Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria (16068 Views)

Food Union Employers To Relocate Factories Over Outrageous Excise Duty, Taxation / Obafemi Olopade: My Calabar Condom, Syringe Factories Were Killed By Government / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Mystic216: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
occfx:

You don’t expect an Fulani man to love an igbo man. So China is more of a brother to Fulani man or Yoruba man than igbo man and vice versa. The problem of the country is unity and love yet I don't understand why the force to stay together.
What are you saying, please
You are so dumb bruv
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by STRI1: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mystic216:
Why can’t Nigeria be independent for once?

Can’t you empower your citizens to do these things and have all the money by yourself?
There are people that are capable of doing these things with adequate empowerment and support from the government, but No, they love China more than their citizens

Sigh

Every reasonable country wants foreign investors, even USA that's telling you to hate china produces all it's iphones and Tesla in china.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
occfx:

You don’t expect an Fulani man to love an igbo man. So China is more of a brother to Fulani man or Yoruba man than igbo man and vice versa. The problem of the country is unity and love yet I don't understand why the force to stay together.

The problem of the country is lack of factories and lack of technical know-how to turn raw materials into other finished products.

So to tackle it either the government or wealthy Nigerians must invest in building factories and invest in building institutions that teach and train the technical know-how to Nigerians.

The problem of the country is not unity.

The problem of the country is that majority of the old people that run the country are not innovative, don't know how to use computers, don't invest in new ideas, don't invest in research and development e.t.c

so Nigeria is stuck in the 1970s and 1980s that those old people grew up in.

Another problem is not wanting to see another ethnic nation progress.. Bu:hari stopped Lagos from having trains. When he came back in 2015 he closed the borders in the south and indirectly stopped Southerners from farming by not prosecuting h:erdsmen.

So to tackle this, ethnic nations in Nigeria must create their own development agencies funded by billionaires among them and maybe also their state governments. e.g. Lagos State govt built a port without federal government.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by phemmyfour: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
If you want to attract investors, do your bit.

How can you tell a sane mind that after 60 years of independence Nigeria cannot boast of 24-hour electricity supply?
don't mind them.

No power
No motorable roads....yet they want to attract investors
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by thuxzwda1: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mystic216:

Can’t you empower your citizens to do these things and have all the money by yourself?
There are people that are capable of doing these things with adequate empowerment and support from the government, but No, they love China more than their citizens

Sigh

Una no go pay there loan back angry angry
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by sharone21(f): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
etcme:
Must Nigeria as a country depend on other countries to provide everything for them?

Why not fund the existing ones. Don't tell me there is no money.

Nigeria has money. Money is in Nigeria. Our politicians knows that.

We need so many including Nigerian investors to venture into manufacturing/ industries to cater for the large population that needs employment.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by GentleRay: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Name that one individual who wants to...o
Mystic216:

Sigh
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by viodemus: 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na so china dey use set am. We have all around dunceeee in Nigerian leadership posts.

Mumu, do you think money and resources hungry china is looking to outsource anything of significance? Do you think china is USA or some parts of Europe, that can live with outsourcing. Just tell us that the chinese have paid you and some others, and you are giving them free will to drill and do mining all over Nigeria.

Igbos, many of those lithium are in the SE, some in edo, then cross Rivers, and a few places in north central. If they come to the east and anywhere in Rivers, we should spy on them and then take over. SE and friendly SS, should think regional first, stop sharing with other hungry regions, they don't like sharing with you. We let them scour, we peep game on all their strategies on extraction and everything, then we take over and share it with America for logistics and fair pay reasons. No time.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by gare(f): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Editorialtimes:

https://dailytrust.com/naseni-invites-producers-of-lithium-batteries-to-manufacture-in-nigeria/

Why ask china to come build for you when yo have 500Billion that can give you a lot of them , but instead you want to share it and pay instead investing that money to pay itself, Tinubu na accountant, see very bad policies, all economics keep quiet now.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by delishpot: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerian men and licking of foreigners nyansh ehn.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by occfx: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
codemaniacs:

The problem of the country is lack of factories and lack of technical know-how to turn raw materials into other finished products.

So to tackle it either the government or wealthy Nigerians must invest in building factories and invest in building institutions that teach and train the technical know-how to Nigerians.

The problem of the country is not unity.

The problem of the country is that majority of the old people that run the country are not innovative, don't know how to use computers, don't invest in new ideas, don't invest in research and development e.t.c

so Nigeria is stuck in the 1970s and 1980s that those old people grew up in.

Another problem is not wanting to see another ethnic nation progress.. Bu:hari stopped Lagos from having trains. When he came back in 2015 he closed the borders in the south and indirectly stopped Southerners from farming by not prosecuting h:erdsmen.

So to tackle this, ethnic nations in Nigeria must create their own development agencies funded by billionaires among them and maybe also their state governments. e.g. Lagos State govt built a port without federal government.

You are right but these are symptoms of lack of unity and love. Buhari didn't like the south hence he preferred herdsmen to every other person. Buhari closed many companies in the south due to hatred not because of any economic development. Billionaires are now afraid to invest in their country for fear of efcc and witch hunting. It is impossible to make any progress if we don't work together however, I don't see that happening soon. In the polling units, an average Yoruba man will still prefer his tribe man irrespective of anything, same with the north and the east. Any family or organization you successfully disunite, you have already conquered them. Nigeria needs a good leader who would unite the country by equalizing the playing ground, making everyone feel at home first and engaging all ethnic group to the best of there best.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by 1144AK(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
occfx:

You are right but these are symptoms of lack of unity and love. Buhari didn't like the south hence he preferred herdsmen to every other person. Buhari closed many companies in the south due to hatred not because of any economic development. Billionaires are now afraid to invest in their country for fear of efcc and witch hunting. It is impossible to make any progress if we don't work together however, I don't see that happening soon. In the polling units, an average Yoruba man will still prefer his tribe man irrespective of anything, same with the north and the east. Any family or organization you successfully disunite, you have already conquered them. Nigeria needs a good leader who would unite the country by equalizing the playing ground, making everyone feel at home first and engaging all ethnic group to the best of there best.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
occfx:

It's not symptoms of lack of unity and love.

Nigeria is a br:itish location and company which means the ethnic nations within Nigeria can never be United so the ethnic nations within the location called Nigeria have to work and develop the infrastructure in their own ethnic nations.

You have to understand and accept that all the ethnic nations cannot grow at the same pace and time so there is nothing like "unite the country by equalizing the playing ground" because infrastructure development is determined by each ethnic nation's revenue and their will to want to build more and better infrastructure.

If ethnic nation A uses it's revenue to build more infrastructure and ethnic nation B chops it's own revenue due to corruption and doesn't build anything then ethnic nation B starts complaining of marginalisation, hatred and lack of equality.

will ethnic nations B complaints make sense to ethnic nation A
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Menclothing: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Lol
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by occfx: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
codemaniacs:

It's not symptoms of lack of unity and love.

Nigeria is a br:itish location and company which means the ethnic nations within Nigeria can never be United so the ethnic nations within the location called Nigeria have to work and develop the infrastructure in their own ethnic nations.

You have to understand and accept that all the ethnic nations cannot grow at the same pace and time so there is nothing like "unite the country by equalizing the playing ground" because infrastructure development is determined by each ethnic nation's revenue and their will to want to build more and better infrastructure.

If ethnic nation A uses it's revenue to build more infrastructure and ethnic nation B chops it's own revenue due to corruption and doesn't build anything then ethnic nation B starts complaining of marginalisation, hatred and lack of equality.

will ethnic nations B complaints make sense to ethnic nation A

The complex corrupt network is what you have failed to address. Do you know that no region or ethnicity has the right to develop her federal roads unless the center (FG) does it. Do you also know that before this year no region has the right to generate power for his people. Do you also know that security must come from fg all the way from Abuja? Do you also know that revenue generated in my state or region goes to the center first through FIRS and the likes before coming back to me in form of allocation. That is wether my region works harder or not, I get the same allocation. Therefore, working hard is not proportional to the revenue I get. Now, if the center hates my region for no reason, what do you think will happen? Of course, poor road network, poor security, little or no allocation, poor electricity etc. Please, can you define development again for me if I cannot do all these by myself. The worst case now is the center now decides who governs the region by election malpractice. My dear, the country is terrible. Until a good leader levels the ground for independent development in equity, justice and unity... I doubt.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
occfx:

The complex corrupt network is what you have failed to address. Do you know that no region or ethnicity has the right to develop her federal roads unless the center (FG) does it. Do you also know that before this year no region has the right to generate power for his people. Do you also know that security must come from fg all the way from Abuja? Do you also know that revenue generated in my state or region goes to the center first through FIRS and the likes before coming back to me in form of allocation. That is wether my region works harder or not, I get the same allocation. Therefore, working hard is not proportional to the revenue I get. Now, if the center hates my region for no reason, what do you think will happen? Of course, poor road network, poor security, little or no allocation, poor electricity etc. Please, can you define development again for me if I cannot do all these by myself. The worst case now is the center now decides who governs the region by election malpractice. My dear, the country is terrible. Until a good leader levels the ground for independent development in equity, justice and unity... I doubt.

States can repair federal roads if they want to then they permission from the FG.

States could generate power just not more some megawatts.

States could have created and funded security if they wanted to afterall northern states created h:isbah.

Revenue from federal institutions go to the FG and FIRS collects taxes, states also collect taxes so if states want more revenue then states should create companies, farms, hotels, same way Lagos built toll Gates, the new season state owned seaport and made money and only paid a percentage as tax to FG while keeping the profits and doesn't wait for allocation.
State owned airport only pay percentage as taxes to FG and keeps the profits.

It's not about working hard, it's about ownership of companies, hotels, toll gates, airports, seaports, factories, refineries, farms, parking lots, houses to rent e.t.c
If your state does not invest in ownership then your state will get the same allocation from FG due to crude oil revenue.

For example, As an employee your salary will remain the same unless your boss promotes you and increases your salary.. Your salary cannot increase from N30k to N30m because you're working hard... it can only increase like that if you start your own company then you determine your salary.

The FG does not decide who your state governors, senators, LGA chairmen are.

A good leader cannot level the ground for independent development in equity, justice and unity because all states are not equal and can never be equal especially in revenue..

it's revenue and will to build infrastructure that determines development not good leaders.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by occfx: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
codemaniacs:

States can repair federal roads if they want to then they permission from the FG.

States could generate power just not more some megawatts.

States could have created and funded security if they wanted to afterall northern states created h:isbah.

Revenue from federal institutions go to the FG and FIRS collects taxes, states also collect taxes so if states want more revenue then states should create companies, farms, hotels, same way Lagos built toll Gates, the new season state owned seaport and made money and only paid a percentage as tax to FG while keeping the profits and doesn't wait for allocation.
State owned airport only pay percentage as taxes to FG and keeps the profits.

It's not about working hard, it's about ownership of companies, hotels, toll gates, airports, seaports, factories, refineries, farms, parking lots, houses to rent e.t.c
If your state does not invest in ownership then your state will get the same allocation from FG due to crude oil revenue.

For example, As an employee your salary will remain the same unless your boss promotes you and increases your salary.. Your salary cannot increase from N30k to N30m because you're working hard... it can only increase like that if you start your own company then you determine your salary.

The FG does not decide who your state governors, senators, LGA chairmen are.

A good leader cannot level the ground for independent development in equity, justice and unity because all states are not equal and can never be equal especially in revenue..

it's revenue and will to build infrastructure that determines development not good leaders.

I have started doubting if you live in Nigeria or may be you have been in Abuja for so long. The funny thing is everyone sees the country from a different perspective depending on your location. Different people are treated differently in the same country and even the Judiciary are guilty of this. That kind of country will not work and that's why the country is rolling backwards. If you have the opportunity, travel far and wide and get first hand experience. I based in the east for long, the situation there is terrible... Heading towards north, police and army treated us differently, the roads network was good and were done by the FG. Heading towards west, I felt federal presence as well and some leverage from the same FG who will not grant you license to do the same thing in the east. The other south south are just existing. Well, I have stopped complaining. Regional government is the way forward. It is the only way to know a region that has the capacity to develop. Nigeria is a failed state at the moment
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Onuoha1234(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
I have already urged INNOSON to switch to Lithium from Brine fromUBURU usinge DLE system.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Litmus: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
rajiedreez:

Bros if you know the numbers of people the government is sponsoring to go abroad to study you'll know that it's part the government and part the people fault. Most people sent abroad by the government stay back abroad and don no plan to ever come back to benefit the nation. Chinese student most don't even spend a night abroad after graduating from foreign university. They rush back to their country to find something doing

You stole my thunder.

I bet a great deal of those you may see on Youtube discussion channels bad-mouthing Nigeria with their big lips were beneficiaries of government sponsorship.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Ezyp(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
rajiedreez:

Bros if you know the numbers of people the government is sponsoring to go abroad to study you'll know that it's part the government and part the people fault. Most people sent abroad by the government stay back abroad and don no plan to ever come back to benefit the nation. Chinese student most don't even spend a night abroad after graduating from foreign university. They rush back to their country to find something doing

You are right they rush back home. But be honest what's the hope if our sponsored graduate rush back home. Our government no put things in place. If they do, many will rush back
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by Ezyp(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Nigeria will start from somewhere.

That's the hope.
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by EggonBoy(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
ThinkSmarter:
Long over due.
Nigeria has a huge deposit of lithium in Sambisa and around Lake Chad basin.
One of the cause of insecurities in the region.
Like it's happening in DR Congo.
Lithium is mostly found in Central region of Nasarawa ,Kaduna ,Niger,Kogi Plateau and Taraba .
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by cuteboy2: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2023
Plenty long talk which will end in no action as usual. NASENI EVC is calling on them to come and establish Lithium and EV plants. Not the operating word is "calling".

Bloody lazy Nigerian government officials👿
Is that the way other countries do it? You want massive mining, processing and manufacturing projects set up in Nigeria, you are busy "calling". Dey play. Keep calling you hear?

The hard work of taking steps to clean up the suffocating multiple taxation system, carrying out updated geological surveys, checking the festering corruption in cadastral licencing in ministry of mines, putting in place investor friendly regulations governing minerals processing and beneficiation, chasing away the illegal mining and stealing of minerals backed by powerful Nigerians, etc has to be done by Fed Government ,NASENI, Ministry of Mines, etc, before any serious investor will come into the country
Re: FG Calls On China, Others To Set Up Lithium Battery Factories In Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 7:03am On Jul 19, 2023
The truth of your statement has got nothing to do with the basic fact that a grown man should not be sucking his mother's breast any longer.

Deliver yourself from mental slavery as Bob Marley sang.

Go and research about how China turned from a broke nation to a world power in 40yrs.

It wasn't by bringing foreigners in but by empowering it's citizens to go out and learn how to do things
TUANKU:
People here complaining about China coming to take OUR(?) Lithium have no idea that China is the biggest player in Lithium both in terms of Lithium deposits and Battery development.
Calm down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Earns N472bn From Cocoa, Others / Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / Recharge Card Printing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.