Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness (2129 Views)

Fubara To Wike: "Whatever Happened Is In The Past, My Oga Remains My Oga" / Nigeria Army,82 Division Enugu Get New GOC / Shake-up; New GOC, Theatre Commanders, Others Appointed To Tackle Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by tonye33(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
Fubara to new GOC 6 Div: Steer clear of Rivers politics or leave with sickness

GOVERNOR Siminialayi Fubara on Tuesday cautioned new General Officer Commanding (GOC) 6 Division, Nigeria Army, Maj Gen Jamil Abdussalam, to steer clear of Rivers state politics or he would end badly if he fails to heed the advise.

Fubara cautioned the GOC at the Government House Port Harcourt when Abdussalam visited to pledge the 6 Division’s support for the new Rivers administration and seek sustained support from the state in mutual trust for enhanced security.
Fubara warned the visitor, “Don’t indulge in politics. Your predecessors who indulged in politics here ended up badly. If you don’t listen and you engage, when we (Rivers people) finish our prayers, you will go with sickness.

“At this particular time, what is most critical is security. I know one of your roles is to complement Police efforts on internal security, especially when it concerns criminal activities. The army has the capacity to combat this area of security.”

The governor alleged before the GOC on how some civilians move freely with arms in a locality of the state where the military maintains a camp, asserting that the development raises a red flag on the role of the army in the security of the state.

Fubara explained, “I feel very embarrassed that there is a camp somewhere in Degeme (Local Government Area). It’s a military base and civilians parade arms around there. Is it that our laws now allow individuals to brandish AK47s, that people can display these arms before military personnel and you don’t do anything about it?

“It is an insult to the state, to the federal government of Nigeria. I don’t know where it is coming from, maybe you people allow it for a reason, but you look into it. Also, see what to do about the situation in the Elele axis. You also have a base there and we are always having challenges from people outside the state coming from that axis to cause problems.”

Promising not to deviate from his predecessor’s support for the army, Fubara assured the GOC of providing “the material support that you desire. Also cash support for your field officers. We will continue with those items.

“Our N195. 3Bn Ring Road Project cutting across six LGAs is a major one and there is every likelihood we will have security issues on that project. There are people who don’t want things done properly, who dislike development. They may want to come up with one distraction or the other. See what you can do.”

Earlier the 6 Div GOC, Maj Gen Abdussalam had told the host he was aware, “Rivers government has been supporting us on the provision of fuel for our operations, provision of ration cash allowance for our personnel deployed and so many other assistance that cannot be quantified.
“I solicit more support for our troops in the field and congratulate you on the giant stride made in such a short time with the flag off of the Port Harcourt Ring Road project. We know even at the federal government level, this project is gigantic.

“We are happy to associate with this development. Already, the contractor assigned to this project, Julius Berger has approached us to provide additional security because of this additional task ahead and we are willing to support them because this a project that will have an impact on the country as a whole.”

Source: Vanguard

1 Like

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by tonye33(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
smiley
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Fasindo: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
shocked

Look at what Nigerian army has reduced itself to

6 Likes

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by SmilingImabong: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Xscape1993(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
When a ruler is lawless. Everything is lawless. The politicians have reduced the army to nothing....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by duduade: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
And a whole GOC sat down to listen to this rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
cool Man with money is speaking .....

1 Like

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:25am On Jul 19, 2023
The Goc be like, I am here for my own share of the loot from bunkering, so you can continue ranting.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by helinues: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Simi dey play
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by FreeStuffsNG: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2023
Just like all state commissioners of police, all GOCs are literally politicians in uniform wink
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Depriest2020: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2023
shocked
You mean he said that to the GoC?
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Padipadi(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2023
Last last, army may take over Nigeria. It ll be demanded by the masses cos politicians no wan grow brain.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by SOSinNigeria: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Nna men, is like this guy go worry pass Wike o. Make we dey watch Sha.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by SaiBABAhelinues: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2023
Another drunkard ooo
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by SOSinNigeria: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2023
"...The governor alleged before the GOC on how some civilians move freely with arms in a locality of the state where the military maintains a camp, asserting that the development raises a red flag on the role of the army in the security of the state.

Fubara explained, “I feel very embarrassed that there is a camp somewhere in Degeme (Local Government Area). It’s a military base and civilians parade arms around there. Is it that our laws now allow individuals to brandish AK47s, that people can display these arms before military personnel and you don’t do anything about it?

“It is an insult to the state, to the federal government of Nigeria. I don’t know where it is coming from, maybe you people allow it for a reason, but you look into it. Also, see what to do about the situation in the Elele axis. You also have a base there and we are always having challenges from people outside the state coming from that axis to cause problems
.”

Hmnn, the governor is either referring to Asari dokubo boys or Fulanis here. For him to caution the GOC to his face about it, shows he is not a coward.

Fubara seems to be a man with balls.

3 Likes

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2023
Depriest2020:
shocked
You mean he said that to the GoC?

He is the number one citizen and chief Executive officer of the state, what do you expect? A Governor of the treasure base of the nation should become a coward?
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by LagosFirstSon: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2023
This is an insult to the Nigerian army
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by maestroferddi: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2023
Gradually the governor will become his own man and then Wike will begin to feel the heat...

1 Like

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Depriest2020: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

He is the number one citizen and chief Executive officer of the state, what do you expect? A Governor of the treasure base of the nation should become a coward?
I know his position in the state, what am asking is if he really threatened the GoC with sickness if he becomes a meddlesome interloper?

1 Like

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Morbeta11(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2023
They should simply decline free meals from state House.. grin grin or Antrax loading.. grin grin
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2023
Depriest2020:

I know his position in the state, what am asking is if he really threatened the GoC with sickness if he becomes a meddlesome interloper?

I feel that was a joke added to the communication. We could have felt the communication better if it was visual.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by mrblessed(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Oga governor, that's undemocratic.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by BabaRamota1980: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
tonye33:
Fubara to new GOC 6 Div: Steer clear of Rivers politics or leave with sickness

GOVERNOR Siminialayi Fubara on Tuesday cautioned new General Officer Commanding (GOC) 6 Division, Nigeria Army, Maj Gen Jamil Abdussalam, to steer clear of Rivers state politics or he would end badly if he fails to heed the advise.

Fubara cautioned the GOC at the Government House Port Harcourt when Abdussalam visited to pledge the 6 Division’s support for the new Rivers administration and seek sustained support from the state in mutual trust for enhanced security.
Fubara warned the visitor, “Don’t indulge in politics. Your predecessors who indulged in politics here ended up badly. If you don’t listen and you engage, when we (Rivers people) finish our prayers, you will go with sickness.

“At this particular time, what is most critical is security. I know one of your roles is to complement Police efforts on internal security, especially when it concerns criminal activities. The army has the capacity to combat this area of security.”

The governor alleged before the GOC on how some civilians move freely with arms in a locality of the state where the military maintains a camp, asserting that the development raises a red flag on the role of the army in the security of the state.

“It is an insult to the state, to the federal government of Nigeria. I don’t know where it is coming from, maybe you people allow it for a reason, but you look into it. Also, see what to do about the situation in the Elele axis. You also have a base there and we are always having challenges from people outside the state coming from that axis to cause problems.”

Promising not to deviate from his predecessor’s support for the army, Fubara assured the GOC of providing “the material support that you desire. Also cash support for your field officers. We will continue with those items.

“Our N195. 3Bn Ring Road Project cutting across six LGAs is a major one and there is every likelihood we will have security issues on that project. There are people who don’t want things done properly, who dislike development. They may want to come up with one distraction or the other. See what you can do.”

Earlier the 6 Div GOC, Maj Gen Abdussalam had told the host he was aware, “Rivers government has been supporting us on the provision of fuel for our operations, provision of ration cash allowance for our personnel deployed and so many other assistance that cannot be quantified.
“I solicit more support for our troops in the field and congratulate you on the giant stride made in such a short time with the flag off of the Port Harcourt Ring Road project. We know even at the federal government level, this project is gigantic.

“We are happy to associate with this development. Already, the contractor assigned to this project, Julius Berger has approached us to provide additional security because of this additional task ahead and we are willing to support them because this a project that will have an impact on the country as a whole.”

Source: Vanguard

These are the kind of uncivilized barbaric animals, accidental leaders that inspire Yoruba to demand its own nation and separate from Nigeria. Very repulsive. If I were that GOC I woupd dispatch Colonels under my command to go and arrest this gov and lock in guardroom until i get a order from Army Chief of Staff to let him go.

2 Likes

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by BabaRamota1980: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Na only him dey host GOC for Nigeria?

Why are other govs not insulting their guests with such indignities as this idiot just did.

He made me loose respect for Rivers.

The wealthiest state in Nigeeia is Lagos, oil is a glorified cash cow. Lagos is ahead of Rivers. Do Go eenors in Lagos speak to their guests in this manner? Elders of Rivers need to speak up in condemnation of his follishness
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Maize247(f): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hope this governor is poor in reasoning. That's undiplomatic of the governor
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Ikaeniyan0: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
Padipadi:
Last last, army may take over Nigeria. It ll be demanded by the masses cos politicians no wan grow brain.
I don't still understand how a full grown adult who witness brutal military regime will be calling for military rule again in Nigeria. What did Nigeria achieve under military regime?
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Blazebond(m): 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
This one na wike stooge, nothing dey him head at all,always running after wike up and down.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Padipadi(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't still understand how a full grown adult who witness brutal military regime will be calling for military rule again in Nigeria. What did Nigeria achieve under military regime?
Be like say head dey pain you?
Haven't you read the bible and see that Nigerians are like Israelites. Small suffer, the complain that they are better off in Egypt. These ones wey politicians dey do sweet you?
Or am I the one one in Nigeria?
Are your family members not complaining?
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Ikaeniyan0: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Padipadi:

Be like say head dey pain you?
Haven't you read the bible and see that Nigerians are like Israelites. Small suffer, the complain that they are better off in Egypt. These ones wey politicians dey do sweet you?
Or am I the one one in Nigeria?
Are your family members not complaining?
So how did it become the job of the military to rule? Do you have a working brain at all? 🙁

Is Abacha not a military man who looted over $5billion? One of the reason Nigeria is in this horrible position is because of military rule.

List out the tangible things Babaginda did as the military president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by Padipadi(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
So how did it become the job of the military to rule? Do you have a working brain at all? 🙁

Is Abacha not a military man who looted over $5billion? One of the reason Nigeria is in this horrible position is because of military rule.

List out the tangible things Babaginda did as the military president of Nigeria.
I v a brain. I know of Babangida and Abacha's regime. Before you spit more on your ancestors, let me be clear.
I m not in support of military rule and isn't calling for it. My post is saying, Nigerians a times can be so pissed with a system that they ll call for anything they feel it can rescue them.
From 1999 till date, I can say that politicians that were trusted all failed. If you don't see anything wrong with them but is quick to condemn the military only, then you must be a politician eating fat from the coffers.
What we need is good governance and the masses have started grunting that military regime no hard like this. Sine petrol hit N617, N670 and N700 per litre in some places, the murmuring has increased. So read my post well and use your best part of the brain to reply.
Re: Fubara To New GOC 6 Div: Steer Clear Of Rivers Politics Or Leave With Sickness by FirstCounsel(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin
duduade:
And a whole GOC sat down to listen to this rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Ran Away From Biafra With Money, Leaving His People And Starving - Gowon / Osarodion Ogie Named As Running Mate To PDP Asue Ighodalo / Who would win : MEND or JTF?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.