Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

“My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare (1953 Views)

"Ask For A Refund Of Your Bribe" - Omokri Slams El-rufai / ‘My Lord, Where Do I Keep Your Bribe?’ – Niyi Osundare / My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe? By Niyi Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Prof Niyi Osundare boldly lampoons and ridicules Judges And NJC in an illustrative poetry entitled:

*My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe

A lovely piece of poem by a blunt and courageous poet that will make your day....

“My Lord, Tell me Where to Keep your Bribe.

A poem by Prof. Niyi Osundare.

Do I drop it in your venerable chambers

Or carry the heavy booty to your immaculate mansion

Shall I bury it in the capacious water tank

In your well laundered backyard
Or will it breathe better in the septic tank

Since money can deodorize the smelliest crime

Shall I haul it up the attic

Between the ceiling and your lofty roof

Or shall I conjure the walls to open up

And swallow this sudden bounty from your honest labour
Shall I give a billion to each of your paramours

The black, the light, the Fanta-yellow
They will surely know how to keep the loot

In places too remote for the sniffing dog

Or shall I use the particulars

Of your anonymous maidservants and manservants
With their names on overflowing bank accounts

While they famish like ownerless dogs

Shall I haul it all to your village

In the valley behind seven mountains
Where potholes swallow up the hugest jeep

And Penury leaves a scar on every house

My Lord
It will take the fastest machine
Many, many days to count this booty; and lucky bank bosses

May help themselves to a fraction of the loot

My Lord

Tell me where to keep your bribe?

The “last hope of the common man”

Has become the last bastion of the criminally rich

A terrible plague bestrides the land

Besieged by rapacious judges and venal lawyers

Behind the antiquated wig

And the slavish glove

The penguin gown and the obfuscating jargon

Is a rot and riot whose stench is choking the land

Behind the rituals and roted rigmaroles

Old antics connive with new tricks

Behind the prim-and-proper costumes of masquerades

Corruption stands, naked, in its insolent impunity

For sale to the highest bidder

Interlocutory and perpetual injunctions

Opulent criminals shop for pliant judges

Protect the criminal, enshrine the crime

And Election Petition Tribunals

Ah, bless those goldmines and bottomless booties!

Scoundrel vote-riggers romp to electoral victory

All hail our buyable Bench and conniving Bar

A million dollars in Their Lordship’s bedroom

A million euros in the parlor closet

Countless naira beneath the kitchen sink

Our courts are fast running out of Ghana-must-go’s*

The “Temple of Justice”

Is broken in every brick

The roof is roundly perforated

By termites of graft

My Lord

Tell me where to keep your bribe?

Judges doze in the courtroom

Having spent all night, counting money and various “gifts”

And the Chief Justice looks on with tired eyes
As Corruption usurps his gavel.

A million dollars in Their Lordship’s bedroom

A million euros in the parlor closet

Countless naira beneath the kitchen sink

Our courts are fast running out of Ghana-must-go’s*

The “Temple of Justice”

https://twitter.com/justsociety4all/status/1681248190618583040?s=46&t=2AB_wrBea-oBYJf5ZCFV-A

4 Likes

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by TheBillyonaire: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
The Poet should be arrested by DSS for insinuating that President Tinubu will stoop so low to bribe judges;

Discussion continues <<<<<<<<<<<

End of Discussion.>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by judatech: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
This captures the Nigerian Judiciary very well...and the police stations

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Jostoman: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
cheesy grin
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Beremx(f): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
The Poet should be arrested by DSS for insinuating that President Tinubu will stoop so low to bribe judges;

he's preparing to bribe them with 30billion naira from 500billion naira loan.

We are watching

4 Likes

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by iammo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
cool

Obidient movement ideology

Ridicule Academic Professor of ASUU and INEC

Ridicule NYSC ADHOC NYSC members

Ridicule anyone who doesn't believe in Obi and voted Tinubu "bigot"

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by TheBillyonaire: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Beremx:
he's preparing to bribe them with 30billion naira from 500billion naira loan.

We are watching

Hopefully, you have evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Feintline: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
The judiciary is dead as far as many Nigerians are concerned.
The PEPT matter is a last opportunity to resurrect . If this opportunity is missed, they dead, buried and destroyed.

1 Like

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by crossfm: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is the current state of Nigeria judiciary.

Judgement is for the highest bidder. Criminals and looters run to the court for protection, what a shame.

Which way Nigeria?.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by richiemcgold: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Both the theme and the personae are of no interest to me; but sincerely, I'm thrilled by the skills and styles of the renowned poet. The diction is very metaphorical and symbolical.

"..The penguin gown and the obfuscating jargon
Is a rot and riot whose stench is choking the land.."

Thumbs up prof.

3 Likes

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Where did you see Tinubu in the poem? Or guilty conscience already torturing you?

5 Likes

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by flokii: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
He should cut the judges some slack jare.. who even dash am prof?.
Where was he when Judiciary got gagged almost to point of death in the not too distant past. Every tom, dick and harry wants to trend.

If e easy, why him papa no go become judge. Yeye!
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by TheBillyonaire: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Penguin2:

Where did you see Tinubu in the poem? Or guilty conscience already torturing you?
You are not smart.
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
You are not smart.
And may I know how?
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by APCNig: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Fraudulent lecturer. Who send your Mama?

The Supreme Court ruled a few weeks back that some miscreants who called themselves Abuja residents were trying to use social media to intimidate the Judiciary, so their useless case was thrown out, and the idiots were fined. Now, another set of miscreants are repeating the same nonsense by trying to intimidate the Judiciary. It's obvious you know where it will end, your useless case will be thrown out, and your lord and saviour Giringori Obituary will be heavily fined. After that, you can also troop to the streets, soldiers that ran from Boko Haram will be waiting to meet you and help reduce your population
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Djoel: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
Penguin2:
Prof Niyi Osundare boldly lampoons and ridicules Judges And NJC in an illustrative poetry entitled:

A lovely piece of poem by a blunt and courageous poet that will make your day....

https://twitter.com/justsociety4all/status/1681248190618583040?s=46&t=2AB_wrBea-oBYJf5ZCFV-A

Why wouldn't this make the front page O Nairaland Mods? Do not share in the sins of the court Judges in this deeply soul searching piece by suppressing truth and justice.

1 Like

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Djoel:

Why wouldn't this make the front page O Nairaland Mods? Do not share in the sins of the court Judges in this deeply soul searching piece by suppressing truth and justice.

Lol!

Maybe it’s for ‘national security’ reasons 😏
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
APCNig:
Fraudulent lecturer. Who send your Mama?

The Supreme Court ruled a few weeks back that some miscreants who called themselves Abuja residents were trying to use social media to intimidate the Judiciary, so their useless case was thrown out, and the idiots were fined. Now, another set of miscreants are repeating the same nonsense by trying to intimidate the Judiciary. It's obvious you know where it will end, your useless case will be thrown out, and your lord and saviour Giringori Obituary will be heavily fined. After that, you can also troop to the streets, soldiers that ran from Boko Haram will be waiting to meet you and help reduce your population
How did you come to the conclusion that Prof Niyi is a fraudulent lecturer? What did he defraud you?

And hey, the Abuja case was by a High Court, not Supreme Court.

Don’t misinform the public.
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by APCNig: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Penguin2:

How did you come to the conclusion that Prof Niyi is a fraudulent lecturer? What did he defraud you?

And hey, the Abuja case was by a High Court, not Supreme Court.

Don’t misinform the public.

You will all weep again just as you wept when the election results were announced
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
APCNig:

You will all weep again just as you wept when the election results were announced
Pray you don’t weep last.

1 Like

Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by AntiTerrorist: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Penguin2:

The title should be Nigeria and "The Temple of inJustice” By Prof Niyi Osundare. The judiciary is as corrupt as the executive arm of government. Who will save NIGERIA

Mr Seun, if you are not benefiting from Nigeria democracy kleptocracy, this thread have to hit front page.

Cc Mynd44 OAM4J nlfpmod lalasticlala
Re: “My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe.” - By Prof Niyi Osundare by Penguin2: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
The title should be Nigeria and "The Temple of inJustice” By Prof Niyi Osundare. The judiciary is as corrupt as the executive arm of government. Who will save NIGERIA

Mr Seun, if you are not benefiting from Nigeria democracy kleptocracy, this thread have to hit front page.

Cc Mynd44 OAM4J nlfpmod lalasticlala
Lol!

They don’t like poems.

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy Theory, Satellite Picture, CIA Involved / Chei ! ! Our Dear President is dead. / Jonathan To Declare His Intentions To Run After Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.