Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation (9692 Views)

Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues / Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by LagosFirstSon: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lagos always in the news as usual for wrong reasons
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by chatinent: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Aliko918:
HHello Everyone Please don’t Miss This

Palm million give away just started and they are giving away 20k naira for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free. See the pics below

Am a old user but I still use another phone number to register another account and collect the reward.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo
Hurry now that is new…

And send me 5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid035ikqgXDcoVyjFJLBbdNxtzDu6P2kedZD2v2V151PQuTfPyEV3CQUyePm9rbW4wbjl/?mibextid=cr9u03
Just ask people to use your referral code to register. All these tricks are archaic.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by CodeTemplar: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Wetin concern bank concern building?This one na world govt.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Menclothing: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
He be like say this people don get office for Nigeria
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by panpan(m): 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Is the World Bank looking for an excuse to offer another loan to Nigeria in general, and Lagos State in particular?
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Douglad: 8:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
International organizations go dey look all these shithole countries dey shake head.

"No be the same brain all of us carry for head? Why can't they get their shit together? For good 60 to 70 years, no progress."
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by ToyinDipo(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
What if there are some erosions due to the geography of Lagos. It’s time we should start having opinions about these nonsense people too.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by jojothaiv(m): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
It's overpopulated...
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Pascal9: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
accordadoga26:
I hope the contractors are not from that region.

Fake blocks, Fake rods, fake nails, fake wires, fake sand, fake water, fake cement, fake zinc are responsible

keep deceiving yourself, is it not the same material other regions and states are using, your people are inherently greedy, they like cheap materials, they like cutting corners, swamp is in bayelsa more than Lagos but there houses are very solid and hardly collapse, yorubas are greedy fullstop.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by descartes400: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
World Bank should shut their mouth. When we had building collapsing in US of A, they didn't open their sticking mouth. angry
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by okunwaye(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
Aliko918:
HHello Everyone Please don’t Miss This

Palm million give away just started and they are giving away 20k naira for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free. See the pics below

Am a old user but I still use another phone number to register another account and collect the reward.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo
Hurry now that is new…

And send me 5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid035ikqgXDcoVyjFJLBbdNxtzDu6P2kedZD2v2V151PQuTfPyEV3CQUyePm9rbW4wbjl/?mibextid=cr9u03
Your mumu no too much
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by obama99: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
treesun:

https://punchng.com/world-bank-links-lagos-building-collapses-to-poor-regulation/

The real reason is corruption, corruption and corruption and nothing more.
Corruption at the point of building approval

Corruption at the point of selection of building professionals.

Corruption at the point of execution, everyone wants to be the leader of the construction project and start getting all manners of certifications in project management, cost management and so on so as to be charge of the construction funds.

Corruption from selection of sub contractors and artisans.

Where a welder calls himself an engineer

Where a draughtsman calls himself an Architect

Where a bricklayer calls himself an engineer/builder

Where people with no single knowledge of building construction are put in charge of critical construction projects as foremen, site supervisors, stand in engineers etc

Where a relative builds 5 storey building for his family abroad and later collapses die to original theft and inadequate material useage. How can someone without construction knowledge monitor a building project , what are they monitoring, cement mix, sand , stone, iron rod etc

Unitil we do the right thing make I rest first.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Nolevel666: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
obama99:

The real reason is corruption, corruption and corruption and nothing more.
Corruption at the point of building approval

Corruption at the point of selection of building professionals.

Corruption at the point of execution, everyone wants to be the leader of the construction project and start getting all manners of certifications in project management, cost management and so on so as to be charge of the construction funds.

Corruption from selection of sub contractors and artisans.

Where a welder calls himself an engineer

Where a draughtsman calls himself an Architect

Where a bricklayer calls himself an engineer/builder

Where people with no single knowledge of building construction are put in charge of critical construction projects as foremen, site supervisors, stand in engineers etc

Where a relative builds 5 storey building for his family abroad and later collapses die to original theft and inadequate material useage. How can someone without construction knowledge monitor a building project , what are they monitoring, cement mix, sand , stone, iron rod etc

Unitil we do the right thing make I rest first.
You’ve said it all.

Exactly what’s on my mind

1 Like

Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by gimodim3: 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
The World Bank links the Lagos building collapses to poor regulation, citing cuffie non in ear as a significant contributing factor.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by TheGift: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
treesun:

https://punchng.com/world-bank-links-lagos-building-collapses-to-poor-regulation/

Lagos having the highest number of building collapse is really shameful for a city striving to be one of the worlds top global cities.

It is especially embarrassing as the current governor was once in charge of works and housing in the state.

They should learn building regulation from Abuja and move away from this paddy paddy and palm greasing approach to the process. Innocent lives are at stake here.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by jaxxy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good observation
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by drololaaof: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
accordadoga26:
I hope the contractors are not from that region.

Fake blocks, Fake rods, fake nails, fake wires, fake sand, fake water, fake cement, fake zinc are responsible

The standard organization NSO are lacking in their duties.
Length and strength of iron rods have been greatly reduced, PVC pipes are being reduced in length from 18 feet to 15 to 13 now to 9ft in length, the thickness are also reduced, nail are no longer strong , the head is not what it used to be before now . Roofing sheets are the worst their gauge have been greatly reduced,the gauge of ridges and gutter are the same as the roof top materials. Keys are so bad that it can open many ,spoilt within few days of purchase and installation etc .
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by UNDFTD: 1:15am On Jul 18, 2023
We are NOT surprised after all we are talking about the ZOO!
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Paade: 5:07am On Jul 18, 2023
sholay4star:
World bank is right, we don't follow standard procedure in this country, it's a curse, that is how some unscrupulous element stole a manhood mandate, sadly they are standing on it
That same Element is the reason World Bank is interfering into this matter because he( the element) makes all his decisions based on IMF and World Bank analysis..
Meanwhile, Lagos State Govt is the real reason behind Building collapses in the state.. How can you MONETIZE the Building Control agency and not expect sabotage.
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Bluntemperor: 5:24am On Jul 18, 2023
Hassanjj:
They may not be far from the truth.

But World Bank should face their core values,sha!
Although they makes interesting revelation but there is no Continent or any Country that Building collapse doesn't happen, including America.
The problems is the frequency and the main problems in Lagos is that Lagos- especially is on Water- the Island,Lekki,Ajah,Mushin, certain part of Yaba and Amukoko, Badagry- are waterlogged - meaning the depth Foundations need solid concrete which many Caretakers/ Landlords are not ready to do because of being shylock- pence wise foolish!
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by Krak(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
xristos:
Wowwwwww

Mobile unlock access/activation
IPTV PREMIUM available
Pi coin buyer

How much do you buy pi?
Re: World Bank Links Lagos Building Collapses To Poor Regulation by xristos(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Krak:

How much do you buy pi?
2H

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solid Imported Doors For Sale. Order Now / My Building Project. / NIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.