Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,329 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? (552 Views)

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
An average nigerian will be the first to condemn others. He/she crys foul when the rights of people from other country are violated while keeping quiet at the many violations in their own country. They want the world to see them as good people when they are actually monsters. I HATE NIGERIA WITH PASSION!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
um . . . @Poster, I don't think you should take it that far. Yes, I know exactly what you are speaking of. Many a Nigerian will cry that he/she is being discriminated against, when denied one freedom or another abroad, but the very same Nigerians, when discussing Nigeria related issues, would openly discriminate against Nigerians from other tribes, regions, etc, without flinching.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't think pretense has much to do with it, and I certainly don't believe it is reason to HATE anyone. I do  think this speaks to the fact that we are no where near where we ought to be as beings, and as a people. It definitely gets my blood boiling but you should see people of this kind more as people who need help.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^^ my dear, it is pretence in collabo with hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Full Of Pretence? by Dede1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
I can not fathom the operational relationship of words such as hatred, discrimination, violation or denial.

Nigeria is a bye product of imperial misconception. An attempt to correct the fraud had led to a bitter war which has indelibly left us with recurrent government and leadership devoid of any sense of articulation.

@Ogbonaikenna, I do not think you can hate Nigeria more than I do because there is no rest for me until the cesspit called Nigeria is disintegrated.

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Economy To Expand 13.6% This Year, Agency Says / Bishop Oyedepo On The Issue Of Subsidy Removal / N894m Contract Scam: Court Decides Bankole’s Fate Dec 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.