Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 (1530 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Tunechi5(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2023

Kyari confirms Port Harcourt refinery to take off in December 2023
Mele Kyari has confirmed that the Port Harcourt refinery will take off in December 2023.

He said this while meeting with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Tajudeen Abbas on Thursday, November 23.

The Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited said the rehabilitation of the state-run refineries is ongoing and that by December 2024 Nigeria would stop petrol imports.

He said:

“I can confirm to you that by the end of December this year, we will start the Port Harcourt refinery; early in the first quarter of 2024, we will start the Warri refinery and by the end of 2024, the Kaduna refinery will come into operation.
“This is the commitment we are giving today, and you can hold us accountable for this. In 2024, many of the initiatives including the rehabilitation of our refineries and also the efforts of small-scale refineries, and the upcoming Dangote refinery, will make Nigeria a net exporter of petroleum products in 2024.
“We will no longer be talking about fuel importation by the end of 2024. I am very optimistic that this will crystallize.”
Meanwhile, Tajudeen Abbass called for the privatization of refineries due to the fact that some businesses are not meant to be run by the government.

He said:

“There is a need to make these refineries have multi-dimensional uses. If there is no crude oil, are there other activities that can make the workers active so that what they earn is deserved? I need you and your management to look at how we can turn around these decades of losses.
“One way to do so is to find a way to privatize these refineries. We have spent so much money and time deceiving ourselves that some businesses can be run by the government.
“In the case of the refineries, we have now realized that some sectors of NNPCL business can only be handled by the private sector and our refineries are one of those.
“The inadequacies will become manifest as soon as the Dangote refinery comes on board because the competition will be there, and inefficiencies of the refineries will become more naked.”
In August 2023, the National Assembly announced that it would probe the alleged N11.3 trillion expenditure by the Federal Government on Nigeria’s refineries’ turn-around maintenance between 2010 and 2020.

According to the House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Public Accounts, there is concern over the deplorable state of Nigeria’s refineries despite the significant amount of money spent on their maintenance over the past decade.

What you should know
Note that the NNPCL plans to provide the 650,000 barrels per day Dangote oil refinery, with up to six shipments of crude oil in December for testing, based on information from industry sources both at NNPCL and Dangote refinery.

The six shipments, totalling 200,000 barrels per day, are set for December as part of a one-year agreement.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/24/kyari-confirms-port-harcourt-refinery-to-take-off-in-december-2023/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
The one wey obasanjo say e no fit work lai lai.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Bluntguy: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
Impossible. Unless I see I will not believe them.

2 Likes

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obiedun:
The one wey obasanjo say e no fit work lai lai.
so you don believe?
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
eliyke:
so you don believe?
I no believe am . E be soja no be engineer.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obiedun:
so you believe fg?dey play,sebi Dangote wey dem commission since don start work

1 Like

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by BOSSkesh(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Ipob will still cry and call it fake news because they hate Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
eliyke:
If by December the thing work I go flog you like mad. Dont be a doubting Thomas.

1 Like

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by BOSSkesh(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Bluntguy:
Impossible. Unless I see I will not believe them.
Obiedun:
eliyke:
Look at them enemies of the country
You are not happy with any positive news of the country
Very vile and black hearted people
Spits
check my signature for free stuffs!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Faiththatworks(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
It seems the publicity department of NNPCL has relocated to Nairaland.I applaud them and as a patriotic Nigerian,I am also very gladdened by this information
The truth is Nigerians will greatly benefit when the Refineries start operations but I still maintain that Asiwaju should sell off the remaining scrap metals called Refineries to avoid any more wastage
My joy is that the NNPCL has finally conceded to give Crude Oil to Dangote Refinery starting their test run from December 2023,for some people who have been following my post this project will shake up Ibeju Lekki LGA and Lagos State at large.
Some companies are already relocating to this location and setting up their manufacturing plants around this place
It will be very wise as an investor to follow suit
God bless Nigeria
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Bliss62: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obiedun:

Baba Iyabo na Civil Engineer for Army oo

But the refinery go work.

Obasanjo probably has deals in Petrol importation and doesn't want it to work
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Bliss62:

Baba Iyabo na Civil Engineer for Army oo

But the refinery go work.

Obasanjo probably has deals in Petrol importation and doesn't want it to work
But e no be engineer now
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Oilwell(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
My Ex colleague that works with montego now one of the indigineous contractors on that project informed me last month that by June 2024, the PH refinery will not be ready.

We both stay in PH
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obiedun:
If by December the thing work I go flog you like mad. Dont be a doubting Thomas.
no problem
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by ican2020: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Mele Kyar Should be sack without any delay
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Goldenchyke(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
I pray this news becomes a reality.

1 Like

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by aariwa(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lol…started hearing hearing this story right from Abacha’s time. I think it was Dan Etete the petroleum minister then and Emeka offor …connived to deceive Nigerians with a fictitious Portuguese company after cornering $250m contract from Abacha. On the said date, they invited NTA (the only tv station then***few private stations but not prominent) crewmen and started videoing a truckload (imported) of petroleum products driving out from the port harcourt refinery and they were telling newsmen those were refined petroleum products freshly refined for use of Nigerians, while on actual fact the refinery wasn’t working
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Chicagograduate(m): 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Liar.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
This guy is 419,pay him off his retirement let him go.Enough this nonsense play. angry
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obakoolex(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
I pray they do o bcoz some people wants them to fail just to score cheap political point
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by ozo13(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Funny people.allow it work first nah before all the whinning.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
BOSSkesh:

Look at them enemies of the country
You are not happy with any positive news of the country
Very vile and black hearted people
Spits
check my signature for free stuffs!!!! grin
oga hope you know we are in December,hwfa about d port Harcourt refinery?
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obiedun:
oga principal,we don reach December ooo.I say mk I remind you
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Melagros(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2023
Only a dundee will believe this motherfvcker
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
eliyke:
oga principal,we don reach December ooo.I say mk I remind you
Haba! Today is the 5th now. Let us wait till 31st.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by veraponpo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Is still feasible?

If this is achieved, then more kudos has to be given to both the president and Mr. Kyari.

1 Like

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by basty: 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
Those saying Nigeria Refineries will not work or Nigeria will not work will work after their deaths.
I prophesy after Joshua's prophesy that whoever that build the wall of Jericho will build the foundation with his first child and complete it with his last born.
Nigeria will work and people will live to benefit from the goodness of the land.
Nigeria hear the words of the Lord, move forward in Jesus name.
The tribes of Nigeria will rejoice in plenty and abundance.
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by basty: 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2023
Melagros:
Only a dundee will believe this motherfvcker

Hhmmm?
2 Kings 7:1-20
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by eliyke(m): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obiedun:
Haba! Today is the 5th now. Let us wait till 31st.
lolz,ok ooo
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by jmoore(m): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2023
basty:
Those saying Nigeria Refineries will not work or Nigeria will not work will work after their deaths.
I prophesy after Joshua's prophesy that whoever that build the wall of Jericho will build the foundation with his first child and complete it with his last born.
Nigeria will work and people will live to benefit from the goodness of the land.
Nigeria hear the words of the Lord, move forward in Jesus name.
The tribes of Nigeria will rejoice in plenty and abundance.
China didn't become a developed country by babablu bulabu..
If you keep electing mumu leaders, it is an abomination to call God for help.

1 Like

Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Obiedun(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
eliyke:
lolz,ok ooo
Yes
Re: Kyari Confirms Port Harcourt Refinery To Take Off In December 2023 by Jlow2: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
Take off in the sense of recruitment, yes by December 2023 and refining of oil December 2039, tanks to apc , the govt is favoring Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dariye's Brother's Wife and Baby Arrested by EFCC / Dariye Implicates Obasanjo And Mantu / Taliban Showing Up In Somalia ,where Are We Going Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.