Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? (1528 Views)

Peter Obi's Presidency: Would Obi Have Picked Someone From SW As SP? / Who Would OBI Votes Destroy Most: Atiku Or BAT / Where Would Obi Cubana Be Without ''The Zoo''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Please I need someone to clear me on what Obi would have done differently concerning the situation of the country within this short period. A country that has long sunked since the time of Jonathan's administration, the last good/fair government we had was Yaradua and Obasanjo's administration. Jonathan is the architect of the present country we have, Buhari couldn't do any better and Tinubu is just trying to pull us out by the drastic decisions he's taking which has it's negative impact which would only be for a very short time before we start seeing the positive effects of his decisions. Nigerians please be patient, times are really hard but we have to endure so we can achieve permanent and meaningful results. May God ease our affairs and bless each and every one of you.
Thank you all, iconicR cares.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Obidients should answer me please

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by FuckSilly: 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Let's hear from the wailing wailers, obidīots and OSU pigs grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Ngorbungor(m): 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
Please I need someone to clear me on what Obi would have done differently concerning the situation of the country within this short period. A country that has long sunked since the time of Jonathan's administration, the last good/fair government we had was Obasanjo's administration. Jonathan is the architect of the present country we have, Buhari couldn't do any better and Tinubu is just trying to pull us out by the drastic decisions he's taking which has it's negative impact which would only be for a very short time before we start seeing the positive effects of his decisions. Nigerians please be patient, times are really hard but we have to endure so we can achieve permanent and meaningful results. May God ease our affairs and bless each and every one of you.

Those are the lines Buhari used for 8 solid years and you guys have started using Be Patient. This time around it won't work.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ngorbungor:

Those are the lines Buhari used for 8 solid years and you guys have started using Be Patient. This time around it won't work.
You didn't answer my question. I said what would Obi have done differently within this short period. Obi was all over the place shouting fuel subsidy removal and you all hailed him, same Obi was telling Nigerians that he'll do them well well like an ashawo patronizing her customers. So answer me, what miracles would Obi have performed within this short period? Nobody is happy with the situation of the country but there's no miracle that can be done overnight, drastic decisions has to be taken and they come with harsh conditions and mind you increament of minimum wage is being discussed and will take effect soon

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by yarimo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Obi is a fraudster he can't do any meaningful thing, someone that defrauded small Anambra state as governor for 8 years

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
yarimo:
Obi is fraudster he can't do any meaningful thing, someone that defrauded small Anambra state as governor for 8 years
I just want them to tell me the miracle he would have performed within this short period
Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by talented321: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
This fuel subsidy issue is giving the nation a big doubt and is worrying mr president as well, he should have waited for some months when he has balanced well before taking that decision.
To you question those who support peter are also fighting for their own interest so they don't like jagaban, but jaga is not clearing their doubt though he said we should give him time but those who are against you will not wait for that time before they can complain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by duro4chang(m): 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nothing in his head
Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
duro4chang:
Nothing in his head
Obidients should answer me na 😂 They called me Lauretta Onochie of Nairaland and all other names during campaign, so they should tell me what Obi would have done differently within this short period

1 Like

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by ify2016: 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Announcement coming tomorrow.

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by ify2016: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
More

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
talented321:
This fuel subsidy issue is giving the nation a big doubt and is worrying mr president as well, he should have waited for some months when he has balanced well before taking that decision.
To you question those who support peter are also fighting for their own interest so they don't like jagaban, but jaga is not clearing their doubt though he said we should give him time but those who are against you will not wait for that time before they can complain.
If you know that obi ehn his supporters will stone him unfortunately some Nigerians are easily deceived

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by sreamsense: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
By now, obi will still be doing trial and error governance, and then tell us to go and verify. By now, we would have "marked words" tirelessly without fulfilling any.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Ngozi123(f): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
You didn't answer my question. I said what would Obi have done differently within this short period. Obi was all over the place shouting fuel subsidy removal and you all hailed him, same Obi was telling Nigerians that he'll do them well well like an ashawo patronizing her customers. So answer me, what miracles would Obi have performed within this short period? Nobody is happy with the situation of the country but there's no miracle that can be done overnight, drastic decisions has to be taken and they come with harsh conditions and mind you increament of minimum wage is being discussed and will take effect soon

You said that you'll not be responding to anyone’s comments so why should they bother responding to yours?

3 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Ngozi123(f): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
sreamsense:
By now, obi will still be doing trial and error governance, and then tell us to go and verify. By now, we would have "marked words" tirelessly without fulfilling any.

You people can keep waiting for Obi to give you the answers till kingdom come but the fact of the matter is that you and those like you have claimed that Tinubu is the best Nigeria has to offer so why do you even care what Obi would have done?

Isn't he supposed to be inferior to Tinubu (according to you and your likes)?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Brainmytool: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
HE Peter Obi would have by now appointed A minister of Defense, Minister of Finance, Minister of Petroluem, Minister of Agriculture, Minister of Education. And this ministers would have atleast by now helped HE Peter Obi to curb the nations economic and defense crisis.
Thank u.

Also RENEWED SHEGE MUST FAVOUR U, UR FAMILY AND UR FUTURE. AMEN.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Reinamaria(f): 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
Obidients should answer me please

IyaebeTheGreat. undecided

1 Like

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by richidinho(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Please I need someone to clear me on what Obi would have done differently concerning the situation of the country within this short period. A country that has long sunked since the time of Jonathan's administration, the last good/fair government we had was Yaradua and Obasanjo's administration. Jonathan is the architect of the present country we have, Buhari couldn't do any better and Tinubu is just trying to pull us out by the drastic decisions he's taking which has it's negative impact which would only be for a very short time before we start seeing the positive effects of his decisions. Nigerians please be patient, times are really hard but we have to endure so we can achieve permanent and meaningful results. May God ease our affairs and bless each and every one of you.

You are looking for ideas, when you were running your mouth during campaigns i thought you have anything upstairs

Shameless man still blaming GEJ after 8yrs

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Throwback: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2023
Whatever done similarly to the current Tinubu administration would have ben termed as a necessary sacrifice for a new Nigeria.

Are you not aware that many zombies were OK with the Naira scarcity as a means to get a new Nigeria that would be headed by Peter Obi the old political prostitute and unscrupulous ticket hunter who is a pathological liar?

They played themselves by not challenging Obi or Atiku for supporting subsidy removal as presidential candidates. Now they have no leader to help them organize protest.

While I do not support subsidy removal, all APC, PDP, and LP supporters should shut their mouths and bear the burden of subsidy removal that their presidential candidates honestly did not hide from them.

1 Like

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Nonny95: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
I just want them to tell me the miracle he would have performed within this short period

You're a clown.

When Obi was reeling out statistics and how to go about the Subsidy stuff, your Balablue openly said, "Na statistics we go chop"?

Forgetting that Data is life.

Well, this below is one of the ways he would have handled this subsidy stuff.

You don't put the cart before the horse. Thats exactly what your Agbado master did.

17 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Smithkafors(m): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2023
You guys are insane!…..supporting someone who never granted any interview or explain any plans to to Nigerians is something else.

You are talking about PO that went round the world studying systems that works…. Even went to Egypt to study how their power sector works. I pity una….. Tinubu is busy gallacanting everywhere.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by FreeSpirited: 12:24am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Ashiere ni e ..
Ko ni daa fun e....
Oluya....same way the Buharist started in 2015 till they were disgraced
You idddiots voted Buhari twice and have continued asslicking from where the Buharist stopped.
You people are cursed because u can't see the writing on the walls, the breeze of new Nigeria is blowing, but u foools are clinging to a Crimminal drug lord while suffering..koni daa fun gbogbo yin
Go and ask your father that question...Ashiere

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by MadamExcellency: 12:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Peter Obi will request blanket debt forgiveness or loan deferment to allow the country free space and based on his integrity, some countries, IMF and World Bank will oblige.

This will be the greatest game changer. And other things will fall in place.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by emorse(m): 12:27am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
I don't mean this as an insult but you and your cohorts are not so different from the so-called obidients that you so desperately seek to ridicule. Both camps think that they can only be right when the other is wrong. They fail to realise whom their real enemies are.

See bro, the elites are doing everything they can to divert our attention away from our real problems... themselves. Yes, our leaders are our problems and not the regular Joe on the streets who just wants a fairly comfortable life for himself. They keep us busy fighting amongst ourselves so we don't notice their ineptitude.

They moment we realise that the battle should be the masses against the leaders, we would have solved well over 50% of our problems. Our leaders have consistently made promises for as long as I can remember. None of them has ever fulfilled up to 50% of those promises.

Watchout for the outcome of their deliberations on the minimum wage. Maybe it will open your eyes to what I'm driving at. Even though an increase in the minimum wage, no matter how significant, cannot repair the damages. Who will raise the wages of the private sector guys who constitute a greater percentage of the workforce? Let's not look that far anyway. Let's just wait and see what they'll throw forward as the result of their deliberations on the minimum wage.

I'll keep in mind to revive this thread at that time so we can continue this discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Guestlander: 12:37am On Jul 19, 2023
He would have done nothing other than pandering to tribal and religious sentiments.
He didn't even have any manifesto until it was pointed out to him.
Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by olisaEze(m): 12:38am On Jul 19, 2023
Let’s start with what he wouldn’t have done first. Obi would not have removed subsidy totally without a thought for the attendant suffering of the masses. He would not be rewarding the Nass with N70b as palliative when they have just collected their wardrobe & furniture allowance amongst many other bourgeois allowances. He would not continue the previous administration’s scam of making direct deposits into phantom accounts of non existent poor & vulnerable. Last and by no means the least, he wouldn’t be threatening anarchy & chaos on the judiciary and the nation if the constitution he swore to uphold finds him lacking!

5 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by mrvitalis(m): 1:44am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:

That aside no body is against tinubu for removing the subsidy
90% of anger of Nigerians come from what tinubu has done over removal of subsidy

Obi would have significantly reduced cost of governance, won't give 70% to national Assembly, won't give 35 billion to judiciary

Would have reduced presidential fleet n motorcade by a lot

Would significantly reduce the take him pay of appointees

That aside he understood the fundamentals of the problem... Investing in small, medium and large scale business would receive support right in the rural areas to produce some things we import and can export... This right here is key

Obi was specific we would start pulling people out of poverty from day one by creating employment and supporting business

U no how many cooperative that 500 billion can empower?.... Cooperative of cassava farmers can get loan to build garri processing plant, cassava planter and harvester

That's the Koko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by mrvitalis(m): 1:45am On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Obi would have started cutting cost from himself

It's as if only Nigerians are suffering

4 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by glojid: 2:31am On Jul 19, 2023
Nonny95:

You're a clown.

When Obi was reeling out statistics and how to go about the Subsidy stuff, your Balablue openly said, "Na statistics we go chop"?

Forgetting that Data is life.

Well, this below is one of the ways he would have handled this subsidy stuff.

You don't put the cart before the horse. Thats exactly what your Agbado master did.

I sincerely dont know how we got it so wrong as a people.....to think we had such an option and people supported Tinubu because of tribe and personal sentiment.. ......dont know what to say again....

3 Likes

Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by jom28gy(m): 2:43am On Jul 19, 2023
A lots would have been in place by now, infact, life would have been easier,
Re: Please What Would Obi Have Done Differently Within This Short Period? by Obaaderemi2: 3:27am On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
Which decision? Tinubu didn't take that decision, it was buhari who removed the subsidy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 / Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Visitation Request For Business Parley / This Unusual Heavy Rain For Almost 2 Weeks, Hope It's Not Cloud Seeding Effects?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.