Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap (1140 Views)

Toyota Solara 2004...is It Worth Buying? / Advice On Toyota Solara 2002-2005 / I Need Good Shocks Absorbers For My Solara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by UbongCR7(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening bosses
I have been on the look out for a car to get and what has really surprised me most us with the cost of toyota solara cars.

Is there any reason why the cars are relatively cheaper than other models of Toyota?

Also, what car would you advice a first car owner to get range of 2.5 to 3 million (good nigerian used)?
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by UbongCR7(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
Tpound
gazzuzz
Nurey

I apologise for tagging you guys; noticed your names to be recurring in this section.
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by nurey(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Because it's a 2door coupe or convertible. People rarely buy 2door cars in Nigeria reason it is cheap

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by brain54(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
UbongCR7:
Good evening bosses
I have been on the look out for a car to get and what has really surprised me most us with the cost of toyota solara cars.

Is there any reason why the cars are relatively cheaper than other models of Toyota?

Also, what car would you advice a first car owner to get range of 2.5 to 3 million (good nigerian used)?
I don’t know if they are cheaper…

But just a few days back I was thinking to myself how scarce they are. I mean I hardly see any these days.

Maybe my location though.

But it’s been a while I saw a Solara…it’s a good car though and at a time used to be my crush!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by brain54(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
nurey:
Because it's a 2door coupe or convertible. People rarely buy 2door cars in Nigeria reason it is cheap
You may not be far from the truth…

I hate 2 door coupe’s… maybe because I am a bit claustrophobic.

But I always admired the Solara from afar.

It’s the only 2 door I think I could ever like!
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by nurey(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
brain54:

I don’t know if they are cheaper…

But just a few days back I was thinking to myself how scarce they are. I mean I hardly see any these days.

Maybe my location though.

But it’s been a while I saw a Solara…it’s a good car though and at a time used to be my crush!

Production ended in 2008 as sales decline that's part of reason For its rarities.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by fineboynl(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
All 2 doors cars don’t sell Well in Nigeria. Because of low demands.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by TPound(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
UbongCR7:
Good evening bosses

Solara is simply the coupe version of Camry.
Just as matrix is the hatchback version of corolla.

This trim (Coupe) is distasteful in the mouth of Nigerians.

Regarding what type of car you want as a First timer, there are some questions I would have loved to ask before determining the best option for you...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by dopedan(m): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2023
brain54:

You may not be far from the truth…

I hate 2 door coupe’s… maybe because I am a bit claustrophobic.

But I always admired the Solara from afar.

It’s the only 2 door I think I could ever like!
Honda accord coupe is dope bro especially 2008 upwards

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by brain54(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2023
dopedan:

Honda accord coupe is dope bro especially 2008 upwards
Yeah…

It looks similar to the solara too.

I once drove my boss’ own. The only thing I had against it was the two door thing.

Even felt smoother and more balanced on the ground than the regular accord version.

But I have never also been a fan of Honda cars too!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by UbongCR7(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
TPound:

Regarding what type of car you want as a First timer, there are some questions I would have loved to ask before determining the best option for you...

Ok boss.
I could send a message to the number on ur signature
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by radautoworks: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
2 door plus just Nigerian taste
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by TPound(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2023
UbongCR7:

Ok boss.
I could send a message to the number on ur signature

Okay chief
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by Kaybaba5(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2023
TPound:

Why can’t u ask the questions here for us to benefit from it please
Re: Why Are Solara Cars Relatively Cheap by TPound(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kaybaba5:

Why can’t u ask the questions here for us to benefit from it please

I paid to gain knowledge.
You can't just walk into a therapist's office and get free sessions.
You Gerrit?

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Get An Infiniti FX35 Navigation System Working / Are Nigerian Drivers Defensive Or Offensive? / Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.