Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? (30022 Views)

Nnamdi Onochie: Negotiating With Boko Haram Will Save Nigeria N1.2trn Spent / 618 Schools Shut In Northern States Over Abduction Scare / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by proeast(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2023
Disturbing news just emerged that fuel price has increased again to 618 per litre. The worst is that this price is what NNPC is selling! Independent marketers usually sell higher.

How are Nigerians, particularly workers on fixed salary going to survive? Before now, some workers in Lagos and Abuja often spend as much as 3,000 to 4,000 daily on transportation. It's even pathetic to note that these workers mostly earn less than 100,000 monthly.

If you're a worker in Lagos or Abuja, or other Nigerian cities, how are you surviving?

Something needs to be done urgently either by those in authority or those at the receiving end. Obviously, we can't continue like this!!

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by SalamRushdie: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2023
We warned y'all to avoid that Obidient movt so we can first remove the satanic party APC from power and shut it down but una no gree

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by LordAdam16: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
We warned y'all to avoid that Obidient movt so we can first remove the satanic party APC from power and shut it down but una no gree

Take cover! They're coming for you!

-Lord

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by abhosts(m): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Atiku also promised to increase the suffering of the masses by removing subsidy and floating Naira. Only Sowore was pro subsidy.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by SmartPolician: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2023
If Tinubu could govern the richest state in Nigeria and his biggest achievement was leaving behind a plan for his successors, nobody should expect anything from him.

I live in Lagos, but I thank God I work remotely and online too. Before now, I'd budget 11k for 50-litre PMS for my gen per month. Now, 12k cannot even fill a 25-litre Jerry can. However, electricity has significantly improved - probably because we are in rainy season.

209 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by a4cube: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2023
Source pls

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Validated: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu is giving you N8k ($10), so do not complain

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by HitlerWasRight: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Disturbing news just emerged that fuel price has increased again to 618 per litre. The worst is that this price is what NNPC is selling! Independent marketers usually sell higher.

How are Nigerians, particularly workers on fixed salary going to survive? Before now, some workers in Lagos and Abuja often spend as much as 3,000 to 4,000 daily on transportation. It's even pathetic to note that these workers mostly earn less than 100,000 monthly.

If you're a worker in Lagos or Abuja, or other Nigerian cities, how are you surviving?

Something needs to be done urgently either by those in authority or those at the receiving end. Obviously, we can't continue like this!!

If it's 618 as you claimed then it's going far higher in Alaigbo goshen

Worry about your exploited masses before you mention Lagos or Abuja .

Abi you are one of thise resident Ibos claiming Abuja and Lagos Ibo?

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Insidekash: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2023
God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by emmaodet: 11:53am On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
If Tinubu could govern the richest state in Nigeria and his biggest achievement was leaving behind a plan for his successors, nobody should expect anything from him.

I live in Lagos, but I thank God I work remotely and online too. Before now, I'd budget 11k for 50-litre PMS for my gen per month. Now, 12k cannot even fill a 25-litre Jerry can. However, electricity has significantly improved - probably because we are in rainy season.

grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by XerXers: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
We warned you to give Obi the PDP ticket or at least VP but you said Igbos are irrelevant. You can now lick your wounds in Arewanistan for falling cheaply to yoruba propaganda. Igbos have high purchasing power unlike you impoverished feudal fiefdom

237 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by XerXers: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

If it's 618 as you claimed then it's going far higher in Alaigbo goshen

Worry about your exploited masses before you mention Lagos or Abuja .

Abi you are one of thise resident Ibos claiming Abuja and Lagos Ibo?

We have money, we are hustlers. Workers on fixed salary are the worst hit. Business people will just increase price

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by seguno2: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

As long as this Yorubalokan government continues to favour me and my family members, I am happy with Tinubu’s Emilokan turn after Buhari’s all round failure.
To God be the glory.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by seguno2: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
XerXers:

We warned you to give Obi the PDP ticket or at least VP but you said Igbos are irrelevant

That is Wike for you. Doing gragra to chase Obi out of PDP, as part of the game plan for Tinubu to get his own turn at the commonwealth.

2023: PDP and politics of healing Wike’s self-inflicted injury

Then, the race began in earnest for three years now, reaching a frenzy with the works of the two PDP committees on zoning. The first was the Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi committee on the zoning of the PDP party offices. The Ugwuanyi committee quickly told the world the committee’s assignment did not cover zoning the office of the president. Though this was true, the question is: why didn’t the Ugwuanyi committee zone the PDP chairmanship to the North without aligning it to the divide that would produce the PDP presidential flag-bearer? The second committee headed by Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue state was specifically on the zoning of the presidential ticket and, with the votes of the representatives of all the 17 Southern states without any exception, the Committee unanimously recommended throwing open the PDP presidential ticket, which the PDP NEC simply upheld.

One thing irrefutably stands out – Wike shot himself in the leg. Here was a man who had an overarching influence on both committees but could not insist that the ticket be zoned South. Many had wondered why? The reason is also relatively in plain sight: the Southeast factor. As the clamour for zoning of the presidential ticket of the PDP to South reached its crescendo, many had pointed out the fact that though the PDP Constitution had prescribed zoning of the office of the president to be between North and South since the South-west and South-south had taken their turns in producing the president and the vice in this current dispensation in the persons of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, zoning this time around, should not just be to the South but the Southeast.

Atiku Abubakar went a step further by offering to step down from the race if it would be agreed that the touted zoning to the South would mean micro-zoning to the Southeast. Wike and the rest could not take the Atiku challenge maybe because Atiku would likely back Peter Obi, who was his vice-presidential running mate in 2019 and an ally. The prospects of Peter Obi picking the ticket if PDP zoned South was so real compelling Wike to go for an open contest, believing he could pick it up ahead of Atiku, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed, given his large war chest.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-pdp-and-politics-of-healing-wikes-self-inflicted-injury/amp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Mossadd: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
XerXers:

We warned you to give Obi the PDP ticket or at least VP but you said Igbos are irrelevant
thank God igbo are enjoying balabulu govt now 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Seefinish: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
LordAdam16:

Take cover! They're coming for you!

-Lord
your eyes don clear, no more shouting " on your mandate we shall stand"

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by XerXers: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Okoro, eat your worhless illicit paper money .

Wealth is measured by might and not how many inked Jewish paper you gathered from scheming.

When we begin the blockade, let's see how that paper will sustain you.

Awo, showed you guys that by the power of the pen, we can easily turn you to Somalia levels of hunger that you resort to your ancestral canibbalsm.

Consolation for lazy people. Continue waiting for Awos pen while your mud houses are collapsing on your heads due to your extreme poverty. Might is all about exertion of energy by the common people
This is the difference between you and us

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by XerXers: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mossadd:
thank God igbo are enjoying balabulu govt now 😂
Igbos are making more money from balabulu government. Government failure is business opportunities for the Igbos. If you like continue voting nonesense

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by LordAdam16: 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Seefinish:
your eyes don clear, no more shouting " on your mandate we will stand"

You must be under the influence... Or have me confused with one of our resident Agbado miscreants.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by uchelouis45(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Okoro, eat your worhless illicit paper money .

Wealth is measured by might and not how many inked Jewish paper you gathered from scheming.

When we begin the blockade, let's see how that paper will sustain you.

Awo, showed you guys that by the power of the pen, we can easily turn you to Somalia levels of hunger that you resort to your ancestral canibbalsm.

Lol. See your response. You are pained 🤣🤣

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Houseofglam7(f): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
😫😩😫😫😩
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Okortor: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Everyone is feeling it

Agbadorites, obidients, PDP, APC, labour party.

If Nigerians don't protest this time then it's a sorry case and nobody should complain. Barely two month into office and nearly everyone has turned into local or professional beggar in disguise of show love!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by PissInside: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Origin bitters,my favorite bitters is now 700 naira.

If not for alcohol & weed,man for don craze for this hellish country.

And the funniest thing is we act and move on as if nothing is happening.

Let me go and buy Origin bitters and Loud before I go eat amala and goat meat.

15 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by walozanga(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
We are all in it together, what a shame? Atleast the price is not subsidised for the zombies. APC is a time bomb.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by ken6488(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
CNG/ELECTRIC BRT. ✌
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by iCauseTrouble: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
May this fuel increase favour me and my family..... grin grin grin grin grin

On your mandate we shall trek

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by MorataFC: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
God will save me and my family

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thugs Working For An Aspirant At Ekiti APC Primary Election Arrested (More Photo / Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG / Ikpeazu Relaxes Lockdown In Abia To Celebrate Easter, Gives Conditions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.