Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities (3927 Views)

Tinubu Bows To Pressure, reviews N8000 Cash Transfer, Unveil Other Palliatives / EXCLUSIVE: FG Cancels Proposed N8000 Cash Palliative; To Increase Minimum Wage. / FG Cancels ALL Foreign Printing Contracts For Nigerian Passports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Brownshoe: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
My people my question be say! Will this increment reach state workers too? Because some governor never to start paying that first one since.

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Igwe9(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
how will the commodity be distributed? they must find a way to divert funds
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Beremx(f): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
What is the percentage of federal workers who are going to enjoy the minimum wage increase compared to the rest of the population?
Even if the 8k will be shared, what percentage of the household will receive the money?
In both analysis, who benefits more?
If Tinubu's administration decides to share foodstuff, we know the people who will benefit.

2 Likes

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by LegendHero(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Throwback:

I would rather say people are too tired of fighting a leadership that keeps changing but has never changed its wickedness.

That is why Tinubu will get away with it.

Buhari also played his part in psychologically incapacitating the citizenry by informing of the removal but post dating it.

There was no challenge from the opposition. In fact, the leading opposition presidential candidates all agreed that they would remove subsidy immediately.

The masses are on their own.

The Nigerian government has taken the easier route as always, with the expectation that the masses will bear the brunt.

If in 3 month, nothing comes up as better impactful palliative policies, you will see people going back to the street. By that time, even NLC no go fit control them.

That’s why people in the presidency should make sure any program they have in the short term get deployed with realizable impact and then keep the people abreast of the long term program.

Tinubu already got the grace. It is not an easy feat to remove subsidy and yet everywhere remain calm.

What he chose to do after the removal and how the presidency reduce the impact is now left to him. Clock is ticking and I personally am confident in his leadership.
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Remii(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Gondonu:
The same Tunubu stood against removal of the same subsidy in 2012. So what has changed
is 2012 the same as 2023? was there APC in 2012?
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by LegendHero(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Subsidy money that will be looted,dey play

That’s 50/50. Might be and might not be.

However, the most surest way to loot is to let the subsidy remain. Only God know the trillion that have gone down the drain in that loot all through these years.

Also, even if they want to loot, the excess will still Sprinkle down to the states government and probably they loot at that level. FAAC will definitely increase. Coz now, the finances of the FG can be tracked and any loot can be easily calculated and seen as against Subsidy payment that is opaque.
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Curious346: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
I wonder who is advising our president ? Too many policy summersault in such a short time

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Ezmans: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Omoawoke:
8k is useless

Floating of naira is the biggest mistake of this administration
before September fuel I'll be 1200
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Curious346: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ezmans:
it's 1600 in ghana
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Freebills12: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
TemplarLandry:
Give it up for Baba Tinubu.

I dedicate “Cloak And Dagger” by Burna Boy feat. J. Hus to him. Great jam!

You don't have a single shame as a man!
So this unplanned policy merit an applause?

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Omoawoke: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ezmans:

Hahaha Wahala Wahala
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by DMerciful(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Karleb(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
E come bet like as Elon Musk dey test for production.

E don be! cheesy Did they also cancel the official Bentley they were going to buy? grin
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Bimpe29: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hopefully, the fraudulent and infamous cash transfer will be discarded and rational palliative will be holistically considered and implemented.

We can't be joking and taking things for granted at this trying moment as a nation.

Agriculture, transportation, civil service and the generality of the masses needs the palliative ASAP.

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by ambale(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Give it up for Baba Tinubu.

I dedicate “Cloak And Dagger” by Burna Boy feat. J. Hus to him. Great jam!

Who is this idiat just typing nonsense comments on all posts laidis

This forum looks like a union of bots sef
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Twist4u: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Fact is, Tinubu has proven not be smart as his Agbado miscreant forecasted.

Any human being that Buhari can outsmart is docile and doom.

How can you jump on your day of inauguration and start shouting fuel subsidy is over when you don't have details of the issues on ground.

What the dullard Buhari couldn't achieve in 8 years. You just jump like someone already high on the white substance shouting fuel subsidy is gone, is gone and entered Buhari trap.

Now manage the damage, Babablue says he is sharing #8k palliative, like, is it for Agbado or groundnut?

Isn't it very clear that Tinubu is continuing from where Buhari stopped with the speed of light. Palliative that failed woefully under the dullardino 8 years fiasco. Tinubu has adopted it.

Exchange rate is currently #805 = $1

And the bits goes on ...

Fact remains, you cannot give what you don't have.
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by ambale(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
DevilsEqual:
BAT!!!
I like flexible and dynamic people...
This is a trait for Great men

Indecision is not flexibility, deep thinking, researching and building a team is what the president needs now and not this rushed policies that he would later scrap

He's already starting on the wrong foot, i pray he can get things together going forward

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by MadamExcellency: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://podiumreporters.com/index.php/2023/07/18/exclusive-fg-cancels-proposed-n8000-cash-palliative-to-increase-minimum-wage-distribute-key-commodities-instead/

They stole my initiative. This was my advice today.

If I were to advise Mr President on what truly constitutes palliative. I made those points and they are attributing them to Mr President without giving me the credits
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by LegendHero(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:

They stole my initiative. This was my advice today.

If I were to advise Mr President on what truly constitutes palliative. I made those points and they are attributing them to Mr President without giving me the credits

Kudos to you then. But most progressive have been condemning that 8k palliative move.

Besides the fact that it won’t have much impact, the main issue is also that almost 50% of those money might not reach the beneficiaries because they are the poorest of the poor, most of them won’t have a bank account and that gives government official chance to embezzle the money.

It might be a good intention, but in Nigeria, you gatz wise up and make sure the policy you deploy is one that is corruption proof to at least 85%.
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Solowise0814: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
You are very stupid if you are expecting anything from APC
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by Solowise0814: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
LegendHero:
I trust Podiumreporters, but I’m waiting on NTA to confirm this news too and it’s gonna be great.

Good that they listen to voice of reasoning. Spending that money on actual commodities to cushion the effect will be a better alternative.

Minimum wage increase still on track. Just hope they speed it up.

To people talking about the increase in petrol price, it hurts truly but that is the meaning of “Subsidy is Gone”. The market force control the price now.

We all condemned previous government for not removing subsidy and now that it is removed, we must face the harsh reality of the decision. FG should now spend that saved money on the Nigerian people so they can at least lift the burden small.

Update: Now confirmed!

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/18/tinubu-bows-to-pressure-orders-review-of-n8000-palliative/

Mynd44
sense is very far from you bro
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by LegendHero(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Solowise0814:
sense is very far from you bro

Thanks
Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
FS removal is a case of extracting a rotten tooth before thinking of anaesthesia, instead of the other way round. smiley
I congratulate the federal government for always finding a way to turn a bad situation into a rotten one cheesy grin grin cheesy
They don't always disappoint their worshipers

1 Like

Re: FG cancels proposed N8000 palliative; to increase wage, distribute commodities by lotkyes200: 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
They should use the money for the palliative and build refinenary we dont want commodity we have not forgotten Covid19 Pallative

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret Things Happening Now Around Africa No One's Telling Nigerians / Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia / CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.