't twist or turn Bible around to suit your stupidity and ignorant, NEVER
First rule when reading any book is always pay attention to context in order that you not mistake your private assumptions for the message intended by the writer.

1. If you pay careful attention to the writings in the previous 9 verses which clearly establish the audience for even the message contained in verse 10, you will see that Paul did not write of all the people on earth but rather of those who have received God's first deposit of his Spirit — those who are born-again and expected to live their existence in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God from then on. undecided
1. We know that our body—the tent we live in here on earth—will be destroyed. But when that happens, God will have a home for us to live in. It will not be the kind of home people build here. It will be a home in heaven that will continue forever.
2 But now we are tired of this body. We want God to give us our heavenly home.
3 It will clothe us and we will not be naked.
4 While we live in this tent, we have burdens and so we complain. I don’t mean that we want to remove this tent, but we want to be clothed with our heavenly home. Then this body that dies will be covered with life.
5 This is what God himself made us for. And he has given us the Spirit as the first payment to guarantee the life to come.
6 So we always have confidence. We know that while we live in this body, we are away from the Lord.
7 We live by what we believe will happen, not by what we can see.
8 So I say that we have confidence. And we really want to be away from this body and be at home with the Lord.
9 Our only goal is to always please the Lord, whether we are living here in this body or there with him.
10 We must all stand before Christ to be judged. Everyone will get what they should. They will be paid for whatever they did—good or bad—when they lived in this earthly body. - 2 Corinthians 1 - 10

2. What is written in the passage below is a reference to the same Judgment that Jesus Christ told His followers will take place at the end when He returns the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Surely, you know there is only one judgment to come, and not two or more.
11 Then I saw a large white throne. I saw the one who was sitting on the throne. Earth and sky ran away from him and disappeared.
12 And I saw those who had died, great and small, standing before the throne. Some books were opened. And another book was opened—the book of life. The people were judged by what they had done, which is written in the books.
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it. Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them. All these people were judged by what they had done.
14 And Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.
15 And anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. - Revelations 20 vs 11 - 15
As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the camp in His Kingdom will be divided into two — all of them have eternal life fitting for the final destination. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
First rule when reading any book is always pay attention to context in order that you not mistake your private assumptions for the message intended by the writer.

1. If you pay careful attention to the writings in the previous 9 verses which clearly establish the audience for even the message contained in verse 10, you will see that Paul did not write of all the people on earth but rather of those who have received God's first deposit of his Spirit — those who are born-again and expected to live their existence in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God from then on. undecided

2. What is written in the passage below is a reference to the same Judgment that Jesus Christ told His followers will take place at the end when He returns the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Surely, you know there is only one judgment to come, and not two or more.
As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the camp in His Kingdom will be divided into two — all of them have eternal life fitting for the final destination. undecided

It is now you knew that the camp will be divided into two after I've enlightened you so why did you used the word ONLY the other time?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
■It is now you knew that the camp will be divided into two after I've enlightened you so why did you used the word ONLY the other time?
You must not have been paying attention at the content of my posts up until now then if you are just realizing this for the first time.
Kobojunkie:
Judgement day as explained by Jesus Christ is only for those who are born-again and citizens of the Kingdom of God aka the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God. You need to see the sheep as the law-abiding citizens in the Kingdom of God whereas the goats, also citizens of the Kingdom of God (born-agains) are those who refuse to obey the Law of God in the Kingdom of God...undecided
The citizens of the Kingdom of God — every single one of them born-again — will be divided into two groups by Jesus Christ on Judgement day, that is what is made clear right there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Workch: 11:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
Jerryhare:
Jesus told Peter that upon this rock I'll build my church, OP go Sunday School and Bible class you won't go
this one be Christian wey no understand Bible.
The rock Jesus was talking about was not a physical church
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 4:53am On Jul 17, 2023
Workch:
this one be Christian wey no understand Bible.
The rock Jesus was talking about was not a physical church

And you wey be the author of the Bible, is the writter talking about physical church?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 4:58am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You must not have been paying attention at the content of my posts up until now then if you are just realizing this for the first time. The citizens of the Kingdom of God — every single one of them born-again — will be divided into two groups by Jesus Christ on Judgement day, that is what is made clear right there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

So both goats and sheeps are born agains that will all enter the kingdom of God according to you God's PA right?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:
■ So both goats and sheeps are born agains that will all enter the kingdom of God according to you God's PA right?
I am God's PA. I am simply re-echoing the message written right there in scripture. Read the passages I have referenced up until now for your own self.. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 5:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You are only confusing yourself with the confusion your religious leaders planted into your life by twisting the word of God in other to suit your ignorance. Paying attention to you is like pouring water into a basket
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 5:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Synagogue and churches are places of worship. What is your point?

Are you using question to answer question?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:
■ You are only confusing yourself with the confusion your religious leaders planted into your life by twisting the word of God in other to suit your ignorance. Paying attention to you is like pouring water into a basket
Try to honest with yourself for once in your life. undecided

The confusion you are clearly experiencing has to do with the fact that the religion you hold so firmly to does not agree with any of the Truth of God as presented by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 5:15am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am God's PA. I am simply re-echoing the message written right there in scripture. Read the passages I have referenced up until now for your own self.. undecided

So the messages written in your own scripture says both weeds and wheat are all good for God's kingdom right?
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 5:17am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Try to honest with yourself for once in your life. undecided

The confusion you are clearly experiencing has to do with the fact that the religion you hold so firmly to does not agree with any of the Truth of God as presented by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Try to be honest with yourself, anytime or whenever you want to read the word of God ask for Holy Spirit interpretations, don't rely on your religious leaders meaning or interpretation of the word of God
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 5:19am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:
■ So the messages written in your own scripture says both weeds and wheat are all good for God's kingdom right?
You must not have been paying attention to the content of my posts even up until now then if you are just realizing this for the first time.
Kobojunkie:
Judgement day as explained by Jesus Christ is only for those who are born-again and citizens of the Kingdom of God aka the sheep and goats in the Kingdom of God. You need to see the sheep as the law-abiding citizens in the Kingdom of God whereas the goats, also citizens of the Kingdom of God (born-agains) are those who refuse to obey the Law of God in the Kingdom of God...undecided
The citizens of the Kingdom of God — every single one of them born-again — will be divided into two groups by Jesus Christ on Judgement day, that is what is made clear right there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Clearly, Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 reveals that the goats in the Kingdom of God are not good and because of that they will end up in eternal damnation. Why do you refuse to read and learn even that which KS clearly written for you to learn from? undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 6:02am On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You must not have been paying attention to the content of my posts even up until now then if you are just realizing this for the first time. The citizens of the Kingdom of God — every single one of them born-again — will be divided into two groups by Jesus Christ on Judgement day, that is what is made clear right there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

Clearly, Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 reveals that the goats in the Kingdom of God are not good and because of that they will end up in eternal damnation. Why do you refuse to read and learn even that which KS clearly written for you to learn from? undecided

I should pay attention to your misleading posts? #smiles.. Are you trying to add more members to your dilemma school of thought? Mr man, I'm not available for that

I think this is the high time to leave you continue wallowing in your ignorance wink
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:
■ I should pay attention to your misleading posts? #smiles.. Are you trying to add more members to your dilemma school of thought? Mr man, I'm not available for that
I think this is the high time to leave you continue wallowing in your ignorance wink
Interesting that your conclusion is that Jesus Christ's Gospel messages, as detailed in John 3 vs 1 - 21 and Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, including the Parable of wheat and tares, are misleading. Well, Jesus Christ did say that not all will accept His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2023
All you need is a free home Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses that's all! smiley

What Jesus was telling that Northern Israelite woman is that a time is coming when it will not be a compulsion to worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in Jerusalem temple but worshipers of the true God will represent the temple anywhere they're gathered.

For your information the word "CHURCH" doesn't mean a building but congregation of worshipers so one disciple of Christ is a Christian while 2 or 3 when gathered in the name of Jesus makes a church not the building in which they gathered but their assembly as a group.

When Jesus was sending letters to the churches in Asia he wasn't addressing the buildings but those congregating their! smiley
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by bobestman(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:

Still deviating, who asked you where the name Jesus comes from? Why not stay on the track and stop beating around the bush dumbass
You are like a student who asked a question and the teacher answered and even taught him those he didn't ask. Instead of him to be grateful, he got angry cos the teacher taught him more things deeper than what he asked. You are an ignorant fool and very comfortable in it.
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Workch: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2023
Jerryhare:

And you wey be the author of the Bible, is the writter talking about physical church?
one of thr brainless biblical literalists, that's what you re
Re: Jesus Never Asked Us To Build Churches And Be Having Worship Service by Jerryhare: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2023
Workch:
one of thr brainless biblical literalists, that's what you re

One of the most foolish Bible reader that will turn and twist the word of God around to suit their ignorance and stupidity is what you are bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You'll Never Change Your Life Until You Change Your Choices. / Saudi Arabia Declares Destruction Of All Churches In Country / Genesis 30 Verse 37-39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.