Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT (6069 Views)

The Moment Peter Obi And His Wife Arrived At The Venue Of The Benue State Rally / APC Convention: The Moment Tinubu Arrived At The Eagle Square (Video) / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:01am On Jul 17, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
OP is an hard core Peter Obi supporter. I don't know if he is still. I have had some hot arguments with him in the past, and I even thought he was Ibo at some point and checked his post history to be sure that he wasn't lying that he was Yoruba..

I am Yoruba but i am tired of their bull shit. Thank God the Judiciary will soon dismiss their petition and we will rest.

They cant even develop and stay in their region but they are the lousiest people on social media.

I cant wait for the Court judgment which will be a sure dismissal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by SenatePresdo(m): 1:02am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

If it is a nice place, igbos should stay there all year round. Dont use business as an excuse to flee from the region.

That is what is causing all the disrespect and hatred to the igbos. They need to fix a lot of things about themselves.

Does yorubas stay in Yorubaland all year round? Why are you sounding so immature?

Disrespect? Hatred? Hahaha.

I've gone places, and nobody has hated me for being igbo, what are you saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by SenatePresdo(m): 1:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

Then why are you always disturbing us that you want a better country when your leaders cant give you a better region?

Igbos cry everytime that they want to be President even though they are not very lovable or likeable people and other Nigerians gave Peter Obi a chance but he was still robbed and the elites of his tribe could not insist on his mandate. So why should we ever care for Igbo rights ever again? And why should Yorubas continue to bear the brunt for maladministration by Igbo leaders in that region which leads to mass migration of unskilled, rude and uncouth igbos into our region?

I can see your level of reasoning.

Tinubu that Removed fuel subsidy, can the Leaders of our region say otherwise?

When he floated Naira nko?

Oga na federal dey develope country abeg

1 Like

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:08am On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

You cannot argue because you have no evidence
You are free to believe anything you like inside your head

As long as it stays there no problem

We can do He won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not win
Till 2027

The reality is that is what you want to believe

You have no evidence.
Again

You have no evidence.

As such your claim is a delusion

By design, our laws make it hard for any petitioner to prove electoral irregularities beyond reasonable doubt because there is a presumption of regularity with the official acts or conduct of election by INEC. Also, the electoral Act unfortunately makes INEC a party to election tribunal suits which is very wrong because INEC will do every thing to defend itself, including hoarding critical documents and evidence from any petitioner that wants to overturn an election.

Peter Obi won but there was a prior plan to give the presidency to Tinubu and there is nothing anybody can do about it.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Gajagojo: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

By design, our laws make it hard for any petitioner to prove electoral irregularities beyond reasonable doubt because there is a presumption of regularity with the official acts or conduct of election by INEC. Also, the electoral Act unfortunately makes INEC a party to election tribunal suits which is very wrong because INEC will do every thing to defend itself, including hoarding critical documents and evidence from any petitioner that wants to overturn an election.

Peter Obi won but there was a prior plan to give the presidency to Tinubu and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

You are repeating yourself
We can do He won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not winHe won he did not win
Till 2027
You have no evidence he won

That is your belief
Atiku believes he won
Tinubu believes he won

Why is your belief anything more than a delusion?
Have you got evidence?

What prior plan? What evidence have you got?
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Does yorubas stay in Yorubaland all year round? Why are you sounding so immature?

Disrespect? Hatred? Hahaha.

I've gone places, and nobody has hated me for being igbo, what are you saying?

How many yorubas leave their land and stay permanently away from it?

Anyways, my own is that i look forward to the judgment so we can rest.

I suspect that after the judgment, the Government might move swiftly to regulate social media so as to douse the tension usually stoked by Igbos online.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:11am On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are repeating yourself
Till 2027
You have no evidence he won

That is your belief
Atiku believes he won
Tinubu believes he won

Why is your belief anything more than a delusion?
Have you got evidence?

Ok, motigbo ooo. I have heard you. Tinubu has been sworn in anyways.

That is the koko.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by SenatePresdo(m): 1:13am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

How many yorubas leave their land and stay permanently away from it?

Anyways, my own is that i look forward to the judgment so we can rest.

I suspect that after the judgment, the Government might move swiftly to regulate social media so as to douse the tension usually stoked by Igbos online.

Buhari couldn't, Tinubu can't he no reach.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:20am On Jul 17, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Buhari couldn't, Tinubu can't he no reach.

If he does it, go and stop him.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Gajagojo: 1:24am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

Ok, motigbo ooo. I have heard you. Tinubu has been sworn in anyways.

That is the koko.

When you come in public do not talk in a way that makes people question your sanity

There is a difference between reality that is objective that we all share and your personal belief system.

When you are unable to separate the two there is a problem.

Even Obi did not argue that he won

You can correct me if I am.wrong

His focus was to disqualify Tinubu

I never heard any evidence or argument that he got 25% in 24 states in court

Now You are telling of prior plan

Prior plan by who Buhari? Or Emefiele?

Is that the reason Buhari deployed soldiers to Lagos for the election?
Would Obi have won Lagos without that?

The same Buhari that refused to obey Supreme court on Naira policy

Was that part of the prior plan?

1 Like

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:30am On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

When you come in public do not talk in a way that makes people question your sanity

There is a difference between reality that is objective that we all share and your personal belief system.

When you are unable to separate the two there is a problem.

Even Obi did not argue that he won

You can correct me if I am.wrong
[]

See bro, me i know Nigerians did not vote for Tinubu after we had suffered for 8 years under Buhari.

Nobody can convince me otherwise. As for Buhari, he did not have any choice but to deliver the Presidency to Tinubu even though he does not like him.

I just left you win the argument because i dont have strength to argue. But you can never convince me or other sane Nigerians that Tinubu won that election with the legitimacy of Nigerians.

The present is the most important thing, let us leave the past behind. Since our institutions are not strong and Nigerians are too disunited to resist tyranny, we will keep managing and those who will die of hunger will die. The poor are the most bigoted and useless anyways.

Lets move ahead brother.

Hisnfocusnwasnto disqualify Tinubu

I never heard any evidence of argument that he got 25% in 24 states

Now You are telling of prior plan

Prior plan by who Buhari? Or Emefiele?

Is that the reason Buhari deployed soldiers to Lagos for the election?
Would Obi have won Lagos without that?

The same Buhari that refused to obey Supreme court on Naira policy

Was that part of the prior plan?
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Philgafauto: 1:33am On Jul 17, 2023
@ gajagojo

See bro, me i know Nigerians did not vote for Tinubu after we had suffered for 8 years under Buhari.

Nobody can convince me otherwise. As for Buhari, he did not have any choice but to deliver the Presidency to Tinubu even though he does not like him.

I just left you win the argument because i dont have strength to argue. But you can never convince me or other sane Nigerians that Tinubu won that election with the legitimacy of Nigerians.

The present is the most important thing, let us leave the past behind. Since our institutions are not strong and Nigerians are too disunited to resist tyranny, we will keep managing and those who will die of hunger will die. The poor are the most bigoted and useless anyways.

Lets move ahead brother.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Cheddahbrand: 1:52am On Jul 17, 2023
How to Check if your iPhone is Carrier Unlocked
All smartphones are locked or unlocked depending on where you purchased the device. When you buy a new cell phone directly from a US cell phone provider such as AT&T or Verizon, the cell phone is tied to that particular company’s network service. Locking your device is one way your phone provider can minimize theft and other fraudulent activity within your company’s account, but it’s usually done through another wireless provider to mobile his device. It also means that you will not be able to use In contrast, an unlocked phone can use a SIM card and subscribe to any carrier’s calling plan.
https://simplyza.com/how-to-check-if-your-iphone-is-carrier-unlocked/
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Gajagojo: 1:53am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:
@ gajagojo

Lets move ahead brother.

You believe

You are free to believe. anything you like
If you like believe Putin is Fulani that is your right
Some Nigerians voted for Tinubu those that voted for him are not Gambians
There is nothing to argue without evidence.
Your argument that Nigerians did note vote Tinubu therefore Obi won is illogical
Why not Atiku won or nobody won?

You are not talking intelligently but superstitiously

You are dangerous
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Teddy0147(m): 2:10am On Jul 17, 2023
Faber:

Dey play...you dey vex say Peter Obi went to court. You lots thought he will cause anarchy so that you guys will ask DSS to arrest and incarcerate him. He failed you guys big time.🤣🤣

Now you are angry, he will win at the courts. Calls Igbos any name you like, Obi will reclaim his mandate

Let’s wait and see but the igbos are losing ground… I don’t even think they are the 3rd majority currently well let’s wait for census…. The ijaws should be 3rd majority
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Gajagojo: 2:15am On Jul 17, 2023
In what way was Ibos case at the Tribunal superior to Atiku's
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by ayinba1(f): 2:25am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

This is another salient legal point that was raised by Olanipekun in his Written Address. The labour party, being 3rd placed party, sought to be declared winner and returned elected without joining the PDP who came in 2nd place in the elections as a party (Respondent) to its petition.

It is trite law that no order can be made against a non-party to a suit. And PDP will be grossly affected were the Court to declare Peter Obi the winner of the elections.

This is one of the technical nuances/point which Chief Olanipekun used to knock out Peter Obi's Petition. I know Obidients will insult and ignore but the hands of the Courts are tied and they cannot rule in favor of Obi.

How did you arrive at saying Peter Obi won this election? I wanted to learn from your write up but Igbos typically vote PDP. Add all PDP and LP votes, that’s how PDP would have won Tinubu. This is actually very clear to see and if sentiments are removed, it makes sense. Shettima definitely has more pull in the North than Datti, wouldn’t you agree. Peter Obi’s northern appeal using the Church angle cannot be higher than Atiku’s.

These are important calculations for any politician aspiring to a national position. Anyone approaching it the way Peter Obi did will fail, even with internet and social media noise.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by soojar(m): 2:40am On Jul 17, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

IF he did NOT prove it, then how can you say that he won?

And even if you gave him Rivers state, he is still distant 3rd position.

Hmmm, food for thought.

We learn every day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Chibuezem(m): 5:07am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

We will be here when the petition will be dismissed concurrently. Have you read the written address? If not, please avail yourself of the opportunity.

As for anarchy, Igbos are at their weakest point ever in Nigeria. Even the smallest minority tribes in the South are more powerful than igbos now in Nigeria. You are essentially a conquered tribe now. That is not an insult but the fact.
Your fact is wrong, igbos are not a conquered tribe at all.... Do you know what it means for a tribe to be conquered? Igbos are very much relevant in Nigeria and the world, when it comes to economic and educational achievements igbos have been recognized despite being treated like 2nd citizens in Nigeria we are still comfortable, as for Peter Obi recovering His mandate that is solely ON God through the judiciary, we Igbos have evolved so much that we teach our offspring to grow not depending on Nigerian government because as it stands We Igbos are seen as vile creatures who want to horde the nations resources for ourselves mean while other tribes that have existed in the corridor of power have embezzled and looted away the national cake even blaming it on animals.
An Igbo man once he sees you are qualified for the job, he will vote for you irrespective of religion and tribe now this is pure evolution in mentality from being barbaric to being civilized not being affected by tribalism, sycophancy and nepotism This should be the quality of Nigerians if we want a better tomorrow.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Unperturbedpota: 5:16am On Jul 17, 2023
Faber:

Dey play...you dey vex say Peter Obi went to court. You lots thought he will cause anarchy so that you guys will ask DSS to arrest and incarcerate him. He failed you guys big time.🤣🤣

Now you are angry, he will win at the courts. Calls Igbos any name you like, Obi will reclaim his mandate

Don't mind the foolish boy thinking he can decieve people 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by BabaRamota1980: 5:19am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:
First of all, i will start by saying Non-Igbo supporters of Peter Obi really tried for him during the election period. For example, I as a yoruba man made many enemies because I supported Peter Obi. But that is in the past now.

The crux of this write up is that Peter Obi wasted a rare opportunity of utilizing the unity of Nigerians caused by Buhari's misrule to galvanize real change. Since he knew he will be cheated, why did Peter Obi not mend fences with the Igbo elites and perhaps his IPOB brothers to instigate some sort of uprising after should he be cheated? I attribute that to the disorganization and powerless position igbos have found themselves in Nigeria. Igbos are confused, disorganized, defeated and disoriented in handling their regional and collective affairs in Nigeria. Most Igbos are now refugees in other regions having fled their own region due to conflict. Their wahala is a self-inflicted one because they are a very arrogant and disunited people. I know Peter Obi won that election but he is a small boy to Tinubu and he cannot fight him in any way, shape or form. It is a sad reality we all have to deal with. State capture is real.

As for the case in Court, having read the final written address by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) i can categorically state that the petition will be dismissed because there is no way that any Court of law will rule in favor of Peter Obi given the plethora of legal and evidentiary issues plaguing Peter Obi's petition as dissected in that final written address (I urge every interested person to read and digest that Final Written Address). The doctrine of covering the field was used to block all legal loopholes in Tinubu's case and he is well guarded. I cannot wait for the response from Obi's legal team and i can confidently preempt their written address by stating that they wont have any cogent points but to try and distinguish the legal authorities cited by Olanipekun & APC's legal team. Tinubu has Peter Obi cornered already and there is no escape for Obi.

Even if there were no legal issues bedeviling the Peter Obi's petition, the Courts will still rule against Peter Obi and nothing will happen. Peter Obi does not have any extensive network, neither does he come from a strong region which can trouble Nigeria. Heck, even Igbo elites are not on his side because as a people, Igbos dont just have any leverage in Nigeria. They cannot shake things up.

I know Igbos and Obidients (mainly made up of IPOB remnants now since other non-igbos have left the movement) will insult me for saying the truth but the truth must still be said.

My advice is for everybody to move on and not hope for any favorable judgment from the Court. The petition will be dismissed with punitive costs for being frivolous, speculative and time wasting.

Wishing everyone a nice week ahead.
Do you have data to show? Why didnt you obidients take data and show court Obi won?

Internet is not court.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 17, 2023
That obidient ish is a scam.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by duro4chang(m): 6:07am On Jul 17, 2023
Depriest2020:

So you are wiser than his defense team that adviced him on how to go about the case?
His defense team neede his money nothing else.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by hardbody: 6:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

That case is gone. It is an empty shell and a total waste of Nigerians' time.

He should not have gone to court at all. Nigerians tried for him but he did not plan well.

Now Tinubu has him where he wants him.

Anyways, Peter Obi is a soft man and comes from a defeated tribe so nothing dey shele.

We will all move ahead without rancor.

What baffles me is how you guys write the judgment for the justices of the tribunal. Why not exercise patience and restraint while right of reply is exercised and the courts come with a decision. What is the urgency now?
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by denko(m): 6:22am On Jul 17, 2023
Tinubu has threatened Nigeria that there will be anarchy if the court ruled against him. There is fire on the mounting mark this post.
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Justiceleague1: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2023
duro4chang:
His defense team neede his money nothing else.
is that why you are scratching ya anus hard this early moh moh grin

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Antivirus92(m): 6:50am On Jul 17, 2023
This idi.ot even claimed he was an obident.
Tufia to these brown roofers
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by Christistruth03: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2023
Philgafauto:

I am Yoruba but i am tired of their bull shit. Thank God the Judiciary will soon dismiss their petition and we will rest.

They cant even develop and stay in their region but they are the lousiest people on social media.

I cant wait for the Court judgment which will be a sure dismissal.

First of all he got 25% only in Lagos in the SW and in none of the 12 Muslim Majority states of the far North that is already 17 states in which Peter Obi failed to get the mandatory 25%for spread he needed 25% in at least 25 States of the 36 States and Abuja also treated as a state for Elections and he failed to get it

We have not yet added Kwara and Niger State where Peter Obi also failed to get 25% of the votes

Watch Peter Obi's body Language closely

Peter Obi knows that he Lost

That is why he is not even Challenging Atiku who came second at all
Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by WantsandMore: 6:59am On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:

Which defense team?

LP was short of nothing less than 40,000 agents out of 177,000 polling units. So if rigging took place in those lacuna agents, how would you proof in court that you were rigged?

A presidential candidate ought to have a standard collating center to collate all results across Nigeria without waiting for INEC, INEC should only be for cross examining.

What figure did Obi come up with at LP collating center? How did he get 25% spread out of the 36 states and Fct?
I've asked same question over & over again, I'm like let's forget sentiment, what was Obi's strategy to capture 2/3rd majority ? This would have been a water tight defense on his behalf even if he claims he was rigged out, I saw his petition & instead Obi was busy discrediting the characters of BAT & ignored the elephant in the room & in all fairness, I saw BAT defense, he defended himself to the full extent of the law & infacts tried to discredit the Candidacy of Obi in the Process, I'm only waiting for the summary of the court. What an interesting time to be alive.

1 Like

Re: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT A LEGAL DEAD END OF THE OBIDIENT MOVEMENT by chinchum(m): 7:00am On Jul 17, 2023
Depriest2020:

If the the real results are recounted and not the doctored one it might, no top presidential candidate has ever lost his state, the outgoing president of the country who belongs to same party with him lost his state, his campaign director lost his state, he lost the 3 state with the highest registered voters in the north, lost the FCT, my brother no miracle will have made him win the election without riging.
Obasanjo lost in Ogun state woefully in 1999 presidential election, he lost at his polling unit sef to Falae. He only won at the 2003 presidential election
It is this ridiculous assumption that make you believe Obi won.

Presidential election is strategy of votes not necessarily states won. Use 2 states of Lagos and Osun alone to determine who had the highest votes of the top 3 candidates. Tinubu will win meanwhile he lost Osun state to Atiku and Lagos to Obi. Obi had no impact in the core Northern state except southern Kaduna, he was destined to fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG May Get $1 Billion Afreximbank Loan In May / V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? / Chronicle Of Debate In Nigeria And The Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.