Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Exhaust Net.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Exhaust Net.. (723 Views)

Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not? / Toyota Camry 2007 Single Exhaust Conversion To Dual / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exhaust Net.. by 7bucklife: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
I had been driving my gs 300 without looking under the chassis especially when i go to alignment shop. So about 3 weeks ago,I noticed my fuel consumption had increased. So I went to my friend's place and he took me to his panel beater. Before then,my car idles smoothly on bumpy roads,hills,. My guys panel now said the net under the exhaust was leaking and that we need to change it to hard pipe. I agreed and since then whenever I step on brakes at a bump or hill.The engine now behaves like it wants to shut down. Seems the pipe is choking the engine and it can't breathe. When I challenged him on notice in engine performance he boldly told me that my engine is straight six and that the net that was there was for a dual engine like v6 and not straight six...now my engine acts like it wants to go off if I want to climb a speed bump and I apply brakes..or when I'm olin motion and I apply brakes,the brake pedal suddenly feels heavy like as if the car is off. It never acted this way before installing the hard pipe that doesn't have net or aluminium mesh....
Re: Exhaust Net.. by homeboy205: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
Your engine is not breathing well, that flex net is there for a reason so as to absorb all engine vibrations without sending it to the cabin.

Don’t drive the car hard like that or else you go get RED HOT exhaust.

Just get another good net for your car and fix it back.

If the engine nor breath well, engine go spoil and you know price lately

1 Like

Re: Exhaust Net.. by mejai(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
Angrygoat and buygala ur advice go dey important.

Engine go soon implode abi explode. angry
Re: Exhaust Net.. by NokiaN8(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
Fix a resonator instead there... And flex better..

(1) (Reply)

Auto Warranties In Nigeria / Your Reactions After A Car Accident / Cost Of Petroleum In Other Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.