Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

How A POS Agent scammed By A School Boy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A POS Agent scammed By A School Boy (411 Views)

ABU Student Kills Secondary School Boy Over Homosexual Advances / Secondary School Boy Stabs A Man Dead In Delta (Disturbing Photos) / Christian Lucky Kenjika School-Boy Beheaded In Rivers. Disturbing Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A POS Agent scammed By A School Boy by geoworldedu: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2023
After work yesterday, I was heading home. I found a crowd gathered in a POS agent spot just around VGC area. I alighted from my car to do a little aproko. Then I saw a school boy in his school uniform weeping. The POS guy was holding tight to his chest.
As amebo wey I be, I started asking what happened. At first I didn't get an answer. I won't just leave until I get a substantial reason for wasting my time coming down from my car to satisfy my curiosity.
Eventually I heard the crux of the matter.
The boy in school uniform is a student of +++++(sorry I have to protect the school image). He walked to the POS arena and asked to transfer #50,000 to a certain account number. He purported that he has the 50k cash in his bag to give to the POS agent. They asked him if he was sure he has it and he reiterated yes. Then they sent the money to the account he gave them. Then the whole drama drastically unfolded.
'Guy, where is the #50,000 cash and the charges?'
The guy opened the bag and it was empty. How come? The guy claimed he had the money in his bag. The POS guy doesn't care about that. All he wanted is the cash.
For minutes rolling into hours they were just right there rigmarolling.
It seems like the boy was following an instruction from scammers and himself has indirectly scammed the POS guy.
People were blaming the POS guy for not seeing the cash before transferring the money. Some people who saw the Whatsapp chat of the boy said he was following instruction. The chat directed the boy to go to any POS agent and tell them he wanted to transfer cash to the account number he was given. Probably it is all these send #50,000 and get #100,000 back in 30 seconds stuffs.
I wonder how people still fall into such traps these days.
The boy could have thought the scammers will send 100k back to his own account immediately.

Any similar experience? Please share let's learn.
Re: How A POS Agent scammed By A School Boy by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
geoworldedu:
After work yesterday, I was heading home. I found a crowd gathered in a POS agent spot just around VGC area. I alighted from my car to do a little aproko. Then I saw a school boy in his school uniform weeping. The POS guy was holding tight to his chest.
As amebo wey I be, I started asking what happened. At first I didn't get an answer. I won't just leave until I get a substantial reason for wasting my time coming down from my car to satisfy my curiosity.
Eventually I heard the crux of the matter.
The boy in school uniform is a student of +++++(sorry I have to protect the school image). He walked to the POS arena and asked to transfer #50,000 to a certain account number. He purported that he has the 50k cash in his bag to give to the POS agent. They asked him if he was sure he has it and he reiterated yes. Then they sent the money to the account he gave them. Then the whole drama drastically unfolded.
'Guy, where is the #50,000 cash and the charges?'
The guy opened the bag and it was empty. How come? The guy claimed he had the money in his bag. The POS guy doesn't care about that. All he wanted is the cash.
For minutes rolling into hours they were just right there rigmarolling.
It seems like the boy was following an instruction from scammers and himself has indirectly scammed the POS guy.
People were blaming the POS guy for not seeing the cash before transferring the money. Some people who saw the Whatsapp chat of the boy said he was following instruction. The chat directed the boy to go to any POS agent and tell them he wanted to transfer cash to the account number he was given. Probably it is all these send #50,000 and get #100,000 back in 30 seconds stuffs.
I wonder how people still fall into such traps these days.
The boy could have thought the scammers will send 100k back to his own account immediately.

Any similar experience? Please share let's learn.

In the midst of doing Amebo
What if them don knack you plank for head and you eventually died?
If God ask you wetin kill you, wetin you go tell am?
Re: How A POS Agent scammed By A School Boy by geoworldedu: 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Battlefield2:

In the midst of doing Amebo
What if them don knack you plank for head and you eventually died?
If God ask you wetin kill you, wetin you go tell am?
I go tell God say baba God, you know the beginning from the end. You already know thAt it will happen before you created me. grin

(1) (Reply)

Business Bursted By NAFDAC & Police For Producing Fake VSOP, Eva Wine - Video / Hannibal Barca: The Greatest Military General In Ancient History. / Breaking News: Unknown Gun Men Attacks Ebonyi [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.