Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 (11010 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / Money Supply Jumps To N49 Trillion / CBN Increases The Capital Base Of Microfinance Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Willie2015: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
Economy is continuous, some of those money will be given to business men and investors to put into production activity, as long as we can use our money and produce things and into investment we are good, it will balance out and expand the economy. It doesn't mean all the money withdrawn from CBN will be consumed, some will go into investment ventures and businesses via loans, to create more value for the economy.
We must endeavor to export more as well, earn from other nations, but importantly, we must buy and use what we produce, to maintain our wealth and build it. You are looking at it from a narrow perspective.

Those money will be used to fund...
bills of politicians and their aides...
Thats the major irony of the Nigerian system...
Over 62 years of existence...
we are still talking about exportin more.
Poor road network...non existing rail systems. ..
Subsistence farming etc...
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Gajagojo: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Shut ya fckking gutter..
yes ...
Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have lexy2014 been unable to drive growth is untrue
It's only two months fa!
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Coronavirus1: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buhari will be Saint by the time Tinubu finish dealing with you guys.
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Sijo01(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu finally have the free hand to print more money as he has always desired. 😂

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by InvertedHammer: 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Economics is more complex than alcohol and alcoholics.
/

There is nothing complicated about Economics.

Common sense Economics still beats textbook Economics. Your father may be a better Economist without degree than Emefile but academic degree is what's intimidating you. The reason they plot Demand and Supply graph is to make it seem more complicated than it is. A market woman in Osogbo understands the principles without fancy graphs. Do you ever wonder why professors in Economics are not the wealthiest in the world?

That's why the Economics you study in school is about how those with common sense solved their challenges. They may use jargons to confuse and intimidate amateurs like you.

/
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by stevestifler(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
I want to read the full report. Kindly cite the source

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

There is nothing complicated about Economics.

Common sense Economics still beats textbook Economics. Your father may be a better Economist without degree than Emefile but academic degree is what's intimidating you. The reason they plot Demand and Supply graph is to make it seem more complicated than it is. A market woman in Osogbo understands the principles without fancy graphs. Do you ever wonder why professors in Economics are not the wealthiest in the world?

That's why the Economics you study in school is about how those with common sense solved their challenges. They may use jargons to confuse and intimidate amateurs like you.

/
I didn't say complicated, I said complex. There are indices that determine factors etc...you are just abusing and ranting,. please let's not talk like market women. Complex and complicated are two different word. Try to understand before you start to abuse and rant, I rather you give me fact and principles than rant. Am not here to argue, or rant for clout or whatever, let's state points and facts.
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Increasing the money supply without an aggregate increase in the supply of goods results in price levels going up. Since the amount of production didn't increase at the same rate the cost of goods go up. The graph shows how increasing money supple increases inflation in one scenario.

Assuming the economy is 100 apples and they are all 1 naira. The economy is 100 naira or apples. Assuming the money supple increased 16% the there's now 116 naira and still 100 apples in this example. The price inflation rate is 16%. You not wealthier because you still have 100 apples. Money has utility becsuse ut buys goods and services. Do you get how adding money effects inflation?

Bro, how does having 116naira in the economy and 100apples in the economy now cause inflation?
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by pizapato(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

I regret to inform you that the Central Bank of Nigeria printed an alarming quantity of money electronically in June 2023 (source).

They increased the supply of narrow money aka M1 - which includes cash and money in bank accounts that can be spent immediately, from ₦22.47 trillion to ₦24.49 trillion, which means they printed ₦2.03 trillion, increasing the narrow money supply by a whopping 9.03% in one month - June. 🙆‍♂️

They increased the supply of broad money M3, which includes all money in the country, from ₦55.8 trillion to ₦64.9 trillion, which means they printed ₦9.1 trillion naira, increasing broad money supply by 16.31%, in one month. In other words, what they printed in June is 16.31% of all the money that the CBN had printed since independence. 🙆‍♂️

What does this mean? According to the CBN itself, "there is excess money supply when the amount of money in circulation is higher than the level of total output of the economy. When money supply exceeds the level the economy can efficiently absorb, it dislodges the stability of the price system, leading to inflation or higher prices of goods."

It also impacts the exchange rate; when more of a currency is printed, each unit of the currency becomes less valuable. A source I spoke to said that he suspects that the government has borrowed more money from the CBN. Trillions of naira. Inflation is 📈, naira is 📉.

I wonder why you are whining and wailing.
You have always known BAT as an advocate of endless printing of cash, yet you believe in his manifesto and supported him.

Like I told a close relative who was also supporting BAT, naira is going to 1500 to $1 in the next 6-12 months.

I know you are insulated from the economic meltdown, however when it gets to a stage even the rich might become unsafe because crime is bound to increase

2 Likes

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Blue3k(m): 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

Bro, how does having 116naira in the economy and 100apples in the economy now cause inflation?

Lol you'll never get it. I guess economics is for everyone.

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol you'll never get it. I guess economics is for everyone.

I do get it. It's u am not sure who has gotten it because u are just repeating the "what" without explaining the "how".

If u have gotten it, then u should have no problems explaining how 116 naira and 100apples cause inflation.

It's your analogy. Why can't you explain it further?
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Blue3k(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

He will soon ask you the question again...

You were right. He's trolling because it's hard to believe anyone is this slow.

lexy2014:

I do get it. It's u am not sure who has gotten it because u are just repeating the "what" without explaining the "how".

If u have gotten it, then u should have no problems explaining how 116 naira and 100apples cause inflation.

It's your analogy. Why can't you explain it further?

Keep lying to yourself. The explanation is sufficient since you say you get it. If you disagree tell me your reasons.

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by nairalanda1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

I have been his target before. I know his game well.

Best way to deal with him is not to play.

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Keep lying to yourself. The explanation is sufficient since you say you get it. If you disagree tell me your disagreement.

If I ask you, what has trolling got to do with d questions I asked you, will u be able to answer d question?

You claimed that 116naira and 100apples in the economy automatically causes inflation. That is the "what".

My question is simple...how does 116naira and 100 apples in an economy cause inflation? For someone who is an expert in economics, u shouldn't have any problems dissecting d question
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Blue3k(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

If I ask you, what has trolling got to do with d questions I asked you, will u be able to answer d question?

You claimed that 116naira and 100apples in the economy automatically causes inflation. That is the "what".

My question is simple...how does 116naira and 100 apples in an economy cause inflation? For someone who is an expert in economics, u shouldn't have any problems dissecting d question

Do you disagree with the statement increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation? If so tell us why.

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

I have been his target before. I know his game well.

Best way to deal with him is not to play.

You haven't finished your homework.

Pls which jobs, investments and price reductions have accrued to Nigeria as a result of removal of subsidy on kerosene and diesel?

How would subsisdy have eaten out revenue?

Before previous governments started removing subsisdy, what was the percentage on each litre of fuel they were paying as subsidy?

With each subsequent removal, what percentage on a litre of fuel was being paid as subsisdy and what did that amount to in total?

Which subsidy did Mele Kyari say was totally removed in 2020? If subsidy was completely removed in 2020, which one is Tinubu removing in 2023?

Which subsisdy on petrol did Tinubu now remove in 2023?

What percentage on each litre of fuel was nigeria paying as subsisdy before may 29, 2023?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Yankee101: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu Tinubu
Which kind inflationary economics be this
There’s still no advantage over buhari so far, worse actually
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Do you disagree with the statement increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation? If so tell us why.

My agreement or disagreement isn't responsible for your claim that increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation.

If that is your claim, how does increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation?
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by samcolee(m): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls which jobs, investments and price reductions have accrued to Nigeria as a result of removal of subsidy on kerosene and diesel?

Before previous governments started removing subsisdy, what was the percentage on each litre of fuel they were paying as subsidy?

With each subsequent removal, what percentage on a litre of fuel was being paid as subsisdy and what did that amount to in total?

Which subsidy did Mele Kyari say was totally removed in 2020? If subsidy was completely removed in 2020, which one is Tinubu removing in 2023?

What percentage on each litre of fuel was nigeria paying as subsisdy before may 29, 2023?

Nobody is talking about this especially the % paid by govt prior to removal
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by miceroms: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
I am yet to understand the direction of the new CBN governor. He is not explaining anything, he is not giving briefings, he is just kowtowing and reversing policies left, right , center. I also understand that the tenure of directors have also been adjusted - something that was done to prevent high-handedness and sit-tight syndrome of these commercial banks.
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Blue3k(m): 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

erniok thatigboman greggng a4cube lasenior bonnyhope semperfid nasri100 kukutenla slowice advanceDNA...see the way nairalanda1 will dodge these questions

Why are you changing the subject? Why do you only ask questions and instead of answering direct questions. Do you believe increasing money supply doesn't cause inflation? If so tell us why. It's OK to disagree tell us your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by dannyspeejay(m): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
i saw this coming!!!

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Why are you changing the subject? Why do you only ask questions and instead of answering direct questions. Do you believe increasing money supply doesn't cause inflation? If so tell us why. It's OK to disagree tell us your thoughts.

Was the post you just responded to addressed to you?
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by saysoo: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
Is it possible to say now or should we just wait a bit that Buhari is better than Tinubu? Na question I ask ooh.
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Niccoloimhotep: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
slawomir:
Tinubu's administration is a disaster
you forgot to add damn niggar 🥺😭

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Bluntemperor: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dottore:
Today the exchange rate is 1USD to 834 Naira. This is the weakest since the history of Nigeria and it's seems to be degenerating irredeemably.
Most Petrol Stations are in Panic Mode because of speculations hence they are suspending sales. The few ones that are selling are now selling from 600 Naira and above per litre.
My heartfelt empathy to fixed and meagre salary earners especially couples.
This is barely 2 months after handover and Nigerians have started missing Buhari who clearly had nothing to offer. Now oga BAT is here with full package just under 2 months even the blind are seeing. My humble advise, fasten your seat belts we have just 3 years and 10months to decide except God intervenes.
It's really interesting to see that everyone is witnessing this both the people that campaigned and voted for the incumbent and the people that voted against them.

Nonsense talk!
What does an average IPOB or LP and PDP do- just raise alarm to rubbish -Any- Govt in Power,once it's not their own in power? See Charle Boy- who lost his identity decades ago!
Who is missing Buhari, except an ignoramus like you or Femi Adesina- who forgot he from Foursquare root,just because of a mosel in Aso Rock!
President Tinubu has done what others rulers were afraid to do since independence - removal of Corrupt Entities called 'Oil Subsidies!
Your Emefiele crudely dealt with us through Cashless Nonsense Policy,till now my Money is still hanging between POS and the Banks!
You saw how your Emefiele killed many Small and Medium Scale Businesses that are yet to comeback because their Cash- lifeline dried up! Shame!
Questions:
1•Why did Nigerians accepted to be emergency Contractors of Crude Oil-why is it the Only Products we put all our energies- what about Cotton,Rubber Productions for Dunlop and Michelin in their Days?
2• What happened to our Agriculture? No wander Buhari govt called you people lazy Youths!
3•Where is our Manufacturing- without Lights?
4• what happens to Technological Advancements and Development?
5• Why is Discos not given 24/7 Lights and still bring Estimated Billing- despite the House of Representatives - banning them but they still send it to your Phones? - is that not Corruption?
Is it Tinubu that brought that upon Nigeria? Even Buhari's Oil discovery in the North,we are yet to see it?
6- Since inception of the bloody Civilian in 1979, how have the Refineries performed?- So,it's Tinubu,abi?
7- Why are we on this One Product ( Mono- Product-Oil,Oil,Oil)?
Don't you know that you can't continue to Imports and you expect your Foreign Exchange ( Naira Value)- especially ,with only one Product(oil) to be the same!
Even when Saudi- Arabia- and Other OPEC leaders are gradually Moving away from this? Are we jazzed - that we are now blaming a govt of 2- months or so? Elon Musk Car is Fully Battery Induced- no petrol usage!
8- Our Leaders - including some of the Former and New Govt - Executives,National Assembly ( Senators-and House of representative) including the State Assembly,Governors have wasted our Collective Resources - that today the Youths cannot stand economically by themselves,except by Connections - which is not good for their future,as they ought to independently do things like Zuckerberg or Microsoft CEO of America!
Here you are , instead of telling us Solutions,or what can be done to reverse the urgly trends, you wanted the Blame Game!
Please,shift,Nigeria has since moved- you can't eat your Cake and still have it in your hands!
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Blue3k(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

My agreement or disagreement isn't responsible for your claim that increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation.

If that is your claim, how does increasing money supply intensifies aka increases inflation?

You saw 100 turn to 116 over a year. The new price of the apples turned N1.16 in my example instead of 1N before the money supply increased. What more do you need?
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by Hassanmaye(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
PlayMaker14:
When you employ an incompetent daft unintelligent fellow at the helms of affairs because he speaks the same language with you, “REGRETS” will be the order of the day.

This is just Verse 1.
Hahahaha
Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by lexy2014: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blue3k:

You saw 100 turn to 116 over a year. The new price of the apples turned N1.16 in my example instead of 1N before the money supply increased. What more do you need?

How does the price of apple turn to N1.16 from N1 just because money supply increased to N116 and there is 100 apples in the economy?

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 by TheBillyonaire: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Increasing volume of money supply is not a bad concept. What is bad is not understanding quantitative easing and how to mop the excess liquidity.

If I am President, I will 'print' more money on those database and fund mega projects via government owned corporations and control money supply within and outside Nigeria and Nigerians will enjoy.

I can teach Tinubu a thing or two on the Chinese model. I know how it works but I will not go into politics. Nigeria needs professionals as managers of economy not politically exposed thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval / Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? / Fire Outbreak At NNPC Station In Hadejia, Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.