Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke (20683 Views)

Kano Residents Protest ‘planned Demolition’ Of Bridge Constructed By ‘opposition / Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States / Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by saintbillion(m): 6:13am On Jul 17, 2023
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has advised that age should not be seen as a barrier to pursuing educational dreams, saying one of the conditions he was given before his 2022 governorship ambition was for him to complete his education.

Adeleke spoke at the combined 9th undergraduate and 5th postgraduate convocation ceremonies of the Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State, on Sunday, where 75 postgraduate and 537 undergraduate students were conferred with various degrees.

The governor, who said after losing 2018 governorship election he was subjected to the worst personality attacks and assaults, added that he had to leave the country to escape attack and to complete his degree programme, after his elder brother, Dr. Deji Adeleke insisted he must complete his education, or forgo his 2022 governorship ambition.

He said, “Dr Tajudeen Adeleke encouraged me to move ahead. Before I went on exile, he called me to a meeting where we discussed. He told that I should look at what I have been subjected to by those saying I was not educated. He advised that I should go to America for studies.

“He said the only thing I can do for Osun people, if I am ready to be governor, I must get educated, I must complete my education; that without completing it, I should forget my governorship ambition.

“At my age then, I successfully re-enrolled and completed my degree programme. I am proud of that achievement and I thank my family and friends for their total support.

“I came back to re-contest in 2022 as a brand new graduate. The rest is now history. What is the lesson? Our age must never be a barrier to educational pursuit. What we need is commitment and passion to succeed.”

In his remarks, Dr Deji Adeleke, who is the founder of the university, said if Nigerians resolved to change the country for better, it could be achieved.

He called on Nigerians that desire a good country to contribute their quota to nation-building and stop apportioning blame to those in positions of authority.

[url][/url]
https://punchng.com/attacks-by-opposition-sent-me-back-to-school-adeleke/?amp

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Kudman: 6:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Hisbah(f): 6:17am On Jul 17, 2023
@49 Helin.ues can still do it.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Bobloco: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by yinkus6750(m): 6:33am On Jul 17, 2023
Better for you Sir.
Guess life and dancing didn't allow you achieve that initially.
Good advantage of constructive opposition.
Glad you focusing on good governance now.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Zonefree(m): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2023
Hisbah:
Helinues is 43 not 49.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by crossfm: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2023
Good one.

The governor must be a wise guy,we learn from our critic's.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by usecondom(m): 7:00am On Jul 17, 2023
Better late than never. Go yé and do good in Osun State, I am here in Oshogbo most roads need attention. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by greatiyk4u(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2023
Tinubu over to you.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by donpapa(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Hisbah(f): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Helinues is 43 not 49.
Do you know my elder brother more than I do?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by rentgyd2000s: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2023
Challenges bring out the better part of some people.

1 Like

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by DaddyJapan(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2023
I don't want to hear another word about Adeleke's scholastic pursuit.. Not another word. grin

The Chairman of the Osun State Chieftaincy Affairs Review Committee, Revd. Samuel Bunmi Jenyo, who claimed to be a Personal Assistant to Governor Ademola Adeleke, has said the governor obtained his degree in 24 days. Rev Jenyo said Adeleke obtained his Diploma Certificate in Penn Foster High School on 16th July, 2021 and degree from Atlanta Metropolitan College on 9th of August 2021.
Source: https://guardian.ng/politics/adeleke-obtained-degree-certificate-in-24-days-witness

3 Likes

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by RECTEM: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2023
Good one adeleke

2 Likes

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by iampeterben(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2023
Well said most of this politicians needs to be sent back to the school of politics. Congratulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Nasri100(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:
I don't want to hear another word about Adeleke's scholastic pursuit.. Not another word. grin

Source: https://guardian.ng/politics/adeleke-obtained-degree-certificate-in-24-days-witness

Can you swear before a court that the witness witnessed Adeleke complete his degree in 24 days?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Masttadii(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Interesting
Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
We hope all the agberos are listening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Joy882(f): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
God knows the best

1 Like

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Exmilitant(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
Those of us with 'pass' nko, are we eligible to contest for any elective position? undecided

1 Like

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Klington: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by saintbillion(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2023
Hisbah:
unfortunately for helinues dude is already 43 without a FSLC, the only certificate he has is his birth certificate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by LeeSmart: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2023
Ma love for dis man❤

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by DaddyJapan(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2023
Nasri100:

Can you swear before a court that the witness witnessed Adeleke complete his degree in 24 days?

Why would I want to do that?

Adeleke has some effontery to mention a degree he obtained from an institution that ranks lower than Sule Lamido University, Nigeria's 108th. cool

2 Likes

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by DiamondPant(f): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2023
Nice decision.

2 Likes

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by sojisenai(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2023
Never too late to achieve your dreams. Never too late.

Meanwhile, We are a caregiving company dedicated to providing the highest quality care for our elderly clients or those that are ill, disabled and nursing mothers, right in their homes...kindly check my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by Nasri100(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Adeleke has some effontery to mention a degree he obtained from an institution that ranks lower than Sule Lamido University, Nigeria's 108th. cool

You refused to answer a simple question so bye.

Besides its a verified college in the U.S so all these your ranks is nonsense to me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attacks By Opposition Sent Me Back To School – Adeleke by sofeo(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2023
Alright!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: We Hope To Reopen Land Borders Soon / Sadiya Farouq Dismisses ‘N2.67bn School Feeding Fraud' / Tinubu Inherited Dead Economy, CBN Under Buhari Printed Money Illegally – Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.