Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? (240 Views)

Leave Tinubu To Work For Nigeria — Actor Adams Kehinde Tells Tinubu's Critics / If Nigeria Was Governed By Russia President? What Will Be Your Take On This! / Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by MT: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2023
For those castigating the president for everything he does, if you were made a President today, what would you have done differently?.

Kindly consider the large debt hanging on Nigeria.

You can even critique what he has done so far and suggest alternative option(s).

For me, I do not agree with spending 500 billion naira on palliatives. It will only end one way. He might have a good intention, but the greedy hawks are always lurking to steal as usual. How do you share money to the poorest of the poor in a country that does not have reliable data?

I agree with the rest of the policies though.

Please be civil with your comments so we can all learn.
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by SwissMass: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2023
Please mention their monikers because they will not come out
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by stebell(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2023
I wouldn't have announced the subsidy removal cos it caused panic and you know the fall out of that premature announcement.

I wouldn't go ahead and immediately start taxing Nigerians indiscriminately knowing we are coming out from your party's adminstration that dealt with Nigerians mercilessly to the extent of more Nigerians loosing the source of livelihood, increased poverty in the land, and takes up inflation to astronomical high level.

I wouldn't take more than a month or a week to announce my cabinet members cos elections have been over for like 2months now, so what's the delay??

As for the money to be borrowed and the monies to be shared, who does that in this era?
What will sharing money do to elevate anything? Nothing. Just another avenue to loot and keep looting.

We have indeed entered one chance with Tinubu.

Renewed shege pro max
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by MT: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2023
stebell:
I wouldn't have announced the subsidy removal cos it caused panic and you know the fall out of that premature announcement.

I wouldn't go ahead and immediately start taxing Nigerians indiscriminately knowing we are coming out from your party's adminstration that dealt with Nigerians mercilessly to the extent of more Nigerians loosing the source of livelihood, increased poverty in the land, and takes up inflation to astronomical high level.

I wouldn't take more than a month or a week to announce my cabinet members cos elections have been over for like 2months now, so what's the delay??

As for the money to be borrowed and the monies to be shared, who does that in this era?
What will sharing money do to elevate anything? Nothing. Just another avenue to loot and keep looting.

We have indeed entered one chance with Tinubu.

Renewed shege pro max

You raised a lot of valid points to be honest. But can I ask?

If you do not start taxing or remove the subsidy, where will you get the revenue to execute your manifesto?

Remember that the current budget is to be financed by 60% borrowing, 40% crude sales, despite the heavy debts that Nigeria has sunk in. Will you have just rolled with it and start borrowing to implement the budget or you will look inward to generate revenue so as to reduce the burden of debt?
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by Brendaniel: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
MT:

If you do not start taxing or remove the subsidy, where will you get the revenue to execute your manifesto?

Remember that the current budget is to be financed by 60% borrowing, 40% crude sales, despite the heavy debts that Nigeria has sunk in. Will you have just rolled with it and start borrowing to implement the budget or you will look inward to generate revenue so as to reduce the burden of debt?

Do you know how much is lost daily from oil theft alone? Do you know how much Nigeria will be saving from cutting cost of governance?

Do yo know how much money and properties will be recovered from government officials of the immediate past administration alone if Tinubu goes after them?

Do you know the leakages that still exist from various government revenues from different agencies that is unaccounted for?

Do you know the looting still going on presently ?

Do you know Nigeria sells almost half below the capacity of the OPEC required volume of oil daily because of negligence?

I can go on and on, but with these alone I have listed, Tinubu will not need to increase any tax and still make good progress in putting the country on advantage economically, the problem is he doesn't want to do such because he is also part of the system and he has so many beneficiaries too, so they want the citizens to suffer for their benefits....

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by MT: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Brendaniel:

Do you know how much is lost daily from oil theft alone? Do you know how much Nigeria will be saving from cutting cost of governance?

Do yo know how much money and properties will be recovered from government officials of the immediate past administration alone if Tinubu goes after them?

Do you know the leakages that still exist from various government revenues from different agencies that is unaccounted for?

Do you know the looting still going on presently ?

Do you know Nigeria sells almost half below the capacity of the OPEC required volume of oil daily because of negligence?

I can go on and on, but with these alone I have listed, Tinubu will not need to increase any tax and still make good progress in putting the country on advantage economically, the problem is he doesn't want to do such because he is also part of the system and he has so many beneficiaries too, so they want the citizens to suffer for their benefits....

Everything you have mentioned is long term. Presidents are not magicians. You cant realistically expect a president that has not even spent 3 months in power to do all these. He wont solve all Nigeria problems and he has his limits.

For instance, he lacks the constitutional power to set salary for the legislatures - senators and house of rep.

To prosecute looters, we need a strong and robust judiciary. He does not have control over the Judiciary according to the constitution. If Judiciary is corrupt, what can the president do?

If the President was to follow these suggestions, then he has to keep borrowing, while pursuing these long terms policies that you mentioned. Then it would have been worse because Nigeria will look like Sri Lanka.

You can just xray his policies so far, and let us have your opinion on them.

What do you honestly think?
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by stebell(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
MT:

Nigeria as a country don't need to borrow money from anywhere.
How do you explain 40bil for SUVs for senators n rep members. You borrow just to appease lawmakers.
Why can't the cost of governance be reduced to save money.
During the president inauguration, I didn't hear him talk anything about our refineries and how to make them work optimally.

Well, maybe it's in his plans which I can't tell now, we wait n see
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by Jostoman: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
Why are you people asking us on his behave? I thought he said he is capable.
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by Brendaniel: 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
MT:

Everything you have mentioned is long term. Presidents are not magicians. You cant realistically expect a president that has not even spent 3 months in power to do all these. He wont solve all Nigeria problems and he has his limits.

For instance, he lacks the constitutional power to set salary for the legislatures - senators and house of rep.

To prosecute looters, we need a strong and robust judiciary. He does not have control over the Judiciary according to the constitution. If Judiciary is corrupt, what can the president do?

If the President was to follow these suggestions, then he has to keep borrowing, while pursuing these long terms policies that you mentioned. Then it would have been worse because Nigeria will look like Sri Lanka.

You can just xray his policies so far, and let us have your opinion on them.

What do you honestly think?

At the bolded from your statement, but Tinubu has borrowed over 1 billion dollars already in less than 2 months without pursuing any of such, All the things you gave up there are excuses for him, if APC truly cares for the people as they claim, they control almost the 3 arms of the government and Tinubu is the national leader and doubles as the president, it is not difficult for him to start the implementations of all that and also not all my points need to pass through any legislative system, like loss of revenue, oil theft, loot recovery and so on, these can be achieved in the shortest of times.

If Tinubu could control who becomes senate president and speaker then what stops him from using the power tothe benefit the citizens through the senate.

So far for Tinubu's policies to me, almost everything is rubbish, because he is doing them wrongly, all his policies has been Tinubu putting the cart before the horse, and I don't see anyone of his policies fulfilling its purpose...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by Nightwolf1: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
Are they stylistically asking us for solutions to the economic malady they created? Oh, they have realised that they are empty headed with nothing good to offer Nigerians.

Bunch of wackos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by mokset123: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
That's why we want obi to come in and break the cycle
Re: Tinubu Critics:if You Were To Be President,what Would You Have Done Differently? by Validated: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2023
Op, we can no longer give Tinubu our plans. The ones we mentioned in our manifestos, he stole and bungled.

(1) (Reply)

Why Pump Price Increased To N617/litre — NNPCL / America Gun Culture: USA Pride In Wipping-off Its Indeginious Population(pics) / Ex-governors Ibori, El-rufai, Akala’s Children Named Reps Committee Chairpersons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.