Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:15 AM

Mini Me (Episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mini Me (Episode 1) (232 Views)

Story: The Devil Who Loved Me [episode 1] / Romantic Story : My Dirty Friend (18+) Episode 1 / Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mini Me (Episode 1) by Storymack: 8:58am On Jul 17, 2023
"She's dying of hunger!" I shouted at the top of my voice as I struggled to grab the lunch box from her and yet, she refused.

It was a Monday morning and I was already prepared for school while Mom prepared for work.

My mom packed my lunch box with my favorite food, water and fruits juice.

I was so happy. Not that I was going to eat the food but I was going to give out one of my best things to someone I feel needed it more than I do.

Thirteen years old me was so glad I would be practicing the act of giving for the first time today!

We drove to the gate where my school bus usually come to pick me and there I saw her sitting helplessly on the cold wet floor.

She wrapped herself with a dirty wet duvet. My eyes teared up.

She was a young girl I usually see at the gate. I heard from my school mates that she was abandoned by her mother on the street because a prophet said she's a witch.

"Mom, can l give her my food?" I asked my mom in the car while we waited for my school bus.

"No son. She's a witch, that's why she's suffering. You can't give her your food."

"Mom, she's a special child and she needs food."

My school bus arrived and my Mom grabbed my lunch box and headed toward the school bus.

I ran after her and tried to snatch the lunch box from her but mom's hand was stronger than I could imagine.

I've always heard women are weaker vessel but my mom's hand was a stronger vessel here.

"She's dying of hunger!" My tear dropped as I struggled to take the lunch box from her.

But mom insisted she's a witch and deserve to suffer.

I don't know how true it is, but I don't think an innocent child deserve to suffer for any reason.

If she's possessed, then the prophet should've prayed and set her free. That's what Christ did.

He set the captive free.

And she's just an innocent little girl looking four or five years younger than me.

"Get into the bus!?" My Mom yelled.

I hurried into the bus and we zoomed off.

I kept my lunch and prayed I see her after school.

While we were going home, I told the bus driver what I wanted to do.

Luckily for me, he was a good man and he felt the same thing I felt for the girl.

When we got to the park, we saw her sitted far away from humans as usual.

The driver followed me to where she was sitted, crying.

I consoled her and gave her the lunch box containing my lunch and some snacks the driver bought for her.

She jumped on me and wept on my shoulder.

I was pained within me seeing an innocent child cry that way but I felt a little freedom in my spirit for being able to offer her food and water.

"God will send you the help you need, friend."

I never set my eyes on her again after that day.

Seventeen years later, I was at the mall shopping a birthday present for my mom when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

I looked back and I saw a light skinned lady standing before me.

She was such a beauty and she looked so much like my mother.

"Hi...My name is Priscilla."

"Hi, I'm Dennis." I replied.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you..."

"No... You're not." I cut in.

"I'm a staff here and I have seen you here countless times. I'm sorry...but you look like someone I have met before and his name is Dennis.

But I met him seventeen years ago at Admiralty park. I was just a little young girl battling unknown situation then.

I mean... I used to live at the park where my Mom abandoned me because she was told I'm a witch."

She chuckled.

I was lost in my thoughts staring at this young lass before me.

She is the girl! Yes!

She still had that beautiful eyes and dreadlocks on.

But I never knew her name.

I only told her mine.

But....she look so much like my mother and she has my dad's nose.

I didn't notice this back then...

Why is she looking so much like my mother?

No difference at all...

What could that mean?

TO Be Continued... https://storymack.com.ng/mini-me-episode-2/

(1) (Reply)

/ / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.